Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

I was watching a fan meeting video on YT - the one that was just before his MS. I like the way he answers - engaging and also feels true. While I understand actors like to keep their private lives private - esp in LMH's case, but the answers he gives seem genuine. Like the one, where he talks about his fall during the awards ceremony. He comes across someone who gives a lot of thought about stuff. I wonder what books he likes to read.

But the crowd there - wow! Looks likes at least 2000 people..all those women and this one guy. :offtospace:

I would settle for  a good interview - until we get news on his next project.

@willenette @Heretorant The fan meetings is that a regular thing for K actors to do?

• Like 5
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

1 minute ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Okay i just Google'ed it and voila it is Kimichi 

Huh? I thought Udon is wheat noddle often used in japanese cuisine? and i ahve eaten udon, both can be stri fry dish or Ramen style with broth. Maybe some menu included kimchi in it? but Udon is a wheat noodle.

• Like 3
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

On 7/26/2020 at 11:06 AM, willenette said:

'Viewership is not everything': K-dramas find norm-breaking recipe for success

optimize

Viewership used to be the pivotal factor in evaluating a Korean drama, and productions with high ratings were exported to reach a global audience.

But the game has changed ― Korean TV series with fewer viewers can still make an international splash thanks to streaming platforms such as Netflix. Even industry insiders say that "a low viewership has not pushed the K-drama industry over the edge."

A plethora of K-dramas ― including actor Lee Min-ho's romantic fantasy "The King: Eternal Monarch" (2020) and Kim Soo-hyun's rom-com "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" (2020) ― have conquered the most-watched TV show charts in various countries on Netflix, and others have gained popularity after being exported.

According to the Korea Creative Content Agency's (KOCCA) latest data, drama exports earned $214 million in 2018, a 19.2 percent jump from 2017.

In contrast, here at home, K-dramas are reeling from dramatic declines in viewership. Popular TV series' ratings hovered around 30 percent until a few years ago, but today, even the most-popular dramas barely exceed 15 percent and less sought-after productions such as KBS's 2020 rom-com "Welcome" hit less than 1 percent.

Additionally, star-studded casts have failed to save them.

"The King: Eternal Monarch" ended up garnering average ratings of 6 percent to 8 percent in Korea and "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" has shown a similar trend. In fact, these days, only one or two dramas surpass the 20 percent to 30 percent mark a year, according to a drama production company official who spoke to The Korea Times on condition of anonymity. This can largely be attributed to the rise of streaming platforms, he said.

"Thanks to Netflix and other services, I can choose to watch TV shows of assorted genres made in the U.S, Europe or many other countries at any time I want to," a Korean woman in her 20s told The Korea Times. "I don't watch Korean TV series frequently because of their cookie-cutter stories and excessive product placement," (PPL).

A rise in the number of people sharing comparable perspectives with her has triggered a fall in the ratings. But this has not excessively damaged the K-drama industry, according to the official.

"Viewership is no longer the absolute criterion for a drama," he said. "Even local broadcasters have lowered the target viewership ― they used to provide incentives to production companies if a drama recorded about a 20 percent rating, but now have lowered the bar as they know how much the industry has changed.

"Hence, instead of striving to boost the viewership in Korea, the production companies are seeking to diversify the platforms for their works to reach global viewers."

This has become a new recipe for success for K-dramas.

Nowadays, many productions ― especially the smaller ones ― are turning to Netflix. The streaming giant is known to cover a large portion ― sometimes even 100 percent ― of the total production cost that can be as high as tens of billions of won. Through the service, the production companies can also showcase their TV series to viewers in more than 190 countries.

"Celebrities like Lee Min-ho can draw global viewers and help his dramas gain worldwide popularity," Yoon said. "But as time goes by, viewers abroad will also prioritize a drama's quality over the actors."

K-drama makers agree with him. Production companies are striving to upgrade the quality of their work to eventually win over audiences at home and abroad.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Times

To read FULL article : https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/07/688_293337.html

This has been the case for awhile and as long the streaming platforms are in free flow things will change even more. Example having a streaming platform like Wavve with 15mio+ subscriber makes it just damn difficult for dramas airing on SBS, MBC and KBS and then when you add netflix on top of that with nearly 4mio subcribers that is nearly half of the population on streaming platforms currently

• Like 6
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

38 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Huh? I thought Udon is wheat noddle often used in japanese cuisine? and i ahve eaten udon, both can be stri fry dish or Ramen style with broth. Maybe some menu included kimchi in it? but Udon is a wheat noodle.

You are correct @scrawford!  

@willenette Re crash in 2005-That would be horrible to lose all the old stories and comments.  The new photos etc can be recreated, but it would be hard to find the older photos and especially the comments from LMH's mom.  I'm not sure I ever saw any other comments from his mom.  I think LMH also commented on dealing with his new found fame during BOF.  It seems the forum is still not stable.

Lmangla said that she is not sure if the badges will be back:cries:  It's not the loss of the  badge itself that would be disappointing to me, but how you guys pulled together and helped other members get their badge.  That memory would be lost if we don't get the badges back.

• Like 3
  • Sad 5

@CarolynH, My favorite scene in all of LMH's work is in Faith:

Ep. 12 where Eun-soo takes Choi Young's injured hand to warm it. He resists at first and then lets her take and hold it between her hands. There's such vulnerability between them in this scene. He discovers that she's quietly sobbing, her tears falling on their hands.  He  promises not to recklessly  risk his life again and gently asks her not to cry. Such a touching and intimate moment between these two! It just killed me.

Favorite scenes in other series/movies:

BOF: In Ep 2,  I was delighted when Jan Di went tromping down to the F4 den, and  gave Jun Pyo a well-deserved kick. 

Personal Taste: Ep 10--11. What else? The "Game Over" kiss! 

City Hunter: Ep 3, The fight in the kitchen with a spoon. The series had such a wonderful variety of tools for him to fight with! 

Heirs: Ep 3. The scene in the orchard with the sprinklers raining down on him, when he asks her why didn't she rescue him. He was so sadly vulnerable. It was such a contrast to how cocky he'd been up until then. 

LOTBS: Ep 19, Jun Jae's heartbroken farewell kiss, when she's leaving to recover in the sea.

The King: Ep 11 and 12. He leads the attack on the bad guys with the sword to rescue Tae-eul, and then runs to her, catching her up his arms to embrace her. Magnificent scene!

Bounty Hunters: The fight scene when they leap over the balstrade to fight the bad guys. I like this because there was a funny BTS video of them teasing each other during that scene that is the most memorable thing about the movie for me.

Gangnam Blues:  Very early in the movie, when he's still a

ragman, he winks at a small kid as he smokes a cigarette. He was utterly charming, even in rags!

• Like 7
  • Awesome 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

This may be one of the more random things I’ve posted on here but my coworker wants to give me two kittens 

Am considering names:

Gon and Yeong

Sam and Bucky

Potato and Tofu 

I really want to name them after LMH and WDH hahaha

• LOL 11

59 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

This may be one of the more random things I’ve posted on here but my coworker wants to give me two kittens 

Am considering names:

Gon and Yeong

Sam and Bucky

Potato and Tofu 

I really want to name them after LMH and WDH hahaha

@AgentQuake I see your love of food (potato and Tofu). I am quite surprise you didn't go for chicken and Kimchi. But Gon and Yeong  would be nice.

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

17 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

The King: Lee Min Ho 

Personal Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho: Eternal Monarch of my heart

Fight for Lee Min Ho

While Lee Min Ho was sleeping

it's OK that's Lee Min Ho

Extraordinary Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho Class  

Tell me What Lee Min Ho saw

Lee Min Ho

Hahahahahhaaha! This is great!

Hi everyone! Finally able to type here again! Was also afraid Soompi Forums stopped for good! 

Adding few! 

Its Okay To Not Be Lee Min Ho 

Diary of Lee Min Ho

Nobody Knows Lee Min Ho

Find Me In Lee Min Ho's Memory 

365: Repeat The Lee Min Ho Dramas

A Piece of Lee Min Ho's Mind

Oh My Lee Min Ho

:yum:

Wow thirsty and Wheres My Oppa are nice reaction additions!

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 4