Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

I at times wonder if BOF had actually followed the OG Manga Storyline of JD-JP , would that have been one of the Best Romance? (I only read the reference @scrawford posted some-pages back), not have GJP sneeze at what could have been the best romantic moment between the 2. Hush Failed opportunities. Why not give JH a different lady than make JD-GJP funny.

Allow me to elaborate. That Necklace scene was originally took place in GJP's house and in the comic Jandi already became maid in his house. Even tho Jandi hasn't told GJP that She likes him, GJP already declared his love to her more than once. So, GJP told Jandi to meet with him at Midnight, jandi suddenly thought GJP was going to do something inapropriate to her, so then she was planning to escape and called her best friend and told her she was coming over to her house. But, As she open her bedroom door, GJP was right there already and dragged her to the balcony to see the meteor shower that supposed to take place. After Showing Jandi the meteor shower he asked her to closed her eyes and he put the necklace around her neck, she open her eyes and asked why he gave her the necklace and GJP passionately held her from the back and whisper to her "what's is wrong with giving something beautiful to someone i love?" and He stole a kiss from her.

And afterwards he asked how she feels about him and she told him that She can only like him for 10%, which then JP told Jandi That's ok, because he will make up the 90%. 

That's the original scene and the version that did justice with this is the 2001 TW version and 2018 chinese version. The japanese one didn't copied exactly but they didn't tampered Tsukasa and Makino other romantic scene. and they often blended two scene because of time constrain, they only have 8 episode for season 1.

Each version has to tweaked, modified, and cut some scene to fit number of episodes they have, which is fine, but they didn't tampered the OTP romantic scene, even if the had to cut out some scene. they still make the romantic scenes that they keep to have momentum and feel, whereas the SK version, they seem to changed it to a degree that it cost the OTP one screen chemistry.

The ones they had, like When Jandi and JP went on date and later sat in the car and watched a movie, they had to disrupt the kiss with the phone call, and then the necklace scene he had to sneezed to disrupt the kiss, and that's just to name a few. This is not saying that they don't have romantic moment, but it's very few for them being the OTP.

Ok, sorry rant over heheheh

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

Here’s mine. You won’t be surprised that it’s a little heavy on Faith and CY!

• Favorite Overall: Faith
  • Fav LMH Performance : CY 
  • Fav Romance : Faith
  • Fav Look : Faith / The King
  • Fav Action : City Hunter / Faith
  • Fav Bromance : CY and Gongmin
  • Fav Kiss: LBS when they’re parting
  • Fav Crying : Heirs - he seemed so totally bereft
  • Fav Character Overall : CY / LG
  • Least FAV Wardrobe : Heirs 
  • Least Fav Hairdo : LBS - in both time frames
  • Least FAV Pairing : The King 
  • Least favorite work: BH because his voice was dubbed
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

2 hours ago, scrawford said:

I actually love Personal taste. It's a rom com so not much meat in the story and no character arc aside from two friends being in love. But i think Both LMH and SYJ nailed the character and i love LMH's look in PT. it's 2020 and i still think he looks swoon there

Perfect!  I'm working on the quizzes for PT.  I stopped because I didn't think many people would participate.  It's a cute drama.  I don't understand why people don't rewatch it.

Guys, my laptop is acting up, so if you don't hear from me, it's because I can't log in.  I tried on my laptop yesterday, but it kept freezing.  I think it may be time to buy another.  I have no idea what my password is, but tried to log in using my tablet and google and FB--nope I kept receiving the wrong password message.  Today, when I turned on the laptop, the screen was complete black (not the blue screen of death) and finally, i was able to log on to the laptop.  

Since everyone is talking about favorites, we may as well switch to favorites and put the quiz on hold.  Let's do a poll for favorites, so people who don't post can participate.  I'd like to save the "big one" like fave drama, performance for later.  Let's start with Fave OST and bromance.  PM me your suggestions and I'll ask Lmangla to set up the poll.  Do we want the poll up for a week?  

• Like 11
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Let's start with Fave OST and bromance.  PM me your suggestions and I'll ask Lmangla to set up the poll.  Do we want the poll up for a week?  

I like that, But does the OST belong to the Ones LMH sang or Overall Drama OST??

• Like 1

I'm going to finish up on the recent Faith quiz. Thank you to @CallieP, @Layali and @Aleumdaun for submitting answers! @Aleumdaun, a newbie on this thread, did particularly well!

1. Q: What animal does Hwa Su-in (the fire lady) use to describe Choi Young to Ki-chul after he (along with the Doctor and the young prince) escapes from her trap on Ganghwa Island?

A: She’s very frustrated that she lost him as she tells Ki-chul that Choi Young is like a rat with wings. Episode 7

2.  Q:  Poison figures prominently in this series and the King’s uncle poisons the Heavenly Doctor not once, but twice!

a. The first time, how did he poison her, and what does Choi Young have to do to get the antidote from him? 

b. The second time, how did he poison her, and what does Choi Young have to do to get the antidote?

A: a. The first time he places poison on the paper he gives to the Doctor, who has to lick her fingers to separate the sheets from each other. To obtain the antidote, Choi Young has to obtain the Royal Seal and give it to the King’s uncle. Episode 15 

b. He pricks her forearm with the poison. This was a trick question: Choi Young can’t do anything; there is no antidote for the second poison. Episode 18

3. Q: The Heavenly Doctor uses a familiar tune to help her remember the names of Goryeo kings as well as Chinese dynasties. What tune does she sing? 

A: Twinkle, twinkle little star. Episodes 3 and 4.

4. Q:  When threatening the King’s uncle to obtain the antidote for his poisoned Imja, how many men does Choi Young tell him that he’s killed?

A:  He has killed so many men that he has lost count. Episode 15.

A: She asks if he’s a pheasant that, when pursued by a hunter, hides its head in the sand, thinking it can’t be seen. Episode 5

• Like 6
  • Love 2

57 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Perfect!  I'm working on the quizzes for PT.  I stopped because I didn't think many people would participate.  It's a cute drama.  I don't understand why people don't rewatch it.

Guys, my laptop is acting up, so if you don't hear from me, it's because I can't log in.  I tried on my laptop yesterday, but it kept freezing.  I think it may be time to buy another.  I have no idea what my password is, but tried to log in using my tablet and google and FB--nope I kept receiving the wrong password message.  Today, when I turned on the laptop, the screen was complete black (not the blue screen of death) and finally, i was able to log on to the laptop.  

Since everyone is talking about favorites, we may as well switch to favorites and put the quiz on hold.  Let's do a poll for favorites, so people who don't post can participate.  I'd like to save the "big one" like fave drama, performance for later.  Let's start with Fave OST and bromance.  PM me your suggestions and I'll ask Lmangla to set up the poll.  Do we want the poll up for a week?  

Thanks an ocean!!! What a great idea!! LOVE YOU!! :heart3::happydance:

Thank you so much for the polls. It is so fun and makes us distracted until we get some news from LMH. Below is my list of suggestions. don't know how many we can suggest. But I kept it short :D 

1- The Heirs OST by Lee Min Ho called 'Painful Love'

2- The King OST by Paul Kim called 'Dream'

3- Boys Over Flowers OST by Ji Sun called 'What should I do?" (This is the OST played when JD jumps in the pool for GJP and GJP regains her memory, so good and romantic) 

@CarolynH If we can only suggest one favorite OST, I will go with 'Painful Love' by Lee Min Ho (Heirs).  Because LMH's own OST and voice is on a different level for me and his own voice beats the rest of the OST among all his dramas.  :D 

Bromance 

1- The King- LG and JY

• Like 3
  • Love 3

41 minutes ago, msdot said:

I'm going to finish up on the recent Faith quiz. Thank you to @CallieP, @Layali and @Aleumdaun for submitting answers! @Aleumdaun, our newbie on this thread, did particularly well!

1. Q: What animal does Hwa Su-in (the fire lady) use to describe Choi Young to Ki-chul after he (along with the Doctor and the young prince) escapes from her trap on Ganghwa Island?

A: She’s very frustrated that she lost him as she tells Ki-chul that Choi Young is like a rat with wings. Episode 7

2.  Q:  Poison figures prominently in this series and the King’s uncle poisons the Heavenly Doctor not once, but twice!

a. The first time, how did he poison her, and what does Choi Young have to do to get the antidote from him? 

b. The second time, how did he poison her, and what does Choi Young have to do to get the antidote?

A: a. The first time he places poison on the paper he gives to the Doctor, who has to lick her fingers to separate the sheets from each other. To obtain the antidote, Choi Young has to obtain the Royal Seal and give it to the King’s uncle. Episode 15 

b. He pricks her forearm with the poison. This was a trick question: Choi Young can’t do anything; there is no antidote for the second poison. Episode 18

3. Q: The Heavenly Doctor uses a familiar tune to help her remember the names of Goryeo kings as well as Chinese dynasties. What tune does she sing? 

A: Twinkle, twinkle little star. Episodes 3 and 4.

4. Q:  When threatening the King’s uncle to obtain the antidote for his poisoned Imja, how many men does Choi Young tell him that he’s killed?

A:  He has killed so many men that he has lost count. Episode 15.

A: She asks if he’s a pheasant that, when pursued by a hunter, hides its head in the sand, thinking it can’t be seen. Episode 5

Thanks for putting up the quiz  @msdot. I enjoyed it very much. Reg question 2b. I was tricked for sure. I  knew there was no antidote, but it has been some time since I watched Faith I thought I had missed it somewhere, especially since the Uncle guy was always having some hidden plot  to make CY or Imja do his bid.  Clever of you. :D

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Edgar Pordwed said:

Ooh LOTBS too.

Yeah. He did quite alot of them especially when the mermaid broke into his house early in the morning hahaha tho he got his a$$ handed to him since the mermaid was hell'va strong he got kicked and flew couple of meters backwards

• Like 1

Ok now I may have really done it.  It’s CarolynH.  I clicked request new password and so far no email from soompi so I may have lost that account.  And my points! Oh no and my Lmh trophy! :cries:Only good thing is that I can use my phone and tablet.
sorry @msdot go ahead and finish the Faith quiz since it will take a while to set up the poll.

@madmad min and @Nikaa94  We can do 2 questions up to 20 choices.  I have to confirm with lmangla but I want to include any song ( or instrumental) from lmh’s dramas.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 5

6 minutes ago, CarolynH2 said:

Ok now I may have really done it.  It’s CarolynH.  I clicked request new password and so far no email from soompi so I may have lost that account.  And my points! Oh no and my Lmh trophy! :cries:Only good thing is that I can use my phone and tablet.
sorry @msdot go ahead and finish the Faith quiz since it will take a while to set up the poll.

@madmad min and @Nikaa94  We can do 2 questions up to 20 choices.  I have to confirm with lmangla but I want to include any song ( or instrumental) from lmh’s dramas.

You should hashtag @Lmangla hopefully they can join both accounts for you 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, CarolynH2 said:

noooooo!!! :(( :brokenheart:

I can do donation?? How many points was it for trophy?? I already got mine and I don't care about points and stuff :D 

I miss your old profile!! not used to this new one :((  Try to contact soompi  :((

about OST, it would be nice to include any song from his dramas. We love all them. My favorite is his ost 'Painful Love' :D 

Edit: I just checked and you need 2500 points for LMH trophy and only 10 left!! If you didn't get your old account back, i will donate fast and you get LMH's trophy!!!

You are one of the long-time, passionate, contributor Minoz!!!! You should have trophy and your profile  :cries:  @Lmangla  please help! 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

I also like his brushed-up hairstyle in his pilot outfit in LOTBS (again with that forehead :lol:)

Sorry for cutting your post. i really dig him in this outfit. He is so carefree handsome in the pic your posted. Thanks.

Sorry, out of topic on this thread but would like to thank you very much for your math explanation on the TKEM Thread. It was beautiful. :wub:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

@Nikaa94 So here are my favorite hairstyles/hair color of LMH:

I particularly like his hairstyle in TKEM. I like seeing his forehead :D. I like the dark brown hair color.  

giphy.gif

Of course, he could never go wrong with the classic black color

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

I also like his brushed-up hairstyle in his pilot outfit in LOTBS (again with that forehead :lol:

bayvG9h.gif

But he also looks charmingly boyish with his bangs. I like his hair color here too.

Reveal hidden contents

QM5076N.gif

And of course, LMH hair talk wouldn't be complete without a gif of him flipping his hair. I remember during his MS days when we would go gaga whenever he flips his hair lol.  

km9SSAx.gif

OMG!!!!! Your GIFs are on fire!!! So good!! Thanks for your participation!! :happydance:

How hot and cute it is when LMH brushes his hand through his hair. why so good?? why so cool??

The last GIF and his hair color so good! :heart2beat:what is that hair color? reddish brown?? wow!! love it!! 

I'm so curious what his next project will be and what hair color and style!!! I miss his bangs in drama. :heart2beat:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've been rewatching TKEM and watched the ending last night. what can I say? Every time he first appears on the screen my heart gives a special thump and I feel it down to...well, you know.!:D

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Heres mine! Only counting dramas not movies. I know theres a poll but still!

• Favorite Overall: City Hunter
  • Fav LMH Performance : City Hunter, LOTBS, BOF
  • Fav Romance : LOTBS, but I liked Faith, TKEM and PT too
  • Fav Look : Faith and City Hunter
  • Fav Action : City Hunter and his cane fighting in TKEM 
  • Fav Bromance : City Hunter and Ajusshi, Heo Jun Jae and Mimi Hong Dong Pyo, even the other bromances in LOTBS
  • Fav Kiss: Game over, Beheading kiss, City Hunter kiss
  • Fav Crying : LOTBS, BOF,  City Hunter
  • Fav Character Overall : City Hunter and Heo Joon Jae, even Lee Gon.
  • Least FAV Wardrobe : Heirs
  • Least Fav Hairdo : Heirs
  • Least FAV Pairing : Heirs 
  • Least favorite work: Heirs
  • Like 7

I just figured that director of city hunter and LOTBS, whom most of us wanted for LMH's next project besides director Lee Eun Bok , is director of another drama for JTBC. :criesariver:  :sad1:

All the good writers and directors are busy with other projects, we even have shortage of female lead....:sweating: 

PD is very important, anyone knows any great PD for drama?

Do we get drama from LMH in 2021??  I kinda feel we will get movie, which I don't mind. But I also wanted a drama... kinda lost my hope.. :brokenheart:

Edit: Lee Min Ho now has 18.1 M followers, 100K increase!!! WOWW! SO FAST :gangnamstyle:

We will go up to 25 M followers on IG (As many as Half of South Korea population :D before LMH's next drama 

• Like 10

WDH did an interview with Marie Claire Tw before enlistment. Here's some relating to Lee Min Ho....

"Lee Min Ho is my majesty in the play, and will always be my majesty in the future."

QWhat is the most interesting or most satisfying part of your acting and why? 

A: The bridge where I acted with Your Majesty (Lee Min Ho) is the happiest part of my acting skills. Senior Lee Min Ho always treats each other sincerely and gets along well with everyone, so they are happy memories with him.

QWhat is the tacit understanding with Lee Min Ho?

A: It is actually very difficult to give a specific example of what kind of tacit agreement is there, but we really are very good. When I was shooting with my seniors, I was always very happy. My seniors also took special care of me and would understand me and make me feel comfortable acting. For me, he was my majesty from the beginning and will be my majesty in the future.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 4

@Min2206 (I qouted you but I lost the quote because I logged out automatically)

True. It's not only the eyes but also his entire vibe energy and demeanor. Some of his characters were so intensely into the FL that they could be declared ''MAD'' where everything happens at much higher level emotionally. It comes to him pretty much naturally.

On 7/6/2020 at 9:24 AM, yuiy78 said:

Chingu, you really spot on here with those you have said.

I really feel the intensity from LMH toward his FLs. When he was in love, I also could feel it.

On 7/6/2020 at 9:40 AM, Narine Joa said:

I wholeheartedly agree. He has a vibe about him and demeanor allover him especially when he is jealous. You can see that he doesn't only love but his obsessed and possessed with them

Exactly he mostly operates in levels that normally people would deem ''MAD'' but it's due to the intensity he puts into it but comes off very well to the watching eye and it invokes alot of emotional out of them and they get drawn into it.

On 7/6/2020 at 9:00 PM, CallieP said:

Totally agree with your description of his IT-factor. Intensity and charisma. I would include charm,  screen presence, good looks and his height does help the IT factor. It requires several qualities to create the IT factor and LMH has it in spades. 

There is levels to this and I mean generally in acting but there are certain amount of talent like his which is just raw powerful talent. If you trace back his career he started out like every other actor with the humble begins and everything but sometimes we see actors who rise from different places in the world due to an X-FACTOR the world will embrace. 

Some say the X-factor is due to looks that is just baseless and I am going to explain why?

Looks can be a bonus but looks itself will never do much benefit to any actor if he doesn't have the other necessary strengths. Majority of the actors are all good looking people both in Asia and western world and you see good looking people everywhere and I mean Healthy good looking males all of them but the separation line comes from skills, craft, gamesmanship, intelligence (In chosing right scripts and interpreting characters in your way of understanding) etc etc.  All these are part of the job but most of the top actors get it right so it's not a topic we will use alot of time talking about. 

The massive success behind Lee Min Ho is most called an X-factor but just another word for talent. Because when you have the right amount of skillset and talent you will shine no matter what. I remember reading somewhere someone mentioned before ''that you could send LMH back in time to his 2006 self and then let him retry again without casting him in BOF but he will still be here and have big break-outs''. I completely agree with that hence a true world class talent will always find it's path to success because the world has a way of making roads for talent. 

Example: Technically you could cast Won Bin, Jo In Sung etc etc in his roles and all good looking guys but they won't be able to do much with these roles and won't go anywhere with it and this is where the X-factor comes into play massively. There is only so much you can do but there are boundaries one can't cross and limitation which is a reality part of life. The question is why? Because they won't be able to generate that much of intensity and charisma joined this will be the natural separation line. Looks is not an issue at all here but because you can't technically push someone who doesn't possesse the right skillset to overachieve in his field 

• Like 3
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Chingus':heart:

leeminho-lee-min-ho-17782969-377-500.jpg

@yuiy78love your statement "age like wine" and  I  am glad we are on the same

boat sharing the same thoughts about LMH eyes.

@Nikaa94  @scrawford @yuiy78 me love to have LMH-PSH reunion again, but is there

a possibility.

There's a new babe in town , Han So Hee  she is young and pretty. 

Her role was damn good in The World of Marriage, is good also if LMH can work with her.

@willenetteYes, agreed. LMH bromance with WDH is so closed like brothers. Hope their friendship continues for a long time and I would very much like to have both in drama again.

@Min2206you are most welcome. 

Lady Choi has to be tough  in order to discipline the Wooldalchis especially  General Choi Young:D

@madmad minI love KWB too. Hoping to see his comeback soon after his recovery.

No doubt they are always against each other in Heirs, KWB is a good actor too.

@mademoisellesiaPhew... takes me sometime to look for you, your name was so long,hahaha

Yes, I love Lady Choi in Faith too. None of the Wooldachis dare to disobey her.

She is a very good actor. Daejang dare not go agst her else he'll get kick on his butt :w00t:

@syntyche his face looks fat :joy: okok. Just heard @scrawfordsays he gain weight on his face.

Apologize,hahaha

Talking about hair, I remember once he said that he cant go out cause his hair stylist is not around

to help him style his hair,lol

Yup, I love him in uniform too. Looks smart .

Spoiler

EcRy-i5UcAMDrR0?format=jpg%26name=small&

This gifs smile was hilarious. Can even count how many teeth he has:w00t:

Spoiler

giphy.gif&key=6a16a089ee050a539f3ae2254a

@gwin Why is it that you have not watch City Hunter and Faith.

If you love LMH you  got to watch & I can tell, you will never regret.

You get to see the different side of LMH  in Daejang.

Won't tell you much, you have to see and feel yourself :approves:

@CarolynH  @CarolynH2hope you recover back your password. Poor girl. I feel for you.

*HUGS*

@Time loop @Edgar Pordwed

Discovered  LOBTS and BOYS from Netflix last night and decided to re-watch LOBTS.

Lol, saw it too from EP 1 - 3. He did it so well , cute & funny.

Edit : While waiting for LMH next project, going to re-watch BOYS, HEIRS & LOBTS

(only LMH scenes,:tounge_wink:)

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

me love to have LMH-PSH reunion again, but is there

a possibility.

There's a new babe in town , Han So Hee  she is young and pretty. 

Her role was damn good in The World of Marriage, is good also if LMH can work with her.

Yeah a reunion will be fun and nice. She is one of the actresses on my list for LMH's next project. I liked their chemistry and romance in Heirs. 

I have mentioned Han Soo Hee too in some previous post too. She is a rising actress. She is pretty but also looks a bit mean :joy: LMH's face is handsome, lovely, cute, and adorable. He has it all in his face. :glasses: Han Soo Hee next to LMH is so-so!  LMH is too lovely and kind-looking for her. For example, MCW has lovely face and also good at acting. Gong Hyo Jin is also a very good option for FL. I am glad she doesn't have a new drama on her hands yet. Her acting is amazing and she has this lovely and adorable face. 

*This is just my personal opinion :D 

Look at his smile!!  

img%5D

Spoiler

img%5D

At first, I suggested Han So Hee too. But more than having a pretty face matching Korean standard beauty (small face, good jaw line, eyes big enough, long bridge nose), I would say a female actress having a lovely and adorable face with cute smile is much better. :D 

Spoiler

edit: None of these actresses are my bias and I'm not trying to pair LMH with ANY actress to get to shipping stuff. This is just my analysis of next Female Lead as a Minoz. :) 

• Like 7