Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

21 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

But this changed now TVN catch up most popular actor and actrees and  I think 4% rating for TVN isn't success any more, this era is passed for TVN because this channel's reputation rose so much in last years, if it was 6-7 year ago, yes we could say 4% is success but now  we can't. (I remember a drama surpassed 2% and there are so many article ) But now nobody remember a drama that got 4% rating after ended on TVN . Everyone say isn't successful if a drama receive 3-4% rating now. Because TVN some drama rating surpassed 20% rating and almost every TVN drama gets at least 3-4% rating 

@leeminhosny in cable dramas not only tvN, 1%-5% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. That’s why, viewership ratings are calculated slightly different for cable network dramas. I guess I have to agree with you one way or the other - the shifts are being driven by multiple factors. For many directors, that ratings ceiling has led executives to wonder why they’re spending millions launching new shows whose numbers might only match ones already on the air. Broadcasters also have to compete with more outlets to find quality new shows in the first place. Shows produced in-house increasingly hold advantages over shows produced by outside studios. We’re in a time when it’s much easier to stay on the air but much harder to get on the air. That’s either very good or very bad for television, depending on who you are. There is pressure for more profit. A low-performing show could get unseated. Even without "A-list" actors or "hallyu" queens - just raw good acting skill & script the dramas will always be remembered..... :blush:

7 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

Искренне благодарю вас за добрые слова и взаимопонимание! Я очень рада, что нашла этот замечательный форум и таких добрых и отзывчивых людей. Ли Мин Хо собирает вокруг себя лучшее! Будем с удовольствием общаться и ждать его новых работ.

@nina_mitrokhina 5misnina, thank you also for being around this thread.

Translation : "I sincerely thank you for your kind words and mutual understanding! I am very glad that I found this wonderful forum and such kind and helpful people. Lee Min Ho gathers the best around him! I will be happy to communicate and wait for his new works." :grin:

10 hours ago, JoannaID said:

Thanks for sharing your story, LMH will be happy to read this  @nina_mitrokhina 5misnina :)

I know which drama that you talked about here, which got average 4% ratings but nobody came after it/bashing it, unlike TKEM who was severely attacked due to it's tv ratings. Haha. :lol:

I think media articles are now indeed bias, we cannot take it as it is anymore, as there were many interests behind those articles. I work in marketing and I know that media in my country can be paid to write from certain angles. I thought this was only true in my country, but looks like its the same in other places. 

And yes how come 4% rating on TvN was still considered successful, when previous TvN hit drama  (which I believe was indeed a true big hit), managed to reach double digit rating on average and even reached >20% at its peak. It doesn't make sense, lol.

We are now living in digital era, I think the most unbiased source of truth to track drama success would be from tracking Google data, social media analytics data and streaming platform data. 

Happy weekend to all Minoz here, hope our Oppa will update his social media or give us new news!

@JoannaID, data collection methods used by social media analytics are only surveys & interviews. Google Trends data & Stream analytics are for me unbiased samples. Google is one of the largest keepers of big data. :confused:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

Min Morning from my part of the world @nina_mitrokhina 5misnina. Welcome! Thank you for sharing your story with us and hope you are at a good place right now in your life. I agree with that this is such a wonderful thread with kind people and that LMH gathers beautiful people. There was a time last year when I slipped on ice and fell really bad, hurting my back and my immediate thoughts to distract myself from pain until my husband could get me to the hospital was to re-watch The Heirs. Kim Tan did help me LOL. LMH is the balm of happiness and I find myself wearing a smile whenever I watch his BTS or interviews. Glad you could join us. 

Aleumdaun, I sympathize with you with all my heart! I hope you are feeling better now? I wish you good health and strength. And let Lee Min Ho's best dramas bring you pleasure and relief.  He has many original and unique images, because Lee Min Ho tries to look for something new in every work. But my favorites were Kim Tan from "Heirs",  general  Daejang from "Faith" and King Lee Gon. Thank you for your concern - bright times have come in my life. Hope that new good events and news about Lee Min Ho will bring many happy moments to all of us!

https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/entertainment/1219074-lee-min-ho-achieves-another-feat-thanks-to-his-massive-fan-base

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

10 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

Искренне благодарю вас за добрые слова и взаимопонимание! Я очень рада, что нашла этот замечательный форум и таких добрых и отзывчивых людей. Ли Мин Хо собирает вокруг себя лучшее! Будем с удовольствием общаться и ждать его новых работ.

I sincerely thank you for your kind words and mutual understanding! I am very glad that I found this wonderful forum and such kind and helpful people. Lee Min Ho gathers the best around him! We will be happy to communicate and wait for his new works.”

i used google translate. :approves:Thank you for leaving post!  Yesssss we are all waiting for Oppa’s new work

where is my Oppa??:criesariver:

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 3

On 9/18/2020 at 7:58 AM, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

It's hard to convey in words how grateful and grateful I am to Lee Min Ho! A year ago, I was in severe depression after the death of a loved one. By chance I saw the drama "Heirs" on the Internet and I was fascinated by this story, struck by Lee Min Ho's dramatic performance, his bright talent and charisma. After this drama, I tried to find out as much as possible about this actor, reviewed all the dramas and films with Lee Mi Ho's participation. They gave me back my interest and joy in life. And what a long-awaited and beloved gift for the drama "The King: Eternal Monarch"! I never cease to admire Lee Min Ho - an unusually talented and bright personality, a wonderful actor, an amazingly kind and sensitive person.
I can't imagine now how my life would have turned out, without this happy occasion and I am grateful to God for it!
p.s. Please forgive my bad English - I translate with a machine translator.

Thank you for sharing.  Lee Min Ho's dramas have healed a lot of viewers and brought them out of their sadness and pain and find peace and comfort.  He found that out and that made him very happy that he is helping fans be happy again.  :smile:

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

On 9/20/2020 at 4:21 AM, CarolynH said:

I wonder if LMH will go to SSG today.  Maybe he'll post something in IG.  Fingers crossed.

cto

omg I hope so :rickroll:

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote gifs. Thanks !
  • Where's My Oppa? 3

19 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I didn't talk specific a drama I said generally  but drama that your thought  isn't also accepted big hit in Korea , so many media play doesn't mean big hit .

I think Big3 channels' reputation decrease while cable tv reputation rise, TVN rose in last 6-7 years and JTBC rose in last 3 years but KBS and most MBC drama rating drop so much , KBS's just one drama could surpass %10 in this year MBC's dramas can't surpass even 7% , these channels drama surpassed 30% rating 10 years ago and TVN's dramas got 0% rating 8-9 years ago and everyone became WOW when a drama surpass 3% rating .Currently TVN and viewers wait at least 5% rating for dramas. If a hallyu star act in they wait at least 10% rating.

Haha, yes, I mentioned that "specific TvN drama which got average single digit ratings" but was praised everywhere and nobody mentioned about its low ratings, because TKEM often got dragged by that specific drama fans.

I was late to the party, but I still could find old articles on how the medias dragged down TKEM & LMH, and that "specific drama fans" also dragged TKEM in social media. Things they did was illogical and using double standards. I don't engage with wars, just an observer, but I couldn't help but feeling sad because I love TKEM and LMH so much. :tears:

I am happy to read newer articles now mentioning TKEM successes and significance, based on Studio Dragon profits, streaming platform data, also from Google data. Even though its kinda late, TKEM and LMH finally got the recognitions they deserved! 

LMH also got > 8 million new Instagram followers after TKEM, this is huge achievement and it proved his success and TKEM success, naysayers and haters should just shut it up. 

:gangnamstyle:

18 hours ago, willenette said:

@JoannaID, data collection methods used by social media analytics are only surveys & interviews. Google Trends data & Stream analytics are for me unbiased samples. Google is one of the largest keepers of big data. :confused:

I work in marketing field for an internet startup company, current company and previous companies used paid social media analytics tools like Socialbaker, Hootsuite and Buzzsumo to measure the companies' product/brand performance against competitors in social media. I am not sure how these analytic tools collect their data, but this is the standard practice in the industry that I am in. 

Not sure if K-actors also use these kind of tools to measure their popularity in social media, LOL. The easiest way as an outsider to check on social media data is just by tracking the followers numbers and growth, also engagement rate for their posts. :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

2 hours ago, JoannaID said:

I work in marketing field for an internet startup company, current company and previous companies used paid social media analytics tools like Socialbaker, Hootsuite and Buzzsumo to measure the companies' product/brand performance against competitors in social media. I am not sure how these analytic tools collect their data, but this is the standard practice in the industry that I am in. 

Not sure if K-actors also use these kind of tools to measure their popularity in social media, LOL. The easiest way as an outsider to check on social media data is just by tracking the followers numbers and growth, also engagement rate for their posts. :) 

@JoannaID, so, I'm sure you're also familiar with Sprout Social & Hubspot. The cross-channel social media analytics makes sprout social an easy choice for #1 for me. Whether you want to dive deep into your performance on a single network, or quickly compare results across multiple networks at once, Sprout has you covered. They collect their data by tracking Facebook Page impressions, tally up Twitter link clicks, measure Instagram follower growth, evaluate LinkedIn engagement, asses content performance on Pinterest. Sprout comes complete with both templated and customizable reporting options, meaning you have multiple ways to not only gather essential social metrics, but truly understand what they mean and present them to others including only the metrics you care about most. From tags to trends and everything in between, Sprout can put powerful analytics at your fingertips. Buzzsumo?  Although not strictly a social tool, but, if you want to see how many shares your latest blog post received on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest, BuzzSumo at least can provide you with that data. Hahaha - it's not the actor himself who measures his popularity in SNS BUT, some management companies are doing this for their A-list talents. :neutral:

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, JoannaID said:

Haha, yes, I mentioned that "specific TvN drama which got average single digit ratings" but was praised everywhere and nobody mentioned about its low ratings, because TKEM often got dragged by that specific drama fans.

I was late to the party, but I still could find old articles on how the medias dragged down TKEM & LMH, and that "specific drama fans" also dragged TKEM in social media. Things they did was illogical and using double standards. I don't engage with wars, just an observer, but I couldn't help but feeling sad because I love TKEM and LMH so much. :tears:

I am happy to read newer articles now mentioning TKEM successes and significance, based on Studio Dragon profits, streaming platform data, also from Google data. Even though its kinda late, TKEM and LMH finally got the recognitions they deserved! 

LMH also got > 8 million new Instagram followers after TKEM, this is huge achievement and it proved his success and TKEM success, naysayers and haters should just shut it up. 

I am talking aboout Korea ,International and Korean viewers have different taste , If so many article and praise worked well , their rating should rise but even though so many media play and praise its rating couldn't rise just stay 5% (this is so low rating for Hallyu ) but K media worked so hard criticise to King + KES's long Knang Shin Jae story+ PD problem+ PPL all of them worked to drop King I mean Korea waits high rating from TVN currently,because this channel's reputation rose in late years, for example lately I watch Secret Forest because I liked S1 BUT S2 make disappointed in Korea and (+ me too)  actually rating is better than S1 but stayed 6-7% so many people critise rating and story because they waited better (+ cast aren't Hallyu) 

Film of the Week: Gangnam Blues (Korea, 2015) is a completely fascinating film

1211781_Gangnam-Blues.jpg

In the 1970s the land of Gangnam in Korea was nothing more than bare stretches of impoverished farmland, a stark contrast to the busy high-society city that it is today less than 50 years later. Gangnam Blues, or Gangnam 1970, is set amongst this era of political corruption and gang wars as we follow our protagonists through the struggles of life and the beginnings of real estate developments that are covered in blood.

Our protagonists are two sworn brothers who grew up together in an orphanage- Jong-dae (Lee Minho) and Yong-gi (Kim Raewon). We are introduced to the two brothers who scrape by a living by collecting trash and live in a nearby shantytown, cold and dirty. Through the forces of progression their house is torn down and they soon have little choice but to accept an offer for a quick job with the local gang. The job is to cause chaos at a political demonstration, but during this mayhem the two are separated and each return on a different bus with a different gang. Three years later the two brothers are deep within the worlds of their respective gangs, embroiled in political corruption and plots for real estate development.

all ---> https://www.helloasia.com.au/reviews/film-of-the-week-gangnam-blues-korea-2015-is-a-completely-fascinating-film/

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Hallyu Star Lee Min Ho has confirmed to star in the new original Netflix drama penned by... and directed by....this drama is.... the story is about a.... 

so far, the news articles have been about other celebs... 

*Sigh* :sad1: when???? :Please:

• LOL 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 3

3 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Hallyu Star Lee Min Ho has confirmed to star in the new original Netflix drama penned by... and directed by....this drama is.... the story is about a.... 

so far, the news articles have been about other celebs... 

*Sigh* :sad1: when???? :Please:

@Nikaa94 You got me there for a sec LOL. My heart was racing when I read "confirmed".. :wut:

• LOL 6

19 minutes ago, Aleumdaun said:

@Nikaa94 You got me there for a sec LOL. My heart was racing when I read "confirmed".. :wut:

that is why I wrote “when??” At the end of my post

but I understand you, I would feel the same :approves:

LMH should come out more so we can see him. I wish he were spotted by Minoz. He should do some interview, vLIVE, IG updates, ...

we don’t have anything to look forward to except IG updates which are not enough.

• Where's My Oppa? 5

12 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I am talking aboout Korea ,International and Korean viewers have different taste , If so many article and praise worked well , their rating should rise but even though so many media play and praise its rating couldn't rise just stay 5% (this is so low rating for Hallyu ) but K media worked so hard criticise to King + KES's long Knang Shin Jae story+ PD problem+ PPL all of them worked to drop King I mean Korea waits high rating from TVN currently,because this channel's reputation rose in late years, for example lately I watch Secret Forest because I liked S1 BUT S2 make disappointed in Korea and (+ me too)  actually rating is better than S1 but stayed 6-7% so many people critise rating and story because they waited better (+ cast aren't Hallyu) 

Thanks @leeminhosny - this is insightful, so even doing media play won't take up the TV ratings in Korea. Yes, I read tvN already had many hit dramas with Hallyu stars such as CLOY which was able to reach >20% and Goblin as well. So objectively, we can say that now the standard for tvN drama with Hallyu star is double digit ratings, bellow that number is low.

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

LMH should come out more so we can see him. I wish he were spotted by Minoz. He should do some interview, vLIVE, IG updates, ...

we don’t have anything to look forward to except IG updates which are not enough.

I thought long time Minoz would already accustomed with this drought (no news, no activity, whatsoever), but can't help still feeling anxious right. Haha.

While we are still waiting, there's this new poll that we can participate, vote for LMH here:
"Handsome Korean Actor Voting Contest 2020"

https://www.polltab.com/CG6OT9gchJ/

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 3