Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

TV era ended almost, I think probably we can see LMH's next drama on Disney, Netflix, HBO etc.:lol: We needn't worry about rating. Probably big names will go big OTT. I understand because even TVN latest dramas rating aren't well (even though popular names) JTBC 's last drama rating %1-%2 .

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

@Nikaa94, thanks for sharing the filming location. Andong Hahoe Village is a traditional village from the Joseon Dynasty. The village is a valuable part of Korean culture because it preserves Joseon period-style architecture. This is only open for tourist during Sat & Sun. Andong Hahoe is the most traditional folk village of South Korea.  :blush: I've been to this place & it's NICE.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Wiggle 1

Min morning/evening/night Minoz 

i have gotten hold of a copy of ‘Pachinko’.. thanks to our wonderful public libraries here. I was not expecting it this soon, so now I am on the fence about reading it .. would it spoil the drama for me? Or would it add more meaning to it? 

What is your opinion lovely Minoz?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 4

13 minutes ago, Aleumdaun said:

i have gotten hold of a copy of ‘Pachinko’.. thanks to our wonderful public libraries here. I was not expecting it this soon, so now I am on the fence about reading it .. would it spoil the drama for me? Or would it add more meaning to it? 

spoil spoil :smooches3::getmygrooveon:

Read it and imagine LMH acting :evilelmo:

@Aleumdaun DM me and spoil it for me too if you get spoiled :approves:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

4 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

so we only her voice?   Good! :approves:

Maybe Kim Min Ha she can also play the older one (30s)  as well, just like The Notebook’s Rachel McAdams perhaps( who also played the younger Allie) ? Then elder one maybe  the grandmother might be casted too..

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Joojix said:

Maybe Kim Min Ha she can also play the older one (30s)  as well, just like The Notebook’s Rachel McAdams perhaps( who also played the younger Allie) ? Then elder one maybe  the grandmother might be casted too...

honestly, I don’t know what to say about Miss Rookie Minha :fiercebunny:

I’m curious how it will turn out, they gave us so little information, when will our drama be released? What month? I wanna know if LMH will be in all episodes or not. 

• Like 5

https://www.laineygossip.com/production-apples-adaptation-min-jin-lees-book-pachinko-began-yesterday-south-korea-intro-october-27-2020/67342

tmb_730x450_pachinko-open-27oct20.jpg

Intro for October 27, 2020

Lainey
Posted by Lainey
on 2020/10/27 at 9:00 PM

Dear Gossips, 

In 2017, Min Jin Lee’s Pachinko was released to critical acclaim, regarded as one of the best books of the year.

Roxane Gay named it her favourite book of 2017. In August 2018, after a bidding war involving multiple outlets, Apple acquired the rights to adapt the book to series with showrunner Soo Hugh writing the script and executive producing in partnership with production company Media Res, the same company that co-produces The Morning Show, with Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon. The Pachinko deal is big – reportedly with a budget similar to The Crown. And it has to be because Panchinko is a sweeping story that will be told in Korean, Japanese, and English about four generations of a Korean family and takes place in Korea, Japan, and the US. 

After two years of development, Panchinko began production yesterday in South Korea featuring an all-Asian cast. Kogonada (who directed Jon Cho in the gorgeous 2017 film Columbus) will direct four episodes and Justin Chon has also committed to directing. As for the actors, the biggest name on the list right now is Lee Min-ho. If you’re into Korean dramas, I know you know Lee Min-ho, likely from Boys Over Flowers, The Heirs, or more recently The King: Eternal Monarch (currently streaming on Netflix). He may not be a household name in the west, but Lee Min-ho is a huge deal in East Asia and recently became the first Korean celebrity to hit 20 million followers on Instagram and Facebook. For more on the actors cast in Pachinko, check out Variety’s report last week.

Over the years, Netflix has been steadily building up its East Asian library and while this doesn’t make headlines in North America or the UK, this library is one of the reasons it’s become such a dominant global force. If you’re going to attract a worldwide audience, and make money from that audience, you need to appeal to that audience. Korean dramas in particular are doing very well – so much so that Netflix doubled its Korean subscriber-base last year from 1.42 million subscribers to 3.28 million. Think of the revenue that that would have generated. Diversity is indeed profitable, see? And Netflix is putting money back into the South Korean entertainment industry with its acquisitions and co-productions. 

You think Apple is paying attention? 

A release date for Pachinko has not yet been set. But the investment is definitely there – they have the money and they’re putting that money in the source material and the talent. I can’t wait to see this show. 

Yours in gossip,

Lainey 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Wiggle 2

37 minutes ago, Aleumdaun said:

@Aleumdaun, if you don't really mind spoiler like me, I'm sure it will add more meaning to you............... :blush: You know, spoilers make you enjoy stories MORE - Intuitively, killing the surprise seems like it should make a narrative less enjoyable. Yet research has found that having extra information about what you're watching/reading can make them more satisfying, as can the predictability of an experience. Spoilers actually are enhancers. When people go to see a particular drama/movie, they usually say - ‘Don't tell me how it ends!’” - For me, there isn't any thought that knowing the ending is going to ruin them. The point is, really we're not watching these things for the ending. Spoilers help you know the purpose of the overall narrative, so you’re able to better incorporate all of the details and plot points that get you to the end of the overall narrative, so you’re able to better incorporate all of the details and plot points that get you to the end. If you know the ending as you watch it, you can understand what the filmmaker is doing. You get to see this broader view, and essentially understand the story more fluently. Some familiarity with a work of art enables you to enjoy it more. Extra knowledge about a work of art makes it more enjoyable. :blush:

13 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

honestly, I don’t know what to say about Miss Rookie Minha :fiercebunny:

I’m curious how it will turn out, they gave us so little information, when will our drama be released? What month? I wanna know if LMH will be in all episodes or not. 

@Nikaa94, the air date has not been set yet but it is expected to be some time next year - 2021. This sounds extremely promising - All I can say is Apple be really pulling all the stops. They want to compete with Netflix & scoring such a huge novel & stellar cast is what it takes. I see potential. All the better for us viewers because we get to see interesting novels getting made into series acted out by our favs. This drama seems to be different from the regular K-drama that LMH has been familiar with. I'm sure fans will support him. I'm sure he can pull-off the character well. It will be interesting to see him play a character that doesn't seem to be entirely good with its ties to organized crimes and all.  :blush:

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

On 10/26/2020 at 10:15 AM, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

@nina_mitrokhina 5misnina, thanks for sharing about APAN. Voting has begun for the Asia Pacific Actors Network (APAN) Star Awards. They will hold ceremonies for musicians on November 28th and actors on November 29th. From October 27th to November 27th on the Idol Champ mobile application, fans will have the chance to vote for their favorites from the newly released ballot. Prizes for the popularity award are to be divided by gender. Actors who are nominated are Kang Ha-neul, Kim Min-jae-I, Kim Soo-hyun, Namgoong Min, Nam Joo-hyuk, Park Bo-gum, Park Seo-joon, Seo Kang-joon, Yoo Yeon-seok, Lee Min-ho, Lee Dong-wook, Lee Seung-gi, Lee Joon-gi, Jang Ki-yong, Jang Dong-yoon, Jung Hae-in, Cho Jung-seok, Ji Chang-wook, Joo Won, and Hyun Bin. Some of them have also qualified for the OST award. However, men will compete alongside women for this award. The 2020 APAN Star Awards are planned to be broadcast worldwide. :blush:

• Like 7

7 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Forbes :  Apple’s ‘Pachinko’ Begins Production, Stars Lee Min-Ho

Apple’s international drama series Pachinko kicked off production on October 26 on multiple continents.

"https://www.forbes.com/sites/saramerican/2020/10/27/apples-pachinko-begins-production-stars-lee-min-ho/#723a96e556c1

Sorry to cut your post. Just want to emphasise this fact. His name is on Forbes now. I mean Koreaboo who? Allkpop who? Kdramastar who? :P :P  

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

Read it. Dramas and films are good in transmitting emotions through images, photography, music and acting and can be very touching and van get us to be very emotional. But literature is another thing, is a different language, a different way of presenting emotions and as readers we can get really invested, because what we can't see, we imagine it, putting a lot of ourselves in creating those images. 

Even if the film/drama is a faithful adaptation, I always try to read first the original work, because it gives me a different feeling and I know that things are going to be different from what I will see in the screen, because my point of view is necessarily different from the director's, actors' and so on. So, even if it is the same plot, I enjoy rediscovering it through the eyes of others. 

And, in this case, where it seems like the original work is going to be changed and adapted, I found specially interesting to read the novel first, because some times they can change the characters and the plot, but the same feeling remains and the original message is crearly respected and conveyed. 

It is difficult for me to explain it in English, but I strongly believe that reading the original material first is always a plus and makes my mind widen when watching the adaptation. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1