Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

23 hours ago, Wis dom said:

Example lets just assume your LMH and your chosing a drama? The question will be what type of drama do you seek? If you want something lowkey for exlusively local market you do a rom-com or makjang or something similar that is relatable to the local market but if you seek mass consumption you don't take dramas like that specifically dramas like Camellia blooms and My Mister and Another etc etc. All these dramas will not benefit him and will be counter-productive for him. I-fans don't share same tastes as the locals and specifically the mainstream I-fans and they are more into fantasy spectacles but if you give them a rom-com or makjang they will abandon ship and stop watching immediately. The key is to keep this mass audience in place and keep them occupied and look for an expansion of audience.

You have to rationalize the cons and pros and accordingly TKEM's pros outweigh. You have already a very wide ranch of audience in place and what you do is you concentrate on these audience just like how Netflix operates they see a hit they keep producing it and it's that simple.  

TKEM's main objective should be expanding in that horizone and put the focus there because there is demand. You always have to meet the demand

22 hours ago, Wis dom said:

If you look at his career where his at right now it's more like ''The expansion pace'' This is what he needs currently just to expand but if he goes back to do Rom-com or makjang it will unbalance his career trajectory. It's possible to conquer the world with TKEM. I don't think it's at Money Heist level yet but not far off either with 1 or 2 more seasons it will be there becoming one of the biggest in-house Netflix productions. It's on the right path

Pretty much this even here in Paris I run into people talking about the king regularly on the streets and have never experienced this before. 

6 hours ago, CallieP said:

You have been pretty accurate in your predictions so do you predict that Netflix will come up with a Season 2 offer for TKEM?  If the writer and stars decline, do you think they will make it public or it will remain a secret that an offer was made?

I really hope if they can come up with a good story, and big budget and it will be a Netflix series, LMH will accept it.  Another writer could do the next season if KES does not want to, she could sell her rights to title of the Story and another writer could take over. 

The documentary had 4 episodes and he was there in the wild suffering the cold and harsh conditions for many months.  It was not an easy project for him.

Yes. They will need to put a big budget on it because the first season was also a big budget and it kinda broke away from the norm and tried to be very ambitious and this is what has helped it alot. If you want massive you gotta do big productions. TKEM has truly a bright future ahead with another big budget it can do wonders especially all the people who watched it will tune in automatically and could experience natural expansion in viewership. They should release 2 episodes per week on Netflix and everything exclusively on Netflix but dropping all episodes I don't want it. It can take little bit away from all the fan-fare

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

I would love to see lmh in thriller where he acts like sweet man in real but a murderer psychopath at night. He will pull it off and win all awards. Please something like this!

I got chill just by thinking of it... So excited if LMH indeed took this kind of role :w00t:

Yes yes yes Road to DAESANG!!! :sparklyeyes:

Mannn we just got greedier just by thinking abt LMH next project:joy:

So no KES, no PJE, no chaebol character, no fantasy, lowkey but strong scripwriter, excellent PD, what else?:sweats:

• Like 4
  • LOL 6
  • Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Miss Pizza said:

I got chill just by thinking of it... So excited if LMH indeed took this kind of role :w00t:

Is this some kind of practical joke. What is this beef with KES and PJE? It's ridiculous sorry for saying this. These two women has done great by LMH and probably responsible for his career growth. I won't tolerate any ill will towards these 2 awesome writers lets refrain from that in here please and keep it grown up subjects and rational

• Like 3

Seem like we all have different views on LMH next project.  Some wants TKEM s2 and some don't.  Some wants him with certain actresses and some don't. Regardless of which way he chooses kmedia gonna hammer him one way or another.. I have a strang feeling even if him has high rating locally and didn't make his mark internationally the Kmedia going write something along the line like LMH lost his Hallyu influence or he no longer has the X factor. My whole point is I hope we can come together and have louder voice than those Kmedia or haters. Just like this time when TKEM has great international success and yet we're still butt hurt with local rating because of media selective choice of words. We should celebrate this amazing achievement that no other Kdrama have done it to this scale of success. We should address more and be proud more and speak louder. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, scrawford said:

I know right? However The Swoon wrote a statement regarding lacked of TKEM content. According to them, they didn't have a lot of time to shot content with TKEM cast because they were busy with shooting schedule, so they were only able to shot 2 segment and photoshoot.

BUt...i think he did a couple different photoshoot according to his IG post from a few weeks back, so hopefully we will get to find out, what those photo shoot is about :)

I thought same they said they are busy but still there isn't only interview photoshot, not only LMH but also TKEM team actors right? Did you see WDH or KGE interview?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Miss Pizza said:

So no KES, no PJE, no chaebol character, no fantasy, lowkey but strong scripwriter, excellent PD, what else?:sweats:

If drama: No sbs!! tvN+Netflix or just Netflix!   +++ A lot of promotions+++ a lot of Swoon videos!!++++Wrap up party :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Is this some kind of practical joke. What is with the chaebol thing since when did he do that like 7 years. What is this beef with KES and PJE? It's ridiculous sorry for saying this. These two women has done great by LMH and probably responsible for his career growth. I won't tolerate any ill will towards these 2 awesome writers lets refrain from that in here please and keep it grown up subjects and rational

I second you. These two women done amazingly to get to where they are. They didn't become famous simply through luck. They earned their place just like our boy. His international success is partly thanks to them.  The one to blame are those nonsense articles and haters alike that want them to fall and are trying hard to cover their accomplishment.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, happivirus said:

I second you. These two women done amazingly to get to where they are. They didn't become famous simply through luck. They earned their place just like our boy. His international success is partly thanks to them.  The one to blame are those nonsense articles and haters alike that want them to fall and are trying hard to cover their accomplishment.

Exactly and I can't help but feel we are discussing irrelevant subjects as awhole. We rarely see this type of success but we are talking about next makjang what is wrong with people these days. You literally conquered the world ''Termed officially netflix hit drama'' but you are stuck in talking about some irrelevant stuff. I just think the priorities are up on it's head out here. Lets move on to greener pastures 

• Like 3

While the ending of the series The King: Eternal Monarch has been aired, the craze around the fantasy drama is far from over.

There are still lots of things to unpack from the last few episodes for the fans, considering that the journey has been a winding but worthwhile one.

The King: Eternal Monarch is a 2020 romantic-fantasy drama.  Lee Min-Ho stars as Lee Gon, a modern-day Emperor of the Kingdom of Corea, who travels to a parallel world (which is the Republic of Korea). There he meets Violent Crimes Division detective Jeong Tae-eul, played by Kim Go-eun, whom he recognized due to a police ID he obtained from the past.

With a story that deals with power, loyalty, and love, fans also cherished moments of Emperor Lee Gon and Jeong Tae Eul that left us at the edge of our seats.

Take a look at the sweetest The King moments by scrolling down below:

Riding into another world

At this point in the series, audiences can see that Tae Eul is becoming more at ease with the king, having realized that Lee Gon is sincere with his words. Lee Gon then asks her to come with him to his original world. The scene definitely feels like every girl’s dream to be taken away on horseback by a handsome royalty!

https://lifestyle.abs-cbn.com/starstudio/stories/2020/06/read/kilig-for-the-king-eternal-monarch-finale-leaves-fans-in-awe

• Like 4
  • Love 2

54 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Is this some kind of practical joke. What is this beef with KES and PJE? It's ridiculous sorry for saying this. These two women has done great by LMH and probably responsible for his career growth. I won't tolerate any ill will towards these 2 awesome writers lets refrain from that in here please and keep it grown up subjects and rational

43 minutes ago, happivirus said:

Chingu, sorry if my post or my choice of words somehow offended you or any people on this thread or give a perception tht I downgrade KES or PJE. Believe me, if I want to do tht, I wont be here.

Like both of you, Im also thankful to KES & PJE, both of them are great writer and like you said LMH success also partly thanks to them. Not one will dispute that. Not many actors have the honour for a starwriter to write a character specifically for them like LMH had.

But just like how our opinion differs on whether TKEM should continue for S2 or not, thats how my opinion on them. Again, we cannot have all. A project with starwriter, the extremely high expectation will always be there. Some of you might be ok and can practically ignore reading all those nonsense articles but some people like me will get really hurt just by seeing that.

But that doesnt mean if LMH choose to work again with both them I will not support him. At the end of the day, its LMH has the final say on how he wants to expand his career onwards. I will continue to support him no matter what.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

12 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Is king getting released in china? Seventeen kpop group member releasing chinese version ost?? But i hope it is good for LMh. I m happy as his fan if hallyu ban gets removed.

China use to invest in dramas and probably use to bankroll some dramas throwing alot of money on it. It would be actully nice if IQIYI gets the rights for TKEM S2. They would throw alot of money it on it 3 times it's currently budget. Chinese money is no joke. I won't mind seeing that

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Miss Pizza said:

Chingu, sorry if my post or my choice of words somehow offended you or any people on this thread or give a perception tht I downgrade KES or PJE. Believe me, if I want to do tht, I wont be here.

Like both of you, Im also thankful to KES & PJE, both of them are great writer and like you said LMH success also partly thanks to them. Not one will dispute that. Not many actors have the honour for a starwriter to write a character specifically for them like LMH had.

But just like how our opinion differs on whether TKEM should continue for S2 or not, thats how my opinion on them. Again, we cannot have all. A project with starwriter, the extremely high expectation will always be there. Some of you might be ok and can practically ignore reading all those nonsense articles but some people like me will get really hurt just by seeing that.

But that doesnt mean if LMH choose to work again with both them I will not support him. At the end of the day, its LMH has the final say on how he wants to expand his career onwards. I will continue to support him no matter what.

Please don't need to apologise.  My post isn't aim at you or anyone just couldn't rationalize why we can't focus on this amazing achievement TKEM has. Even now or in the future for any Kdrama to reach this success and accomplishment isn't easy. Normally haters would try to swipe it under the carpet and pretend nothing happened yet we got proved and facts to shove it in their face. We should be more prouder than anyone out there. Could you imagine if it another famous actors they will parade it like no tomorrow.  Sorry I shouldn't compared but we should give it more love because it deserve every bit of it success being now top 13 in the yearly world ranking and it going to move up more. I am so very proud :cutekitty:

• Like 3
  • Love 7

Just now, happivirus said:

Please don't need to apologise.  My post isn't aim at you or anyone just couldn't rationalize why we can't focus on this amazing achievement TKEM has. Even now or in the future for any Kdrama to reach this success and accomplishment isn't easy. Normally haters would try to swipe it under the carpet and pretend nothing happened yet we got proved and facts to shove it in their face. We should be more prouder than anyone out there. Could you imagine if it another famous actors they will parade it like no tomorrow.  Sorry I shouldn't compared but we should give it more love because it deserve every bit of it success being now top 13 in the yearly world ranking and it going to move up more. I am so very proud :cutekitty:

You’re right! We should be proud and we are proud! Let’s focus on being happy for him :D 

It’s currently ranked number 13 in the world on Flixpatrol because they don’t have all the data but we know it already placed 9 according to Netflix. So even more reasons to celebrate!

:doggie:

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

You’re right! We should be proud and we are proud! Let’s focus on being happy for him :D 

It’s currently ranked number 13 in the world on Flixpatrol because they don’t have all the data but we know it already placed 9 according to Netflix. So even more reasons to celebrate!

:doggie:

Data is so lacking but still TKEM is so high , So we can imagine truth ranking ,but I think k-reporters just saw a daily ranking post and so they write it again and again, because they don't know so many truth , their news are lacking always, they see anything they just copy , Fans even are more informed , we search data etc. everything about LMH, drama, but They even don't search them . So I don't think that is according to Netflix.Most Probably they are talking about any daily ranking.

• Like 6