Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

13 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina said:

EDITORNEWS.ID - The figure of Lee Min Ho is a South Korean actor who is a dream and an idol for drama fans around the world.

Smart in the fashion world to become an expensive actor in drama series, Lee Min Ho has become a bone of contention for various producers.

Dream actor Lee Min Ho actually has a childhood story you need to know.

According to Lee Min Ho's fan account, he said that he had a completely unique nickname as a child.

It is known that the handsome actor Lee Min Ho was called the Devil as a child.

The name means a disobedient person. The nickname was known when he was in high school as a teenager.

After Lee Min Ho grew up, he even had a friendly attitude and easily got along with many people.

Who would have thought that such a mischievous and naughty figure could become an international class actor and popular all over the world.

Translation from indonesian google

https://news.allauction.live/host-https-editornews.pikiran-rakyat.com/entertainment/pr-1314405819/terkenal-nakal-dan-jahil-lee-min-ho-miliki-nama-populer-di-masa-sma

Hmm, I question this article.  I always thought that LMH was a quiet, shy kid.  

• Like 3

***  Writer Min Jin Lee has found a new local publisher for her novel "Pachinko" after a spat with the old, which led to all sales of the Korean translation being stopped. The new publisher, Influential will produce a new translation that will hit stores in about three months. The rights to the first translation are held by the old publisher, Literature and Thought.  Around 10 major publishers bid for it, it sold to Influential for a rumored W2.5 billion.   :kaching3:

source : Chosun Ilbo

• Like 4

Melting Hearts While Making It Rain, The Wealthiest Korean Actors Of 2022

BY VICTORIA MARIAN BELMIS / MAY 05, 2022

The Korean film and drama industry is a gold mine. Both in quality media and talented actors and actresses. Due to this, fans of the genre number in the millions. Thus, it surprises no one that the K-Drama and K-Movie industry is raking in millions of US dollars and Korean won.

Notably, among the people who benefit the most from the heavy flow of cash are the actors and actresses. The performers pour their hearts and souls into a role and in turn are rewarded with love, support, and of course a large paycheck.

Previously, we discussed which Korean actresses were the highest-paid this year. In this article, we ranked the Korean actors who have the largest net worths in 2022. Did your favorite Oppa make the top 10? Find out below.

#4 Lee Min Ho - with a net worth of $26M (32,726,850,000 KRW)

FR8_mriaAAA7L2O?format=jpg&name=small

Lee Min Ho is one of South Korea's most talented and popular actors. Portraying the character of Gu Jun Pyo in "Boys Over Flowers," Lee Min Ho comfortably sits in 4th place. The actor was able to take home the Best New Actor award for "Boys Over Flowers" at the 45th Baeksang Arts Awards.

http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/52733/20220505/melting-hearts-making-rain-wealthiest-korean-actors-2022.htm

After the success of Pachinko, Lee Min Ho was unexpectedly given the honor of Tom Holland.

Thanh Yen / 05.05.2022

The success of "Pachinko" gave Lee Min Ho many new opportunities.

627400318d8ad_1.jpeg

Recently, Lee Min Ho received a lot of compliments for his role in the movie Pachinko. The chemical reactions of Lee Min-ho and Kim Min-ha are considered the catalyst for the film's success.

Interestingly, after this film, Lee Min Ho confirmed his position by participating in the list of actors with a big impact on the global film industry in 2022. officially appeared in the top 10 with big names like Tom Holland, Jennifer Lopez, The Rock...

wbokDNbqOgDedskUwIokoKb4OauLPuoJz5rPHWlH

According to the latest ranking, the Hallyu star is in 8th place and has 29 million followers with an engagement rate of 12.82% and a net interaction of 2.9 million.
The first place belongs to Hollywood actor Tom Holland with 66 million subscribers. The Spider-Man: No Way Home star hit a 9.37% engagement rate and a net interaction of 5.1 million people.

Translation from Vietnamese google

https://molistar.com/phim-chau-a/sau-thanh-cong-cua-pachinko-lee-min-ho-bat-ngo-duoc-vinh-danh-cung-tom-holland

• Like 3

On 5/5/2022 at 2:23 AM, nina_mitrokhina said:

Lee Min Ho has become the most influential actor and actress of 2022, here's why!

May 5, 2022

KBI Zoom launched on Wednesday (04/05/22), handsome actor Lee Min Ho is reportedly one of the well-known stars included in the "Best Movie Actors and Influential Actresses" worldwide in 2022.

Not so long ago, it was known that the latest drama, which was Lee Min Ho's comeback to the acting world, "Pachinko" ended its broadcast with 8 episodes. This drama from the Apple TV+ project has left viewers around the world with a lot of emotions and indelible impressions.

Through the series Pachinko, Lee Min Ho also seems to have established himself as a capable actor to completely change his image from other Korean dramas he has starred in before.

Following this success, Influencer Market Hub shared the list of "Best Film Influencers and Actors/Actresses of 2022" where Lee Min Ho's name managed to make the top 10 along with Tom Holland and J-Hope, a member of BTS. Group.

Here's the full list of "Top Movie Influencers and Actors/Actresses" of 2022.

1. Tom Holland (Great Britain)

2. J-Hope BTS (South Korea)

3. Jennifer Lopez (USA)

4. Rock (USA)

5. Alia Bhatt (India)

6. Esther (Spain)

7. Chris Hemsworth (USA)

8. Robert Downey Jr. (US)

9. Lee Min Ho (South Korea)

10. Akshay Kumar (India)

Calibrate, this ranking has been generated to find the most influential figures in the global film industry as of May 2022, either directly or indirectly. This is done through a calculation process using Instagram Follower Count, Engagement Rate, and Genuine Engagement.

According to the list, the handsome South Korean actor is ranked 9th with over 29 million followers on his personal Instagram account, an engagement rate of 12.82 percent, and 2.9 million genuine engagement reactions.

Lee Min Ho, who is expected to appear in the world rankings, has proven himself with this first achievement thanks to the success of the series "Pachinko". This good and joyful news certainly makes fans happy when they hear it.

The actor will appear in the second season of the recently concluded drama Pachinko.

Translation from indonesian google

https://kabinetrakyat.com/hiburan/lee-min-ho-jadi-aktor-dan-aktris-paling-berpengaruh-di-tahun-2022-ternyata-ini-alasannya/

@nina_mitrokhina  thanks for sharing this. I'm glad that he proved his status as one of the top-notch stars after making it in Top Cinema & Actors/Actresses Influencers in 2022. For this year's ranking, Lee Min Ho made it to the top 10 after landing on 8th spot. But, it seems like not all were happy about his recognition. Whew.....haters gonna hate..... LMH is not "only famous in Korea" but, globally, as well. So, he deserves it! Lee Min Ho is South Korea's A-lister.   :rainbow:

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, willenette said:

@nina_mitrokhina  thanks for sharing this. I'm glad that he proved his status as one of the top-notch stars after making it in Top Cinema & Actors/Actresses Influencers in 2022. For this year's ranking, Lee Min Ho made it to the top 10 after landing on 8th spot. But, it seems like not all were happy about his recognition. Whew.....haters gonna hate..... LMH is not "only famous in Korea" but, globally, as well. So, he deserves it! Lee Min Ho is South Korea's A-lister.   

@willenette, You are absolutely right in your assumptions! I recently came across an article that said that some European viewers disagree that Lee Min Ho made it to this prestigious list. The arguments were most often ridiculous "I have never seen him and I don't understand why he got on the list", "what does the Korean actor do in the USA list", etc. In my opinion, this is the most common human envy. Fortunately, as we can see from the online reviews from different countries, many foreign viewers appreciated and loved Lee Min Ho and "Pachinko" which made a sensation all over the world!

Here's a link to that awful article:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Re the negative comments that Willinette and Nina both mentioned especially the one “only famous in Korea” . What a laugh- Apart from all of us on here who live all over the globe I also remembered a few years back MYM publishing all the countries that Members of his fan club live. I think it was over a hundred places.

The success of Pachinko and Hansu must be a bitter pill for his antis to swallow!!!
A funny thing happened here on Netflix. For ages BOF carried the message that it would end on May 1st- and it did. But it was put back on on May 2nd!
I wonder if people who liked him in Pachinko were searching for other dramas with him in.

I wish Netflix would put City Hunter on. No OTT seem to have it.

Hope you all have a great weekend. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Re the negative comments that Willinette and Nina both mentioned especially the one “only famous in Korea” . What a laugh- Apart from all of us on here who live all over the globe I also remembered a few years back MYM publishing all the countries that Members of his fan club live. I think it was over a hundred places.

The success of Pachinko and Hansu must be a bitter pill for his antis to swallow!!!
A funny thing happened here on Netflix. For ages BOF carried the message that it would end on May 1st- and it did. But it was put back on on May 2nd!
I wonder if people who liked him in Pachinko were searching for other dramas with him in.

@Lindyloo421  some titles do leave Netflix because of licensing agreements. Whenever a TV show or movie is put back, they consider things such as: how popular it is in a region, and how much it costs to license it again. There are also times that they cancel it after suffering a recent loss of subscribers. Netflix acquires rights for titles for a limited

amount of time. Once that time is up, Netflix has to decide to renew the rights or to give them up.   :rubchin:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Lindy, Netflix did have City Hunter years ago, together with BOF.  I had just seen BOF in Netflix and then CH popped up as a recommendation.  After seeing that, I was hooked, CH was the drama that made me interested in LMH,  I also started other dramas after running out of LMH dramas.  Some on Soompi had started requesting CH from Netflix  but no response :rage:.  DramaFever had all of LMH's dramas but then it was bought out and shut down. :rage:  Grrr!  I suspect but no proof that it was Amazon that bought DramaFever.  If you go to Amazon prime and search for SK dramas including CH, it shows up but when you click on it, it says not currently available. Strange.

• Like 5

7 K-drama men who stole every scene (and our hearts)

While it's true that K-dramas are known for their sappy love stories and feel-good plots with relatable female protagonists, the men in K-dramas have recently started getting some major love of their own. Taking a detour from implausible, over-the-top character arcs, these 7 shows feature inspiring male characters going through transformative journeys and beating all odds to achieve their goals. 

Lee Gon from The King: Eternal Monarch (2020)

In this fantasy show,  Lee Min-ho, one of South Korea's most beloved actors, plays Lee Gon, a king who passes through a mysterious portal and finds himself in a parallel world where he encounters a spirited police detective played by Kim Go-eun. When Lee Gon was eight years old, he witnessed his father's brutal murder at the hands of his uncle, Lord Geumyang. This trauma, along with the weight of being king of the Kingdom of Corea, weighs heavily on him. Viewers can’t help but sympathise with Lee Gon and root for him till the end. Moreover, Min-ho’s portrayal of the character is restrained, and he makes the parallel universes, time travel and the unlikely love story feel real.

https://www.vogue.in/culture-and-living/content/7-k-drama-men-who-stole-every-scene-and-our-hearts

• Like 8

Pachinko: An excellent multi-generational family historical drama.

Tanpopo - May 7, 2022

FSKmM5gXMAM49aP?format=jpg&name=large

Talking about Lee Min Ho, Tanpopo gives him a lot of compliments. Don't rush to watch Pachinko because of the "rolling in bed" scene with Ko Hansoo's character, then denigrate this show! Lee Min Ho really did a great job as Ko Hansoo, who fell in love with poor Sung Ja and secretly helped her even though they couldn't get married.

FSKmM5bXoAEuu18?format=jpg&name=small

It is worth noting that Ko Hansu also has a story that goes back to the 1923 Kanto earthquake. To be honest, Tanpopo was deeply moved to see Lee Min Ho's performance as Ko Hansu, especially the episode about the character's origin.

With a great cast and a solid story, Tanpopo isn't all that weird to hear that Pachinko has finally been renewed for a second season by AppleTV+. Tanpopo suggested that Lee Min Ho's Ko Hansoo will have more acting space in the second season, and the story of Noah, Hansoo and Song Ja's son, will also be revealed. What do you think of Pachinko, let Tanpopo know!

Translation from Vietnamese google

https://www.dienanh.net/pachinko-cua-lee-min-ho-bo-phim-ve-gia-dinh-da-the-he-xuat-sac-47735.html

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

19 hours ago, CallieP said:

Lindy, Netflix did have City Hunter years ago, together with BOF.  I had just seen BOF in Netflix and then CH popped up as a recommendation.  After seeing that, I was hooked, CH was the drama that made me interested in LMH,  I also started other dramas after running out of LMH dramas.  Some on Soompi had started requesting CH from Netflix  but no response :rage:.  DramaFever had all of LMH's dramas but then it was bought out and shut down. :rage:  Grrr!  I suspect but no proof that it was Amazon that bought DramaFever.  If you go to Amazon prime and search for SK dramas including CH, it shows up but when you click on it, it says not currently available. Strange.

@CallieP  "Heirs" was the very first series DramaFever ever co-produced, ( thanks to licensing deals with CJ ENM, and JTBC) One year after DramaFever was shuttered, most of its series has become available on streaming service Viki. "Personal Taste" was one of Viki’s acquisitions from Dramafever.  DramaFever was one of several services shut down almost immediately after AT&T acquired Time Warner.   :heart2:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 5/6/2022 at 6:23 PM, nina_mitrokhina said:

@nina_mitrokhinajust wanted to let you know that the site that you're quoting is a spammer news site. Nobody cares about that news site even in its original language. So we don't need to bother about it. :) 

More happy news about Pachinko, RM or Namjoon of BTS was watching Pachinko and shared it on his Instagram story. More and more people are discovering Pachinko, this masterpiece and legendary series!!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 1

BTS's Namjoon is smitten with Lee Min Ho and Minha Kim's 'Pachinko'

The leader of BTS is familiar with pachinko fever. The original Apple TV series starred Yoon Yoo Jung, Minha Kim, and Lee Min Ho.

BCJPV6WIPRHPFP6OEA4XTZB6V4.jpg

May 07, 2022

The story of pachinko also captivated Namjoon. On April 7 (PET), the leader of BTS revealed on social media that he loves the Apple TV original series, which stars Oscar winner Yoon Yoo Jung and "King of Hallyu" Lee in the lead roles. Kim.

Based on the novel of the same name by Min Jin Lee, the epic drama co-produced by South Korea and Canada entered the streaming platform on March 25, 2022 with the release of the first three chapters. Every Friday, since then, he released a new episode until he completed the 8th part of the first season.

Namjoon and Pachinko

The BTS star posted a photo on Instagram where a still from 'Pachinko' can be seen on his TV screen. Yoon Yoo Jung, a veteran actress who plays an older version of the protagonist Sunja, appears in this shot, along with Jin Ha, an actor who plays the heroine's grandson, Solomon.

Fans were pleasantly surprised by the update as they didn't know that RM is also a fan of the series and it was widely shared on Twitter.

32PRSCW7I5F5NDIABLRUAD34OM.jpg

What is "Pachinko" about?

Described as an epic historical drama, Pachinko recounts the joys and tribulations that the family has collected over the generations since its founding during the Japanese invasion of Korea in the early 20th century.

The series, directed by Kogonada and Justin Chon, received praise for the co-production and was nominated by critics as a likely nominee for the 2022 Emmy Awards. In particular, he singled out the acting, camera work and narration, in which the present time of the story is interspersed with the past.

Translation from spanish google

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2022/05/07/bts-namjoon-es-conquistado-por-pachinko-la-serie-de-lee-min-ho-y-minha-kim-para-apple-instagram/

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Emmy Digital Magazine

“Step inside some of the best supporting performances of the year”

Pachinko: Lee Minho

spacer.png

Didn't we wish then for LMH to be recognized with awards when he took on this project with AppleTV?

:coolshades::coolshades:

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2