Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

"Pachinko" by Lee Min Ho, Master Rocco → Absorbs even time... worldwide recognition

Kim Ga Young

0005205437_001_20220502093201085.jpg?typ

[E-Daily star in reporter Ga-young Kim] Actor Lee Min Ho has been well received all over the world for his powerful performance in historical dramas.

In the original series Pachinko-Pachinko, which ended the first season with the final episode, Lee Min Ho took on the role of Go Han Soo, who entered young Song Ja's life and changed the trajectory. , completing an intense and unique character.

Through this work, Lee Min Ho has succeeded in radically transforming his acting and once again established himself as the spokesperson for a Hallyu star, receiving rave reviews from fans all over the world as well as top foreign media.

If Lee Min Ho showed his side as a master of romantic comedy, he perfectly mastered the character that combines tenderness and masculinity in various works such as "The King: Eternal Monarch", "The Legend of the Blue Sea" and "Heirs". ', this time through 'Pachinko' he tried an unconventional acting transformation.

In Pachinko, Lee Min Ho left a mysterious but powerful impression, showing the image of a businessman full of ambition and a fatal man in a dangerous and secret love. In addition, he attracted attention for his realistic depiction of a rude "bad person", unraveling the unconventional theme of "forbidden love" in his style.

In addition, in every situation, he was impressed with his passionate performance, in which he could freely use dialects of English and Japanese.

0005205437_002_20220502093201105.jpg?typ

From anger to affection... As a colorful emotional game

"Pachinko" is a work that depicts the life of Koreans during the Japanese colonial period against the backdrop of real history, Lee Min Ho showed a unique presence with various emotional performances such as sadness, anger, sadness, etc. charisma in a realistic but complex storytelling.

Lee Min Ho showed not only his tough looks, but also a history of faithful and righteous life in past poverty, his affection for his father (Jung Woon In) and acceptance of his fate, enduring unexpected crises and humiliations. .

0000153627_002_20220502090803629.jpg?typ

turning point in life

Lee Min Ho, fascinated by the message of "Pachinko" and the character of Go Han Soo, showed his affection for the job so strongly that he even passed the audition for the first time in 13 years. It's a message that he put his whole heart into every prep process, striving to start over as an actor.

In fact, on the official YouTube channel of "leeminho film," Lee Min Ho had regular face-to-face meetings, familiarized himself with the script, and showed his focus on acting just like in real life. an actor full of sincerity.

Lee Min Ho, who proved his various abilities such as the character's perfect digestion and new transformation into "Pachinko", was praised by many overseas media outlets, stating, "He breathed life into the character with his sincerity and delicacy." the role of the pioneer of the Korean wave.

Gayoung Kim (kky1209@edaily.co.kr)

Translation from Korean google

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/018/0005205437

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/408/0000153627

• Like 7

https://zapzee.net/2022/05/02/lee-min-ho-receives-rave-reviews-for-his-stunning-performance-in-apple-tvs-pachinko/

Lee Min Ho Receives Rave Reviews For His Stunning Performance in Apple TV+’s ‘Pachinko’

by Hana Lee

Pachinko-Lee-Min-Ho-scaled.jpg

Lee Min Ho has shown an unrivaled presence in Apple TV+’s Pachinko and created a legendary character who will last in our memory for a quite a long time.

In the series, the star plays a man named Koh Hansu who completely changes the life of a young SunjaThe actor took a completely different role from his previous romantic characters and made a striking transformation as Hansu to create an ambitious merchant character who falls in love with someone he shouldn’t have.

In addition to his stunning performance, the actor’s fluent Japanese, English and Korean dialect wowed many viewers. As the show takes its place in the Japanese colonial period, the actor got praised for creating a Korean character who is filled with rage, sorrow and determination. He portrayed a cool-headed man who sometimes has to fight against poverty with unwavering, unyielding belief. In addition, he shows his affection for his father (played by Jung Woong In) and leaves it to his fate while weathering the unexpected storm and swallowing the humiliation.

Fascinated by the character, Koh Hansu, and the work itself, the famous star went for an audition for the first time in thirteen years. Reports say that he put all his heart and soul into preparing the role. The YouTube video recently released on his official channel leeminho film features him constantly having virtual meetings for his role and reading the script as if he is filming on set.

Meanwhile, Pachinko will be renewed for a second season.

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

19 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

https://zapzee.net/2022/05/02/lee-min-ho-receives-rave-reviews-for-his-stunning-performance-in-apple-tvs-pachinko/

Lee Min Ho Receives Rave Reviews For His Stunning Performance in Apple TV+’s ‘Pachinko’

by Hana Lee

Lee Min Ho has shown an unrivaled presence in Apple TV+’s Pachinko and created a legendary character who will last in our memory for a quite a long time.

In the series, the star plays a man named Koh Hansu who completely changes the life of a young SunjaThe actor took a completely different role from his previous romantic characters and made a striking transformation as Hansu to create an ambitious merchant character who falls in love with someone he shouldn’t have.

In addition to his stunning performance, the actor’s fluent Japanese, English and Korean dialect wowed many viewers. As the show takes its place in the Japanese colonial period, the actor got praised for creating a Korean character who is filled with rage, sorrow and determination. He portrayed a cool-headed man who sometimes has to fight against poverty with unwavering, unyielding belief. In addition, he shows his affection for his father (played by Jung Woong In) and leaves it to his fate while weathering the unexpected storm and swallowing the humiliation.

Fascinated by the character, Koh Hansu, and the work itself, the famous star went for an audition for the first time in thirteen years. Reports say that he put all his heart and soul into preparing the role. The YouTube video recently released on his official channel leeminho film features him constantly having virtual meetings for his role and reading the script as if he is filming on set.

Meanwhile, Pachinko will be renewed for a second season.

@gtLmh0622  thanks for sharing this. There's no exact date yet on when Pachinko's second season will start production or air. I hope we could get to know this soon. Its end-of-season episode, titled "Chapter Eight," is now available to stream globally on Apple TV+.  :blush:

• Like 4

On 5/2/2022 at 4:47 PM, nina_mitrokhina said:

"Pachinko" by Lee Min Ho, Master Rocco → Absorbs even time... worldwide recognition

Kim Ga Young

[E-Daily star in reporter Ga-young Kim] Actor Lee Min Ho has been well received all over the world for his powerful performance in historical dramas.

In the original series Pachinko-Pachinko, which ended the first season with the final episode, Lee Min Ho took on the role of Go Han Soo, who entered young Song Ja's life and changed the trajectory. , completing an intense and unique character.

Through this work, Lee Min Ho has succeeded in radically transforming his acting and once again established himself as the spokesperson for a Hallyu star, receiving rave reviews from fans all over the world as well as top foreign media.

If Lee Min Ho showed his side as a master of romantic comedy, he perfectly mastered the character that combines tenderness and masculinity in various works such as "The King: Eternal Monarch", "The Legend of the Blue Sea" and "Heirs". ', this time through 'Pachinko' he tried an unconventional acting transformation.

In Pachinko, Lee Min Ho left a mysterious but powerful impression, showing the image of a businessman full of ambition and a fatal man in a dangerous and secret love. In addition, he attracted attention for his realistic depiction of a rude "bad person", unraveling the unconventional theme of "forbidden love" in his style.

In addition, in every situation, he was impressed with his passionate performance, in which he could freely use dialects of English and Japanese.

From anger to affection... As a colorful emotional game

"Pachinko" is a work that depicts the life of Koreans during the Japanese colonial period against the backdrop of real history, Lee Min Ho showed a unique presence with various emotional performances such as sadness, anger, sadness, etc. charisma in a realistic but complex storytelling.

Lee Min Ho showed not only his tough looks, but also a history of faithful and righteous life in past poverty, his affection for his father (Jung Woon In) and acceptance of his fate, enduring unexpected crises and humiliations. .

turning point in life

Lee Min Ho, fascinated by the message of "Pachinko" and the character of Go Han Soo, showed his affection for the job so strongly that he even passed the audition for the first time in 13 years. It's a message that he put his whole heart into every prep process, striving to start over as an actor.

In fact, on the official YouTube channel of "leeminho film," Lee Min Ho had regular face-to-face meetings, familiarized himself with the script, and showed his focus on acting just like in real life. an actor full of sincerity.

Lee Min Ho, who proved his various abilities such as the character's perfect digestion and new transformation into "Pachinko", was praised by many overseas media outlets, stating, "He breathed life into the character with his sincerity and delicacy." the role of the pioneer of the Korean wave.

Gayoung Kim (kky1209@edaily.co.kr)

Translation from Korean google

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/018/0005205437

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/408/0000153627

@nina_mitrokhina  thanks for sharing this. In the final episode of Season 1, Sunja goes to see Isack, who has been arrested. I wonder what S2 will be about. My expectations are high in the next season. Is the grown-up Noa will be in Season 2? So, I wonder who will be playing the grown-up version of Noa in the upcoming season. I'm glad that LMH's character is still part of the S2 since some stars will not return in the second season. I'm curious who will be the new additions to the show’s cast.   :heart2:

30000749040_1280.jpg

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, willenette said:

@nina_mitrokhina  thanks for sharing this. In the final episode of Season 1, Sunja goes to see Isack, who has been arrested. I wonder what S2 will be about. My expectations are high in the next season. Is the grown-up Noa will be in Season 2? So, I wonder who will be playing the grown-up version of Noa in the upcoming season. I'm glad that LMH's character is still part of the S2 since some stars will not return in the second season. I'm curious who will be the new additions to the show’s cast.   

@willenette, Thanks for the kind words! I am also very interested in who will play Noah in season 2. Will they pick up a young actor who looks like Lee Min Ho? Who will play the elderly Ko Hansoo? I'm intrigued and looking forward to filming season 2, rumored to be in June 2022.

Excerpts from a long article:

Soji Arai: "Pachinko tells a story of wounded people that should never be forgotten"

FR0W9x1aMAUk8gY?format=jpg&name=small

... Working with an all-star cast like Pachinko was nothing new for someone like Soji Arai, used to living in front of the camera. But the work with Lee Min Ho and Yoon Yoo Jung was probably written by stars. “The first time I met Minho was ten years ago or more, I was working as a journalist, and there was this K-drama,” he recalls. “I was in Japan called City Hunter and there was a meeting with the actors and I remember so many women waiting for him. I told him. We laughed about it. Minho has always been very kind. B after all, we had the same goal in playing Pachinko. We were part of a very bold project."... 

https://www.panorama.it/lifestyle/Televisione/soji-arai-pachinko

Soo Hugh’s Pachinko Confronts the Present With the Past The Apple TV+ showrunner adapted Min Jin Lee’s sprawling epic with an eye for intimacy.

I read that the moment Hansu first sees Sunja in "Chapter One," when she refuses to bow for the Japanese soldiers in the fish market, was different from the first draft, in which he was automatically pulled to her. Can you talk about how that scene changed?

- The first version was much closer to the book's version, where he sees her and is interested in her. It would have worked. But if we're saying this is the end of the episode – and I think this is about how episodes are built – you want to go out with a sense of Wow, this is the show. We finally introduce Hansu, who is played by Korean superstar Lee Minho. Why did Sunja catch his attention? What I loved about Sunja in both the book and our show is she is not the traditional beauty. It is not just about lust: I saw the most beautiful woman in the fish market and that's why I'm attracted to her. Innately, she's our heroine. There's an inner spirit to her that has to emanate from that performance. It was the realization of Ah, no. She has to do something that makes him look back twice.That is the clincher. All of a sudden, it became more explosive between them. 

That moment of recognizable fortitude is what draws him back. And having him follow her was inspired by Baz Luhrmann's William Shakespeare's Romeo + Juliet, right? [Laughs.]

- Yes. K and I talked about this. You know how you remember a movie one way, then you watch a scene and you're like, Huh. That didn't quite work the way they did it, but I liked the way I thought that scene was? In Romeo + Juliet, I thought they were separate in the entire dance ballroom scene. I thought it was just from his point of view and we never went to her point of view. But when I watched it again, it wasn't quite that way, but I really liked the way I thought of it first. I loved this idea of being on his side for most of it. It's the first time we get to see our heroine from another perspective, and she is glorious.

I'd love to talk about "Chapter Seven," which diverges from the novel and is entirely unique to the series. You did a lot of research into learning about the 1923 Great Kanto earthquake, and the episode serves this important character-development function for Hansu. How did you decide he needed a backstory, and why make that the penultimate episode?

- If you reveal too much about Hansu too early, he's going to get too easy of a pass from the audience. He is a very complicated character who is neither hero nor villain, but certainly not admirable in his deeds. If you showed that scene in, say, episode three, after he reveals to Sunja that he's married, then his behavior is excused in a way I don't think he deserves. In showing it so late in our season, we get to subvert it and skew it slightly. I want the audience to have to use their brains in conceiving of our characters and interpreting them and judging them.

Now, with 107, why does Hansu even need a backstory? Because I find him so interesting, but I always found him very enigmatic – meaning we could play him that way. He could always be that character that dips in and out of Sunja's life. But when I saw that character presented visually, I didn't quite understand why she still cares about him. What is the essence of this person who keeps her so interested? In TV, you get bored of characters if they don't feel real, and at some point, he started to feel like a trope to me. By being able to fill in the backstory and explain the ABC's, he's more of a human being.

I'm also curious about the decision to make Hansu a math tutor for an American family, who consider taking him with them to the United States before they die in the earthquake.

- One of the things we always said about our television version is that America is very much this looming ghost. It's going to become more transparent as the seasons go on, but America had a huge role in 2oth- century Japanese and Korean history. I found it so fascinating that the notion of the American Dream flew all the way to Korea and Japan. I wanted to look into why this idea is so powerful, and in putting together Hansu's backstory, I thought, Ah, even this 20-year-old kid has that American Dream. America's going to solve all his problems. America's a place where you go and they throw gold coins at you. And then, of course, we unpack those myths.

This is a show that asks about the life you could have lived if you had gone another way, or if historical forces hadn't shaped your life. Hansu wonders who he could have been if he had gotten to America. In some ways that what-if question is a cop-out, right? It's like, Well, you didn't go to America, so you have to make the best of the life you have. In our show, there are characters who make the best of what they have, and the characters who always wonder what could have been...

https://www.vulture.com/article/pachinko-showrunner-soo-hugh-season-1-finale-interview.html

• Like 6

EXCLUSIVE: Korean Superstar Lee Min-ho On Playing Unlikeable Characters On Screen And The Pressures Of Global Stardom

red-carpet-event-for-the-global-premiere

May 03, 2022
Puja Talwar

Lee Min-ho is nothing short of a global sensation. The poster boy for ‘Hallyu’ — the so-called Korean wave that’s taken over the globe — his name alone can evoke powerful emotions among fans who transcend geographies and time zones. Bound by their devotion to the actor whom they fondly address as their OG ‘oppa’, a term of endearment used for an older man. Charming and easy-going, Lee greets us with a friendly ‘HELLO!’ — for his first ever interview with Indian media.

His breakout role as Gu Jun-pyo in the classic teen drama Boys Over Flowers catapulted him to instant stardom in 2009 and made him a household name across South Korean shores. He played a man seeking revenge in City Hunter, a young heir in the coming-of-age-drama The Heirs, a bodyguard in Bounty Hunters and an emperor in the fantasy time-travel series The King: Eternal Monarch.

Lee Min-ho has been the ‘Prince Charming’ of the silver screen most of his career, but we’ll see him add to his image of a romantic lead in his next, Pachinko.

In this Apple TV adaptation of the eponymous Min Jin Lee bestseller, Lee portrays the role of Hansu Koh, a yakuza (member of a crime syndicate) who falls in love with the protagonist, setting in motion a chain of far-reaching consequences. “I hope my fans don’t see Hansu as ‘Prince Charming’. But then again, I want people to see the tragic story of how each one of the characters survives their circumstances and also relate to Hansu for what he is,” says Lee. “Rather than trying to break away from my image, I’d say I’m almost thirsty for new characters and new stories. That’s the reason I was drawn to playing Hansu. Yes, he’s not a likeable character, but for me, he’s a heartbreaking character who’s conditioned by his times.”

Lee is, indeed, perfectly cast as Hansu in the taut screen adaptation, his dangerous sophisticated charm clashing with his unrequited desire for a woman he cherishes.

One of the highest paid South Korean actors, Lee is no stranger to life in the spotlight and is among the most-followed K-drama idols on social media (he has nearly 30 million followers on Instagram). Although notoriously private about his personal life, he does admit that he likes to run a search on his name at least once a day. But does he feel bogged down by the constant scrutiny and expectations of him?

“Yes, I do feel pressured, but in a good way. It pushes me to try harder and live up to the standards expected of me,” he answers, after giving it some thought.

Not only is Lee among the most popular K-stars of the big screen, he’s also one of the most sought-after faces for luxury fashion brands, his uncomplicated sense of style a reflection of the man himself. The likes of Boss and Fendi have tapped into Lee’s appeal, both appointing him as their brand ambassador.

Monochromatic tones are his go-to, be it for casual loungewear or uber stylish luxe ensembles. And to look as good as he does, Lee follows a simple philosophy: “I like my clothes to fit well. I like it to be effortless.”

Not one to restrict himself to just acting, Lee recently launched his YouTube channel, for which he serves as executive producer and creative director. With this move, he left fans wondering whether he was planning to diversify.

“As I spend more time as an actor, I feel stories are of the essence, and I’d like to tell stories that are neglected, narratives that are ignored. I’d definitely want to expand my repertoire beyond acting and get into production. But nothing is confirmed,” he says, his trademark enigmatic smile firmly in place.

This story has been adapted for the website from a story that was originally published in Hello! India’s April 2022 issue. Get your hands on the latest issue right here!

https://in.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/20220503300514/south-korean-actor-lee-min-ho-exclusive-interview/

• Like 8

Sejong Institute Foundation Reveals Korean Language Plan with Actor Lee Min-ho

Sejong Institute Foundation (Chairman Lee Hae-young), who is leading the spread of Korean language and Korean culture abroad, announced on the 4th that it has created a Korean language planning pictorial with actor Lee Min-ho, an honorary ambassador for Sejong Institute.

Photoshoot work was done with W Korea, a fashion and culture magazine.

Lee Min-ho, who participated from the photo shoot planning stage, decided on the theme of his favorite Korean word, '곁' (Beside you)," and also included his voice introducing the photo shoot.

'곁' is a noun that refers to a person who is close to or can take care of or help close to an object, spatially or psychologically.

'곁' is a word that feels warm, he said. "In Korean, there are words that express various feelings, so we have a language system that can contain good expressions when we convey our sincerity to someone."

In the pictorial, Sam Bypen (Kim Se-dong), a drawing artist who has recently drawn attention, also included a street painting (Graffiti) that interprets the word "side" from his own perspective.

The pictorial can be found on the foundation's Instagram (or in the May issue of W Korea.)

The foundation will also release documentary films containing the photo shoot production process on Instagram and YouTube (www.youtube.com/LearnTeachKorean)) on the 6th and hold quiz events.

https://n.news.naver.com/mnews/article/001/0013156577?sid=103

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/05/03141754/lee-min-ho-03052022-thumbnail-780x470.jpg

Lee Min Ho is among the most influential actors in 2022, along with Tom Holland and BTS’s J-Hope?

May 3, 2022

Lee Min Ho recently appeared in the list of Top Cinema & Actors/Actresses Influencers in 2022 worldwide.

Lee Min Ho’s latest series “Pachinko” just finished airing with 8 episodes and left lots of lingering feelings in fans around the world. In this Apple TV+’s project, Lee Min Ho has proven himself as a capable actor, having completely changed his image compared to his old K-dramas.

pachinko-03052022-1.webp

Following the series, the site Influencer Market Hub dropped their list for the Top Cinema & Actors/Actresses Influencers in 2022, and Lee Min Ho has made the Top 10. Along with him are various other famous names such as Tom Holland, Jennifer Lopez, The Rock, and J-Hope from BTS.

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/03/17093903/kim-min-ha-pachinko-17032022-1.jpg

This ranking is formed to find the most influential personalities to the world’s cinematic industry, both directly and indirectly, as of May 2022. It is calculated using the number of Instagram followers, Engagement Rate, and Authentic Engagement.

https://cdn.kbizoom.com/media/2022/04/14153922/Pachinko-Lee-Min-Ho-140422.jpg

According to the list, Lee Min Ho ranked 9th with over 29 million followers on his personal Instagram. His Engagement Rate amounted to 12.82%, and Authentic Engagement was 2.9 million interactions.

pachinko-03052022-2.webp

After the success of “Pachinko”, it is pretty much expected that Lee Min Ho will appear on world’s rankings, which has been proven via this first accomplishment.

Spoiler

Pachinko-130322.webp

Lee Min Ho and the main cast of “Pachinko”
At the news, fans of the actor have been overjoyed, even mocking those who used to criticize Lee Min Ho’s acting skills. However, others believe that this is just the first stepping stone, and Lee Min Ho needs to improve further with more complex and successful roles.

Recently, there have been rumors that the actor will continue to appear in “Pachinko” season 2. Hopefully, the series will boost his popularity further on international grounds. Let’s expect to see him in other future series as well!

https://kbizoom.com/lee-min-ho-is-among-the-most-influential-actors-in-2022-along-with-tom-holland-and-btss-j-hope/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Sejong Institute Foundation releases photos of Korean project with Lee Min Ho

FR4lj_vacAULiPA?format=jpg&name=small

The Sejong Gakudo Foundation, which is at the forefront of spreading the Korean language and culture overseas, announced on the 4th that it has created a print of the Korean language project with actor Lee Min-ho, public relations ambassador for Sejong Gakudo. The work was engraved for the fashion and culture magazine "W Kagea".

Lee Min Ho, who participated in the planning phase of the gravure, has the theme "soba" which is his favorite Korean language and also included his own voice to introduce the gravure. "Soba" is a noun for a person who cares for or helps a person near or spatially or psychologically close to an object. He said, "The word 'soba' makes you feel warm." “Korean has words that express different feelings and a language system that can include good expressions when you tell someone about your sincerity.

The engraving also includes a mural (graffiti) in which recently renowned illustrator Sambaipan (Kim Sedon) interprets the word "soba" from his own perspective. The print can be found on the Foundation's Instagram (@king.sejong.institute) and in the May issue of W Korea.

Translation from Japanese google
https://korepo.com/archives/1113191

• Like 7

Lee Min Ho has become the most influential actor and actress of 2022, here's why!

May 5, 2022

58564-lee-min-ho-dalam-drama-korea-pachi

KBI Zoom launched on Wednesday (04/05/22), handsome actor Lee Min Ho is reportedly one of the well-known stars included in the "Best Movie Actors and Influential Actresses" worldwide in 2022.

Not so long ago, it was known that the latest drama, which was Lee Min Ho's comeback to the acting world, "Pachinko" ended its broadcast with 8 episodes. This drama from the Apple TV+ project has left viewers around the world with a lot of emotions and indelible impressions.

Through the series Pachinko, Lee Min Ho also seems to have established himself as a capable actor to completely change his image from other Korean dramas he has starred in before.

Following this success, Influencer Market Hub shared the list of "Best Film Influencers and Actors/Actresses of 2022" where Lee Min Ho's name managed to make the top 10 along with Tom Holland and J-Hope, a member of BTS. Group.

Here's the full list of "Top Movie Influencers and Actors/Actresses" of 2022.

1. Tom Holland (Great Britain)

2. J-Hope BTS (South Korea)

3. Jennifer Lopez (USA)

4. Rock (USA)

5. Alia Bhatt (India)

6. Esther (Spain)

7. Chris Hemsworth (USA)

8. Robert Downey Jr. (US)

9. Lee Min Ho (South Korea)

10. Akshay Kumar (India)

Calibrate, this ranking has been generated to find the most influential figures in the global film industry as of May 2022, either directly or indirectly. This is done through a calculation process using Instagram Follower Count, Engagement Rate, and Genuine Engagement.

According to the list, the handsome South Korean actor is ranked 9th with over 29 million followers on his personal Instagram account, an engagement rate of 12.82 percent, and 2.9 million genuine engagement reactions.

Lee Min Ho, who is expected to appear in the world rankings, has proven himself with this first achievement thanks to the success of the series "Pachinko". This good and joyful news certainly makes fans happy when they hear it.

The actor will appear in the second season of the recently concluded drama Pachinko.

Translation from indonesian google

https://kabinetrakyat.com/hiburan/lee-min-ho-jadi-aktor-dan-aktris-paling-berpengaruh-di-tahun-2022-ternyata-ini-alasannya/

• Like 8

Kimchi: The Versatile Dish that Adds Flavor to K-dramas

Kimchi is Korea’s second-most important cultural asset, the first being the folk song “Arirang.” It is a cornerstone in Korean culture and a staple in K-dramas as well

Debashree Dutta May 02, 2022

collage-kimchi-scene-boys-over-flowers-K

History has it that, in Korea, kimchi was traditionally created during the winter months by fermenting vegetables and storing them in jars. As a result, the family’s female members formed a strong connection during the process. This is why perhaps kimjang, the tradition of preparing kimchi as a collective effort, is featured in K-dramas as a way to promote Korean culture while also fostering family bonds. Enjoy the following video from the popular variety show, Mr. House Husband, where the houseman says, “Kimchi must be done together.”

Kimchi (the marinated pickle) is typically served as a spicy accompaniment to a Korean meal. It’s a concoction of salted and fermented vegetables, including napa cabbage, Korean radish, spring onion and other condiments. It gained popularity with K-dramas introducing it to audiences all over the world, piquing our curiosity about its taste and flavors. Take for example the iconic scene from Boys Over Flowers, where Jan Di’s family leaves Jun Pyo, the archetypal rich brat of the Shinhwa family, amazed and intrigued while preparing kimchi together — it’s an act of pure enjoyment, fun and camaraderie, something Jun Pyo had never experienced in his daily life. In fact, after watching the series, I went to a Korean restaurant in my city and tried the kimchi ramyeon and tuna kimchi kimbap, and they tasted pretty good. In my opinion, kimchi is like the Korean counterpart to our Indian achaar (pickle).

boys-over-flowers-2009-episode-9-making-

Still from Boys Over Flowers: Photo courtesy of KBS2

During the Vietnam War, kimchi production rose to prominence as the Korean government had to feed its soldiers. And for Yi So-yeon, Korea’s first astronaut, the country’s scientists devised a unique, low-calorie, bacteria-free ‘space kimchi’ (unlike conventional kimchi, which requires bacteria for fermentation). Furthermore, the government developed multiple initiatives aimed at encouraging adult Korean adoptees to return to their homeland and know their roots.

Kimchi can be consumed as it is, with rice, or be used in different Korean delicacies. It serves as a spicy addition to a variety of meals, including kimchi fried rice (김치볶음; kimchi bokkeumbap), kimchi pancake (김치전; kimchi jeon), and kimchi stew (김치찌개; kimchi jjigae). Park Joon-hwa, producer and director of the rom-com thriller Let’s Eat, explained that eating scenes are common in K-dramas because a lot happens over food – people have fun, they engage in fights, or even fall in love while eating. If you’ve seen Jin Yi’s kimchi jjigae recipe scene in the show, you know exactly what he meant.

Many of you might know about makjang dramas. For those who don’t, let me explain what the term means. A makjang drama is an exaggerated story with bizarre or unusual settings and scenes that are tough to comprehend. In a makjang drama, irregularity is usual. Awkward birth secrets, murders, mad revenge plans and more are some of the most popular themes. In this vein, the viral ‘kimchi slap’ from 2014’s Everybody Say Kimchi certainly qualifies as a makjang scene.

Kimchi is a language that the people of Korea use to communicate and connect while staying close to their culture, activities, daily lifestyles, entertainment, and everything in between. This marinated pickle, in my estimation, is a metaphor for the harmony and balance that symbolizes the Korean people’s ethos. It is a culture unto itself. I believe its diverse flavors, which keep changing with time, represent the malleable character of life and emotions. Perhaps this is why kimchi’s very adaptable nature lends itself to a variety of roles in Korean dramas.

https://rollingstoneindia.com/kimchi-the-versatile-dish-that-adds-flavor-to-k-dramas/

• Like 4
  • Love 1

K-drama actors who haven't aged a day

K-beauty is widely appreciated for its flawless and non-ageing factors worldwide. The Hallyu wave has made a prominent place in the hearts of the people. If you haven't considered K-beauty in your skincare routine, now is the time to do so. The Koreans (especially K-drama actors) certainly know a thing or two about anti-ageing that we don't. After all, the Hallyu wave's biggest stars have been mysteriously defying time by appearing just as young today as they did when they first debuted. Here's some evidence:

Lee Min-Ho

Lee%20Min-Ho%20(pixels).jpg

How can we forget his breakout role in Boys over flowers? It was officially his era. Every girl at that moment credited him as his crush. Fast forward thirteen years and he's still stealing hearts with shows like The King: Eternal Monarch, which has broken records and his recent release, Pachinko, where he looks breathtaking... 

https://www.cityspidey.com/news/17549/k-drama-actors-who-haven-t-aged-a-day

Actor Lee Jung Jae praised Lee Min Ho

“while looking at him directing advertisements for his acquaintances, i think he (Lee Minho) is talented, other than acting. i learned a lot from him”

naver.me/5856I1kt

FR-HgHYVsAAhN4g.jpg

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1522084194804936709

• Like 5

Known for being naughty and mischievous, Lee Min Ho had a popular name in high school.

RD Dhani Zulianda Putra
- May 4, 2022.

4228940197.jpg

EDITORNEWS.ID - The figure of Lee Min Ho is a South Korean actor who is a dream and an idol for drama fans around the world.

Smart in the fashion world to become an expensive actor in drama series, Lee Min Ho has become a bone of contention for various producers.

Dream actor Lee Min Ho actually has a childhood story you need to know.

According to Lee Min Ho's fan account, he said that he had a completely unique nickname as a child.

It is known that the handsome actor Lee Min Ho was called the Devil as a child.

The name means a disobedient person. The nickname was known when he was in high school as a teenager.

After Lee Min Ho grew up, he even had a friendly attitude and easily got along with many people.

Who would have thought that such a mischievous and naughty figure could become an international class actor and popular all over the world.

Translation from indonesian google

https://news.allauction.live/host-https-editornews.pikiran-rakyat.com/entertainment/pr-1314405819/terkenal-nakal-dan-jahil-lee-min-ho-miliki-nama-populer-di-masa-sma

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Review: “Pachinko” brilliantly blurs the lines between past and present

by Shaphnah Mckenzie | 5/5/22

4933d579-3f5f-4cc1-a461-f07f89922132.siz

... The series features numerous silent scenes in which the actors use only their eyes to communicate joy, grief and longing when they are lacking words. Lee Min Ho demonstrates this prowess in “Chapter Four,” in which Sunja makes her decision to move to Osaka with her new husband, Isak. Ho’s character, Koh Hansu, has a Japanese officer bring Sunja to his office at the fishing market. When she doesn’t respond to Hansu’s advances, he tells her that she will regret her decision to move to Osaka, and that when she is begging for him to come save her, he won’t even remember her name. Sunja leaves, but the camera stays behind to show us the tears glistening in Hansu’s eyes. They reflect a vulnerability that would have otherwise been hidden from the audience’s knowledge. They tell us that Hansu, no matter how hard he tries, will never be able to forget Sunja’s name... 

https://www.thedartmouth.com/article/2022/05/review-pachinko-brilliantly-blurs-the-lines-between-past-and-present

• Like 5
  • Love 1