Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

2 minutes ago, scrawford said:

36. but im reading online so i don't know if it's the same with real book. My real book will come tomorrow :)

I have even read some shippers telling me we finish reading? I am like what? 500-pages? just like that? Some said they were on 100+ pages. That is fast reading. 

How do you rate the conversations in the novel?

Regarding the discussion in the last pages, I also think that in this drama it is possible that we don't see a lot of LMH as male leader. I guess this story is more choral, and so less protagonism will be give to a sole actor. Being said that, I don't think that's bad at all: I love to see LMH in long dramas (even if kdramas are short by my standards) but also I would love to see him in a very different kind of role and in a production like this, which could be awarded and acclaimed. I think announcing him as the protagonist doesn't imply that he is going to be the only one and it could be done for marketing purposes. 

Anyway, why you say that he is going to be filming for seven months? I have read all the news I can and I have seen that production is going to be from now to April, but that doesn't mean that he is going to be filming all that time. Please, if someone could shed a bit of light in this respect, I would appreciate it. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Narine Joa said:

I have even read some shippers telling me we finish reading? I am like what? 500-pages? just like that? Some said they were on 100+ pages. That is fast reading. 

Some people can read really fast. I just started reading last night and im reading the PDF version. Not very comfortable. 

How do you rate conversations in the novel?

What do you mean by Rate the conversation in the novel? Like the writing style? word choices? grammar?

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

In Korea, actors and idols carry a certain “image” based on their appearance and personality. LMH does have the flower boy image, which is great. His flower boy image is not only because of BOF, but also because of his face and how his own personality. Him playing Hansu has nothing do with him leaving his “ flower boy image“. He is an actor and explores various roles and genres. That’s it! LMH is LMH and I think he does carry the flower boy image as LMH not as GJP. based on the image that actors have, they choose a certain style and stylist help them with that. LMH, when he isn’t acting, is always boyish, cute, and lovely. Look at Lazada ad and choice of colors and style of clothing  :lol:

I don’t know why everyone has problem with LMH’s flower boy image <_< Idols and actors try so hard to gain a certain image through variety shows. LMH doesn’t even need those shows.B) LMH’s image is actually great!! 

I’m happy that LMH is taking such a big challenge and different role, but it has nothing to do with his own image. 

edit: even Non-celebs in SK try to have a certain image which is mostly youthful and innocent looking. In SK, image and face (handsomeness, prettiness) is everything.  

Not saying there’s anything wrong with his flower boy image/ personality  because that’s how he cemented himself in my heart.  Just that this “branding” can detract from his desire to be considered a serious actor by non-fans.  Some say he’s “too pretty” to be a villain, “too elegant” to portray a poor boy, “too charming” to be evil, etc.  Nothing to do with his skills, just dealing with people’s expectations of him.   Him taking on a serious anti-hero dramatic role is a step toward evolving from the “pretty boy” image into a more versatile actor.  And him doing this in his 30s is a plus.  He has many, many years ahead to try out new things.  

Which brings me to his last IG post>>LMH Films.  What is that about?  Could he be in contract with Netflix or Apple TV to produce his own films/ videos?  I mean, if his company wanted to produce, it could’ve been MYM Films. But LMH Films....why?  I’m excited about the possibilities.

• Like 10
  • Unamused 1
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Some people can read really fast. I just started reading last night and im reading the PDF version. Not very comfortable. 

What do you mean by Rate the conversation in the novel? Like the writing style? word choices? gramamar?

Not how it is written but the dialogues inside the novel?

3 minutes ago, pixie0622 said:

Not saying there’s anything wrong with his flower boy image/ personality  because that’s how he cemented himself in my heart.  Just that this “branding” can detract from his desire to be considered a serious actor by non-fans.  Some say he’s “too pretty” to be a villain, “too elegant” to portray a poor boy, “too charming” to be evil, etc.  Nothing to do with his skills, just dealing with people’s expectations of him.   Him taking on a serious anti-hero dramatic role is a step toward evolving from the “pretty boy” image into a more versatile actor.  And him doing this in his 30s is a plus.  He has many, many years ahead to try out new things.  

Which brings me to his last IG post>>LMH Films.  What is that about?  Could he be in contract with Netflix or Apple TV to produce his own films/ videos?  I mean, if his company wanted to produce, it could’ve been MYM Films. But LMH Films....why?  I’m excited about the possibilities.

What is a flower boy? Define? please

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pixie0622 said:

Why don't you just say good looking. Because a flower boy is just a very elusive word. Doesn't itself mean much and in this case is sounds like condescending. There is no crime in looking good. Was kim jung dae or daejong flower boy. In effect most of his characters were grown men 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pixie0622 said:

@Narine Joa

The term “flower boy” is something that's been around Korean entertainment culture for a very long time. Flower boys can be defined as boys who have feminine features, are pretty, have aegyo, are well-groomed, but can also be manly!Jul 23, 2017 Soompi

All LMH characters were macho. by definition. Flower boy itself would be regarded as offensive from most male

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

In Korea, actors and idols carry a certain “image” based on their appearance and personality. LMH does have the flower boy image, which is great. His flower boy image is not only because of BOF, but also because of his face and how his own personality. Him playing Hansu has nothing do with him leaving his “ flower boy image“. He is an actor and explores various roles and genres. That’s it! LMH is LMH and I think he does carry the flower boy image as LMH not as GJP. based on the image that actors have, they choose a certain style and stylist help them with that. LMH, when he isn’t acting, is always boyish, cute, and lovely. Look at Lazada ad and choice of colors and style of clothing  :lol:

I don’t know why everyone has problem with LMH’s flower boy image <_< Idols and actors try so hard to gain a certain image through variety shows. LMH doesn’t even need those shows.B) LMH’s image is actually great!! 

I’m happy that LMH is taking such a big challenge and different role, but it has nothing to do with his own image. 

edit: even Non-celebs in SK try to have a certain image which is mostly youthful and innocent looking. In SK, image and face (handsomeness, prettiness) is everything.  

Sorry, I missed this post. I don't think that the flower boy image is good or bad per se, but I think that when a actor/actress is handsome/beautiful is quite common for people to not be able to see beyond the looks. People just typecast these actors in limited roles (for example, as romantic interest) and don't believe in their acting skills. 

For me, LMH is really handsome and good looking, but the thing that attracts me the most is seeing him working on different roles and making all of them believable. I totally loved him in GB, even if that is not the type of films that I watch for leisure, but I loved his acting skills way more that his looks. And I think more people will get to appreciate him as a mature actor and not only as a (very) pretty face thanks to roles like the one in Pachinko.

This role is risky and I am glad that he is going for it. 

• Like 5
  • Unamused 1

20 minutes ago, Missprincesa said:

Sorry, I missed this post. I don't think that the flower boy image is good or bad per se..

There is nothing wrong in being cast as romantic lead but LMH is definitely not flowery. His pretty much a macho this much a know and is certain. Even in Gu Jun-pyo he had more testosterone then a bison bull. His just to manly to ever fall under such category. 

He did Faith which had him play a grown general.. He was a manly Gangster in Gangnam Blues and the same in Bounty Hunters

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Narine Joa said:

There is nothing wrong in being cast as romantic lead but LMH is definitely not flower boy. His pretty much a macho this much a now and is certain. Even in Gu Jun-pyo he had more testosterone then a bison bull. His just to male to ever fall under such category

I thought flower boy was the same as pretty boy/handsome, which is totally compatible with being a macho, but I guess I don't know all the connotations of the expression 

Just now, Missprincesa said:

I thought flower boy was the same as pretty boy/handsome, which is totally compatible with being a macho, but I guess I don't know all the connotations of the expression 

The up said something like men with female features. There is not an ounce of him that is not manly. His just the more extremely manly type. Which is why he could play grown character even in his youth because his manly

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

The up said something like men with female features. There is not an ounce of him that is not manly. His just the more extremely manly type. Which is why he could play grown character even in his youth because his manly

I understood something different for flower boy, not related to female features, so I won't use that expression anymore 

• Like 3