Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Please vote for Minho - The Most Popular Korean Actor :

Poll Starts: Feb 08, 2017 
Ends: Mar 09, 2017 at 00:00 
Allow: 5 votes per day

http://alldrama4.blogspot.tw/2017/02/vote-for-most-popular-korean-actor.html

20170223 01:07

005Uf2zYgy1fczqtqnlakj30iw081t9c.jpg

20170224 02:27

005E7x1Zgy1fd0yrityhaj30hs0vkdi8.jpg

20170224 08:50

005Uf2zYgy1fd19t1sod6j30hj07aab5.jpg

Someone must be cheating. It's unusual that one day 5000 votes (He got only hundreds at the beginning several days), now one day 50000 votes ?    t_org.gift_org.gift_org.gif

10 visitors for 1 hour, but 433 votes for 10 minutes ?

005Uf2zYgy1fd1adw6r8bj305t0ibjtk.jpg

• Like 11

Minho was awarded the grand prize at the 2017 National Brand Awards held at the National Assembly Hall in Seoul on Wednesday.

He was awarded by Na Kyung-won, chairwoman of the National Assembly Foreign Affairs and Unification Committee.

She introduced Minho ahead of awarding.

"Here is our actor Lee Minho. I have been to Cuba as chairperson of the National Assembly Foreign Affairs and Unification Committee. We used to think over measures to pave the way for the normalization of the diplomatic relations between South Korea and Cuba, and we made contact with a lot of Cubans then. Whoever we met in Cuba, regardless of gender, never failed to mention actor Lee Minho when we said we came from South Korea. Eventually, South Korea meant Lee Minho for them. We, members of the National Assembly Foreign Affairs and Unification Committee, used to say at that time that we could normalize the diplomatic relations between South Korea and Cuba soon if we once accompanied Mr. Lee Minho to Cuba."

And this is Minho's shy reaction to her introduction.

1487754097.gif

Cr Legend

After the award ceremony, Congresswoman Na updated her instagram.

imageproxy.jpg 

Actor Lee Minho who never fails to be mentioned whenever I talk about Cuba!

Seeing that he voluntarily said he'll do what he can, if any, for the expansion of exchanges between Korea and Cuba, I regarded him as a reliable young Korean before an actor. I'm so proud of and grateful to him. I root for him and hope that he will accomplish more in the future.

• Like 19

I'm continuing translating the YT clip of goodboySR I have worked on.

Spoiler

MH: (2:24) I brought another precious object to represent my last ten years. I'll show it to you now. I can hear some complaints. It is none other than Minomi. This means a lot to me, and I guess it means much to you guys too.

(2:56) While I was lurking in my fan pages, I saw frequently that some fans dressed Minomi in the same costumes I put on in my projects or in the clothes they liked. In my case, when I look at this Minomi, it feels like my other self. It was modelled after me for the first time and named after my affectionate childhood nickname 'Minomi'. Actually, I have my own Minomi in my room too. It was put next to my bed. And sometimes I gaze vacantly at it and am consoled by it. Well, that's all. [Minho and the fans laughed.]

(3:54) By the way, I was befuddled yesterday, so I forgot to give the soccer ball to you. So I'll give the soccer ball and this Minomi together to you today. Even if I forget again, I wish the staff to remind me. I'll give them to you as my presents. [Fans cheered.]

[He flipped through the script.] (4:26) Um...

(4:35) The script is... [He threw it away disapprovingly.] ^^

=====================================

Minho kicked the ball successfully to the second floor later, but he forgot to give Minomi to us again after all. So the fans have been teasing him about it. ^^

• Like 18

So nice to hear such words from that chairwoman  @zinnia thanks for translation chingu. Our MH is really very popular :heart:  That shy smile is to die for :heart: 

Those who have Weibo account vote here guys. Some Got7 is leading,MH is at no.2 position. Someone posted details yesterday,but i forgot how many times we can vote in a day ? 

http://hk.weibo.com/mkt/2016/weibostar2016/group/5

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, LMHolic said:

So nice to hear such words from that chairwoman  @zinnia thanks for translation chingu. Our MH is really very popular :heart:  That shy smile is to die for :heart: 

Those who have Weibo account vote here guys. Some Got7 is leading,MH is at no.2 position. Someone posted details yesterday,but i forgot how many times we can vote in a day ? 

http://hk.weibo.com/mkt/2016/weibostar2016/group/5

1 vote per account everyday and the close date is Mar. 15, 2017.

There are other 2 sections to vote :

LMH for Best Main Lead - Movie : http://hk.weibo.com/mkt/2016/weibostar2016/group/11
Bounty Hunters for Best Movie : http://hk.weibo.com/mkt/2016/weibostar2016/group/10

• Like 11

@zinnia Thank you very much for the translation. You've made my day. I feel so proud of him. He should be a Korean Honorable Ambassador to a number of countries in the world. Please continue letting us know more about what happened  at the fan meet and at the award ceremony. That will be our Minho food while he is in hiatus.

So Minomi was LMH's childhood nick name? I didn't know that. How did the Minomi stuffy come about? Did it exist in Korea before Personal Taste? Is it popular in Korea, or only Minoz know about it?

• Like 16

On 2/23/2017 at 0:37 AM, zinnia said:

Some lucky fans came up to the stage for receiving presents on the first day of fanmeeting, and the MC asked those fans which project of Minho's made them his fan. Surprisingly, all of them answered coincidentally 'Faith'. At that Minho said he wondered why many fans picked Faith as their favorite despite its low rating.

On the second day, Minho originally planned to make a little change in the first section, but the wrong script was handed to him. It was the same one with on the first day. So Minho was a little troubled but he decided to give an impromptu talk without script. He talked about Faith and gave his thoughts about why many fans liked especially Faith among his works.

Cr: goodboySR

MH: Ah, then I'll talk about Faith, which I wanted to talk about only to drift away yesterday. [Fans cheered] On a whim. Actually, I was curious. Though I don't mean to say that Faith was turned away by the TV viewers, it was not loved very much. [Fans protested] Nevertheless, why on earth do my fans keep saying that they got a lot of consolation and healing from it despite that? I don't know what you're thinking, but I guess that the character of Choi Young has the substance we seek for a person while we're living in this world and age. Therefore, regardless of gender, Choi Young is the kind of person I can believe in. I can have the faith that he will understand me, accept me, and stand by me silently. So I think many fans might have their wounds healed by this character of mine. I also realized many things through shooting this drama. Did I guess right?

[Fans clapped]

MH: (1:40) Frankly speaking, I don't think I can live like Choi Young. I still have many days to come to live for in the future. Though I have doubts whether I can live consistently like him, I will keep that intention deep in my heart. I will try to live well and become a person like him who can give somebody consolation and quiet comfort merely by being looked at. [Fans clapped]

MH: (2:18) Let's skip to the next topic.

Zinnia, thank you so much for translating the segment. Appreciate it.

It is true what LMH said that fans get consolation and comfort from Faith. I met and got to know someone in a Faith forum and she was in a low point in her life, she found Faith by accident and watched it and it gave her so much comfort and it got her over her crisis. Many that I got to know through the forum loved LMH's performance and the character of Choi Young. LMH's CY was the attraction. The simplicity of his character, steadfast, loyal, incorruptible , not attracted to material possessions, brave, strong, not afraid of death. A man of his word and when he had to break his promise, he was willing to give up his life. His total loyalty and love for his Imja.  The drama had faults, directing, production problems, money problems but the true professionals they are, everyone stood by till the end. It turned out to be his drama with the lowest ratings but yet he got a lot of new fans from the drama. Some who found Faith to be the only great drama for LMH. There was a huge following. There were so many fan videos and arts, fan fiction, Faith fans were passionate. Fans started to learn more about the real Choi Young and Goryeo history. I think Faith has the record number of posts on Soompi. Long after Faith was over, fans were still posting. Another forum had the most visitors during Faith and comments. After Faith the forum slowed down. It is still surprising to me that Faith wasn't a hit internationally after being part of one of the forums that went crazy over the drama. Was it a cult thing? I don't know. In Japan, two years after Faith ended, Faith won the top DVD drama award in Japan. I think it was something about Faith being the top drama rented by the Japanese or something like that, even after two years later.

I think there were some painful memories for him, he said once in an interview for a Japanese DVD of Faith that he never thought that he would return to the site of the filming. I think the best parts of Faith for him were his fellow actors especially KHS and the staff.

• Like 12

Thank you everyone here for sharing all the fan meeting photos and translations.

I count myself fortunate to be able to attend the fan meeting on 18 February. I was a little nervous and apprehensive at first because I was going to be alone.

The entire online registration process was very well organised and there were multiple email updates with instructions, Q&As and even bus arrangement to and from the venue.

I saw people from all walks of life, cultures and nationalities. I finally understood why many said that Minho is the most popular Hallyu star after so many years. And they seem to be very familiar with how the fan meeting schedule flows... photo taking, buying of merchandise, free drinks from coffee trucks etc. My guess is that they have been here countless times.

Kyung Hee University was a beautiful venue and the architecture was like a cathedral and I believed that many awards ceremony had been held here before. The entire surrounding was serene and calm, very different from the other venues that I had been in China and Hong Kong. I had a good seat in the centre section 7th row. Close enough to make me happy although my binoculars added perfection to my vision... yumz.... As I was alone, I had made frens with my neighbours, a Japanese and Taiwanese who both also came alone (haha we are all so crazy to even come alone).

The fan meeting didn't have very much fanfare which I very much appreciated. There was only one game session with the fans and that was the dance machine - his leg work was fantastic... very fast and effortless... Instead Minho spent a lot of time accounting his journey for the past 10 years, how difficult it was for him and that even an easy scene of "responding to someone calling his name" took 40 takes. He re-enacted it and the fans were screaming his name "Minho".... and he turned with his forlorn eyes. Omo.... melted everyone's heart. 

Of course the highlight was changing clothes with his shadow cast and the entire auditorium went crazy. I could see that Minho was nervous himself and many times he fumbled with the shirt and hangers... haha he must have felt shy  with a few thousand people watching him change...

He sang Present, My Everything, Thank You and Always. Stalker was the only fast song and it was the encore song. It was the high point in a way as I could sense many of us were feeling very sad that the fan meeting was coming to an end; and hearing from Minho himself that the next 2 years will be dry land as he would be enlisted soon. He requested for everyone to stand up and dance and everyone was just rushing towards the stage and crying out. It was a good way to dispense the sadness and longing in everyone's hearts. 

This is the first Minho's FM that I attended and I promise myself to come back again after 2 years. Minho mentioned that he hoped everyone will stay healthy and come back as a better person 2 years later. It's a long wait but let's wait patiently. 

Lookong forward to take part in whatever projects Minoz are planning during this drought.

• Like 16

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

I think there were some painful memories for him, he said once in an interview for a Japanese DVD of Faith that he never thought that he would return to the site of the filming. I think the best parts of Faith for him were his fellow actors especially KHS and the staff.

I wonder why does LMH have painful memories? I am not fan then, I don't now why is LMH so sad about Faith?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I wonder why does LMH have painful memories? I am not fan then, I don't now why is LMH so sad about Faith?

Think the painful memories were the death of the director of Faith, who killed himself and also the cast of Faith were not paid and apparently there was a court case on this issue.  I was following this because he was very very sad during the SBS award night in 2012, he was quite teary because a lot of  his fellow cast did not show up and in my opinion he was at his lowest point ... he was very lonely too during such an event.  This thing always come up when he was speaking about faith but he never elaborate on it.  Glad this is over and even with all the controversies and the low rating, Faith is actually one my favourite and of course Daejiang (Choi Young), can never get over him...

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, gaeingoh said:

Think the painful memories were the death of the director of Faith, who killed himself and also the cast of Faith were not paid and apparently there was a court case on this issue.  I was following this because he was very very sad during the SBS award night in 2012, he was quite teary because a lot of  his fellow cast did not show up and in my opinion he was at his lowest point ... he was very lonely too during such an event.  This thing always come up when he was speaking about faith but he never elaborate on it.  Glad this is over and even with all the controversies and the low rating, Faith is actually one my favourite and of course Daejiang (Choi Young), can never get over him...

thank you I don't know this:(

• Like 3