Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Just now, pixie0622 said:

If I may offer my thoughts on why adult Sunja (who’s the main protagonist in the book) is not being talked about: she could be a narrator with story being recalled from her perspective. Maybe it’s one huge flashback being retold by an older Sunja (or her descendant).  After all, the book was acclaimed for being female-centric so I doubt that they will spin it to be all about MH’s character.  

That being said, I hope that MH’s role be strongly dramatic that will set a whole new reputation for him as an actor. His flower boy brand (that’s been over exploited in his millions of CFs) has overshadowed his acting in the eyes of many people, so I’m excited that he’s taking steps to solidify himself as a serious actor. 

I also don’t mind seeing him do 18+ scenes, being a pervy ahjumma myself. After all, our boy is over 30—let him mature too, k :yum:

Welcome back, miss you please post more

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lee Min Ho will be returning with a new acting project—the global video streaming service (OTT) Apple TV+ drama Pachinko (literal translation).

Apple TV+ in the U.S. officially announced the production of the drama Pachinko and named the actor as the lead of its cast, which will be composed of Korean, Japanese, and American actors.

The drama is based on a best-selling novel of the same name written by Korean-American author Lee Min Jin. Set to be distributed globally through Apple TV+, it will be conducted in three languages: Korean, Japanese and English.

Pachinko will feature a total of eight episodes of individual stories penetrated by history on a vast scale and in depth through four generations of Korean immigrant family epic stories. Filming for this global masterpiece will begin on October 26.

Lee Min Ho, who is the drama’s first revealed cast member, plays Han Soo. The character is a merchant who has built up wealth and power with ties to the yakuza. He plays an important role in the context of the story as an opportunist who is faithful to his desires and a mysterious person who pursues a forbidden love with a secret kept from the person he loves.

Portraying a chronicle of war, peace, love and separation as well as victory and ties between Korea, Japan and the U.S, Pachinko will be produced by the production company Media Reds.

The Terror and The Killing television writer Soo Hugh will participate in the series as its main writer, general production and showrunner.  Korean-American director Kogonada (Columbus, After Yang) and director Justin Chon are also confirmed to participate in the production.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, pixie0622 said:

I also don’t mind seeing him do 18+ scenes, being a pervy ahjumma myself. After all, our boy is over 30—let him mature too, k :yum:

Welcome back.. 

Btw @leeminhosny i just found my last username but i dont have the email or log in details. I found it in the legend of the blue sea thread on 2 page. Joannabof 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Just now, Flloy House said:

So what you are telling me is that you found yourself or previous self?

Yes that is exactly what i am saying. And it feels like real TKEM.

I had several usenames that i have lost to time and everytime i went on a prolonged hiatus i lost my email and password upon return so I had to start with a new username you see. 

Its like TKEM different timelines :joy:

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Yes that is exactly what i am saying. And it feels like real TKEM.

I had several usenames that i have lost to time and everytime i went on a prolonged hiatus i lost my email and password upon return so I had to start with a new username you see. 

Its like TKEM different timelines :joy:

Hope your timeline merge again and that you find the real portal to our current universe:D

• LOL 3

I am late to the party! But very glad about the news, the confirmation and the Hansu role!! 

I really like that he is tackling a different kind of role and choosing to play an antihero, because this character can make people forget about his flower boy image and focus in his acting, because he is such an amazing actor and should receive the recognition he deserves. 

Regarding +18 scenes: I think those scenes are quite common in western productions and I don't have any problem with them if they make sense into the story and are well directed and played. For example, the Gangnam Blues scenes were, for my taste, too explicit and I did not like them (not the one with LMH without shirt, that one doesn't qualify as +18), but I think in this production we will see at least one +18 rating scene and it makes sense, I just hope that it is done with taste. 

• Like 10

On 10/21/2020 at 10:42 AM, Narine Joa said:

Good morning. I am finally out of lurking this news has finally reached me. 

I read the wiki details about this AppleTV+ series. I know that they recently produced highly valued content that network which is what makes me excited. I approve this series for him and it is the right step for his career and hopefully he wins Golden Globe and Emmy for this one. 

Aside from that after he has done this one it's time to be selfish and he needs to go back to his roots which is Gangster movies and so far he has done two gangster films and he died in both of them. I wanna see him in a gangster saga movie that runs across multiple films like about 3-4 installments. 

He has truly shined in the romance genre and he has made a name for himself in that genre but I have always felt he has an energy about himself which allows him to enter such characters flawlessly and his always more at home with anti-heros and villiany characters

This is my exact sentiment regarding Lee Min Ho. His always been an actor whos at home with darker roles and villiany type but he just so happens to have the right amount of energy and intensity to succeed in romance genre which has made him the actor he is today and that we cherish this much but his always been that villainy lenient actor. He also has the right amount of coolness and flashiness that goes with it which makes it easy for him to execute such roles and he also has the menacing figure and height for it couple with his pentrating eyes his a wall and domineering male presence  

• Like 11
  • Awesome 2

14 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

This is my exact sentiment regarding Lee Min Ho. His always been an actor whos at home with darker roles and villiany type but he just so happens to have the right amount of energy and intensity to succeed in romance genre which has made him the actor he is today and that we cherish this much but his always been that villainy lenient actor. He also has the right amount of coolness and flashiness that goes with it which makes it easy for him to execute such roles and he also has the menacing figure and height for it couple with his pentrating eyes his a wall and domineering male presence  

I wrote that actully before I knew he was gonna play Hansu. It was not exactly a prediction but it somehow worked out as I wanted. I agree with everything you said by the way 

• Like 8

I am late to the party but these celebrations will be on for a long time now.

My eyes welled up on reading Pachinko news..as we have been waiting for so long...it felt like a hard earned trophy and it made me so emotional.

LMH is gonna rock the role n I am so so happy that he is playing a grayish character. It was my wish n it seems like it s gonna be fulfilled.

Thanks everyone for all updates n quick infos.

Hail LMH and all Minoz:heart3:

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Wiggle 1

47 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

8 minutes ago, rubyminho said:

I am late to the party but these celebrations will be on for a long time now.

My eyes welled up on reading Pachinko news..as we have been waiting for so long...it felt like a hard earned trophy and it made me so emotional.

LMH is gonna rock the role n I am so so happy that he is playing a grayish character. It was my wish n it seems like it s gonna be fulfilled.

Thanks everyone for all updates n quick infos.

Hail LMH and all Minoz:heart3:

To all those who read the book @msdot@Layali@HeretorantDoes Hansu have a strong presence throughout the novel? Does he have enough screen time to make himself felt? I read Wikipedia and he seems to be in the background just watching not out in front and participating like Sunja.

I feel that in many American series, it is the story that succeeds more than the characters themselves, few like Breaking Bad, you see the character stand out.  Of all the many American series that I have watched, none stood out that I cared about or rooted for.  Can you name some American series where you rooted for the male lead or female lead?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Flloy House said:

You nailed it. Especially his penetrating eyes 

• Like 4

Read this comment from the Soompi article that was posted today

"Hansu wasn't pure when it came to love. He beat a prostitute bloody disfiguring her face in that book, he was Yakuja and his connection is to Noah more than Sunja. Also, this novel is about Sunja......the biggest eye roll was the fact that Mojasu, a Korean born to two Korean parents in Japan will be played by a Japanese actor."

• Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, CallieP said:

To all those who read the book @msdot@Layali@HeretorantDoes Hansu have a strong presence throughout the novel? Does he have enough screen time to make himself felt? I read Wikipedia and he seems to be in the background just watching not out in front and participating like Sunja.

I feel that in many American series, it is the story that succeeds more than the characters themselves, few like Breaking Bad, you see the character stand out.  Of all the many American series that I have watched, none stood out that I cared about or rooted for.  Can you name some American series where you rooted for the male lead or female lead?

They announce drama with LMH's name. How can Hansu background? Even he is İN book background, apparently Hansu will be main character in drama 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Im curious as to how they will adapt this novel. I started reading and right now Hansu is nowhere to be seen, because Sunja is married to Isak. But again, im not even 1/3 of the book. My guess is, Hansu will be prominent in the beginning, and then it will be about Isak and Sunja's life and then we are moving on to Mosuza and Solomon lives. Hansu might show up here and there after his few prominant episode. So the leads will have 2-3 episode where they are prominent. And the story will be from Sunja POV. I would hate if they change the story from Female to male centric, in our social climate right now especially us in the US would know, how changing female to male centric would not be good PR. 

OR this might be plan for 2-3 seasons. We don't know, we are still at the very beginning.

I know that the news about LMH is in the craze right now, and i think it's because he has the most following out of all the actors. And to me no matter how many episode he will be in, he would still considered as the lead. Guys, let's be ok IF, turn out that LMH won't be on every episode. Remember this is a US drama, this is still big for LMH and he is playing a grey/controversial character. Remember how we wish that He could at least do a Cameo? but we got a co leading role in a big Production.

Or, maybe he will be in every episode :).

All i really care about is, when i see KO hansu, i see ko hansu and not LMH. I want however many episode we see Ko Hansu will be a memorable ones. I'm still in the beginning of the book and my impression of Ko Hansu is not good. The way he seduced young sanju is a bit uncomfortable for me. very sleezy is the word i have .And, unlike other, i don't see LMH playing this role, Which mean this is really good, because he is trying something very different. I like it and soo excited for him.

18 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Yes, most american series really focus on the story and  Breaking bad is definitely one of the few drama that's heavily invested in the character development

32 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Read this comment from the Soompi article that was posted today

"Hansu wasn't pure when it came to love. He beat a prostitute bloody disfiguring her face in that book, he was Yakuja and his connection is to Noah more than Sunja. Also, this novel is about Sunja......the biggest eye roll was the fact that Mojasu, a Korean born to two Korean parents in Japan will be played by a Japanese actor."

I heard that He did beat a women, and from listening to the writer's point of View, she said it was hard writing that part of the story, but it was what needed to happen because it was another story to show another layer of Hansu since he is tied to the Yakuza

• Like 10
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, Flloy House said:

The Terror and The Killing television writer Soo Hugh will participate in the series as its main writer, general production and showrunner. 

Both of these series are dark, foreboding and psychological, which I love.  Maybe Pachinko will be more similar to The Terror both in terms of the intermingling of languages and the cinematography/ production design.  The Terror was shot so well that you could almost feel and taste the atmosphere.  The writing was also tight and flawless. 

It’s only been a day since the announcement and here we are chingus, already putting together the whole series which may or may not premiere next year. Excited much? :poledance:

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2