Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

2 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Ahh some Korean really small minded some doesn't want this drama they want LMH just for Korea :lol:

hahah!! they feel like LMH is being taken away from them... they deserve those Makjang dramas. lol 

So happy LMH will be doing something different... enough of sbs dramas!!

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 2

6 minutes ago, Miss Pizza said:

@Heretorant agreed with you chingu,

i just read the wiki so far lol, if LMH confirm then i really have to read the novel.. Hahah

Even from the wiki I think its between Noa and Hansu. But from the article, the way they describe the character its more towards Noa I think...

Urghhh, when will MYM confirm??

I am reading the Wiki too.  A story of few generations.      It's either Hansu or Noa, but Noa committed suicide.  Koh Hansu is powerful - maybe this role?     Wonder who will be playing Sunja?

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 2

1 minute ago, Min2206 said:

I am reading the Wiki too.  A story of few generations.      It's either Hansu or Noa, but Noa committed suicide.  Koh Hansu is powerful - maybe this role?     Wonder who will be playing Sunja?

the articles emphasize LMH as the main character of the drama.. I think the script writer will make some changes,, 

which character is most well-written one??

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

I think there might huge possibility they made changes, it usually like that whenever they adapt from novel,

It seems in novel the story is from Sunja pov? Am i correct chingu?@Heretorant cause i havent read it yet...

maybe in drama they might change to Noa pov? 

Hmmmmm.....

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 3

3 minutes ago, Miss Pizza said:

I think there might huge possibility they made changes, it usually like that whenever they adapt from novel,

It seems in novel the story is from Sunja pov? Am i correct chingu?@Heretorant cause i havent read it yet...

Hmmmmm.....

yes, usually the production companies make some changes and they change the perspective from which the story will be told..

The articles say LMH will be the main character (instead of saying the male lead).. so the story will be from his POV 

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 2

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/pachinko-tv-series-works-at-apple-1132664

August 07, 2018 10:00am PT by Lesley Goldberg

'Pachinko' TV Series in the Works at Apple (Exclusive)

Writer and showrunner Soo Hugh has also inked a two-year deal with studio Media Res as part of the pact for the series.

As Crazy Rich Asians is preparing for its historic box-office opening, Apple is taking a big swing with an international drama series featuring its own largely Asian cast.

Following a multiple-outlet bidding war, the tech giant has landed rights to develop the project based on Min Jin Lee's best-selling novel Pachinko. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the drama landed at Apple with a sizable script-to-series commitment. 

Pachinko, one of The New York Times' 10 best books of 2017 and a finalist for the National Book Award for fiction, chronicles the hopes and dreams of four generations of a Korean immigrant family. Described as epic in scope, the story begins with a forbidden romance and crescendos into a sweeping saga that journeys between Korea, Japan and America. The Apple drama, which comes with what is said to be a sizable premium show budget akin to Netflix's The Crown, will be told in three languages: Korean, Japanese and English.

Soo Hugh (who oversaw on season one of AMC's The Terror) will pen the script for Apple as well as executive produce and serve as showrunner on the likely series. Pachinko hails from Michael Ellenberg's Media Res, which is behind Apple's upcoming Reese Witherspoon-Jennifer Aniston morning show drama and was the tech giant's entry into the scripted space. Author Lee will also be credited as an executive producer on the Apple take.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 5

If MYM has the intention of verifying and confirming LMH’s casting while I’m asleep, then they should know I don’t have the intention of sleeping for now.. unless my brain overpowers my emotions and make me sleep lol  

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Wiggle 1

16 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:
19 minutes ago, Miss Pizza said:

Hmmmmm.....

Expand  

yes, usually the production companies make some changes and they change the perspective from which the story will be told..

The articles say LMH will be the main character (instead of saying the male lead).. so the story will be from his POV 

In my honest opinion, I don’t see why they would change the story from female centric to male centric, especially in this day and age. Instead, they might broaden the focus and give balance to all characters. Of course, I’m all for lmh so I would love it if he’s the main main character but I can see why some might be angry if they completely change the story to focus on a male. Lmh aside, I enjoy shows with strong female leads more. Of course, I’m greedy so I want a bigger role for him but I’ll be willing to accept it if he has to share the screen with other actors. I’m just thrilled at the possibility of him taking part of Panchinko. I could not have asked for a better story! :D

• Like 8
  • Wiggle 4

13 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

If MYM has the intention of verifying and confirming LMH’s casting while I’m asleep, then they should know I don’t have the intention of sleeping for now.. unless my brain overpowers my emotions and make me sleep lol  

Ahh I didn't sleep today :tears:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Wiggle 3

23 minutes ago, Miss Pizza said:

Hmmmmm.....

Alrighty @Miss Pizza Looking forward to the adaptation - LMH must have read and approve it, I hope.

17 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/pachinko-tv-series-works-at-apple-1132664

August 07, 2018 10:00am PT by Lesley Goldberg

'Pachinko' TV Series in the Works at Apple (Exclusive)

Writer and showrunner Soo Hugh has also inked a two-year deal with studio Media Res as part of the pact for the series.

As Crazy Rich Asians is preparing for its historic box-office opening, Apple is taking a big swing with an international drama series featuring its own largely Asian cast.

Following a multiple-outlet bidding war, the tech giant has landed rights to develop the project based on Min Jin Lee's best-selling novel Pachinko. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the drama landed at Apple with a sizable script-to-series commitment. 

Pachinko, one of The New York Times' 10 best books of 2017 and a finalist for the National Book Award for fiction, chronicles the hopes and dreams of four generations of a Korean immigrant family. Described as epic in scope, the story begins with a forbidden romance and crescendos into a sweeping saga that journeys between Korea, Japan and America. The Apple drama, which comes with what is said to be a sizable premium show budget akin to Netflix's The Crown, will be told in three languages: Korean, Japanese and English.

Soo Hugh (who oversaw on season one of AMC's The Terror) will pen the script for Apple as well as executive produce and serve as showrunner on the likely series. Pachinko hails from Michael Ellenberg's Media Res, which is behind Apple's upcoming Reese Witherspoon-Jennifer Aniston morning show drama and was the tech giant's entry into the scripted space. Author Lee will also be credited as an executive producer on the Apple take.

Once again, thanks @gtLmh0622  for posting this interesting bits !    It's going to be EPIC !   LMH sure know what he is doing - I am impressed with his choice!

Reception and awards - from wiki

The book received strong reviews including those from The Guardian,[5] NPR,[6] The New York Times,[7] The Sydney Morning Herald,[8] The Irish Times,[9] and Kirkus Reviews[10] and is on the "Best Fiction of 2017" lists from Esquire,[11] Chicago Review of Books,[12] Amazon.com,[13] Entertainment Weekly,[citation needed] the BBC,[14] The Guardian,[15] and Book Riot.[16] In a Washington Post interview, writer Roxane Gay called Pachinko her favorite book of 2017.[17] The book was named by The New York Times as one of the 10 Best Books of 2017.[18]

Pachinko was a 2017 finalist for the National Book Award for fiction.[19]

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 3