Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Guest lily83

When will I hear news about his new Drama ? Everyday I open the Korean news with hope to see he is in talk to star in a new drama. Actually I wait for Kim Eun Sook and Hong sister drama this year but maybe I am the only person who is not satisfied with the casts of both of their future dramas (as everybody has their own preference). My other idol Cha Seung Won will play a long drama which is no my cup of tea. So my only hope is to hear LMH new drama as I know he never disappointed me with his projects, I love all of them. Please do a drama soon Lee Min Ho :) 

@CallieP, to respond to your post.

Re: LMH's English in Heirs - I agree with you, and back then I have also written something similar, in which I will put in spoiler tag below. I am quite disappointed at Javabeans and Girlfriday for LOL at him, because I thought of all people, they (being Korean themselves) should know very well why he couldn't speak good English. Please note I mention JB and GF instead of Dramabeans (DB) because I don't have time to read all their comments, and I am starting to wonder when people say DB, do they mean the bloggers or the bloggers and their readers as a whole?

The excerpt of my word vomit from the past in Heirs thread

Last but not least, everyone has been commenting on their English, especially LMH as he spoke the most therefore he gets criticized the worse. Asian languages such as Chinese, Japanese and Korean do not have “R” in their alphabets (or vice versa for Jap) so they are easily stumped by English words that contain “L” and “R”.

May I please ask everyone to put yourself in their shoes and imagine yourself being thrown into a foreign country, which you have never spoken that language in your country, and please tell me if you can speak fluently without getting tongue-tied and carrying an accent? If one expects him to speak fluently with an American accent, then SBS might as well dub his voice over because in reality, he cannot possibly achieve that in a short period of time. As an Asian myself, I can frankly say that Caucasians carry a heavy accent / speak slower too when they speak Asian languages. A lot of them cannot tell between the 4 tones of Chinese phonetics and they actually sound monotonous if you asked them to pronounce the 4 tones.

I think it is borderline on bashing when I read certain poster(s) in here mentioning about this actress’ English isbut that actor’s Engrish is… please refrain from being double standard. I say this because I have seen it elsewhere and can see it in this forum - as fans of the supported star(s), may we please respect each other & others' biases, and not turn on each other on purpose?

@ XXXX

You have asked me what my thoughts on LMH’s English? I think he has practiced and tried really hard to get them all right. In my opinion, I think he tried too hard to say them all and pronounce it correctly that it came out unnatural and slower (the scene with J in his room). It was challenging because his dialogues have "calling, already, always, plane, anniversary etc"... the Ls and the Rs.

But all other lines are fine, delivered with a strong accent but Koreans / Japanese / Chinese are not required to speak English in their daily life when they are in their own countries; therefore, same applies to Kim Tan. He probably did not need to speak a word of English until he was exiled to US at 15, and we all know from his character description that he is hardly the geek in school; thus, it would be foolish to expect him to burp out a good England, no?

I am afraid I cannot give you a satisfactory answer on this one, but I will ask this question - do you know how this term derived? From what I know, it derived from 'Earthlings' in Soompi's Faith thread. It then became widely used after my friends and I bonded in what we called Season 2 in Faith thread. Like I said before, no one in here that I do not know of use this term in Soompi. As I know, the Viki Faith community called themselves something else, and the subbing team is The Faith Team. You guys called yourself Gutterbuds or Faithfuls at Joonni. A couple of Gutterbuds cross over to play in the Faith thread, and thus, they also became Faithlings. I guess this term was then adapted by them and mentioned at Joonni's. Perhaps you have also come across people using it as we do have a LOT of lurkers in Faith thread, and I have personally delurk a fair few in the past. I cannot control what others think of this term to be honest; but to us, in Soompi forum, that's what it meant. Lastly, you are correct that not all (Soompi) Faithlings are Lee Min Ho fans or has seen The Heirs. Therefore, it was extremely inappropriate to drag the term 'Faithlings' into the dispute, and may I please request that we end this topic after this, as it is becoming sensitive. Thank you.

Yes. the twin role is a good concept, isn't it? I can just imagine how much enjoyment I'll be in when I watched him play a twin - good and evil. So exciting. BUT... *deep sigh* let's just wake up from our dream...

Just to add on about MH's English lines in Heirs, I think credit should also be given to him for how hard he worked to memorize the lines and get them right. If you saw episode 16 of Good Day, the poor guy was even practising his lines during the CF he was doing. He even admitted that they were driving him nuts! In that episode of Good Day he looks too gorgeous for words with his hair swept back. I digress. I would give him top marks just for effort alone. I myself am learning or trying to learn Korean and it is not easy at all so why would anyone expect him to speak English fluently and lose the Korean accent?

A friend of mine works for a brand he endorses and she was "looking after" him when he visited our country. She says he's incredibly hardworking, he will ask and check what he has to do, what he has to say and makes sure he gets it all right.

Hardworking, conscientious and humble, a guy right after my own heart.

The 12 best and worst K-drama perms

kdrama_perms.png

From Goo Joon Pyo in Boys Over Flowers to No Mae Ri in Marry Him If You Dare,

there is sadly no shortage of permed hairstyles in Dramaland. For

better or for worse, these curly 'dos have infiltrated countless dramas

and have even helped created some trademark styles for many drama

characters.

I've combed through countless dramas and pulled

out some of the most memorable permed hairstyles. I did my best to

score these pictures on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best and 1

being the worst. 

Scroll through to see the results!

1. Goo Joon Pyo (Lee Min Ho) - Boys Over Flowers

BOF_Hair.pngBOF_Lee_Min_Ho_3.png

Perfection.

The trademark hairstyle of Goo Joon Pyo is certainly unforgettable.

While it may not be Lee Min Ho's best look, it still helped shoot him to

stardom and captured the hearts of countless viewers around the world. 

Verdict: Exceptional 9/10

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : dramafever

Guest irwanti

@monika_leeminho , welcome, i follow your twitter to keep updated. I thought u've been part of this thread under different name

@ktiminie WELCOME to our thread  :-h  We do not post photos of LMH that are obviously taken during his private time (shopping, eating, inside the plane, etc.) in order to discourage fellow fans from taking them.  The photos you posted have been previously posted here and promptly deleted for that reason.  Thank you!

@Danie_A @kitiminie Other quarters say that his photoshoot is for W Magazine and in collaboration with DIOR Homme.  confused0024.gif

@Pixie0622 Interesting tidbit, I do hope you're correct about the Dior deal I'd love him to be the face of Dior, he'll be fantastic! Is he endorsing any major luxury brands like say Valentino, YSL, D&G, Versace, Burberry...etc? I've only seen the Eider, Guess, and TNGT. i think he's famous enough, young enough, hip and happening enough to represent the big boys, I think he'll be a great fit with Burberry...Hope he gets signed up with huge brands if he ever ventures to western fashion designers. 

I agree with you regarding @adamfever's wishes, I don't want perms ((PLZ NO)) :o haha I love it now just mess with the part "part" lol I don't want to see those gorgeous locks damaged I can't take it. :( Also I'm not a huge fan of extreme coloring (like brassy reds and blonds) on Asians. It just doesn't match their complexion well IMO and it looks very unnatural. I like this chestnut brown and a bit darker is also lovely so I hope no crazy perms or colors are in his future (pwety pweez MinHossi) 

Thanks @CarolynH for agreeing with us :P and hey I'm sure he knows all his female fans are obsessed about every single part of his body, and hey HAIR IS VERY IMPORTANT!! lol after eyes it's the first thing I look at and then lips...etc etc etc :D So yeah, I don't see what's wrong with discussing those beautiful HAIRS! =)) So see you in the next 30-40 pages of MinHo HAIR discussion hahaha 

A collage of our boy's cute selfies Cr: We Are Minoz/ 우리는 '미노즈'입니다

Did he post these over the years? He's the most adorable thing ever gah, so glad I've known him so glad I'm his fan, and I know he won't disappoint...Such a beautiful human being <333

I do remember in DB and maybe even at Joonni's, comments were made about LMH's  English in Heirs. I commented that I thought that his accent was cute. I pointed out that Kim Tan went to the US as a teenager. You don't easily lose your accent unless you arrive in the new country when you are a one or two year old child then you can speak like a native within a year or two. Native speakers sometimes forget that it is not easy to lose your accent when you move to a new country after you are already a teenager or older. A few linguists might but most don't. I think most of those who criticized his English are probably American-born Asians. (I am just guessing). There were comments about his sweaters too. Maybe those were "IN Fashion" in Korea at that time. I think pink for men is acceptable in Korea. In CH, one of the older characters were shopping for shirts and he picked some pink and colorful ones. Another thing is that they criticized KIm Tan for grabbing Eun Sang's hand and dragging her away. well, I was just watching two other new kdramas and there were hand grabbing in both of them. Hand grabbing is a common theme in Kdramas comparable to giving piggy back rides to the heroine.

People were criticizing all sorts of things it seems, they just wanted to hate on the "popular" drama, as is the case with everything hyped and popular...Strangely enough I didn't see this happening with their "darling" drama though it was no where nearly as enriching or flawless...It seems they just loved the "new shiny concept" more than the message, performances, or value of the drama. Wrist grabbing really? I mean I want anyone criticizing this fact to name ONE, just one, Kdrama that doesn't excessively abuse this trope! And his English? For a Korean actor (I've seen SJS, HB, JJM, and a hoard of other actors attempt to speak English and let me just say that LMH as KT was by far the most fluent of them all!) SJS was supposed to be playing an Australian who was adopted at 2 years of age in MISA, and how in the world was that accent even Australian?! 

ETA: I mean no disrespect to any of the actors listed above, I'm a fan of all of them, I was just stating a fact regarding the difficulty of proper English pronunciation to all KStars alike. 

Its sad that if those criticizing his English are actually Asian Americans, as I'd assume they should understand more than anyone the difficulty of the pronunciation process for their fellow Asians. I had no idea why L/Rs were such a big problem before until I realized they're an issue in Asian languages. I'd like to see non Asian Americans who never spoke Korean before attempt to speak it fluently...That would be a miracle unless they're genius somehow! I thought LMH did an amazing job with his English considering, I though he was great and feel extremely heartbroken to know the poor boy had to undergo so much stress to perfect his pronunciation!! Poor guy it's not that big a deal ppl need to freaking chill and stop nitpicking every tiny thing, especially since it's something beyond the power and control of someone as diligent and hardworking as LMH...I'm absolutely certain that if he could somehow speak English with the most perfect American accent he would have in a heartbeat!! 

So they totally disregarded his fabulous performance and portrayal of the tortured but determined KT to nitpick about the wrist grabbing (done to death in KD), the English (everyone who spoke it in KDs did a much worse job than he did), the kiss (it seemed passionate and mutually agreed on from all the little articles I've read and the BTS I've seen, ok maybe it was a little forceful at first but aren't most kisses in KDs?), his age? (isn't he only 2 years older than KWB? Why is he the only one getting flack about being an "older" HS student?), his clothes? Really?!! and the countless BS that was thrown at this drama for no good reason...Anyway I just had to say something regarding this complete and utter bias against LMH in particular, as it didn't seem to bother whoever judged him so harshly when others did the same things in other "successful" dramas. 

So Meh to them...That's all I'll say!

Just to add on about MH's English lines in Heirs, I think credit should also be given to him for how hard he worked to memorize the lines and get them right. If you saw episode 16 of Good Day, the poor guy was even practising his lines during the CF he was doing. He even admitted that they were driving him nuts! In that episode of Good Day he looks too gorgeous for words with his hair swept back. I digress. I would give him top marks just for effort alone. I myself am learning or trying to learn Korean and it is not easy at all so why would anyone expect him to speak English fluently and lose the Korean accent?

A friend of mine works for a brand he endorses and she was "looking after" him when he visited our country. She says he's incredibly hardworking, he will ask and check what he has to do, what he has to say and makes sure he gets it all right.

Hardworking, conscientious and humble, a guy right after my own heart.

Well said darling, every word you said is PURE GOLD...Love your love for MinHo you amazing Minoz you :x :x

Hi everyone nice to meet you~

Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Monika~^^

I am also a Minoz and it's my first time being here in this awesome Soompi thread of him...

Nice to meet all of you, and please take care of me..thank you very much~^^

Hello Monika I've seen you around twitter, welcome and to all the new comers I hope you guys have a fab time on MinHossi's thread tumblr_mxkwwlqvTX1siqvhio1_r1_250.giftumblr_mxkwwlqvTX1siqvhio6_r1_250.gif

Just saw this on twitter, I know we're discouraged from posting private pix, but this seems harmless enough...If it's still an issue please let me know I'll remove 

He looks amazing, the pic itself looks like an add for something, but glad he's walking around and having a lovely down time :)
B__FoyyUIAA0ldu.jpg

Cr: Twitter/Owners 

@CallieP

The Heirs thread here on soompi dealt with a lot of fan war and criticism of LMH , it's sad that if a drama is popular the more hate it gets and the grounds are outright ridiculous

LMH English was criticized, logically speaking LMH had a few months to work on his English keep in mind he was 26 , any language you learn after puberty you have a thick accent and it gets thicker with age. Also his character KT was in US for only three years even in that perspective he had to have an accent . I've taken 3 years of French and I have an accent . LMH did good with his English lines , it was understood unlike in my experience Ive had foreign professors who claim to be in the US for tons of years yet I don't understand diddly squat of what they're saying in lecture . LMH English was good especially that he had little time to work on it

The other groundless critique

KT wrist grabbing ES , making him look aggressive

1) kdramas are full of wrist grabbing nothing new

2) since I myself was on the Heirs thread during actual airing of the drama, I noticed those critiquing KT behavior with ES were those shipping her with YD , yeah so it's bad for KT to wrist grab ES but okay for YD to trip her and push her into the pool . Cool story bro.

This is just a few , one poster had the nerve to say LMH got plastic surgery to get his jaw removed to look younger for the role . Hell broke loose there of course LMH was rightfully defended, myself included . One went as far as to post pics of all his prior dramas and Heirs to show that his jaw was still there and that him looking young was just his versatility as a great actor to portray basically any kind of character.

@Danie_A

Yes sadly like I mentioned heirs have been critiqued a lot , then again all of LMH dramas have like City Hunter was critiqued because it didn't follow the manga and that LMH was too pretty for the role , the finger to them cuz he did a great job, then in Faith he was critiqued cuz of the lack of emotion , that's what his role was suppose to do, in BOF too that he had zero chemistry with the lead , he was cheesy . Only Personal Taste I didn't hear much most likely cuz it wasn't so popular . Now too with GB it's being critiqued as too violent too sexual . I went to actually watch the film and had a fan tell me personally that GB tarnished LMH wholeesome image in their eyes, like saying how dare he do such a film. that hurt me a lot and I told them that we need to separate LMH from his roles and also dramas from film . you can't compare apples to oranges.

Through time I have realized that critiquing is inevitable, all we can do as LMH fans is support him and defend him when necessary in most mature and professional way possible as to not make LMH look bad with his fans getting rabid or spitting hate back to the haters. I rub off criticism of his dramas and roles because what has made LMH who he is , isn't just because of one drama, but due to many dramas, his fm, concerts, cfs and above all his humility despite his global popularity . Now where I get upset is when they attack his own person . The last poisonous rumour was last year I believe when he was in the Phillipines (March 2014) it was an article and the picture they used to prove their "rumour" was a picture when he was filming Heirs here in Huntington Beach California .

The more famous the more haters come about but also they loving fans come about too. so instead of fighting Fire with Fire we just have to put it out with water

@CallieP

The Heirs thread here on soompi dealt with a lot of fan war and criticism of LMH , it's sad that if a drama is popular the more hate it gets and the grounds are outright ridiculous

LMH English was criticized, logically speaking LMH had a few months to work on his English keep in mind he was 26 , any language you learn after puberty you have a thick accent and it gets thicker with age. Also his character KT was in US for only three years even in that perspective he had to have an accent . I've taken 3 years of French and I have an accent . LMH did good with his English lines , it was understood unlike in my experience Ive had foreign professors who claim to be in the US for tons of years yet I don't understand diddly squat of what they're saying in lecture . LMH English was good especially that he had little time to work on it

The other groundless critique

KT wrist grabbing ES , making him look aggressive

1) kdramas are full of wrist grabbing nothing new

2) since I myself was on the Heirs thread during actual airing of the drama, I noticed those critiquing KT behavior with ES were those shipping her with YD , yeah so it's bad for KT to wrist grab ES but okay for YD to trip her and push her into the pool . Cool story bro.

This is just a few , one poster had the nerve to say LMH got plastic surgery to get his jaw removed to look younger for the role . Hell broke loose there of course LMH was rightfully defended, myself included . One went as far as to post pics of all his prior dramas and Heirs to show that his jaw was still there and that him looking young was just his versatility as a great actor to portray basically any kind of character.

@Danie_A

Yes sadly like I mentioned heirs have been critiqued a lot , then again all of LMH dramas have like City Hunter was critiqued because it didn't follow the manga and that LMH was too pretty for the role , the finger to them cuz he did a great job, then in Faith he was critiqued cuz of the lack of emotion , that's what his role was suppose to do, in BOF too that he had zero chemistry with the lead , he was cheesy . Only Personal Taste I didn't hear much most likely cuz it wasn't so popular . Now too with GB it's being critiqued as too violent too sexual . I went to actually watch the film and had a fan tell me personally that GB tarnished LMH wholeesome image in their eyes, like saying how dare he do such a film. that hurt me a lot and I told them that we need to separate LMH from his roles and also dramas from film . you can't compare apples to oranges.

Through time I have realized that critiquing is inevitable, all we can do as LMH fans is support him and defend him when necessary in most mature and professional way possible as to not make LMH look bad with his fans getting rabid or spitting hate back to the haters. I rub off criticism of his dramas and roles because what has made LMH who he is , isn't just because of one drama, but due to many dramas, his fm, concerts, cfs and above all his humility despite his global popularity . Now where I get upset is when they attack his own person . The last poisonous rumour was last year I believe when he was in the Phillipines (March 2014) it was an article and the picture they used to prove their "rumour" was a picture when he was filming Heirs here in Huntington Beach California .

The more famous the more haters come about but also they loving fans come about too. so instead of fighting Fire with Fire we just have to put it out with water

There's a difference between constructive criticism, and pure hate due to popularity or (sillily enough) jealousy of a drama that has done better than their fave somehow. I'd understand if teenyboppers did this because they wanted their fave oppa's drama to do better or be more popular, but when grown women who admittedly have seen oceans of dramas - both old and new - make these ridiculous excuses to hate on a drama makes me stop and scratch my head! 

I am extremely mad at them because (as someone who's very new to Kdrama, who sought guidance from the BIG players, and expected an unbiased fair assessment) I almost passed on Heirs and LMH alike due to their unfounded BS-tastic reviews of both the show and LMH!! When I courageously waded the "unfairly labeled" murky waters of Heirs and found that it was SO MUCH Better than truckloads of dramas that received top notch ratings I wanted to punch someone!! SMH!! I am very glad I stuck to my guns, because had I not, I would never know who LMH is or enjoy any of his wonderful performances or learn about the amazing and lovely human that he is! 

This is why I don't involve myself in lengthy and aggravated discussions on threads of specific shows. I know there's so much immaturity, and unfounded and unreasonable bias because of the above mentioned factors. I rather calmly discuss and enjoy the things that I enjoy, defend them yes but not to unrelenting and blind fans of others/or pure haters. Because that can never lead to any healthy discovery nor will it enrich my experience in anyway...

I'm very new yes but I'm a very fast learner. So I've learned to steer clear of any bickering or argument and just chill and endlessly admire the elements that I enjoy in dramas...I do occasionally discuss disappointments as well, but I've learned that with the way Kdramas are written, rewritten, or not written at all,  filmed (crazy filming schedules), the lack of creativity by the major production houses (producing similar dramas with similar plots at the same time), with the "trend" topics taking over when real stories and more important issues are ignored, with the endless amounts of cliches inserted in each drama...These issues and many more, taught me to take each KDrama with a huge bucket of salt and simply revel in the performances and the novelty of the overused but better presented concepts. Such was the case with almost all of LMH's dramas (not being biased towards him really but all his Dramas were extremely novel and different than most, even ones with similar storylines).

I am not above critiquing some of the elements that I didn't enjoy in some of his dramas either, but that doesn't mean I am disrespecting him or his effort, rather as I said constructive criticism is a very healthy way of saying, we love you but because we love you and think you're amazing, we think you could've done this so much better...I won't gripe him older performances (say Mackerel run, though i thought it was totally adorable) because he's come such a long way and did such a fantastic job at growing as an actor. Had he continued to perform in a certain way and stopped trying then, as his fan I'd totally call him out on it, but MinHo is in no way that type of actor/person...This busy bee, is always learning, improving, and seeking to become the best that he could be at his craft, and he deserves all the love and accolades he's getting and much more! 

I haven't watched GB yet, but seriously this is why I get irritated at SKians mostly, this ridiculously unrealistic purist image they want to try to maintain for their faves drives me nuts. Personally I hate all of it! He's an actor not a little 5 year old who's forbidden from taking off his clothes on screen (if the scene needs it) or playing rough and aggressive characters. If anything they should totally commend him for thinking outside the box and challenging himself!!

Recently I've been venturing into Korean cinema as well and I'm happy to see that most movie actors are not ashamed to delve into any role (provided it's a great one) regardless if that should damage their "image" or not. I want MinHo to expand his wings and do so much, and become an even bigger and stronger performer...So what these children, or children wannabes want has very little weight on what I think or how I view him...All power to him and wish him all the best things in life. I'll always support him and cheer him on, I hope he remains true to himself first and foremost, and walk the path he chooses without paying much attention to any fodder that is totally uninvited and unfounded.