Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Argh, computer issue again, but at least I made it

Last call for LOTBS quiz Round 3.  Winner announced tomorrow!

I just sent Lmangla the post for our thread spotlight Sept 15.  Something to look forward to next week in case there is no news...again:criesariver:

46 minutes ago, Thong Thin said:

LMH bring us ( fanatic) together  here where we laugh, cry, go crazy,de-stress, you name it. 

I am so happy that I found this thread 10 years ago , get to know so many virtual friends from near and far and until today I am still here because of ONE good soul, ie, LEE MIN HO

Exactly @Thong Thin!  For the newer members, before LMH's MS a group of us got together and wrote individual letters to LMH and sent sand art.  Let me tell you it was a feat doing this, transferring money to different countries, looking for MYM's address.  I can only hope that he received it and read our letters.  I digress.  I wrote that thanks to LMH, I actually, made friends.  I think that would make him happy to know that he brought people together. I thought we also collected money to support a wildlife foundation and supported an animal or something like that.  Does anyone remember?  Or we had extra money so we sent a donation in his name?  

• Like 4
  • Awesome 3

23 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

According to Yoo Jeong Hoon (cameo by JJH), what did he tell SC is the easiest path to love?

2.  Where did SC want to meet HJJ during the first snowfall?

3.  What do pink pearls represent?

4.  HJJ imposed a curfew, what time was the curfew?

5.  What was Yoo Jeong Hoon's civil service job?

@CarolynH

Man's Jealousy

Namsen tower

tears of happiness

8 pm

water patrol

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

Carolyn, never agreed more.

LMH bring us ( fanatic) together  here where we laugh, cry, go crazy,de-stress, you name it. 

I am so happy that I found this thread 10 years ago , get to know so many virtual friends from near and far and until today I am still here because of ONE good soul, ie, LEE MIN HO

OPPA !  we are still waiting for your next

@Thong Thin that’s awesome - 10 years is a long time, congratulations on being his steadfast fan. I hope we all can be together for next 10,20 years spazzing about LMH. 

If I remember correctly, LMH took about 8 months to announce Personal Taste after BOF right? How did you feel about him taking on PT? IMO, doing PT was a master stroke of LMH.. GJP was such a magnificent role that to effectively shed that and move away would have been difficult right? I think PT role was polar opposite of GJP and he nailed it.

He must have been inundated with school, flower boy roles after BOF. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

FILM OF THE WEEK: GANGNAM BLUES (KOREA, 2015) IS A COMPLETELY FASCINATING FILM

1211781_Gangnam-Blues.jpg

Kat Czornij | September 10, 2020 | Film Reviews, Reviews

In the 1970s the land of Gangnam in Korea was nothing more than bare stretches of impoverished farmland, a stark contrast to the busy high-society city that it is today less than 50 years later. Gangnam Blues, or Gangnam 1970, is set amongst this era of political corruption and gang wars as we follow our protagonists through the struggles of life and the beginnings of real estate developments that are covered in blood.

Our protagonists are two sworn brothers who grew up together in an orphanage- Jong-dae (Lee Minho) and Yong-gi (Kim Raewon). We are introduced to the two brothers who scrape by a living by collecting trash and live in a nearby shantytown, cold and dirty. Through the forces of progression their house is torn down and they soon have little choice but to accept an offer for a quick job with the local gang. The job is to cause chaos at a political demonstration, but during this mayhem the two are separated and each return on a different bus with a different gang. Three years later the two brothers are deep within the worlds of their respective gangs, embroiled in political corruption and plots for real estate development.

Spoiler

Article%20Lead%20-%20wide6665256813oleli

The film has all the elements that you’d come to expect from a “gangster film”- with plenty of dark dealings, beatings, suits, sex and drugs, but there is something so beautiful in the cinematography of this film that it balances it all out and becomes more. The landscapes and scenes are full of beautiful detail, and you find yourself very much drawn into this world.

This is also supported by how attached you become to the characters, and not just the relationship between the two brothers (although this is certainly one of the most principal parts of the film), but with those around the brothers as well. Jong-dae is seemingly the luckier of the two, having the opportunity to be a part of more of a “gang-family”, and these relationships (despite their brutal life) are actually quite heartwarming. Yong-gi wasn’t so lucky, but his gang (and its political associates) at least provides you with plenty of characters to hate.

This is a truly standout role for Lee Minho, one that does not have any traces of the usual high-school angst or ridiculous sweaters, but instead multi-layered characterisation. In his portrayal there is a young man who has been hardened by life and yet is able to still maintain an innocent hope burning inside of him.

Gangnam_Blues-001.jpeg

Spoiler

The last film I saw Kim Raewon in was My Little Bride, so this was quite a different character, but again the role seemed to suit him perfectly. His character was perhaps more complex than Jong-dae, and till the end you were never quite sure exactly what Yong-gi was thinking, and Kim portrayed this fantastically.

Gangnam-Blues-2.jpg

At its essence this is really a film about the weakest human qualities set amongst blood and violence, but with characters with whom you sympathise and grow to hope for despite their weaknesses.

Spoiler

10904587_825913114147337_501655888291885

It all makes for a completely fascinating film and I was capture from the very beginning to the confronting conclusion. Everything works so beautifully together- the music, the landscape, the dialogue, the acting and the setting, to create such an immersive representation of fascinating period of history. I think when I next stroll down the streets of Gangnam I’ll have a far deeper appreciation of the land and it’s worth.

https://www.helloasia.com.au/reviews/film-of-the-week-gangnam-blues-korea-2015-is-a-completely-fascinating-film/

School Themed Dramas to watch for Back to School Season

Going back to school doesn’t mean you have to stop getting your daily dose of K-dramas! If you feel disappointed that campus life isn’t as fun and romantic as it is on screen, here are five K-dramas in a school-setting that are sure to cheer you up!

The Heirs

Nobody can talk about school life dramas without mentioning the ultimate cult-favorite, “The Heirs.” Fans who recently watched “Legend of the Blue Sea” and “The King: Eternal Monarch” and fell in love with Lee Minho’s acting may know that Lee Minho rose to greater popularity from his acting in “The Heirs.”

The story is set in a high school only attended by inheritors of the extremely rich and provides a glimpse into the difficulties that even the most privileged face as they prepare to take over their families’ massive business empires, whilst trying not to lose themselves in the cruel world of the rich. Kim Tan, played by Lee Minho, falls in love with Eun-sang, played by Park Shin-hye, a down-to-earth and hard-working girl during his exile to the U.S by his older brother who wishes to take control of the family business.

1599451266-the-heirs-korean-drama-p1.jpg

We may not all be as wealthy as Kim Tan, but we can get a glimpse of high society through this classic school-life romance drama!

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/09/school-themed-dramas-to-watch-for-back-to-school-season

• Like 9
  • Awesome 2

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

EVENT: THREAD SPOTLIGHT!

THREAD: Lee Min Ho

CATEGORY: actors & actresses

thanks to the Lee Min Ho thread for putting this spotlight together! hoping to discover more new threads around soompi! 

Wow!  Impressive video @syntyche !  A lot of effort and time in it!
Thanks @Lmangla and @partyon for compiling this spotlight altogether!   
Well done, everyone!  Love to hear more fan feels :)

giphy.gif

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

hey ya chingus, with this spotlight, get ready to discover the actor that has a huge fan base ~ Lee Min Ho. for many kdrama fans, boys over flowers was their first drama they watched and their entry to the beautiful dramaland! so come and get to know a bit more about him from a fan's perspective! please hit like and post comments to encourage the group who put this together!

---------------------------------------

Spotlight video:  check out the video made by @syntyche that puts the spotlight on his career, his friends, his charity, his interactions with fans as well as glimpses of his happy goofball smile! all in less than 3 minutes! :D

Who is Lee Min Ho?

Lee Min Ho began acting and modeling as a teenager, and, interrupted only by a serious auto accident that kept him hospitalized for months, went from bit parts to leading roles in just a few years. He first shot to international stardom as the leader of a small group of handsome, rich and intimidating high school friends, dubbed the “F4”, in the classic series, Boys Over Flowers. Since then he’s taken on diverse roles such as a vigilante seeking revenge, a struggling young architect, a 14th century warrior, an illegitimate, troubled heir, a ragpicker turned gangster, a conman, and most recently a present-day king in a parallel world. He is Immensely popular with fans around the world, with more than 65 million social media followers from Asia to Africa.

What makes him special?

While many fans may be initially attracted to his good looks and tall, elegant bearing, they soon learn there is much more to him. He has won an acting award for every series in which he’s starred, as well as a prestigious Grand Bell award as Best New Actor for the film, Gangnam 1970. Followers and coworkers also love his down-to-earth personality with a notable absence of arrogance. One producer-director said that he was one of the most hardworking, humble and selfless actors he has ever worked with, despite being one of the biggest South Korean stars. His foundation, Promiz, has supported projects all over the world, and he personally contributed 350 million won to fight the COVID pandemic, more than any other Korean celebrity.

Although his presence shines brightly whenever he's in the public eye, he leads a quiet private life, spending time with family and friends, including fellow actors Jung Il-woo, a long-time friend from high school; Kim Bum, one of the "F4" members in Boys over Flowers; and the latest addition to what fans are calling a new "F4", Woo Do-hwan, who costarred with him in The King. 

Capturing hearts....

We asked Soompi fans to say what drew them to Lee Min Ho, and here’s a small sample of what they said:

“Genuine and considerate… Exceptional acting skills, making each role memorable… Shows care and concern for his fans…Witty and thoughtful… Easily laughs at himself, sometimes adorably dorky and goofy… Shy and embarrassed when he receives a compliment… Incredibly expressive eyes that speak a thousand words… Sweet smile on gorgeous, kissable lips… Oozing with charisma… His intense gaze and the way his eyes twinkle when he speaks or laughs is enough to melt any heart.”

One fan said it best about his different roles: “Gu Jun Pyo's ridiculous charm pulled me in (Boys Over Flowers), Yoon Sung's panache fluttered my heart (City Hunter), Choi Young's sincerity, bravery, courage, loyalty and code of honor floored me (Faith), Kim Tan's eyes intrigued me (Heirs), Jong Dae's misplaced ideals and love just killed me (Gangnam 1970), Joon Jae's antics made me ridiculously happy (Legend of the Blue Sea), and Lee Gon's majesty made me want to travel to his kingdom to see him in full glory (The King: Eternal Monarch).”

thanks to the Lee Min Ho thread for putting this spotlight together! hoping to discover more new threads around soompi! 

WOW!! SUPER LOVE THIS THREAD SPOTLIGHT!!

Thanks @syntyche for the awesome video!

Thanks @Lmangla and @partyon for featuring!

:heart::heart:

giphy.gif

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

Spotlight video:  check out the video made by @syntyche that puts the spotlight on his career, his friends, his charity, his interactions with fans as well as glimpses of his happy goofball smile! all in less than 3 minutes! :D

Credits to owners of photos and clips

music: "Love Motion" by Lee Min Ho

Who is Lee Min Ho?

Lee Min Ho began acting and modeling as a teenager, and, interrupted only by a serious auto accident that kept him hospitalized for months, went from bit parts to leading roles in just a few years. He first shot to international stardom as the leader of a small group of handsome, rich and intimidating high school friends, dubbed the “F4”, in the classic series, Boys Over Flowers. Since then he’s taken on diverse roles such as a vigilante seeking revenge, a struggling young architect, a 14th century warrior, an illegitimate, troubled heir, a ragpicker turned gangster, a conman, and most recently a present-day king in a parallel world. He is Immensely popular with fans around the world, with more than 65 million social media followers from Asia to Africa.

What makes him special?

While many fans may be initially attracted to his good looks and tall, elegant bearing, they soon learn there is much more to him. He has won an acting award for every series in which he’s starred, as well as a prestigious Grand Bell award as Best New Actor for the film, Gangnam 1970. Followers and coworkers also love his down-to-earth personality with a notable absence of arrogance. One producer-director said that he was one of the most hardworking, humble and selfless actors he has ever worked with, despite being one of the biggest South Korean stars. His foundation, Promiz, has supported projects all over the world, and he personally contributed 350 million won to fight the COVID pandemic, more than any other Korean celebrity.

Although his presence shines brightly whenever he's in the public eye, he leads a quiet private life, spending time with family and friends, including fellow actors Jung Il-woo, a long-time friend from high school; Kim Bum, one of the "F4" members in Boys over Flowers; and the latest addition to what fans are calling a new "F4", Woo Do-hwan, who costarred with him in The King. 

Capturing hearts....

We asked Soompi fans to say what drew them to Lee Min Ho, and here’s a small sample of what they said:

“Genuine and considerate… Exceptional acting skills, making each role memorable… Shows care and concern for his fans…Witty and thoughtful… Easily laughs at himself, sometimes adorably dorky and goofy… Shy and embarrassed when he receives a compliment… Incredibly expressive eyes that speak a thousand words… Sweet smile on gorgeous, kissable lips… Oozing with charisma… His intense gaze and the way his eyes twinkle when he speaks or laughs is enough to melt any heart.”

One fan said it best about his different roles: “Gu Jun Pyo's ridiculous charm pulled me in (Boys Over Flowers), Yoon Sung's panache fluttered my heart (City Hunter), Choi Young's sincerity, bravery, courage, loyalty and code of honor floored me (Faith), Kim Tan's eyes intrigued me (Heirs), Jong Dae's misplaced ideals and love just killed me (Gangnam 1970), Joon Jae's antics made me ridiculously happy (Legend of the Blue Sea), and Lee Gon's majesty made me want to travel to his kingdom to see him in full glory (The King: Eternal Monarch).”

Spotlight contributors: :heart:  @msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Aleumdaun @Min2206 @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @Thong Thin @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH 

Brilliant job!!!  Thank you @syntyche @msdot and @CallieP!!!

It's not easy condensing the wonder of LMH into a brief spotlight.

This is a great introduction for new fans and a wonderful memory for long-time fans.

I love the choices you made with the video @syntyche!  I'll be watching it over and over.  :D

tumblr_pwczgerOaG1w2zf0ho1_540.png

:heart4:

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

6 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

I am so sorry if my last post offended anyone.

Lindyyyy! welcome to LMH's thread! Lets have a lot of fun here :happyshakes:Thanks for acknowledging that your post was not appropriate. We all make mistakes, it's okay! :approves:

Where is Oppa?:sad1: No news from him! miss him so much!

• Like 8

Wait is this a HOLIDAY?? 

Crack open the chicken and eat the beer

Wait no that’s not right

I’ll pause my Goblin rewatch to rewatch LOTBS for the 93737th time!  I miss Heo Joon Jae.  And vacations.  And the ocean.  And Heo Joon Jae on vacation at the ocean.  

• Like 12

15 hours ago, Lmangla said:

hey ya chingus, with this spotlight, get ready to discover the actor that has a huge fan base ~ Lee Min Ho. for many kdrama fans, boys over flowers was their first drama they watched and their entry to the beautiful dramaland! so come and get to know a bit more about him from a fan's perspective! please hit like and post comments to encourage the group who put this together!

---------------------------------------

Credits to owners of photos and clips

music: "Love Motion" by Lee Min Ho

Who is Lee Min Ho?

What makes him special?

Capturing hearts....

Spotlight contributors: :heart:  @msdot @CallieP @syntyche @Aleumdaun @Min2206 @Nikaa94 @JoannaID @Hohoho @1ouise @Thong Thin @scrawford @madmad min @CarolynH 

---------------------------------------------

thank you @msdot @CallieP @syntyche and all the contributors such great summary of LMH. and love the MV @syntyche ! 

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2