Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

5 Korean Actors in Their 30s and are Famous Since the 2000s

2020 feels quite special, as many Korean actors who were famous in the 2000s continue to attract attention.

In their 30s, they turned out to be quite successful in capturing the hearts of fans with qualified acting.

Also, they look more handsome and mature than before.

This time, Tribunjogja.com summarizes a series of Korean actors who continued to shine since the 2000s, along with the Korean dramas that made them famous. 

Lee Min Ho 

sinopsis-the-king-eternal-monarch-episod

His acting in 'The King: Eternal Monarch' as King Lee Gon indeed won many fans.

Lee Min Ho successfully came back after two years of carrying out his military obligations.

Lee became famous since 2009 thanks to the drama 'Boys Over Flowers'. From there, he began to be known throughout Asia. Meanwhile, in 2011, he starred in 'City Hunter' which brought his name to Europe.

Lee became more famous thanks to 'The Heirs' which aired in 2013.

https://jogja.tribunnews.com/2020/07/05/5-aktor-korea-berusia-lebih-dari-30-tahun-yang-kembali-di-2020-dari-lee-min-ho-hingga-hyun-bin

Top 10 hottest Korean actors were voted by leading Japanese magazines

JJ Magazine, one of the leading fashion and lifestyle magazines in Japan, published on their homepage an article on the 10 most charismatic Korean actors. Accordingly, this list includes the extremely elite faces and always receive the hearts of the audience whenever they appear.

Lee Min Ho

One name that cannot be missed when discussing Korean popular actors is definitely Lee Min Ho. He is not only famous in Korea but also has a large fan base in many countries around the world. Especially in Japan, there are many fan communities created and willing to support Lee Min Ho wholeheartedly.

Accordingly, the factor that helps Lee Min Ho famous certainly include his angular, masculine face and ideal height. In addition, an important factor that keeps his fans supporting him is his personality and warm heart, as he is very philanthropic, helping people in difficult circumstances.

LeeMinHoQuanVuon06_20200703163711.jpg

leeminho31583145170762944972898_20200703

https://voh.com.vn/phim/v-bts-kim-soo-hyun-lot-top-10-nam-dien-vien-hot-nhat-man-anh-han-duoc-tap-chi-nhat-binh-chon-369733.html

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

WOAH to this one :please:

source: minoz_moonshine

Hide contents

TRIPLE WOAH !!! So stylish even when he’s killing people 

@syntyche thanks. I like this one. His cheeky smile here is to die for. He is hundred times more  adorable behind camera. I miss him. 

EcYY2kuUcAAGDNb?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, madmad min said:

Omo Viki Is my Goto Platform for Beautiful Shows (C dramas and K dramas) Netflix does not have all of them available.Maybe Accessing Viki via VPN might work???

@madmad min,  yes, this is because most of the popular shows are blocked for people outside the US. This is the reason why you need a VPN to get access. By using a VPN, you can simply connect your streaming device to a US server and start watching Viki with no roadblocks. If you try to access Viki from outside the US, you’ll receive the following message: “Sorry, this content is not licensed for your region” or “this video is not available in your region”. This means users have to make use of a VPN to access Viki wherever they are located. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, willenette said:

@madmad min,  yes, this is because most of the popular shows are blocked for people outside the US. This is the reason why you need a VPN to get access. By using a VPN, you can simply connect your streaming device to a US server and start watching Viki with no roadblocks. If you try to access Viki from outside the US, you’ll receive the following message: “Sorry, this content is not licensed for your region” or “this video is not available in your region”. This means users have to make use of a VPN to access Viki wherever they are located. :blush:

Ah Yes I figured that out, since whenever I open Netflix during Office VPN hours I get a different set of shows, Lol.

@Thong Thin you can try Express VPN and access Viki I believe.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

WOAH to this one :please:

source: minoz_moonshine

Reveal hidden contents

EcYVj5HU8AEWFw5?format=jpg&name=large

Reveal hidden contents

EcZuKv7U4AAX0S0?format=jpg&name=mediumEcZuKvtUEAApI1u?format=jpg&name=medium

Wow!!! he really slays.....Why does he have to look good all the Dam* time???? It's unreal.

I hope we hear from him soon!!! come one LMH and MYM. We thirsty over here :D

• Like 8

Hi guys!

Still working to get Carolyn H back.  I lost it once before, but no idea how I got it back so I may need to use Carolyn H2. 
new discussion:  what ending of a Lmh drama would you change ?  Mine:  CH- I would have ended it with YS and his father clutching hands.  How would you feel if that was the ending?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, willenette said:

@willenette I am looking for his works prior to BOF. I found him charming/funny in 'I am Sam' on Viki. Was this following his break from the accident? I have also not watched his films in entirety, only caught bits on YouTube. Any idea where I could find those?  Thanks. 

• Like 1

While we're waiting for the next poll to go up, here is the fourth and last quiz on Faith. I know there are many Chingus on this site that  really like Faith and/or Choi Young, so I invite you to give it a go!

1.  When the King gives the Doctor from Heaven to Ki Chul for seven days, the Queen confronts her husband and compares him to what animal?

2. After Choi Young enters the court just as the King’s uncle and the Doctor are beginning to make their way to the temple to be married, what two things does he do?

3.  Who asks Choi Young if his sword has become heavy?

4. At the end of the series, The Doctor from Heaven goes through the time portal to contemporary Seoul and then tries to return to where she had just left Choi Young. But instead she arrives in Goryeo 100 years before that time.

From Choi Young’s perspective, how long has she been gone when they’re finally reunited? 

Extra credit and a rare smile from Choi Young (with dimples!):  From the Doctor’s perspective, how long did she live in the earlier Goryeo period before going through the portal a final time to be reunited with Choi Young? 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, scrawford said:

Wow!!! he really slays.....Why does he have to look good all the Dam* time???? It's unreal.

I hope we hear from him soon!!! come one LMH and MYM. We thirsty over here :D

yesss!! :eats2:

LMH and MYM!!! Pali, pali (hurry in Korean language? :D ) 

@Heretorant crying partner, where r u? Lets cry together... :cries:

We need a solid script + good PD+ role LMH wants to play to tempt him into coming back??

Any writer here?? :joy:

Edit: I have said this like 100 times. LOL :D All good writers and PDs (Lee Eun Bok, CH director) are busy. What about us?? Which writer and PD do we have for Oppa??  

As if we are part of production company and can choose PD :joy:

why am I looking for writer and PD when i have absolutely no position or role in production company??  :rickroll: 

we need good PD and story please!! :sad1:

@Layali

LOTBS and City Hunter director was really good

img%5D

img%5D

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

@Heretorant crying partner, where r u? Lets cry together... :cries:

She busy in SK spying one certain couple ;), I'll be your crying partner for now :)

We need a solid script + good PD+ role LMH wants to play to tempt him into coming back??

Any writer here?? :joy:

Edit: I have said this like 100 times. LOL :D All good writers and PDs (Lee Eun Bok, CH director) are busy. What about us?? Which writer and PD do we have for Oppa??  

As if we are part of production company and can choose PD :joy:

why am I looking for writer and PD when i have absolutely no position or role in production company??   

we need good PD and story please!

@Nikaa94How about he will surprised us by taking on a low key project. maybe there is script that is promising but the writer is relatively unknown and the PD is good but not star PD. And the drama turned out to be critically acclaim? 

Maybe that's something i want. Something that will surprise us all.

He kept saying about being more mature and selective in his 30. I have a feeling he will surprise us with his next project.

I think aside from the unique story, he chose TKEM to give a good comeback for his fans, and what better comeback than KES drama right? 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, msdot said:

While we're waiting for the next poll to go up, here is the fourth and last quiz on Faith. I know there are many Chingus on this site that  really like Faith and/or Choi Young, so I invite you to give it a go!

1.  When the King gives the Doctor from Heaven to Ki Chul for seven days, the Queen confronts her husband and compares him to what animal?

2. After Choi Young enters the court just as the King’s uncle and the Doctor are beginning to make their way to the temple to be married, what two things does he do?

3.  Who asks Choi Young if his sword has become heavy?

4. At the end of the series, The Doctor from Heaven goes through the time portal to contemporary Seoul and then tries to return to where she had just left Choi Young. But instead she arrives in Goryeo 100 years before that time.

From Choi Young’s perspective, how long has she been gone when they’re finally reunited? 

Extra credit and a rare smile from Choi Young (with dimples!):  From the Doctor’s perspective, how long did she live in the earlier Goryeo period before going through the portal a final time to be reunited with Choi Young? 

I thought I read you responding to changing the ending in Faith, but cant seem to find now. Anyways, I liked Faith ending very much after my second watch. I liked the ending with them standing apart, taking each other in, with a smile on their faces and tears in their eyes..all that love and longing and finally being together against all odds. It is a poignant scene for me and I end up crying every time I watch it.

Here goes my attempt on your questions again:

1. Pheasant

2. a. Kiss her b. get himself arrested?

3. I don't remember his name but he is the captain/commander of the military. This scene happens in Daejang's room when the other guy asks him if his sword has become heavy after slaying so many people and he shares how  Choi Young's teacher talked about that to his dad.

4. around 5 years. 

Extra credit : I am not too sure but I guess one year? 

Thanks again for the quiz again. :wub:

2 hours ago, CarolynH2 said:

Hi guys!

Still working to get Carolyn H back.  I lost it once before, but no idea how I got it back so I may need to use Carolyn H2. 
new discussion:  what ending of a Lmh drama would you change ?  Mine:  CH- I would have ended it with YS and his father clutching hands.  How would you feel if that was the ending?

Hope you get your account back soon. 

Mine would be BOF and TKEM.

In BOF they didnt show Jan Di accepting the proposal or not. It is a given but still it would have been nice for Gu Jun Pyo's sake. 

In TKEM, I would have added a ring in the old couples fingers while showing up. Then I would be really happy that they became husband and wife, either in Republic of Korea or the Kingdom of Korea. Thanks for the topic

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, scrawford said:

She busy in SK spying one certain couple ;), I'll be your crying partner for now :)

@Nikaa94How about he will surprised us by taking on a low key project. maybe there is script that is promising but the writer is relatively unknown and the PD is good but not star PD. And the drama turned out to be critically acclaim

Maybe that's something i want. Something that will surprise us all.

He kept saying about being more mature and selective in his 30. I have a feeling he will surprise us with his next project.

I think aside from the unique story, he chose TKEM to give a good comeback for his fans, and what better comeback than KES drama right? 

- wait, @Heretorant is in SK? wow! Good for her! Have fun in SK and eat a lot of Korean foods :D YES!!! Be my crying partner!! :sad1: we should all cry together :D 

- The thing is,  LMH's project will never be low key :joy: Because we are talking about LMH. No matter who the writer and PD is and no matter what story, LMH creates buzz and draws attention in South Korean and worldwide.  Look at the articles about his IG updates, they always top Naver news. Imagine, article comes out with new project. Not only it will top the News in various sites, it will also create buzz. Again, SK people will start expecting and anticipating.  LMH is a big name in SK and very popular. That is why South Korean people have much high expectations from LMH. 

-I agree with you on that, but what if the newbie and unknown writer messes up? Usually actors are given 4-5 episode scripts and the rest will be written along the way. I think Itaewoon class writer was also newbie and I heard she messed up the drama and Korean netizens were angry about it. They also didn't like the romance and complained. I think cheese in the trap writer was also newbie and she messed up pretty bad. I don't mind new writer but as PD, he has to be experienced with great profile. PD is very very important. PD can make a simple story stand out. For example, DOT had a very simple story. But PD made it look so good. 

-agree with critically acclaim, we have talked about this, but i still don't know how a drama can be made into critically acclaim :D What elements and quality do we need to include in a drama for it to be critically acclaim. 

- yes, by selective he means that he will be carefully choosing his projects and also make sure to choose good and different projects. How can we interpret him saying more 'mature'? Does he mean he chooses more mature roles? (No more boyish??  :(:D ) edit: I know many here say darker and more mature roles are better because it will be a good change and we know from GB how well LMH can get into these types of roles. He needs different roles to play in future. edit 2:  Also, his next role shouldn't be rich or Korean netizens will complain. Even if the role has money, it shouldn't be the emphasis in the project. In TKEM, The King of course is beyond rich. 

- Yes, drama come back with KES was for his fans. He chose to come back with drama soon because of his fans. KES offered and he decided that was the best option. 

- If LMH had an interview POST-TKEM, we could get some idea what he wants. I am so curious to know what role LMH wants to play in future.

edit:  It is Okay if LMH's future role to have money, look at City hunter, he was rich and also paid for Nana's dad's surgery fees. :D  His house was big too. But his richness was not emphasized in the concept of drama. So, he shouldn't necessarily play some poor boy. :D 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

- wait, @Heretorant is in SK? wow! Good for her! Have fun in SK and eat a lot of Korean foods :D YES!!! Be my crying partner!!  we should all cry together

LOL! i was just teasing. She is not in SK. Although is a running joke between us that we would go to SK to confirm something LOl!

Anyway, i will reply to your points later. I assume you would be sleeping right now, so maybe when you wake up you will get a reply from me eheheheeh

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, scrawford said:

LOL! i was just teasing. She is not in SK. Although is a running joke between us that we would go to SK to confirm something LOl!

Anyway, i will reply to your points later. I assume you would be sleeping right now, so maybe when you wake up you will get a reply from me eheheheeh

Nooooooo!! I am not sleeping.  :D It has been long since I woke up (Now 2:00 PM here). 

I am looking forward to our discussion!! :D :happydance:

Minoz all!! :) please jump into discussion and agree or disagree or give new ideas or whatever you want.:rickroll::shaq:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I don’t think we’ll hear anything about a new project 

Spoiler

Until KSH’s drama is over

For another month or two.  I’m hoping he’s doing something with that King Sejong(is that the name) school; the one where people can learn the Korean language.  

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, CarolynH2 said:

I don’t think we’ll hear anything about a new project 

Hide contents

Until KSH’s drama is over

For another month or two.  I’m hoping he’s doing something with that King Sejong(is that the name) school; the one where people can learn the Korean language.  

Spoiler

OMG, why? can you explain more about KSH? So curious! 

To be honest, I don't like LMH and the othe guy to have project at the same time. I just don't like all these comparison and stuff. It is so tiring. for TKEM we got comparison with Goblin and i didn't like it so much so that I will never watch Goblin. I watched 2 episodes only before TKEM even started. 

Yeah, LMH is doing stuff for that school.

yeah, I kinda feel the same. His recent project finished earlier. I have to keep reminding myself of that. :D 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CarolynH2 said:

What about the writer for Forest of Secrets?  I think season 2 recently finished filming.  Does s/he have another drama?  

Love our discussion :D So cool we are looking for writer and PD :) 

I just checked and below is her profile. I think she only has stranger 2 (Forest of secrets) for 2020. so she doesn't have any drama yet for 2021, which is good. TBH, i haven't watched anything from this writer, but her profile seems good. I definitely want a good writer for Our Lee MinHo. :transforms:

http://asianwiki.com/Lee_Soo-Yeon_(screenwriter)

• Like 4