Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

10 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

@scrawford

People who say lmh can't act are just blind.

For people good acting is playing a poor man role in small budget dramas. 

All his roles are author backed roles. He gets best productions.  Why should he refuse them? Should he refuse them and accept low budget dramas lol?

Bof and heirs were school dramas. Both were different characters and had no similarity. 

City hunter was such a good action drama and despite his injuries he slayed.  For me his best drama role. 

He slayed his role in faith. Personal taste was different. 

Lotbs he stole the show from everyone.

Faith despite good acting didn't work much on ratings compared to other work of his. Isn't this a business? Doing so called edgy roles, don't bring ratings for him

Gangnam blues was a very different genre and he slayed in it. It is just cool for edgy people to call him bad actor. 

When he got diverse portfolio.

He is not just a handsome face. He can act. Thats for sure. 

I am a very picky person when it comes to movies or actor. I only have a very very short list about faves. LMH is one of them. Gangnam is also among the list. 

For me, LMH has a unique kind of acting. He plays with his eyes a lot. Sometimes its very subtle but could convey much. And its not easy right for acting that way? Me, my self, only know a few actor/actrees that could do that in a great way. Cmiiw. 

My favourite of his drama I already mentioned it here. FAITH. But in the Heirs, I must say that I saw a wider range of emotion,  conveyed only by his eyes. Amazing. I also remember read somewhere that several famous script writer commented about how great he was in the heirs. 

Gangnam. Well, personally, this movie is too dark for my liking. Dark and gritty. But then, I must say that LMH's acting here, with his eyes, is on another level. Amazing. 

And we should remember my friends, he is only 33 yro. It means, he still has so much time and space to improve his quality. Yeay

:blush:

• Like 6
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, scrawford said:

but of course I also wants to see his new drama

breking records locally, knowing that it is important as well. 

But more importantly, I want this to be the work that Lee min Ho is proud of. I want this to be different than his past roles. There has been comments going around about him picking a typical rich male lead character, and while I can see some truth to it, I want to believe that LMH is very aware of what his previous role were and there is a reason why He picked this one. 

And I finally watch Gangnam blues last night, and wow!!! I hope to see him doing more project like that, or maybe film festival type project. The guy can act, he is not just pretty face. 

Also, he said that he receive a lot of offers and ended up picking King. Now I want to know what are those project that he passed. It’s interesting to know what kind of drama he could have ended up with :).

And to those comments, I’m asking, but what do they share in common other than being rich? Isn’t “rich” just a label? Unless his character is shaped by money (stereotype = arrogant), I don’t see how it makes Lee Gon typical. He’s a King so he must be rich. But having money, alone, does not make him Kim Tan or Gu Jun Pyo. I’ll have to wait and judge his character once I watch the drama but from my speculation, Lee Gon seems like someone of much deeper character. His richness may not be something he flaunts to get what he wants, it may be a “flaw”. His problems also appear to be more complex. Is his goal to pursue one girl? Or is it to save the worlds while protecting the throne from his uncle? Does he actually want to live as the king? Or does he do it because of selfless reasons, knowing that if not him, it’ll fall into the hands of evil? Simply from watching the trailers, I can tell he isn’t your typical rich lead. I also have confidence Lee Gon has potential to be LMH’s best role yet. Now I just need writer Kim to come through. 

As for ratings, of course I want it to perform well because it’s his comeback. For me personally, ratings cannot influence how I feel about a drama. If I like it, I like it. If I don’t like it, even if the ratings are high, I won’t like it. But for the sake of LMH, I hope it’s another hit.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

D-4 :relaxed:

news_1586736612_1424037_main1.jpg

Genesis BBQ, a chicken franchise, said Wednesday that it has selected actor Lee Min-ho as its CF model.
Lee Min-ho, making his first comeback in three years, has a welcome meeting with consumers as BBQ's new face.

BBQ selected Lee Min-ho as a model because his masculine and beautiful appearance and deep-eyed charm matched BBQ's high-quality chicken image. Actor Lee Min-ho, who is loved by the public for crossing romantic comedy and melodrama, will be selected as a brand model and will focus on securing young customers with his hip charm.

Lee Min-ho, who plays Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire in SBS' "The King-Eternal Monarch" as his first return in three years, will deliver BBQ chicken's unique image and message through the unique image of a graceful figure and charismatic monarch in the upcoming TVCM.

On-air BBQ ads in mid-April can be found on TV, BBQ's official website, YouTube and SNS channels. Afterwards, behind-the-scenes videos featuring Lee Min-ho's various charms will also be released.

Lee Min-ho is a global Hallyu star representing the Republic of Korea, and is steadily loved by the public through works such as "Boys Over Flowers" (2009), "Personal Taste" (2010), "Faith" (2012), "The Heirs" (2013), and "The Legend of the Blue Sea" (2016-2017) and has a strong fan base not only in Korea but also abroad.

Lee Min-ho's return to the small screen, "The King," is a fantasy romance in which Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho), the emperor of the Korean Empire, and Jeong Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun), a detective of the Republic of Korea, are drawing through cooperation across time and space against the whispers of the devil. Hit maker Kim Eun-sook, director Baek Sang-hoon and director Jung Ji-hyun have joined forces to draw attention as the most anticipated film of 2020.

A BBQ official said, "We are looking forward to the synergy of Lee Min-ho, who has various charms from BBQ's image of high quality, best chicken, and softness to charisma," and added, "We plan to carry out various activities such as promoting new products with BBQ's new face Lee Min-ho."

http://www.ebn.co.kr/news/view/1424037/?sc=naver

actorleeminho TW and myment_official IG update

The Return of the Advertising King, who is making a comeback!

Actor Lee Min-ho has been selected as the BBQ brand model! Please look forward to the various activities he will show as CF model 

Actor  Lee Min-ho matches the high-quality image!

Friday, April 17th, at 10 p.m. Watch The King 

Schedule of airing of The King on SBS

20200417~0419

4/17 -

Ep1 22:00~ 22:40~

4/18 -

Ep1 00:40~ 01:20~   

Ep1 18:40~ 19:20~    

Ep2 22:00~ 22:40~

4/19 -

Ep2 00:30~ 01:10~    

Ep1 13:00~ 13:40~

Ep2 14:20~ 15:00~

EVb1G04U4AQnTXX?format=jpg&name=small

EVb1HXxUwAEOf39?format=jpg&name=small

EVb1H_qU0AAa9p8?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi scrawford, I want this drama to do well, rating-wise since it's his comeback project after MS - it's as simple as that. Good to hear that you love the movie, "Gangnam Blues". I find this great, too! A must-watch if you're fan of action movies. It was LMH's 1st major lead role in a movie. We can see that he remains too much of a pretty boy meaning, that you can't completely buy his portrayal of a tough guy but here, he's so convincing. Especially the very well-done soundtrack deserves some praise.  :P

Me too! I want this drama to do well since it’s his comeback. He has a lot to show and I hope he shines! 

To think that he did Gangnam after Heirs, realy show his versatility. 

• Like 7

Nice! One more cf under his belt, Would really love to see him in another outdoor/ sports brand and luxury clothing. 

Glad that sbs is showing multiple re-runs , 4 more days to go. Hope we will be spoilt with swoon games today

• Like 6

10 hours ago, yuiy78 said:

And we should remember my friends, he is only 33 yro. It means, he still has so much time and space to improve his quality. Yeay

@yuiy78 yes, you are right! And I can’t wait to see what pt2 of actor Lee min ho journey is going to look like :)

• Like 5

******The King watch party*******

I was chatting with one of our old members Kiklaminho, and we decided that we are going to watch the King together from our respective homes.  She"s in NY and I'm in CA.  We think we're going to use Facetime, unless anyone else has a better idea.  Neither one of us is technologically savvy, so it's gotta be easy.  I think it would be fun.  We just need to figure out what time works for everyone.  Internationals, if you're interested and know how we can include you, you're definitely welcome.  I hope people join us.  Kiks said she's not going to talk when she's watching; me--I don't know, maybe some squealing lol:D 

51 minutes ago, SophieH said:

Nice! One more cf under his belt, Would really love to see him in another outdoor/ sports brand and luxury clothing. 

Glad that sbs is showing multiple re-runs , 4 more days to go. Hope we will be spoilt with swoon games today

@SophieH:  I would also hope he gets a clothing line.  He has the perfect body lean, tall and looks.

• Like 7

In Korea, Lee Min Ho is an actor, not idol. Since his bursting by BOF, he's a talented actor. K-media said he's the first genius actor in 20 years (I can't remember the exact words but something like that) and they've never praised any other actor for such title after him.

I've read a comment :
In BOF, GJP is overbearing but elegant, it's hard to portray this character without acting skills. Any actor can portray a rich man or a rich boy by gorgeous clothes or props. But LMH has his unique elegance, charm, and distinguishing characteristic that other actors can not act.

I think you all read lots of translations of K-netizens' comments, it's rarely to see criticism about his acting or worrying his acting. (Except the time before City Hunter, he's doubted to portray the male lead, but all shut up their mouths after City Hunter aired. :)) I mean, in Korea, he's never an actor just with good looking. Unfortunately, after "The Heirs", some other actors' promotion ways were dragged him down. Their fans said LMH "can't act" and "big face", because they could not find any other point to drag him down. Many non fans were brainwashed. How many comments "he got slimmed back" on Weibo after the teasers of LOTBS and The King came out. We fans know that he's always thin even too thin. Recently, everyone was locked down at home, lots of posts on Weibo said "how come till now I found LOTBS was a masterpiece and LMH was awesome." :) Really hope more and more people can find this awesome actor after watch his dramas/movies.

• Like 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, scrawford said:

@syntyche does thendrama only run for 40 minute?

cause I’m seeing “22:00-22:40”

correct me if I’m wrong. 

Hoping it would be at least 60 minutes.

i will take longer, with Giblin and me sunshine they would go to 80 minutes. 

The first half of Ep1 will be started at 22:00 and the 2nd half will be started at 22:40.

51 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Kiks said she's not going to talk when she's watching

Yes, I think I don't have time to talk to anyone that I must concentrate my eyes on screen.  :P

I really admire those who can do real-time recaps.

12 hours ago, Deepakmahajan said:

All his roles are author backed roles. He gets best productions.  Why should he refuse them? Should he refuse them and accept low budget dramas lol?

Yes, starting from Heirs, all his dramas and Gangnam Blus were written for him, top/famous writers create the character just for him, not create the character then pick him. Why should he refuse them ? 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

The first half of Ep1 will be started at 22:00 and the 2nd half will be started at 22:40.

So we would get total running time of 80 minutes? Yay!!!

also for those excited for the swoon game or couch talk, I just look at a few dramas on their YouTube channel and seems like those interactive didn’t started until few days after the premier. I could be wrong but that’s my finding so far.

really want to see them interactive outside the screen :)

• Like 4

12 hours ago, yuiy78 said:

He is not just a handsome face. He can act. Thats for sure. 

I am a very picky person when it comes to movies or actor. I only have a very very short list about faves. LMH is one of them. Gangnam is also among the list. 

For me, LMH has a unique kind of acting. He plays with his eyes a lot. Sometimes its very subtle but could convey much. And its not easy right for acting that way? Me, my self, only know a few actor/actrees that could do that in a great way. Cmiiw. 

My favourite of his drama I already mentioned it here. FAITH. But in the Heirs, I must say that I saw a wider range of emotion,  conveyed only by his eyes. Amazing. I also remember read somewhere that several famous script writer commented about how great he was in the heirs. 

Gangnam. Well, personally, this movie is too dark for my liking. Dark and gritty. But then, I must say that LMH's acting here, with his eyes, is on another level. Amazing. 

Hi yuiy, I couldn't agree with you more on what you said above. His eyes are so expressive. LMH is turning (34) years old this June in K-age system. Please remember that in Korea, you're already 1-year old when you're born. So, he's at least 1-year older than his international age.  :P

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi yuiy, I couldn't agree with you more on what you said above. His eyes are so expressive. LMH is turning (34) years old this June in K-age system. Please remember that in Korea, you're already 1-year old when you're born. So, he's at least 1-year older than his international age.  :P

Aah, I forgot about that. Sorry, my bad. 

But still, 34 yro is considered young right? Hehehe

• Like 4

1 hour ago, scrawford said:

So we would get total running time of 80 minutes? Yay!!!

also for those excited for the swoon game or couch talk, I just look at a few dramas on their YouTube channel and seems like those interactive didn’t started until few days after the premier. I could be wrong but that’s my finding so far.

really want to see them interactive outside the screen :)

No, maybe 10 minutes CFs from 22:30 to 22:40.  :mellow:
Don't know the exact times for CF's broadcasting.

• Like 3

Just now, gtLmh0622 said:

No, maybe 10 minutes CFs from 22:30 to 22:40.  :mellow:
Don't the exact times for CF's broadcasting.

So, for us watching on Netflix, without CF, the total running time would be between 60-70minutes then? The longer the better :)

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Yes, starting from Heirs, all his dramas and Gangnam Blus were written for him, top/famous writers create the character just for him, not create the character then pick him. Why should he refuse them ? 

I remember that the scriptwriter of FAITH re-write her script to match with LMH. And then, she even said that LMH himself that developed the character of his daejang. She gave him a big salute for portraying Choi young greatly. LMH was really turning in to daejang character in that drama. 

I can only see LMH that fit perfectly with that daejang character. No one else could. I even cannot imagine that. 

Ah, I really miss my daejang :blush:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, yuiy78 said:

I remember that the scriptwriter of FAITH re-write her script to match with LMH. And then, she even said that LMH himself that developed the character of his daejang. She gave him a big salute for portraying Choi young greatly. LMH was really turning in to daejang character in that drama. 

I can only see LMH that fit perfectly with that daejang character. No one else could. I even cannot imagine that. 

Ah, I really miss my daejang :blush:

Wow.... 

Also, I heard that Kim Eun sooo wrote Kim tan’s character with lee min ho in mind. Not sure where I read that. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, yuiy78 said:

Aah, I forgot about that. Sorry, my bad. 

But still, 34 yro is considered young right? Hehehe

yuiy, ye, for me (34) can still be counted as young but, I guess if you're (35) onwards you feel confused about where to fit in - hahaha, middle age, maybe? Well, these are subjective judgments. Age is all relative.  :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

In Korea, Lee Min Ho is an actor, not idol. Since his bursting by BOF, he's a talented actor. K-media said he's the first genius actor in 20 years (I can't remember the exact words but something like that) and they've never praised any other actor for such title after him.

I've read a comment :
In BOF, GJP is overbearing but elegant, it's hard to portray this character without acting skills. Any actor can portray a rich man or a rich boy by gorgeous clothes or props. But LMH has his unique elegance, charm, and distinguishing characteristic that other actors can not act.

Super thanks gtLmh0622. Well written indeed. 

I remember those days. 

When BOF aired, honestly I underestimated our boy a lot. Then for some reasons I decided to watch. And like everybody else, I was stunned by his ability to revive the character of Gu Jun Pyo with different style than tao ming se. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1