Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Lee Min Ho's childhood story (part 3)

lee_min_ho_childhood_01.jpg

This is the third part of Lee Min Ho's childhood story which focuses on his 10 to 15 years old period. It talks about Lee Min Ho's elementary and middle school period and his eventual step into the entertainment circle.

(Description from Lee Min Ho's mum)

Lee Min Ho (10 to 15 years old)

After Min Ho entered elementary school, videos and computer games were his only focus. If I did not reprimand him, he would be thinking of playing games all day long. Min Ho's dad played the kind role, while I had no choice but to be the strict mum. so typical...i guess it's the same everywhere yeah? haha.

Min Ho is thrifty. Although our family was not wealthy, we tried our best not to disappoint our children and gave them about 100 thousand won as pocket money each time. Min Ho didn't spend every single cent away. Instead, he deposited them into his savings account. Due to his inward personality, he would sometimes give carnations during Parents' Day and disappear immediately after saying "Mom, please wear it".

After learning soccer from coach Cha Bum Kun, Min Ho's physique improved all of a sudden. His sports (lesson) was often an "A". His mathematics was also kept consistently above 90 marks. During his first and second year in the middle school, his height increased at an astounding rate. In fact, he isn't much taller now compared to then.

During his elementary education, the thought of becoming an actor one day didn't even crossed his mind but after he was promoted to the middle school, he was often approached by star scouts. Those managers would often say: "Please come to find me if you wish to be an artiste." As such, Min Ho received a lot of name cards. In the beginning, we shrugged the idea off as we thought he did not have the qualities to be one.

However, as the number of such occurrences increased, Min Ho also started to go for auditions and meet some managers. When he returned home, he would put it simply: "Mom, I went for an audition today. It was very interesting." He began to harbor the dream of becoming an actor.

During his middle and high school, he liked Sol Kyung Gu and Kim Soo Roh respectively and often mentioned that he wanted to become actors like them.

According to rumours, Kim Soo Roh gave his mother an apple crate full of 10000 won notes after he became famous. Min Ho then often said to us: "If I'm able to rise in popularity in the entertainment circle, I will give dad and mom an even more precious gift."”

(Source: Hanfever)

----------------------

Aww, what a fillial son. My mom will probably be so jealous, haha! :lol:

And regarding his surgery: That's really good news, hope his surgery will be a success! ^^

What is ugiz?

Anyway, I love reading that article from his mum, gives me more insight into his personality. At the same time I imagine LMH being embarassed at the pics an some of her stories, 'geez mum'. LOL.

After seeing the LG and Market O CFs, and assuming that the Samsung CF will also be in character, I wondered if he and his managers really thought it wise to continue promoting himself as GJP. These adverts are a good way to advertise himself outside of the GJP role so I'm happy to see him doing others as LMH.

I really don't want him typecast after this. He did say that he wants to try different roles so he probably would go out of his way to avoid the same type of character. Oh well, we'll see when the next one happens.

Good luck on your surgery, LMH.

Wow.. so many pictures today.. such a real refreshment after a whole day tiring activities I had for today.

*showering everyone with cyber candies*

I hope the surgery will go well and Min Ho can rest for a while before starting bunch of activities as a 2009 rising star.

Now, it's video time :)

thumbs20090219203307.jpg

Download: Mediafire

And btw, has this been shared?

zam.jpg

credit as tagged + dcinside

Guest spirtual_affection x3

ahh! thanks guys for sharing his pictures!

i love him oh so much!

3ish days without bofs :'(!

thank god i have this thread here<3!

i love you guys so muchie!

i'll try to contribute to this thread cause i love love love him :]

Guest musiquejunkie

Credit as target and upload by me

Thanks for uploading all those pictures! He looks so good in those pictures :)

I especially like the one with the children, the kids are so cute posing, lol!

After seeing the LG and Market O CFs, and assuming that the Samsung CF will also be in character, I wondered if he and his managers really thought it wise to continue promoting himself as GJP. These adverts are a good way to advertise himself outside of the GJP role so I'm happy to see him doing others as LMH. I really don't want him typecast after this. He did say that he wants to try different roles so he probably would go out of his way to avoid the same type of character. Oh well, we'll see when the next one happens.

I completely agree with your statement 'raineyrain', typecasting is a given when the drama happens to target teens. I think the marketing strategy for the companies, is to attract the many LMH fans and BOF lovers to their productline through these commercials. The target is obvious, cash in while the product is still hot and in demand. Timing and star power is equally important when advertising, missing the window of opportunity can make or break the sale.

No worry, with LMH's acting talent, gracious personalty and handsome look, he can take on any role and still attract an audience. Fame like reality, is a roller coaster ride, it's never smooth, there's always bumps, one makes the best of the situation and see the result.

Guest dionne_wu

This might sound nuts, but I want to see Minho in Family Outing! Then we'll totally get to see his cute and wacky side.

Plus, they can do another BOF parody. :lol:

Guest HYUKJAE;

WHOA. Lee Min Ho is / was a model? :] How pimp.

No wonder he's so GOOD looking, haha.

Thanks for sharing this information, yo & the pictures.

This might sound nuts, but I want to see Minho in Family Outing! Then we'll totally get to see his cute and wacky side.

Plus, they can do another BOF parody. :lol:

Me too. I'm really looking forward to when the show is finished so he can appear on show some talk shows or variety shows. Family Outing would be awesome! and it would be great to see him on YSMM and I really want to see him doing the tongue twisters from star golden bell. That and the game with Nicole, (I've thought about this way too much).

Guest siticantik3011

Due to a 2006 car accident, Boys Over Flowers star Lee MinHo has an iron rod in his right thigh and knee.

His doctors advised the overnight sensation to be very careful because if something were to happen to the bone, he could lose the use of his right leg completely. He spent several months in the hospital after the accident and even though it has been three years since the accident, he's still in the healing process. After filming wraps in April, Lee MinHo will undergo surgery to remove the metal rods.

http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...mp;newssetid=83

sth about LMH going for leg surgery in May

2ihnuc9.jpg

i think that's his post surgery scar~ where the iron rod placed at... aigoo pretty scary eh?