Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

6 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

In my opinion, he will play Hansu. Of course, I know nothing, but Hansu is the only male character in the story from beginning to end. Noa is a baby and child for much of the story. Remember, it covers 80 years. The main character is Sunja. Minho-ssi could be her lover, her husband, her son, or her grandson.  The one there for the entire saga is Hansu. If the drama is changed from the book, things could be different. Since Sunja is so important, I’m really curious about her casting. And since it’s her story, it would be a courtesy to let her confirm first. Remember though, I know nothing. :lol:

You have a point, Based on reading wikipedia Honsu seems likes staying through the entire story, But....LMh can't play honsu forever since eventually he will be an elderly man. so even if he is Honsu, LMh can't stay throught the entire story since he has to be replaced, OR maybe they won't go all the way to the ending of the series.

However, my only concern with LMH playing Honsu is this, He is a wealthy man, and this time he is not born chaebol or King, but....you will hear it again, "LMH play wealthy man" and He is making Sunja his mistress. 

Obviously this is all out of our control. If he indeed play honsu, i really hope they flesh it out so well that people won't be fixated on the fact that he is wealthy, but instead focus on how LMh play his character.

I read one comment on some blogs, saying that LMH never accept a project that Doesn't revolve around his character, and I really want this project (IF he accepts) to really break that image.

Im still excited and hope to hear more soon!

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1

8 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Just I read your opinion I understood that everyone is talking about which character so that means there isn't main male character but they pick LMH so of course drama will change.

So in the novel, there isn’t any main male character? 

if LMH is offered the “main character”, then there should be some changes...

6 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Maybe they will reunite from 2 male character to a character.

WOW!! I like this!!! They could do that and I think it is common to make changes when making a drama based on a Novel..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scrawford said:

You have a point, Based on reading wikipedia Honsu seems likes staying through the entire story, But....LMh can't play honsu forever since eventually he will be an elderly man. so even if he is Honsu, LMh can't stay throught the entire story since he has to be replaced, OR maybe they won't go all the way to the ending of the series.

However, my only concern with LMH playing Honsu is this, He is a wealthy man, and this time he is not born chaebol or King, but....you will hear it again, "LMH play wealthy man" and He is making Sunja his mistress. 

Obviously this is all out of our control. If he indeed play honsu, i really hope they flesh it out so well that people won't be fixated on the fact that he is wealthy, but instead focus on how LMh play his character.

I read one comment on some blogs, saying that LMH never accept a project that Doesn't revolve around his character, and I really want this project (IF he accepts) to really break that image.

Im still excited and hope to hear more soon!

Omg, if the character is rich, I doubt LMH would play that role. I also don’t like the mistress part.. hope whatever role he chooses is well written 

I also want him to break that image, LMH always choose a character different from his previous role. I think Noa is a much better role.

• Like 1

It also seems to me that the role of Hansu is well suited for Lee Min Ho - a complex ambiguous character, and the role is mature, which makes it even more interesting. Sanju is also very important for the film, so you need to choose a real dramatic artist who can convey the whole gamut of the heroine's feelings - love, pain, suffering, self-sacrifice and forgiveness. Many fashionable artists will not be able to cope with such a role - there is not enough pretty appearance, you still need talent.

In any case, the choice is up to Lee Min Ho. Therefore, I agree with any of his roles - he will still play great!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Omg, if the character is rich, I doubt LMH would play that role. I also don’t like the mistress part.. hope whatever role he chooses is well written 

I also want him to break that image, LMH always choose a character different from his previous role. I think Noa is a much better role.

For me personally, I am not turned off if LMH play Ko Honsu. Really i am fine with him playing a character that is not likeable. But the wealthy effect and having mistress could be the talk around some Kdrama community. Which, at this point, maybe it shouldn't bother us since we won't be worrying about ratings and Knetz and kdrama community. 

But here is something to think about. Noa was Born in Japan, but the story started in Busan area, so If LMH indeed started shooting in Busan, he might be either Ko Honsu or Baek Isak. 

Unless they are planning on keep the Busan Location for the japanese part. If I remember correctly the shooting location for the series is Busan SK and Vancouver, CA.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

7 minutes ago, scrawford said:

For me personally, I am not turned off if LMH play Ko Honsu. Really i am fine with him playing a character that is not likeable. But the wealthy effect and having mistress could be the talk around some Kdrama community. Which, at this point, maybe it shouldn't bother us since we won't be worrying about ratings and Knetz and kdrama community. 

But here is something to think about. Noa was Born in Japan, but the story started in Busan area, so If LMH indeed started shooting in Busan, he might be either Ko Honsu or Baek Isak. 

Unless they are planning on keep the Busan Location for the japanese part. If I remember correctly the shooting location for the series is Busan SK and Vancouver, CA.

I haven’t read the book, so Noa was born in Japan? 

I’m getting confused..:crazymad: which character will LMH play? There are so many factors we should take into account.. 

who is Bask Isak??:crazymad:

Can LMH play male Sanju??  They should make some changes, there is too many characters for 8 episodes. (In TKEM, we have a lot of characters too)

11 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Actually I don't want that LMH's character keep in background by other characters , because I have tired haters from years, We saw every drama era , there are already so many jealuos people I know what they will say 

Omg, I cannot accept LMH be in the background..please nooooo :(

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

5 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

They never pick up all book for a 8 eps ofcourse they take out some characters from drama , just we should wait probably today or tomorrow MYM will confirm. If they will start in next week .

I really hope so,,,

because I’m tired of so many characters in a drama.. I want LMH’s drama to have some characters and him being the main character 

I expect from MYM to give us more information,, we need know what character he will play and what change they will make 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nikaa94 said:

who is Bask Isak??

I'm not going to spoil it here, but you can simply google Wikipedia for Pachinko and there is a summary of the story and you will understand who is who. 

It's multigenerational story and it's is clear as a day that Sunja is the Protagonist. That is why this is a Female centric story, but.....there are a few prominent Male characters, so don't loose hope, it's just a matter of who LMh will play.

I read the Wikipedia and read a little bit from Amazon Website. And... i just ordered the book. Can't wait to read it. Many people seems to love the story, so at least we know the story comes from a good writer :)

• Like 6
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

10 minutes ago, scrawford said:

I'm not going to spoil it here, but you can simply google Wikipedia for Pachinko and there is a summary of the story and you will understand who is who. 

It's multigenerational story and it's is clear as a day that Sunja is the Protagonist. That is why this is a Female centric story, but.....there are a few prominent Male characters, so don't loose hope, it's just a matter of who LMh will play.

I read the Wikipedia and read a little bit from Amazon Website. And... i just ordered the book. Can't wait to read it. Many people seems to love the story, so at least we know the story comes from a good writer :)

I don’t care about Sunja :criesariver:give my baby Min Ho the best role..

if LMH accepts this offer ,he will be the main character :relieved:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

On 10/18/2020 at 10:43 PM, leeminhosny said:

I don't want Canada, is there reliable. I think currently safest place is Korea 

Canada is quite safe. They handled the Covid well not like the US.  They ban Americans from entering Canada :D

• Like 6
  • Love 1