Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

This idea got lost after LMH posted his IG.  Anyone have any thoughts about content for the letter?  

Finally finished my rewatch of Heirs and the quiz for that drama is ready.   City Hunter is my next rewatch, but I'm struggling to find it.  

Depending on what our nut is doing, LOTBS quiz Round 5 or is it 4 next week.  

Please start looking for photos for the hairstyle poll.  We only have Faith so far.  

I tried some of the jjonga kimchi for dinner tonight.  Wow, it definitely packs a punch to put it mildly.  

Thanks @CarolynH for arranging all the activities! 

I love Jongga Kimchi, especially the cut cabbage one, I'm addicted to it, thankfully it's available in K-supermarket near where I live, lol. 

Read an article awhile back that daily Kimchi (or fermented vegetables) consumption may have potential to lower covid-19 fatality rate in South Korea and Germany. So I'm starting to eat it everyday, thanks to the PPL in TKEM. PPL is not always bad eh. Haha.

Jeon Jin Ho (Personal Taste)

pt08-00202.jpg

pt02-00023.jpg

pt12-00208.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just now, JoannaID said:

Thanks @CarolynH for arranging all the activities! 

I love Jongga Kimchi, especially the cut cabbage one, I'm addicted to it, thankfully it's available in K-supermarket near where I live, lol. 

Read an article awhile back that daily Kimchi (or fermented vegetables) consumption may have potential to lower covid-19 fatality rate in South Korea and Germany. So I'm starting to eat it everyday, thanks to the PPL in TKEM. PPL is not always bad eh. Haha.

Jeon Jin Ho (Personal Taste)

@JoannaID,  although, I don't really dig kimchi but, generally, it is safe for everyone to eat unless you have a specific allergy to the individual ingredients.  I also read this that it may also cause a few side effects such as gas and bloating for those who are not used to fermented foods or high fibre foods in the diet.  Do you still heat it when eating this? Since this is a side dish, you have to heat this up in small portions.  Costco are selling kimchi.......  :blush:

• Love 1

48 minutes ago, willenette said:

@JoannaID,  although, I don't really dig kimchi but, generally, it is safe for everyone to eat unless you have a specific allergy to the individual ingredients.  I also read this that it may also cause a few side effects such as gas and bloating for those who are not used to fermented foods or high fibre foods in the diet.  Do you still heat it when eating this? Since this is a side dish, you have to heat this up in small portions.  Costco are selling kimchi.......  :blush:

Thanks for adding the details @willenette :) 

Sometimes I heat it, sometimes I don't, depends on my mood of the day. Haha.

I am Asian living in South East Asia, I am accustomed to all kinds of food that might be 'dangerous' to the Western world. Super spicy foods, foods with high acidity, foods with all kinds of herbs and spices available in the Asian world. So Kimchi is considered 'safer' than few other foods on my usual diet. Hahaha. 

Lee Min Ho Updates Instagram With Bad Luck Pics, Forced to Return Empty Handed 

Lee Min Ho's latest Instagram photos reveal how "The King Eternal Monarch" star is enjoying his daily life while fans are waiting for his next project.

Lee Min Ho of The King Eternal Monarch (TKEM) fame has taken to Instagram to update about what's happening in his life. While fans are waiting for the actor to give any clue about his new project, it looks like Min Ho has decided to take a break. Here is how he documented his recent efforts that resulted in the actor returning home empty handed.

In the latest photos, Lee Min Ho was seen excited about touring and enjoying food at the SSF Food Market a grocery store in Seoul's Cheongdam neighborhood with a wide variety of fresh food as well as ready food to enjoy it on the spot.

lee-min-ho.jpg?w=717

What Disappointed Lee Min Ho?

Lee Min Ho is known to be a meat-fish lover and enjoys food a lot. The mask-wearing actor documented his trip to the SSG Market, and is seen sanitizing his hands before entering. Then he uses the escalator to reach the restaurant only to find that the stalls closed. Then he finds a notice board stating that the market will be closed on September 13 and September 27. The caption of his photos states "OMG!" after he runs out of luck in finding good food.

The disappointed actor is seen returning without getting a chance to eat anything at the market. The market is a popular place visited by the people from all walks of life. The 4,000 sqft single-floor basement-located store has a restaurant that can entertain 200 customers at a time. The structure was designed by Sydney-based Landini Associates and has been the favourite of food lovers.

Are Script Reading Photos False Alarms By Actor?

Meanwhile, in one of his updates on Instagram on September 5, the actor was seen reading a scriptalong with a photo of him in a recording studio. On the work front, there is no update from either Lee Min Ho or his agency MYM Entertainment. It looks like the TKEM star is on a break and is seen exploring various parts of Korea during this time.

TKEM was his first drama after returning from the military service. His previous hit dramas include Legend of the Blue Sea, The Heirs, City Hunter, Personal Taste, Boys Over Flowers and others. The actor's popularity rose after he played the role of Emperor Lee Gon opposite Kim Go Eun who played a detective in the drama TKEM.

Lee Min Ho is currently the South Korean celebrity (Kdramas) with the highest number of followers on Instagram. While the actor is busy posting photographs from his daily life, fans are still awaiting for him to announce his next project.

Source: https://www.ibtimes.sg/lee-min-ho-updates-instagram-bad-luck-pics-forced-return-empty-handed-photos-51490

• Like 6

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

Thanks @Aleumdaun. His goofiness is adorable. He truly is our happy pill :D

Spoiler
  4 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

Raise your hands who have been watching @syntyche’s spotlight video and grinning from ear to ear by the end of it. 

:doggie:  Raising my hands on @syntyche 's video and dancing to see his goofiness.

giphy.gif

cr as tagged

@JoannaID  You are into Jongga brand too?  I have tried a few - this one so far the best we have in our mart here.  A few of my friends have succeeded making kimchi, following Maangchi's recipe.  I tried - first attempt was a failure.  Hope to do it again.  But buying them seems to be easier for me.  

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

@JoannaID  You are into Jongga brand too?  I have tried a few - this one so far the best we have in our mart here.  A few of my friends have succeeded making kimchi, following Maangchi's recipe.  I tried - first attempt was a failure.  Hope to do it again.  But buying them seems to be easier for me.  

@Min2206 I only have started to buy "branded kimchi" after TKEM. Went to the K-mart, found Jongga and other brands, so far I like Jongga the most, it's part of my daily diet now. :D

Before TKEM, I only eat kimchi when I go to dine in at Korean restaurants, Samgyeopsal (Korean pork belly) and kimchi were already my favourites Korean dishes before I started to watch K-dramas. lol. Ah I won't attempt on making my own kimchi, I'm so bad at cooking. Will just keep repurchasing  Jongga. Haha.

I really want to try that Olive BBQ chicken that LMH is endorsing, too bad it's not available in my country, the only Korean chicken brand available here is KyoChon, and I think it's different with the one in TKEM. Haha.

EWxbXg4XsAElljf.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

39 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

@Min2206 I only have started to buy "branded kimchi" after TKEM. Went to the K-mart, found Jongga and other brands, so far I like Jongga the most, it's part of my daily diet now. :D

Before TKEM, I only eat kimchi when I go to dine in at Korean restaurants, Samgyeopsal (Korean pork belly) and kimchi were already my favourites Korean dishes before I started to watch K-dramas. lol. Ah I won't attempt on making my own kimchi, I'm so bad at cooking. Will just keep repurchasing  Jongga. Haha.

I really want to try that Olive BBQ chicken that LMH is endorsing, too bad it's not available in my country, the only Korean chicken brand available here is KyoChon, and I think it's different with the one in TKEM. Haha.

@JoannaID, hahaha - product endorsements are a big thing in Korea dramas.  For me, Olive BBQ Chicken is different from other BBQ chicken I've tasted in Korea since all of their BBQ’s dishes are prepared with 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The use of the olive oil created this unique fresh flavour, and clean after taste. The skin was crisp, enough after all long while, and didn’t have that greasy after-taste. The only complain I had with them when I dined-in there was the accompanying onion rings weren’t that impressive.  :blush:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, willenette said:

@JoannaID, hahaha - product endorsements are a big thing in Korea dramas.  For me, Olive BBQ Chicken is different from other BBQ chicken I've tasted in Korea since all of their BBQ’s dishes are prepared with 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil. The use of the olive oil created this unique fresh flavour, and clean after taste. The skin was crisp, enough after all long while, and didn’t have that greasy after-taste. The only complain I had with them when I dined-in there was the accompanying onion rings weren’t that impressive.  :blush:

Kimchi making do take lots of time.  My family cooks kimchi fried rice with bacon almost every week, so mom bought 1 big tub recently.  Also bought some roasted seaweed sheets, imported from SK.    I have tried KyoChon but was told to go for BBQ.  Not sure my place here has that Olive BBQ Chicken - thanks for the recommendation @JoannaID @willenette

• Like 2

@Min2206 After getting into K-dramas and LMH fandoms, kimchi and roasted seaweed surely have become my regular diet too. :D

Koreans are really smart and skillful in exporting their food and culture globally, kudos to them!

@willenette Thanks for the info about Olive BBQ chicken, very interesting. I was not into Korean thingy before the pandemic, so only visited the country once back in 2014. At that time, there was no hype about BBQ chicken yet, so I didn't try it while I was there.

Back then, the Korean BBQ (Galbi/Syamgeopsal) was the most famous food for travellers, other popular Korean dishes were Bibimbap, Jajjangmyeon (black noodle), Teokbokki (spicy rice cake) etc, I tried them all. :) 

Now after being into this fandom, I will definitely go to Korea again. I'll blame LMH for this obsession, haha.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

CheongKwanJang FB update

CheongKwanJang x Lee Min Ho 2020 Mid Autumn Festival

2 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Raising my hands on @syntyche 's video and dancing to see his goofiness.

Thanks @Min2206! Interestingly, I was choosing between that gif you posted with him eating the squid, I think, and the one I posted previously, to highlight his goofiness :lol:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

Just now, Min2206 said:

Kimchi making do take lots of time.  My family cooks kimchi fried rice with bacon almost every week, so mom bought 1 big tub recently.  Also bought some roasted seaweed sheets, imported from SK.    I have tried KyoChon but was told to go for BBQ.  Not sure my place here has that Olive BBQ Chicken - thanks for the recommendation @JoannaID @willenette

@Min2206, it takes lots of time indeed! It ferments in 3–4 days at room temperature or 2–3 weeks in the fridge.  Roasted Seaweed is a healthy snack. Research suggested that seaweed could be a key ingredient to losing weight as a compound found in it stops the body from absorbing fat.  I also love Kyochon fried chicken. Korean fried chicken is lighter than other styles of fried chicken. The skin is barely battered and crispier, and meat very moist. Essentially, I was told by my K-friend that their chicken is fried twice, once to drain the fat first. Potato starch is what's normally used for coating the chicken in Korean fried chicken. It's either purely just potato starch or mostly potato starch mixed with a bit of wheat flour. ... Right you are, I will also go for BBQ than fried chicken.  So many locations of BBQ Chicken around the world but I think Olive BBQ Chicken is just around Korea........... :blush:

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

Thanks @Min2206! Interestingly, I was choosing between that gif you posted with him eating the squid, I think, and the one I posted previously, to highlight his goofiness :lol:

Ohhh jinjja?!    hahahahha!  I have been keeping this gif for some time - once awhile I look at him and smile to myself seeing him so adorably cute!   silly me, right @syntyche   I like yours too!

1 hour ago, willenette said:

@Min2206, it takes lots of time indeed! It ferments in 3–4 days at room temperature or 2–3 weeks in the fridge.  Roasted Seaweed is a healthy snack. Research suggested that seaweed could be a key ingredient to losing weight as a compound found in it stops the body from absorbing fat.  I also love Kyochon fried chicken. Korean fried chicken is lighter than other styles of fried chicken. The skin is barely battered and crispier, and meat very moist. Essentially, I was told by my K-friend that their chicken is fried twice, once to drain the fat first. Potato starch is what's normally used for coating the chicken in Korean fried chicken. It's either purely just potato starch or mostly potato starch mixed with a bit of wheat flour. ... Right you are, I will also go for BBQ than fried chicken.  So many locations of BBQ Chicken around the world but I think Olive BBQ Chicken is just around Korea........... :blush:

Whoaaa @willenette  You are indeed a walking dictionary!   Alright on seaweed - i wanna lose fat , weight! yes!   But those korean grocery are not cheap at my place .. sigh ....  They fried the chicken twice?  Interesting!  If I do that, either i burnt my frying or too hard.    

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

On 9/13/2020 at 9:54 PM, syntyche said:

7 Years Later, These 9 Artists Are More Popular After Starring in the KDrama, 'The Heirs'

The Heirs is one of the KDrama booms in 2013. The story is about the love story of 18 year olds who experience twists and turns, because of the different social classes in their environment. 

Seven years have passed, the artists who are the players now have their own career paths. There are 9 artists who are increasingly popular after starring in the school-themed KDrama. 

1. Lee Min Ho

Who is foreign to the name Lee Min Ho? In The Heirs, Lee Min Ho is known to play the character of Kim Tan, the central figure who is described as the heir of a conglomerate family, who is still a teenager.

Popular since Boys Over Flowers, Lee Min Ho is increasingly hailed after starring in The Heirs. A few months ago, Lee Min Ho made his comeback through the drama The King: Eternal Monarch with Kim Go Eun. The acting that has been awaited for years has earned Lee Min Ho immense attention from international audiences.

https://www.idntimes.com/hype/entertainment/jeon-jk/7-tahun-sudah-9-artis-ini-makin-populer-setelah-main-drakor-the-heirs-c1c2/9

@Min2206, the membership for this year is already closed, unfortunately. You should definitely join next year!

It is true, all the Heirs stars are successful. Some more than others though.  Heirs is a good drama for all of them.

On 9/14/2020 at 6:49 AM, JoannaID said:

Thank you @willenette - your comments are always insightful! You are a gem to this fandom! :thumbsup:

According to your insight here, the decision to release Blu-ray DVD are based on these factors:

-- Who are the producers => according to Wikipedia, TKEM, IOTNBO and CLOY were all co-produced and created by Studio Dragon.

-- Korea market is not huge for DVD, so producers would want to sell to overseas markets => based on many news, all 3 dramas were international hits with huge fanbase outside of Korea.

-- Will there be enough buyers from international fandoms => even months after TKEM and CLOY finished, I still saw these 2 dramas fandoms were begging for DVD release in all over social media lol.

-- Huge stars and huge international fandoms => People who watch K-drama would know Lee Min Ho and Hyun Bin.

So to me it's still puzzling why there's no Blu-ray for TKEM (because I wanted to buy it) since all the push factors were there and coincidentally, it was the same case with CLOY. Haha.

Yup no blue ray for TKEM. Why?   All his dramas had it except Faith, I think???

18 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

Raise your hands who have been watching @syntyche’s spotlight video and grinning from ear to ear by the end of it. 

Kq0N.gif

Cr to the owner of the gif.

LMH is a handsome guy but not a pretty girl :joy:  Someone posted another photo of him dressed as a girl and he did not look good.

17 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Thank you @Nikaa94!  Actually, I think GJP's hairstyle would be the ONLY one not necessary since everyone knows that one!

Anyone interested in a CH watch party?  I have to watch it for the quiz, so I might as well have company.   I saw you can have a watch party on YouTube or zoom.  

But if one can't find CH, how do we have a CH watch party to watch together.??? I am interested.

15 hours ago, willenette said:

Have looked a couple of times for kimchee in Costco but did not find it. Found Jongga in HMart.

10 hours ago, Min2206 said:

Ohhh jinjja?!    hahahahha!  I have been keeping this gif for some time - once awhile I look at him and smile to myself seeing him so adorably cute!   silly me, right @syntyche   I like yours too!

Whoaaa @willenette  You are indeed a walking dictionary!   Alright on seaweed - i wanna lose fat , weight! yes!   But those korean grocery are not cheap at my place .. sigh ....  They fried the chicken twice?  Interesting!  If I do that, either i burnt my frying or too hard.    

@willenette you are a walking encyclopedia.  Who needs Google when we have you?

• LOL 5

6 hours ago, CallieP said:

But if one can't find CH, how do we have a CH watch party to watch together.??? I am interested.

I'm sure I can find it, it's how to watch it using YouTube or zoom is the question.  

@JoannaID:  Thanks for the Jin Ho hairstyle photos!  

Dumb question:  You're supposed to heat kim chee?  I always ate it cold.  The one I bought says stir fried kim chee.  What's the difference?  

• Like 3

Dumb question:  You're supposed to heat kim chee?  I always ate it cold.  The one I bought says stir fried kim chee.  What's the difference?  

@CarolynH We take it cold with hot steamed rice  or noodles, or use portions for stir fry, make stew or rolls - very versatile

3fdc5-bofkimchilmh.png?w=940

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, CallieP said:

Yup no blue ray for TKEM. Why?   All his dramas had it except Faith, I think???

Yes no Blu-ray and based on our conversation and analysis on this thread, we couldn't come up with possible strong logical reason for not releasing it, because all the push factors were there. So it's still puzzling on why they decided not to release TKEM Blu-ray and this question will always haunt the fandom before we get the answer. :joy:

I'm sure I can find it, it's how to watch it using YouTube or zoom is the question.  

I also like cold Kimchi, because I can eat it crunchy and fresh. But some people prefer to heat it in small portions, it's ok to heat Kimchi, depends on taste. Korean restaurants in my country always serve cold Kimchi actually, they never heat it.

I think packaged stir fried kimchi is like "ready to eat kimchi", like you can directly eat it as side dish without doing anything, because it has all the spices and cooked already.

Few other kimchi types are better for cooking, I think, to make Kimchi fried rice or Kimchi Jiggae (Korean soup style with Kimchi as one of the ingredients).

• Like 3