Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

LMH IG Update!

Finally!:P

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this.  LMH just posted the pictures an hour ago with a caption - " Last fall " -  Ye, Fall in Korea is ending soon since we're on the last week now of November............. Winter comes in soon. Autumn/fall months in Korea are from September-November. :P

• Like 3

On 11/10/2019 at 7:41 PM, CarolynH said:

cr:  

ICE Beyond_MinoBoiz_ICE

It's on ondemandkorea.com

Does anyone remember, was it only an hour?  I thought it was longer.

The week after we start Mackerel Run, which I started but never finished.  Has anyone watched all 8 ep?

Yes, I have watched all 8 episodes a few times actually. I find LMH quite good there. There are some silly scenes but that is the director and can't blame LMH for that.

• Like 4

Fan account - 静音mino. (Partial translation)

EKFXqbXVAAAXu8x?format=jpg&name=900x900

EKHNO42VAAAmjB4?format=jpg&name=900x900

EKHNO43U0AERUPJ?format=jpg&name=900x900

20191120~20191122, three days diary for visiting filming location of "The King".
Being a fan of Lee Min Ho, the accurate answer is "worthy".

Day 1.

When I just arrived the filming location, oppa walked slowly toward me, my eyes caught him among a group of people immediately, although it is a familiar face, but I still sighed "how come there is a such good looking man in the world."

Waved to him, he replied you a shy smile, called him, he answered "nei", sweet but like a prince. He had very good relationship with the whole team, heard his special laughter very often.

The most heart fluttering moment. When the filming was completed, many fans stood along two sides of the street under ginkgo trees. He walked toward us and chatting with his team members, and then he replied our enthusiasm, stared each of us. I was standing at the end of the line, I waved to him and called him oppa, he walked to me with bodyguards and stretched out his hand toward me, I was shocked and hurried to hold his hand and stammered out 감사합니다 (thank you), he smiled and got on his car, all other fans shouted "Wawoo !!" God knows how I felt at that time, I only knew the sound like thousand of bees in my brain and my heart was attacked.........being a fan of Lee Min Ho, the accurate answer is "worthy".

Day 2.

The team members imitated Minoz to shout "Wawoo" and applauded him, he was shy but laughed and capered to the scene.
Lots of fans got handshakes with Minho, me too. Oppa is very very kind to his fans.

Day 3.

There are fences and walls at the filming location, oppa's car was at the back door. After the rest time, only few steps from his car returned to the scene, but every time our heartwarming oppa chose to the far way from the front door and walked slowly that we could follow him. He used his own way to feedback to us.

When the filming was at the yard, we couldn't see him thoroughly because there were blocks. But when the filming stopped, he walked out a while that we could see him at 360 degrees.

I can't describe everything, but every moment is cherish when I remember those days. His everything is deeply in my head and I can love him more thousand years. It's very hard for visiting the filming location, but because of Lee Min Ho, everything became wonderful and worthy.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20191120~20191122, three days diary for visiting filming location of "The King".
Being a fan of Lee Min Ho, the accurate answer is "worthy".

Day 1.

When I just arrived the filming location, oppa walked slowly toward me, my eyes caught him among a group of people immediately, although it is a familiar face, but I still sighed "how come there is a such good looking man in the world."

Waved to him, he replied you a shy smile, called him, he answered "nei", sweet but like a prince. He had very good relationship with the whole team, heard his special laughter very often.

Wow, this would be a good time to go to SK, visit the filming site and get to see LMH. At least you know where to find him, like when he was at Suseo during his two years with the military. The fall colors are gorgeous.

Anyone owns LMH DMZ DVD?  I am thinking of buying this video but I need it with English Subtitles. Thanks!

DMZ Episode 1

Spoiler

Watching the DMZ, I forgot that the first episode has a lot of LMH, compared to some of the later episodes. It is such a bonus. It is really interesting to watch the real LMH not a drama. I can imagine him thinking why did I agree to do this, I could be killed by a land mine. It is so cold and painful. It is suffering at times. Yet what he got out of the experience after all the hardship is something unforgettable . I like that he is narrating and , the landscape is beautiful but you can see that it is brutal and cold. The strong winds, sitting and waiting for 6 hours in the cold, cold food and water. Must be unpleasant yet his ice gimbap tasted delicious to him. He is really a positive person and for him to do this difficult documentary, shows his determination and sense of adventure but yet at times he would think what did I agree to do??? He is so sweet. Makes one admire him more. I thoroughly enjoyed this documentary.

Wow driving across a frozen river.I like seeing him playing in the snow, sliding down his bag and ripping it (Ha!)

He said he hiked his lifetime quota of mountains all in one year. A lot of high elevation trekking and hiking. Must be tough especially with his bad leg.

It must be so hard for LMH to get up in the middle of the night to do his shift, knowing how he loves to sleep and it is so cold. You really feel for him. Lots of top stars would probably act up but he does his shift even though it was not easy. All the hard work paid off for the crew as they filmed the wild goat mating and with their little babies. Lots of dedication for documentary filming. Tough job. Lots of respect for LMH.

The birds richard simmons on LMH, yikes, he must really hate the poop on him. I would too. Ha! Ha!

The spoonbills are so majestic. LMH is so enthusiastic by his experience. He makes a good representative for the documentary. You really see brutality, competition, fights and death on the island. Survival of the fittest. It is just so unnerving to see life and death based on combat and strength and make me thing of humans too being similar to these birds, fighting for their place in society. We are all part of nature and its brutality.

The birds start to attack, reminds me of the Alfred Hitchcock movie, the Birds. Poor LMH. He feels so sad for the baby birds too and want to protect them.

It was hard to see LMH struggling up the stairs and in body armor. Those stairs are brutal and must hurt his leg.  At least he made the effort. Must be really fit and trained for that strenuous activity. His leg is definitely not strong enough for tough military service. He once said that his leg hurts when the weather changes. Poor Min Ho, so shocked to see a wild boar eating its own kind from a herbivore to a carnivore and a cannibal.

Thoroughly enjoyed the documentary

• Like 6

cr:  Monika Setiono

Spoiler

DMZ ep 2

Thanks @CallieP for your comments.

It was hard to watch the episode because it kept freezing and/or buffering, so I missed parts when I walked away.

This is the episode where LMH makes eye contact with the wild boar. I couldn't watch the snake devour the rat. I have to admit the the piglets were cute, but not real fond of the adults.  Poor little piglet that was abandoned and died.  I couldn't watch the male boar eat the dead piglet, even though I know it's nature.  Did you notice those stationed in the military filming LMH as he passed them?  It's nice to know it's not only us females haha.  I got a good laugh at LMH being grossed out with the bird poop. But poor baby bird being pecked by the other birds.

I wish that LMH narrated more in this episode.  i wonder how it was decided what sections LMH would narrate.  

@Callie P :  Did you check the ondemandkorea shop?  Maybe the video with Eng sub is available.

RIP Goo Hara, LMH's co-star in CH:bawling:

• Like 5

About the Korean Wave.

Korean pop culture is popular abroad.

Lee Min-ho is one of top Korean wave stars whom fans in Thailand, Turkey, want to meet. In the Global Korean wave trend 2019, he also tops the list of Favorite Korean actors (8.6%).

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=kwan80&logNo=221714471343&referrerCode=0

Song Hye Kyo recently stormed the hearts of people when she re-uploaded a photo of her with short hair, taken for W magazine in 2009. Short-haired Hye Kyo makes netizens liken her to the handsome Lee Min Ho because they have many similar features.

EKM8RppUYAAD33z.jpg

http://m.tiin.vn/chuyen-muc/dep/song-hye-kyo-khi-de-toc-ngan-ngun-nguoi-khen-dep-nguoi-keu-nam-tinh-tham-chi-con-giong-lee-min-ho.html

There are several KDrama whose main players look very attractive because both the female and male actors have towering height.

Heo Joon Jae & Shim Chung - Legend of the Blue Sea

The couple who played in the drama Legend of the Blue Sea is one of the most legendary couples in the world of KDrama, because the collaboration between Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun for Heo Joon Jae and Shim Chung's characters has indeed been anticipated long before its official airing.

Both are likened to kings and queens of KDrama, so it's no wonder their visuals look so harmonious when combined in one screen. Their height is no less awesome! Lee Min Ho has a body reaching 187 cm, and Jun Ji Hyun has a height of about 173 cm.

original-db33327366d99bdf739ecd8baa6c48e

https://www.idntimes.com/hype/entertainment/muna-waroh/couple-tiang-listrik-kdrama-c1c2/full

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Filming completed at midnight of 20191126. cr. 泡泡的卷心菜.

According to her Weibo post, his voice saying thank you in Chinese was sooo sweet. The persimmon was given him as a gift. He stretched his hand to take my Lotte bag, he thought that was given him as well. :joy:

EKWuY9hU4AIqlnA?format=jpg&name=medium

EKWuY9GU4AEquos?format=jpg&name=medium

EKWuY9NU8AIF0RW?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 4

On 11/25/2019 at 1:00 AM, CallieP said:

Wow, this would be a good time to go to SK, visit the filming site and get to see LMH. At least you know where to find him, like when he was at Suseo during his two years with the military. The fall colors are gorgeous.

Anyone owns LMH DMZ DVD?  I am thinking of buying this video but I need it with English Subtitles. Thanks!

DMZ Episode 1

Reveal hidden contents

Watching the DMZ, I forgot that the first episode has a lot of LMH, compared to some of the later episodes. It is such a bonus. It is really interesting to watch the real LMH not a drama. I can imagine him thinking why did I agree to do this, I could be killed by a land mine. It is so cold and painful. It is suffering at times. Yet what he got out of the experience after all the hardship is something unforgettable . I like that he is narrating and , the landscape is beautiful but you can see that it is brutal and cold. The strong winds, sitting and waiting for 6 hours in the cold, cold food and water. Must be unpleasant yet his ice gimbap tasted delicious to him. He is really a positive person and for him to do this difficult documentary, shows his determination and sense of adventure but yet at times he would think what did I agree to do??? He is so sweet. Makes one admire him more. I thoroughly enjoyed this documentary.

Wow driving across a frozen river.I like seeing him playing in the snow, sliding down his bag and ripping it (Ha!)

He said he hiked his lifetime quota of mountains all in one year. A lot of high elevation trekking and hiking. Must be tough especially with his bad leg.

It must be so hard for LMH to get up in the middle of the night to do his shift, knowing how he loves to sleep and it is so cold. You really feel for him. Lots of top stars would probably act up but he does his shift even though it was not easy. All the hard work paid off for the crew as they filmed the wild goat mating and with their little babies. Lots of dedication for documentary filming. Tough job. Lots of respect for LMH.

The birds richard simmons on LMH, yikes, he must really hate the poop on him. I would too. Ha! Ha!

The spoonbills are so majestic. LMH is so enthusiastic by his experience. He makes a good representative for the documentary. You really see brutality, competition, fights and death on the island. Survival of the fittest. It is just so unnerving to see life and death based on combat and strength and make me thing of humans too being similar to these birds, fighting for their place in society. We are all part of nature and its brutality.

The birds start to attack, reminds me of the Alfred Hitchcock movie, the Birds. Poor LMH. He feels so sad for the baby birds too and want to protect them.

It was hard to see LMH struggling up the stairs and in body armor. Those stairs are brutal and must hurt his leg.  At least he made the effort. Must be really fit and trained for that strenuous activity. His leg is definitely not strong enough for tough military service. He once said that his leg hurts when the weather changes. Poor Min Ho, so shocked to see a wild boar eating its own kind from a herbivore to a carnivore and a cannibal.

Thoroughly enjoyed the documentary

Hi Callie, why don't you try YesAsia or eBay for the DVD? I always get my K-stuff there. :P

• Like 3

Ok, I have this dumb question. In the heading of this thread, Lee Min Ho's name is listed in three different sets of characters:

이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬

I know the first one is in Hangul. I assume the last one is in Hanja (using Chinese characters?).  But what's the one in the middle? And here's another one. The older style of Korean writing, using Chinese characters, did the Koreans use the characters but give them different meanings in Korean? Or did they essentially write in Chinese?  Thanks!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, msdot said:

Ok, I have this dumb question. In the heading of this thread, Lee Min Ho's name is listed in three different sets of characters:

이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬

I know the first one is in Hangul. I assume the last one is in Hanja (using Chinese characters?).  But what's the one in the middle? And here's another one. The older style of Korean writing, using Chinese characters, did the Koreans use the characters but give them different meanings in Korean? Or did they essentially write in Chinese?  Thanks!

HI @msdot  The characters in the middle are Japanese.  

@gtLmh0622:  That is funny that LMH tried to take the Lotte bag.  BTW, what does "nei" mean.  Yes?  Hi? Yo?  Mr google doesn't translate that word.

There is an interesting article in dramabeans about how people fell down the rabbit hole (watching kdramas).  Not surprisingly, the gateway drama for many was BOF.  There's some negative comments about LMH, but not as many as there typically would be anytime he is mentioned or his picture appears.  

Happy Thanksgiving to my US chingus!

ep 3 of the DMZ this week!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, msdot said:

The older style of Korean writing, using Chinese characters, did the Koreans use the characters but give them different meanings in Korean? Or did they essentially write in Chinese?  

Chinese characters used in Korean are totally as same as in Chinese. Those Chinese characters in Faith or LOTBS, I can fully understand the meanings.
My company had a sub-company in Korea 20 years ago, they had sent engineers to my company for training, the names shown on their name cards were Chinese characters. But now it's rare to see they use Chinese characters. But they have names in Chinese characters in their household certificate. All K-star's Chinese names are based on their companies' verification, LMH's name was "李明浩" in the early times, and was corrected to "李敏鎬" being his registered name instead of transliteration.

There's voice in Korean said that Korea should not abolish Hanja thus they can thoroughly communicate with China/HK/Taiwan even Singapore in writing and that's very advantageous in business.

Actually there are lots of Korean sounds similar to Chinese, especially the words used in Law/Medicine/Politics are transliteration from Hanja.

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

BTW, what does "nei" mean.  Yes?  Hi? Yo?  Mr google doesn't translate that word.

I think it's yes that used to answer friends or close persons.

• Like 1