Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

20 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

Can you guess which character will LMH play??

I can’t decide which he will play. I’m wondering if they will follow the book strictly. There are only a few prominent male characters so there’s only a handful to choose from. If he plays someone younger, I believe it’ll be Noa but if someone older, I believe it’ll be Hansu. I think he matches to play those particular characters more. He just doesn’t seem like an Isak to me. 

Of the two, Hansu is the controversial choice. I think some fans will not like it :lol:

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, SophieH said:

there's a post in DC gallery, some said the Production period is from October to April of next year..korea & canada ....(not sure how true !!) 

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=694647&_rk=eYK&page=1

A Weibo post stated that "Pachinko" will be produced as movie scale and scheduled to be filmed outside Seoul in Korea in Nov. ~ Dec.
Production company : Media Res
Script Writerr : Soo Hugh
Director : Kwok, Kim (Don't know the exact Korean name)

Spoiler

(Pachinko)以电影规模制作,制作公司:Media Res,编剧:Soo Hugh,导演:郭共达、金知泰。作为时代剧,暂定11~12月在韩国首都圈外进行拍摄

If it will be started to film next month, he definitely accepted the offer already, right ?

• Like 10
  • Wiggle 3

130981-880832.jpg

Lee Min Ho enters into American dramas! Acting as the male protagonist of the TV series "Pachinko" adapted from a best-selling novel by a Korean American writer

Spoiler

This time he is no longer rich!

seriously now?! :wacko:

Hallyu star Lee Min Ho will release another new work soon! This time, he will collaborate with APPLE TV+ in the United States to launch the TV series "Pachinko" based on the Japanese occupation era. This work is also adapted from the novel of the same name by the Korean-American writer Lee Min-jeong, describing the blood and tears of Koreans in a foreign land.

Actor Lee Min Ho may play the protagonist of the local TV series "Pachinko" produced by the American APPLE TV+. With Kpop’s idol BTS and Blackpink’s outstanding performance in the US billboards, Hallyu continues to have a strong influence globally. APPLE TV+, which has a large distribution network around the world, will also promote Hallyu in the global entertainment market, inviting Hallyu representative star Lee Min Ho to collaborate with.

Lee Min Ho will be participating in the performance of the American drama "Pachinko", which is an adaptation of the novel of the same name written by Korean American writer Lee Min-jeong. The novel was selected as the work of the year in 2017. Ma Kuang recommended this book on SNS as a "fascinating book", so the degree of discussion has risen.

Lee Min Ho may perform the hard life of Korean immigrants who immigrated to Japan or the United States after the Japanese occupation period, and the Koreans who stood up again during such hard years. The production of the TV series will be 8 episodes, and most of the actors will also invite Asian actors to perform. With the lead role of Lee Min Ho, this TV series will become a sensation before the performance, which has caused Lee Min Ho fans around the world to look forward to it.

The global entertainment market has been particularly interested in Korean stories and Hallyu stars in recent years, including the K-zombie craze "Kingdom", and the TVN pink drama "Crash Landing on You" with a background in South and North Korea. Lee Min Ho has strong subscribers on FB, IG, Twitter, etc., with fans all over the world. His last work "The King: Eternal Monarch" was also broadcasted worldwide through Netflix, ranking among the top Korean dramas on the platform. This time he will perform the role with a difficult background, should escape from the image of nobleness in the past, but also makes people look forward to Lee Min Ho's acting transformation.

https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/130981

• Like 8
  • Wiggle 5

1 minute ago, Min2206 said:

@JoannaID  I too have to stop my AAA activities, so busy collecting hearts for tonight!   Let it be short, better 8 episodes that none :D  if he accepts it. 

@Heretorant Welcome back, Chingu!   LMH shall be the lead, as always!

And thanks for all the updates today.  What a wonderful Monday today!

Wiggling with you @Nikaa94

You are a very dedicated Minoz chingu @Min2206 

We'll still keep fighting for AAA tonight!!

OMG, this is a very happy day indeed for Minoz, we got big news when we least expected it!

Looks like this will be a highly critically acclaimed project! 

LMH really knows what he's doing, TKEM received lots of hate but it managed to elevate his career and popularity into the next level. He got big brand ambassadorship deal and now this first Hollywood / AppleTV drama project (goodbye SBS...)

THIS IS JUST SO AWESOME!!!

Haters and naysayers can all choke, LOL.

:rickroll:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Wiggle 5

2 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

A Weibo post stated that "Pachinko" will be produced as movie scale and scheduled to be filmed outside Seoul in Korea in Nov. ~ Dec.

Thanks for the link @SophieH  and @gtLmh0622  - a movie?

@Aleumdaun must be busy with the AAA collecting hearts.   :D

@Nikaa94   King LMH is going to reign Hollywood now.    This project is big!     He will be speaking in English? 

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 5

4 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I can’t decide which he will play. I’m wondering if they will follow the book strictly. There are only a few prominent male characters so there’s only a handful to choose from. If he plays someone younger, I believe it’ll be Noa but if someone older, I believe it’ll be Hansu. I think he matches to play those particular characters more. He just doesn’t seem like an Isak to me. 

Of the two, Hansu is the controversial choice. I think some fans will not like it :lol:

ohh, I see....

I’m so curious which character he will play...  there are times production companies don’t follow the books when producing shows based on a novel. We have to wait and see...

they might make some changes in the drama....

I want the best character for him

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 3

7 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Hide contents

(Pachinko)以电影规模制作,制作公司:Media Res,编剧:Soo Hugh,导演:郭共达、金知泰。作为时代剧,暂定11~12月在韩国首都圈外进行拍摄

so the script writer is different..Who is he/she? 

OMG, I have so many questions 

thanks for the information :heart1:

====

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1730031/
the script writer 

7 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

OMG, this is a very happy day indeed for Minoz, we got big news when we least expected it!

LMH really knows what he's doing, TKEM received lots of hate but it managed to elevate his career and popularity into the next level. He got big brand ambassadorship deal and now this first Hollywood / AppleTV drama project (goodbye SBS...)

:rickroll:

Yes, say it louder!!!!:evilelmo:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 5

13 minutes ago, JoannaID said:

Yes, a very happy Monday @JoannaID  LOL, are you watching the Ads from the apps ?   I am LOL  - am saving hearts for LMH while typing and reading all the updates.   I dunno how long I can keep up on the ADRENALIN RUSH every NIGHT.

I echo you on the above (orange text).  LMH knows WHAT he is doing.  He is a strategist who has strong, original plans or visions about how things might be different in the future.    He has proven his critics wrong!

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 5

1 minute ago, gtLmh0622 said:

No, drama, just said the drama's scale or scope will be as big as a movie.

https://underthedome.fandom.com/wiki/Soo_Hugh

Thanks for the info @gtLmh0622  - got so mixed up and excited this morning.  So much to read, to digest.  
@Nikaa94 you are right in saying we will be hyper when announcement of LMH's possible projects is out!   Look at the thread.   It's buzzing!  
:2540_meh:

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 4

1 minute ago, Min2206 said:

Thanks for the info @gtLmh0622  - got so mixed up and excited this morning.  So much to read, to digest.  
@Nikaa94 you are right in saying we will be hyper when announcement of LMH's possible projects is out!   Look at the thread.   It's buzzing!  

yes yes yes superrrrr hypeedddddd 

LMH might have accepted the offer months ago and have been preparing for his role if the filming will start in Oct or November 

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 5

17 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

@Heretorant agreed with you chingu,

i just read the wiki so far lol, if LMH confirm then i really have to read the novel.. Hahah

Even from the wiki I think its between Noa and Hansu. But from the article, the way they describe the character its more towards Noa I think...

Urghhh, when will MYM confirm??

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 4

LMH has been preparing for his role in the past 4 months and I think he will start filming soon... 

wow!!! LMH has been surprising us...

if the filming starts soon, then we don’t have to wait and wait for him to film... this is such a pleasant surprise 

Just now, leeminhosny said:

So If it is true Soo hugh The Killing PD or what?

She is the writer, who is the Pd ??

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 4