Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Group hug!

At least he know when he will begin MS rather than being in limbo waiting for the letter.  We're going to stay together, right chingus, and keep this thread going the next two years.  :D

As most of you know,  we have a couple of projects that will now be implemented since we have a date.  First, we will be sending him our letters.  I'll post a due date in a few days now that we know when he is enlisting.  Second, we will start our rewatch of his dramas beginning with BOF. We will watch 1 episode a week, which as @Kris Silva calculated, will take us through the 24 months.   I suggest we start Sunday, May 21. Perhaps the week before, if anyone finds the video of the press con or 1st reading, that can be posted before we start watching the drama.   I will host the first episode to get it started.  Please let me know if you are interesting in being a host for BOF, so I can coordinate the schedule.  You can host as many episodes as you want.  I plan to do a recap of the first episode. I'm sure how we do this will evolve over time, so there is no right or wrong way of hosting an episode.   After I post my recap, everyone can chime in with their comments on the first episode.  If you prefer, you can post photos , videos, gifs etc instead of commenting.  Hopefully, this makes sense.  I can tell I got a little lazy writing this and glossed over some details.  

• Like 11

17 hours ago, tshering12 said:

On April 18, a source from MYM Entertainment spoke with news outlets and said, “Lee Min Ho will start his military service as a public service worker at Gangnam District Office in Seoul on May 12. He is planning on enlisting quietly.”

Does "quietly" mean fans will not be able to see him off? :-(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Group hug!

At least he know when he will begin MS rather than being in limbo waiting for the letter.  We're going to stay together, right chingus, and keep this thread going the next two years.  :D

As most of you know,  we have a couple of projects that will now be implemented since we have a date.  First, we will be sending him our letters.  I'll post a due date in a few days now that we know when he is enlisting.  Second, we will start our rewatch of his dramas beginning with BOF. We will watch 1 episode a week, which as @Kris Silva calculated, will take us through the 24 months.   I suggest we start Sunday, May 21. Perhaps the week before, if anyone finds the video of the press con or 1st reading, that can be posted before we start watching the drama.   I will host the first episode to get it started.  Please let me know if you are interesting in being a host for BOF, so I can coordinate the schedule.  You can host as many episodes as you want.  I plan to do a recap of the first episode. I'm sure how we do this will evolve over time, so there is no right or wrong way of hosting an episode.   After I post my recap, everyone can chime in with their comments on the first episode.  If you prefer, you can post pictures, videos, gifs etc instead of commenting.  Hopefully, this makes sense.  I can tell I got a little lazy writing this and glossed over some details.  

According to 李敏镐铁杆后援会, the followings can be used for leaving messages to Minho :

1. 당신이 우리곁에 없어도 여전히 당신을 사랑합니다.
    Even if you are not with us, I still love you.

2. 우리는 돌아오길 기다려요.  일찍 가고  일찍 들어오세요.
    We will wait for your coming back. Go early and come bake early.

옥체 보중하세요.잘 지내세요.
    Please be careful of yourself.

4. 평생 단 한번 허락된
    Only once in a lifetime.

5. Minho&Minoz,영원히 함께할게요
    Minho & Minoz, we'll be together forever.

6. 당신이 있어 우리는 행복합니다.
    Because of you, we're very happy.

7. 미노즈는 영원히 당신을 사랑합니다.
    Minoz will love you forever.

8. 미노즈는 항상 당신을 지지합니다.
    Minoz will always support you.

9. 이민호, 니쩐빵
    Lee Min Ho, you are great.   (니쩐빵 is Korean pronunciation of Chinese 你真棒-Nee Jin Bang)

10. 민호씨 , 화이팅!
     Minho ssi, fighting !

11. 민호 씨, 중국 팬들이 당신을 영원히 지지합니당!
     Minho ssi, Chinese fans will support you forever.    (중국 is China, you may replace it with your country.)

12. 민호 씨, 당신에 가까이 가게 되면 평생이 되는 겁니다.
      Minho ssi, when I go toward you, it will be a lifetime.

민호 씨, 중국 블로그 항상 경신하세요. 중국팬들이 많이 기대하고 있어용.
      Minho ssi, keep up to update your Weibo all the time. Chinese fans are expecting.
      (
중국 블로그 is China blog, you may replace it with SNS, 중국 is China, you may replace it with your country.)

14. 민호 씨, 당신의 팬이 되어서 참 행복해요!
     Minho ssi, I am so happy to be your fan !

15. 민호 씨, 당신에게 보일 수 있는 곳에서나 보일 수 없는 것에서도 우리들이 다 지지하고 있어요.
      Minho ssi, no matter we are in the visible or invisible place to you. We all support you.

민호 씨, 얼마나 멀고도 험난한 길이라도 꼭 넘어야 당신이 계시는 곳에 가야 합니다.
     Minho ssi, even we have to cross a path that is far and away, we must go where you are.

민호 씨, 당신이 꼭 건강하시고 행복하세요!
     Minho ssi, please be healthy and happy !

18. 민호 씨, 당신은 하늘님께서 우리에게 주신 선물입니다.
      Minho ssi, you are the gift sent to us by God.

19. 민호 씨, pmzer 되어서 참 행복해요!
      Minho ssi, we are happy to be a pmzer.

20. 그래도 약속 지킬게
     푹풍우가 와도
     아무도 없어  외로워도
     가보지 못한 길이라 두려워도
     다 견디고 꼭 너 한테  갈게
     (SC's lines, means will keep the promise and go to your side even there will be storms and full of fears and loneliness on the road.)

@zinnia I translated above according to Chinese, if there is any misunderstanding, please correct me.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Group hug!

As most of you know,  we have a couple of projects that will now be implemented since we have a date.  First, we will be sending him our letters.  I'll post a due date in a few days now that we know when he is enlisting.  Second, we will start our rewatch of his dramas beginning with BOF. We will watch 1 episode a week, which as @Kris Silva calculated, will take us through the 24 months.   I suggest we start Sunday, May 21. Perhaps the week before, if anyone finds the video of the press con or 1st reading, that can be posted before we start watching the drama.   I will host the first episode to get it started.  Please let me know if you are interesting in being a host for BOF, so I can coordinate the schedule.  You can host as many episodes as you want.  I plan to do a recap of the first episode. I'm sure how we do this will evolve over time, so there is no right or wrong way of hosting an episode.   After I post my recap, everyone can chime in with their comments on the first episode.  If you prefer, you can post photos , videos, gifs etc instead of commenting.  Hopefully, this makes sense.  I can tell I got a little lazy writing this and glossed over some details.  

Hi CarolynH, ye, at least we got to know the confirmed schedule now. LMH will go through a four-week military training on dates set by the Military Manpower Administration then he'll start working as a public servant in Gangnam. :(

[Hot Takes from the Noonas] Lee Min-ho will start army duty on May 12

photo840331.jpg

Lee Min-ho's agency has revealed that the actor will start serving as a public service officer at Gangnam District Office soon. Korean netizens are supportive of the move.

Normally, Koreans have been critical of celebrities who have chosen to enlist as public service officers rather than as active duty soldiers. In the case of Lee Min-ho, his history of car accidents, one in 2006 and another in 2011, have made the decision understandable. Fellow actor, Jeong Il-woo was also injured in the 2006 car accident, and enlisted as a public service worker in December 2016.

Thanks to a definite enlistment date, Lee Min-ho's fans can now look forward to the day he returns.

Love,
JK of Noonas Over Forks

credit : Hancinema

• Like 6

@CarolynH It's a relief that I can still see humour in this thread! I have mixed feelings towards the confirmed date of his enlistment but I guess it is better than just hanging around and prolonging the waiting period altogether. 

Many have also commented that he will be the most handsome civil servant in Gangnam office (but of course?!!). Many also felt that it is too much a risk to have him carry out any frontline duties as it will be too disruptive. I can almost imagine many suspicious people lurking near his office just trying to get a glimpse of him at work.

May I ask if the enlistment period is actually 24 or 28 months? I think it is time to return him the freedom that he has given up for the 10 years. In the recent interview he mentioned that he has been living a restrained and controlled life and I felt kind of sad as we often won't understand the sacrifices he has to make. Afterall any young chap in his 20s will still be wilful enough to want to laze around,  play computer games, date and hang out with friends etc.

Hope the 2 years will give him enough personal space to enjoy his loved ones, do nothing, refresh, take stock and chart his next 10 years. I still wish to have him update his life occasionally over Instagram and meanwhile will just rely on every Minoz to keep the love alive!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, adamfever said:

On April 18, a source from MYM Entertainment spoke with news outlets and said, “Lee Min Ho will start his military service as a public service worker at Gangnam District Office in Seoul on May 12. He is planning on enlisting quietly.”

Does "quietly" mean fans will not be able to see him off? :-(

yes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@willenette: my imagination is working overtime again.  If LMH works in a parking lot, he will be the cause of many rear -Enders! Lol

CarolynH, hahaha - you're so funny but I couldn't agree with you more. :tongue:

33 minutes ago, heartLMH said:

@CarolynH It's a relief that I can still see humour in this thread! I have mixed feelings towards the confirmed date of his enlistment but I guess it is better than just hanging around and prolonging the waiting period altogether. 

Many have also commented that he will be the most handsome civil servant in Gangnam office (but of course?!!). Many also felt that it is too much a risk to have him carry out any frontline duties as it will be too disruptive. I can almost imagine many suspicious people lurking near his office just trying to get a glimpse of him at work.

May I ask if the enlistment period is actually 24 or 28 months? I think it is time to return him the freedom that he has given up for the 10 years. In the recent interview he mentioned that he has been living a restrained and controlled life and I felt kind of sad as we often won't understand the sacrifices he has to make. Afterall any young chap in his 20s will still be wilful enough to want to laze around,  play computer games, date and hang out with friends etc.

Hope the 2 years will give him enough personal space to enjoy his loved ones, do nothing, refresh, take stock and chart his next 10 years. I still wish to have him update his life occasionally over Instagram and meanwhile will just rely on every Minoz to keep the love alive!

Hi heartLMHthe non-active duty service, e.g. civil service or public service worker is 24 months.  :)

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, heartLMH said:

@willenette thanks for that!

Phew I read someone's post and it mentioned 28 months. Although 24 months is only slightly better but at least is of some comfort.

Countdown of 23 days....:( 

heartLMH, actually the length of service varies depending on the military branch: 21 months for Army and Marines, 23 months for Navy, 24 months for Air Force. The non-active duty service, e.g. civil service or public service worker, is from 24 months to 36 months. But, I guess the standard now for civil service servant is (24). All the same like athletes who win medals at the Olympic Games or gold medals at the Asian Games are granted exemptions but still have to serve four weeks in basic training. :lol:

• Like 3

Another version from KpopHerald.

Lee Min-ho confirms May enlistment

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20170419

Lee Min-ho is set to begin his mandatory military service in May, according to his agency on Tuesday.

“Lee Min-ho’s enlistment date was confirmed today. He will begin service on May 12 at Gangnam-gu office as a public service officer,” MYM Entertainment said. “He’ll spend his time preparing for the service until May.” 

The actor has been assigned to a noncombat position due to an injury sustained in a 2006 car accident with actor Jung Il-woo. 

Earlier in the year, officials from the agency denied media reports that said Lee was planning to start his service in March or April. 

Lee debuted in 2003, starring in EBS series “Secret Campus.” He later rose to stardom both in Korea and abroad by playing the male lead role in KBS’ “Boys Over Flowers.” 

Lee, 29, recently wrapped up recording the narration for MBC nature documentary “DMZ, the Wild,” which he recorded from October 2015 to March 2017. The MBC documentary will premiere on June 5 at 11:10 p.m. 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201704191307090216422_2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fan Art.

C9wSt-FU0AAfGYG.jpg

• Like 10

10 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Group hug!

These are the dramas and no. of episodes per drama, total of 125 episodes.  We have about 104 weeks till May 12, 2019 so we should have more than enough to recap. We can include Gangnam Blues and Bounty Hunters if you want.

Year     Drama                       # of Episodes         Role
2009    Boys Over Flowers             25        Goo Joon Pyo
2010    Personal Taste                    16        Jeon Jin Ho
2011    City Hunter                            20        "Poochai" Lee Yoon Sung
2012    Faith                                      24        General Choi Yeong
2013    The Heirs                              20        Kim Tan
2016    Legend of the Blue Sea    20         Heo Joon Jae / Kim Dam Ryung [Past]

total:           125

I want to help out but I am not much of a writer. So instead of writing our own recaps, can we share recaps of popular sites like Dramabeans ?  They write the best recaps.

• Like 12

16 hours ago, Chellsee said:

Another version from KpopHerald.

Lee Min-ho confirms May enlistment

Lee Min-ho is set to begin his mandatory military service in May, according to his agency on Tuesday.

“Lee Min-ho’s enlistment date was confirmed today. He will begin service on May 12 at Gangnam-gu office as a public service officer,” MYM Entertainment said. “He’ll spend his time preparing for the service until May.” 

The actor has been assigned to a noncombat position due to an injury sustained in a 2006 car accident with actor Jung Il-woo. 

Earlier in the year, officials from the agency denied media reports that said Lee was planning to start his service in March or April. 

Lee debuted in 2003, starring in EBS series “Secret Campus.” He later rose to stardom both in Korea and abroad by playing the male lead role in KBS’ “Boys Over Flowers.” 

Lee, 29, recently wrapped up recording the narration for MBC nature documentary “DMZ, the Wild,” which he recorded from October 2015 to March 2017. The MBC documentary will premiere on June 5 at 11:10 p.m. 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201704191307090216422_2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fan Art.

Hi Chellsee, thanks for sharing more about his enlistment soon. Sigh.......it’s been months of waiting for the release of his enlistment date......& now, the time comes. I’m sure he’s feeling sadder now. I will miss LMH during his absence. I wish him all the best. Good luck, LMH! :(

• Like 6

@Kris Silva:  yes, you can use the recap from dramabeans if you want although I enjoyed recapping a LBS episode as I watched it on TV.   the most difficult, IMO, is trying to type as fast as you can or else you have to rewatch certain scenes.  The recap is merely a way of telling everyone to watch the episode and comment/ analyze that's why there's no right or wrong.  So, I'll count you in as a host kris?:D.  Any more GJP lovers who want to become a host?:D  Who doesn't love that curly hair -lol

if anyone decides that they want to become a host during the rewatch, because it seems like so much fun, let me know and I'll fit you in as a host.

• Like 8

Lee Min-ho's selfie

photo840805.jpg

Lee Min-ho took a selfie.

He posted this selfie on his Instagram recently.

He's dressed casually and is looking at the camera.

Meanwhile, Lee Min-ho will be serving his duty to his county at the Gangnam Gu Office starting on the 12th of May.

Source : www.newspim.com/news/...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 9