Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

2 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

It has really bad reviews, and the one in Tukwila is god awful.  But I was shocked by how good the Lynnwood one is!  It also took forever and a day to get my food, but I saw them frying it fresh.  So maybe that also made a difference.  I think I got lucky.  That, or maybe I had the blessing of LMH. 

I don’t know when me supporting an actor turned into me running around sampling everything he endorses - I’ve never done that with an American celebrity.  But LMH had that udon sighting and now I’m eating noodles and wrecking my diets  

Only a matter of time before I take out a loan to get that Iron Man mask.

LMH pls give us a new drama or movie soon.  Maybe no commercials.  

Ha ha ha .. I am supporting LMH through you @AgentQuake. I have to travel south or to SK to sample anything he endorses . Your chicken for 10 filled my stomach too. Thank you. 

That iron mask - I looked up on it - it’s even worse in Canadian.:crybaby:.

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I've been thinking @Nikaa94, other than GB, I don't recall ever hearing a rumor that LMH is considering a project.  Suddenly, the project will be announced.  I suspect that is the case again.  I'm hoping that he was at the restaurant eating udon wrapping up a business deal be it a project or an endorsement.  

Ok guys, to pass the time, let's try to figure out how the favorite scene poll is going to work.  Do we split it into 2 polls?  But then most of the choices, I suspect, are from the more recent dramas.  It will heavy competition between LOTBS and TKEM.  Think people!  lol

@Aleumdaun If you liked the diarrhea scene from PT, how about the one where Gae In asks Jin Ho "to buy the thing with wings"?  I was watching a clip of that scene and was laughing in bed.  

@CarolynH OMG, his expressions in that is priceless, esp with the school girls in the shop. Oh and when she is trying to stuff the rest in his pockets..hilarious.  :hwaiting2:

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1

41 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Am on Epi 2 of LOTBS ...     His eyes - gosh!   Sorry, I can't remember who's the chingu who pointed this scene to me .. was it you @Nikaa94 or someone?  

Yes, i think i mentioned this in 2 of my posts :D :doggie:

Both writer PJE and KES have created memorable lines praising LMH's beautiful eyes :fullofhearts: Lee Gon:  I have deep eyes 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

img%5D credit: DC Gallery 

• Like 3

EeEVwPLVoAEHGIN?format=jpg&name=small

Here comes an era when the number of 'view rates' is just a number

The era has come when ratings are just numbers. The unwritten rule that ratings must lead to advertising execution is also being broken, and the cost of advertising in the domestic market does not exert much power to cover astronomical production costs.

As a result, what has become more important than ratings in the drama industry is "targeting" that can draw as much attention as possible to the enthusiasts.

"The King-Eternal Monarch," whose production cost per episode is 2 billion won, started lightly with a break-even point when it signed a contract with Netflix, although its ratings (maximum 11.6 percent, Nielsen Korea) were not good, along with harsh criticism from viewers. This domestic performance of the romance drama "The King" with actor Lee Min-ho at the forefront was finally cleared of the stigma due to its overseas popularity on Netflix.

Some say that it is time for structural changes to the classic ratings survey at a time when the media environment is rapidly changing.

Regarding the ratings that are losing influence, drama critic Eun Gu-seul said, "Nielsen Korea or TNMS's ratings method is to analyze the data of sample groups with ratings survey devices, and OTT's ratings are excluded. "If these ratings do not reflect the changing times, the standards of judgment of advertisers who used to use ratings as a barometer of advertising will also change," he explained.

He also added, "With the spread of the un-contact culture, the era has already come when we trust OTT such as Netflix and TVING, and the drama's popularity created by those who watch dramas on YouTube and Naver clips."

http://ports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202007291235003&sec_id=540201&pt=nv#csidx1e297fc9053a7eea98dc9a524f3b586

Finally! The K-ent industry is realizing what we have been saying all along - ratings are becoming outdated in this digital age! "The King" has been slaying worldwide. It should get the credit it deserves. 

:approves:    

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 6

16 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Regarding the ratings that are losing influence, drama critic Eun Gu-seul said, "Nielsen Korea or TNMS's ratings method is to analyze the data of sample groups with ratings survey devices, and OTT's ratings are excluded. "If these ratings do not reflect the changing times, the standards of judgment of advertisers who used to use ratings as a barometer of advertising will also change," he explained.

He also added, "With the spread of the un-contact culture, the era has already come when we trust OTT such as Netflix and TVING, and the drama's popularity created by those who watch dramas on YouTube and Naver clips."

Finally! The K-ent industry is realizing what we have been saying all along - ratings are becoming outdated in this digital age! "The King" has been slaying worldwide. It should get the credit it deserves

It has to take another "drama" to show K-Ent industry who is THE KING !   Min Ho-ssi owns! 
Thank you  @syntyche

• Love 1
  • Awesome 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

The era has come when ratings are just numbers. The unwritten rule that ratings must lead to advertising execution is also being broken, and the cost of advertising in the domestic market does not exert much power to cover astronomical production costs.

As a result, what has become more important than ratings in the drama industry is "targeting" that can draw as much attention as possible to the enthusiasts.

"The King-Eternal Monarch," whose production cost per episode is 2 billion won, started lightly with a break-even point when it signed a contract with Netflix, although its ratings (maximum 11.6 percent, Nielsen Korea) were not good, along with harsh criticism from viewers. This domestic performance of the romance drama "The King" with actor Lee Min-ho at the forefront was finally cleared of the stigma due to its overseas popularity on Netflix.

Some say that it is time for structural changes to the classic ratings survey at a time when the media environment is rapidly changing.

http://ports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202007291235003&sec_id=540201&pt=nv#csidx1e297fc9053a7eea98dc9a524f3b586

Finally! The K-ent industry is realizing what we have been saying all along - ratings are becoming outdated in this digital age! "The King" has been slaying worldwide. It should get the credit it deserves. 

This is great news as we have been confirming TKEM popularity on Netflix for the coarse of its live broadcast.  Glad this should clear up those antis that we aren't delulu and TKEM is doing extremely well.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

optimize

Currently, the most popular drama worldwide is 'The King: The Lord of Eternity,' starring Lee Min-ho. If you look at the global OTT Netflix ranking by country, "The King" has been ranked first in Nigeria. It ranked among the top 10 in Romania, Turkey and India.

https://www.fnnews.com/news/202007291558099340

@Min2206 @happivirus my thoughts exactly. They needed another drama to make them realize and prove our point that things are no longer solely about terrestrial ratings these days. And "The King" has been performing well worldwide via Netflix! I hope this news spreads widely and change people's perspective on ratings in general and specifically on "The King." 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

Finally.

TKEM, LMH, WDH, and KGE were all over my social media when it was airing, and regardless of how much time I spend on here - I don’t follow a lot of Kdrama/Kpop on SM.  Currently, SYJ and KSH are all over my socials and they’re pulling even less ratings than TKEM.  I’ll be so glad when the antiquated Nielsen’s ratings is finally done with - we can’t use the same measures of success that they used 50 years ago.  We measure the success of musical artists with streaming - so why are we still using live TV ratings for shows?

I’m US based, but I canceled my $100 TV subscription some time back and reinvested it into all of the streaming services.  Now I can watch whenever I want to (usually 10pm to 2am), watch at the pace that I want to, and go pee and get a snack if I feel like it.

i can also pause for a sobbing break when LMH becomes too hot to handle, TKEM was very difficult to get through every time LG showed up in a new outfit

the beheading scene took like an hour to watch I had a meltdown

:twerk2:

am still paying $12 a month just for Heo Joon Jae though so maybe I’m not the best person to talk about this

• Like 6
  • LOL 7

21 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Currently, the most popular drama worldwide is 'The King: The Lord of Eternity,' starring Lee Min-ho. If you look at the global OTT Netflix ranking by country, "The King" has been ranked first in Nigeria. It ranked among the top 10 in Romania, Turkey and India.

@Min2206 @happivirus my thoughts exactly. They needed another drama to make them realize and prove our point that things are no longer solely about terrestrial ratings these days. And "The King" has been performing well worldwide via Netflix! I hope this news spreads widely and change people's perspective on ratings in general and specifically on "The King." 

Yes, I do hope so @syntyche.  Was feeling bad that LMH was being maliciously "blamed" by parties who wanted him down for the ratings in TKEM or whatever their reasons may be.  Must be really tough being a super-hallyu-star.   Amazingly , he is taking it on silently.   No wonder he is so loved by many. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 5

7 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Ok guys, to pass the time, let's try to figure out how the favorite scene poll is going to work.  Do we split it into 2 polls?  But then most of the choices, I suspect, are from the more recent dramas.  It will heavy competition between LOTBS and TKEM.  Think people!  lol

My Suggestion is Do it Individual Drama Wise!!!, then choose the Ultimate scene. :D

Phase 1 : Individual Drama Wise

Pahase 2: Poll Amongst Best 2/3 scenes choosen from Drama Wise.

Should buy everyone 2 months atleast before we get a Plausible or Possible Project Discussions.

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

15 hours ago, Aleumdaun said:

Thanks @willenette. you are as usual a treasure trove of information.  Do actors in theirs late 30s and upwards also conduct fan meeting too? 

@Aleumdaun, hahaha - FM isn't only limited to age - There are K-actors who are above 30s who are still conducting events like fanmeets, such the likes of RAIN, Lee Jun Ki, Choi Jin Hyuk & more............  :blush:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

optimize

4 hours ago, syntyche said:

good even tho we knew this as far back as weeks before the drama ended it's overperformance was well documented and another thing to notice is that the Wavve numbers not being released is where the biggest misconception happened. 15mio+ plus on that platform meant TV should have never been quoted to begin with as solely measurement it made everything illogical but I am glad they touched upon that as well on the article 

• Like 9