Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

18 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

It has really bad reviews, and the one in Tukwila is god awful.  But I was shocked by how good the Lynnwood one is!  It also took forever and a day to get my food, but I saw them frying it fresh.  So maybe that also made a difference.  I think I got lucky.  That, or maybe I had the blessing of LMH. 

I don’t know when me supporting an actor turned into me running around sampling everything he endorses - I’ve never done that with an American celebrity.  But LMH had that udon sighting and now I’m eating noodles and wrecking my diets  

Only a matter of time before I take out a loan to get that Iron Man mask.

LMH pls give us a new drama or movie soon.  Maybe no commercials.  

Ha! Ha!  Which one did you get?  Is there the olive chicken? I am going there in another 2 weeks so maybe I will get the one you recommend. I got the Jongga kim chi yesterday. Have not tried it yet.

Which is a good Udon?  Any packaged one at Hmart? I saw the Red Ginseng with LMH's face at the airport in Taiwan but did not get it then. Wish I did. Maybe Amazon? :joy:. Save your money for the Iron Man mask. :hwaiting:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

2 hours ago, CallieP said:

Ha! Ha!  Which one did you get?  Is there the olive chicken? I am going there in another 2 weeks so maybe I will get the one you recommend. I got the Jongga kim chi yesterday. Have not tried it yet.

Which is a good Udon?  Any packaged one at Hmart? I saw the Red Ginseng with LMH's face at the airport in Taiwan but did not get it then. Wish I did. Maybe Amazon? :joy:. Save your money for the Iron Man mask. 

Get the half n half.  King and Queen of Corea might have poor taste in coffee, but they know their chicken hahaha

+++

Baby LMH’s eyes though.  They’re so deep and soulful.

• Like 4

On 7/29/2020 at 1:01 PM, syntyche said:

Here comes an era when the number of 'view rates' is just a number

The era has come when ratings are just numbers. The unwritten rule that ratings must lead to advertising execution is also being broken, and the cost of advertising in the domestic market does not exert much power to cover astronomical production costs.

As a result, what has become more important than ratings in the drama industry is "targeting" that can draw as much attention as possible to the enthusiasts.

"The King-Eternal Monarch," whose production cost per episode is 2 billion won, started lightly with a break-even point when it signed a contract with Netflix, although its ratings (maximum 11.6 percent, Nielsen Korea) were not good, along with harsh criticism from viewers. This domestic performance of the romance drama "The King" with actor Lee Min-ho at the forefront was finally cleared of the stigma due to its overseas popularity on Netflix.

Some say that it is time for structural changes to the classic ratings survey at a time when the media environment is rapidly changing.

Regarding the ratings that are losing influence, drama critic Eun Gu-seul said, "Nielsen Korea or TNMS's ratings method is to analyze the data of sample groups with ratings survey devices, and OTT's ratings are excluded. "If these ratings do not reflect the changing times, the standards of judgment of advertisers who used to use ratings as a barometer of advertising will also change," he explained.

He also added, "With the spread of the un-contact culture, the era has already come when we trust OTT such as Netflix and TVING, and the drama's popularity created by those who watch dramas on YouTube and Naver clips."

http://ports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202007291235003&sec_id=540201&pt=nv#csidx1e297fc9053a7eea98dc9a524f3b586

Finally! The K-ent industry is realizing what we have been saying all along - ratings are becoming outdated in this digital age! "The King" has been slaying worldwide. It should get the credit it deserves. 

That is excellent news!

22 hours ago, Geolyvseven said:

good even tho we knew this as far back as weeks before the drama ended it's overperformance was well documented and another thing to notice is that the Wavve numbers not being released is where the biggest misconception happened. 15mio+ plus on that platform meant TV should have never been quoted to begin with as solely measurement it made everything illogical but I am glad they touched upon that as well on the article 

Yes, Wavve should have been included in the ratings since it is also SBS

21 hours ago, syntyche said:

Korean red ginseng Cheong Kwan Jang's online sales in the first half of the year grew 37% year-on-year

As red ginseng is attracting attention as a health food for improving immunity against Covid-19, overseas online sales of Cheong Kwan Jang are increasing.

In China, T-Mall and jd.com run online flagship stores. Online sales grew 37 percent in the first half of this year from a year earlier. It is believed that it has become a major sales channel as it has grown to one-third of its traditional medium and weak channels.

Sales of online channels are also on the rise in the U.S. and Japan following the Covid-19. The U.S. corporation changed its corporate homepage into an online shopping mall so that customers can purchase it inside the website. It has also entered the world's largest online shopping mall, Amazon. Its Japanese subsidiary also operates a direct management mall and sells its products at its shopping mall "Rakuten."

"Online channels are easier to deliver content than other channels," said an official at the Korea Ginseng Corp. "Red ginseng is not well-known overseas and requires specific explanations as it is an unfamiliar health food, but at online malls it can be explained in detail through videos and graphics." "It is also an advantage that it greatly reduces the cost of opening and operating stores," he added.

Ginseng Corp. plans to continue expanding its online channels. Southeast Asia, including Vietnam and Malaysia, is also making efforts to develop new online channels.
It has been actively marketing its social media by having its director, Hongsam, enter local e-commerce channels such as "Lazada" and "Shopee." It has increased its brand recognition by selecting Hallyu star Lee Min-ho as the global model to raise brand awareness. "The spread of Covid-19 has promoted online sales of red ginseng abroad," said an official at the Korea Ginseng Corp. "There will be a 'K-Health' craze at overseas online shopping malls."

https://www.fnnews.com/news/202007291701496832

I will buy it if I can find it with LMH's photo but it is no longer available. There are no photos with the product presently. :dissapointed:

Edited by Sushimi
Do not quote emoji gifs, thanks
  • Like 6

Who is watching Lee Jong ki's new drama with moom chae won called flower of evil? I know this is not related to LMH but since we have talked about his new drama character I think this character will fit him. I just finished with the first episode and was really good. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

6 minutes ago, Lee taemin 123 said:

Who is watching Lee Jong ki's new drama with moom chae won called flower of evil? I know this is not related to LMH but since we have talked about his new drama character I think this character will fit him. I just finished with the first episode and was really good. 

Me!!! and yes, I agree with that you said, LMH would do real good with this type character. The charmer but Hiding a dark secret about his life. Basically like Penn badgley in “you”. Maybe I just really miss lee Min Ho, but I remember in TKEM, after LG gave the suicide order, that was sooo intense and dark and afterwards, he was all sweet cause he saw JTE. LMH can definitely pull the dual personality type. :).

• Like 6
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

I saw, in the Minoz Japan FB, a photo of LMH wearing a white t-shirt with 5 blue stars around the collar. His bangs are off his forehead.   Did anyone else see that photo?  I'm wondering if it's recent because I don't recognize that shirt.  It's hard to tell the location.

• Like 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 3

1 hour ago, Lee taemin 123 said:

@Lee taemin 123, I am & agree with you - the drama is good not because I'm biased when it comes to LJK - hahaha. :blush:

• Like 3

He's gone under-water, enjoying life or just reading a lot of scripts like reading novels, LOL. I think I'd enjoy that... free reading materials :P 

Or he's preparing lots of CF shooting and so be sure you've lots of money to buy those merchandise...

LOL, I found something funny and shake my head at myself that I still had it. It's the exam result in Heirs :D

I totally forgot about this but now that I'm reminded, lol, so Young Do is smarter than Tan and Tan is smarter than Eun Sang?!

:hahah!:

Spoiler

652be1c5gw1ebs5q4ebcxj20nm0zfjye.jpg

direct link if you can't see clearly: https://i.postimg.cc/wgm7G378/652be1c5gw1ebs5q4ebcxj20nm0zfjye.jpg

No 1 & 2 are Chan Young and Rachel

27 - Choi Young Do

35 - Bona

50 - Kim Tan

53 - ES

65 - Kang Ye Ji

100 - Jo Myung Soo (BAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

I'm going to delete this from the hard disk now... lol

• LOL 10

21 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

just reading a lot of scripts like reading novels

100% agree!! :transforms:

Oppa is busy reading offers and analyzing stories and characters with MYM! :approves: yay! 

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

LOL, I found something funny and shake my head at myself that I still had it. It's the exam result in Heirs :D

I totally forgot about this but now that I'm reminded, lol, so Young Do is smarter than Tan and Tan is smarter than Eun Sang?!

Hide contents

direct link if you can see clearly: https://i.postimg.cc/wgm7G378/652be1c5gw1ebs5q4ebcxj20nm0zfjye.jpg

27 - Choi Young Do

35 - Bona

50 - Kim Tan

53 - ES

65 - Kang Ye Ji

Haha!  This is timely.  I was on the last Epi of Heirs yesterday.  KT tore the hardcopy of exam results from the noticeboard , ran away whilst chased by CES.  Then CY posted it online, much to his dismay.    The last part which I wanted to know too , when he asked what CES got for hers.  Thank you @mademoisellesia 

giphy.gif

That first step :blush: Epi 10

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

He's gone under-water, enjoying life or just reading a lot of scripts like reading novels, LOL. I think I'd enjoy that... free reading materials :P 

Or he's preparing lots of CF shooting and so be sure you've lots of money to buy those merchandise...

Hide contents

direct link if you can't see clearly: https://i.postimg.cc/wgm7G378/652be1c5gw1ebs5q4ebcxj20nm0zfjye.jpg

27 - Choi Young Do

35 - Bona

50 - Kim Tan

53 - ES

65 - Kang Ye Ji

Thank you..for me it would have remained a mystery as to what was ES rank.Finally I know..:heart2beat:

Edited by Sushimi
Do not quote photos, thanks
  • Like 3
  • LOL 4

Looking forward to LMH’s return and TKEM was one of the things that kept me going in the initial phases of COVID19. I had something positive to look forward to every week that was making me happy. I miss him now very much, especially since we are having a spike in my area. Give us something Minossi

@Nikaa94 no updates at all yet? 

• Like 7

On 7/29/2020 at 4:42 AM, Geolyvseven said:

EeFJlwBWkAA6doU?format=jpg&name=medium

The following is just for fun!

There's an interesting vertical split in his face in this photo that I hadn't noticed before. When I cover up the right side of the photo the remaining half looks  a bit more reserved and skeptical, at least to me. The other side,  a bit softer, more open. It's mainly the eyes that are different.

There are theories about vertical splits in faces, saying that the two sides of a face can show different or mixed emotions. Curious, I looked at several full-face photos of him (or close to full-face, as he rarely faces a camera totally head on). The left side of the photo usually looks more reserved and the right side looks more engaged with the world, more expressive. If I got wildly speculative here, I'd suggest that in this photo, the left side indicates he may be a little  perturbed about something,  and right side shows he's on more of an even keel, as we know LMH tends to be, easily letting stuff roll off his back . 

I'm sure not an expert, but it was fun to play with the idea while still stuck in my house. What do you see? Am I making this up so I have something to think about while waiting for his new project?! :P 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, Aleumdaun said:

Looking forward to LMH’s return and TKEM was one of the things that kept me going in the initial phases of COVID19. I had something positive to look forward to every week that was making me happy. I miss him now very much, especially since we are having a spike in my area. Give us something Minossi

@Nikaa94 no updates at all yet? 

Same here. I've never been this engrossed in a drama. I was free that time and it was the only thing on my mind. I would read multiple forums on TKEM and rewatch and speculate all day and night! 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1