Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Hay! thank you for receiving me warmly. glad to be back here and read all the information and writings from you guys. I made this as my recovery medicine. ^^

Aww 03 days more! i'm so nervous. after long long 3 years, he is back! words cannot represent this feeling. so many positive comments and so too with the bitter comments of the haters who until now still with the bitterness. lol. I hope we are not provoked by them, because whatever happens he is still a hallyu king.The King for a reason. and we stand for him. let's give all your energy just for him and the results of his hard work. I'm sure this drama will drain a lot of our energy hehe. 

Stay positive and stay healthy. 

Once again, thank you so much for all of you for taking the time to share information about him and The King. such a happy pill.

God bless you all!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

What happened guys?  I'm gone 24 hours and the thread blows up!  In a good way!:heart:  It hasn't been this active in a long time.  Let's keep it up!

Welcome @toramino:kiss_wink:  Please feel free in join in our activities.

@1ouise:  I like the idea of the netflix party.  I understand that you need google chrome and netflix.  So, we would have to watch The King on our laptop/desktop?  I'm going to watch it more than once, so I suppose I could watch on my laptop with everyone and later on TV.  I'm going to start a separate PM group for those who are interested.  We can discuss what time works best for the majority.  We can also discuss other ideas.  As I mentioned earlier, Kiks and I thought Facetime (but that assumes everyone has an iphone), but then you could watch LMH--I mean the King, on your TV.  

I installed netflix party on my laptop.  It's easy and is similar to having pinterest on your computer.  How I create a party is another story.  I have to practice on someone unless someone else wants to try.  We apparently need a host who chooses the show.  The host then sends the url to the others in the group.  simple in theory, difficult in practice lol

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

Hola Minoz,

long time no writing but the King is back and we are here for the party!!!

Chingus ,dont pay attention to these producer s lists.Who really cares.Lists are for  those who have to approve who they are.

Our boy does not need it.

Did I read dramabeans will recap King?

Ha, that will be ......interesting.

I like Kim Go Eun ,I LOVE Woo Do Hwan (great new actor) and i will see Minhoacting again . What else can I ask for?

Works perfect that I am working from home the next 2 weeks so

@CarolynH definitely include me to the party.

His face looks more mature after MS( always handsome).Do you agree chingus?

stay safe

kisses

• Like 8
  • Love 2

On 4/7/2020 at 8:59 AM, willenette said:

Hi CarolynH & SophieH, ratings matter a lot in a drama. Aside from mere word of mouth about a certain good drama, its rating performance also make viewers to invest time & watch it. Currently, there are (2) companies, which provide these viewership ratings in SK, namely, Neilsen Korea & TNS Media Korea. The 2 rating agencies use a measuring tool called People Meter in different areas nationwide. Despite the similarities in their scope & method, the ratings released by the (2) companies have differences. I guess what's common to hit dramas is their appeal to the reality of life. For me, a proper way to look at ratings, however, is to consider the TV networks. For free TV like KBS, MBC & SBS, a good benchmark for a commercial success is between 10-15% while for them to be considered a "hit" they should surpass the 20% mark. On the other hand, for cable drama airing on tvN, JTBC, OCN, it would be good enough to reach 3-5% & would be exceptional to break-through the 5% mark. The difference in the rating benchmark is due to the lower audience reach in paid cable channels relative to the publicly & free TV networks. Ratings are important to the producers of the show, its actors & the TV station. High ratings serve as an incentive to the PD, writer & of course to the lead stars. Top rated dramas sometimes, if not most of the time earn major awards.  :P

I was wondering if Netflix has ratings too on their most watched 1st day releases?  Anyone knows enough about Netflix?

• Like 3

@kiklaminHo Hi ! Finally you are coming back.  :)
Now waiting for @pixie0622:D

Don't know why SBS always restrict people outside Korea to watch their video.   :angry:

Oooops !!! I found that neither Youtube, nor our bb's twitter can play the video. :tears: But I've watched it on Weibo, now I'm waiting for Chinese subtitles.

Please watch this :

• Like 6
  • Love 1

EViVnbdUUAAu752?format=jpg&name=small

Lee Min-ho Introduced his character Lee Gon - "The Emperor is everything"

Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, and Jung Eun Chae of "The King: Eternal Monarch" gave detailed introductions to their characters.

A video clip on the characters of the drama was released on YouTube on Tuesday.

A video shows Lee Min Ho introducing his character Lee Gon. Lee Min Ho introduced himself as Lee Gon by revealing his name and age, his nationality from the Korean Empire, and his occupation is the Emperor of the Korean Empire.

Calling himself a mathematician, he described himself as "a wise and perfect monarch with both literary and martial arts," and said his hobby was solving math problems. He has specialty on various aspects such as rowing, horseback riding, taekwando, etc. 

Lee said, "long time no see, SBS viewers. I saw you on SBS again. Please look forward to "The King: Eternal Monarch" and give us lots of love," he said, urging us to watch the drama. 

Meanwhile, the SBS drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" in which Lee Min-ho is scheduled to appear, will premiere at 10 pm on Friday, following Hyena.

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=761886

Hi @kiklaminHo, welcome back!

18 minutes ago, scrawford said:

still can't open. Is it only for Korea region?

@scrawford, try watching the video clip from twitter @gtLmh0622 added below the youtube clip .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, syntyche said:

EViVnbdUUAAu752?format=jpg&name=small

Lee Min-ho Introduced his character Lee Gon - "The Emperor is everything"

Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, and Jung Eun Chae of "The King: Eternal Monarch" gave detailed introductions to their characters.

A video clip on the characters of the drama was released on YouTube on Tuesday.

A video shows Lee Min Ho introducing his character Lee Gon. Lee Min Ho introduced himself as Lee Gon by revealing his name and age, his nationality from the Korean Empire, and his occupation is the Emperor of the Korean Empire.

Calling himself a mathematician, he described himself as "a wise and perfect monarch with both literary and martial arts," and said his hobby was solving math problems. He has specialty on various aspects such as rowing, horseback riding, taekwando, etc. 

Lee said, "long time no see, SBS viewers. I saw you on SBS again. Please look forward to "The King: Eternal Monarch" and give us lots of love," he said, urging us to watch the drama. 

Meanwhile, the SBS drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" in which Lee Min-ho is scheduled to appear, will premiere at 10 pm on Friday, following Hyena.

http://www.topstarnews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=761886

Hi @kiklaminHo, welcome back!

@scrawford, try watching the video clip from twitter @gtLmh0622 added below the youtube clip .

Thx a lot @syntyche

So, our king is indeed a complete and perfect king. Wuhuuu. 

But wait, is he really mastering boxing and ... taekwondo? Its interesting. 

Then who is better between Lee Gon and The detective, Tae Ul? 

Cant waiiittt

:love:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, yuiy78 said:

Thx a lot @syntyche

So, our king is indeed a complete and perfect king. Wuhuuu. 

But wait, is he really mastering boxing and ... taekwondo? Its interesting. 

Then who is better between Lee Gon and The detective, Tae Ul? 

Cant waiiittt

:love:

I know! He also plays taekwando? I can't wait to see LMH doing that!

Rough translation of LMH's interview

cr: caramelhershey

- name? Lee Gon

- age? 33yo

- nationality? Korean Empire 

- job? Emperor of the Korean Empire

- special history? a 2-year service as a naval officer, a rowing player, a mathematician

- desc yourself in a sentence? a wise and perfect monarch with both literary and martial arts

- hobby? solving math problems

- are you good at solving math problems? very good

- specialty? rowing, horse-riding, swordsmanship, boxing

- what do u like? Maximus, Cho Young, Jung Taeeul

- who's Maximus? (he/she) was born on the day I (Lee Gon) was crowned emperor!

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 6

LMH's interview according to Chinese translation.

Q : Name ?
A : Lee Gon.

Q : Age ?
A : Age........3........3....4....? 33.

Q : Nationality ?

A : Korean Empire.

Q : Occupation ?

A : Emperor of Korean Empire.

Q : Special experience ?

A : A naval officer for 2 years, rowing contestant, and a mathematician.
Q : One sentence to describe yourself.
A :
A wise and perfect monarch with both literary and martial arts.  (HaHaHa)
(He is so shy that he completed the sentence smoothly at 2nd trial.)
Q : Hobby ?
A : Solving math problems.

Q : Very good at math problems ?
A : Totally yes.
Q : Specialty ?
A : rowing, horseback riding, taekwando, fencing, and boxing.

Q : What do you like ?
A : Maximusse, Jo Young, Jung Tae Eul.

Q : Who is Maximusse ?

A : The white horse born at the day I ascended the throne.

Q : What do you dislike ?
A : I dislike others touch my body.
Q : Who do you like ?
A : Can I talk this here ? Please confirm this through the drama.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CallieP said:

I was wondering if Netflix has ratings too on their most watched 1st day releases?  Anyone knows enough about Netflix?

Hi CalliP, as far as I know, Netflix is doing this. But, there are occasions when the site sheds some light on what subscribers are watching, particularly when these numbers are impressive. I guess many have legitimate debate about the numbers since the company has some strange methods of accounting. Before, Netflix considered any account that streamed 70% of a single EP to be a view for its in-house ratings process & recently, they have updated that metric to include any time a viewer "chose to watch" a given title. Just last February, they begun offering their own Top 10 lists of the most popular series & films at any given day, but it's not clear what numbers they use to arrive at these designations. These figures still have so many holes in them. Netflix counts viewership based on just 2-min of viewing time - Over the years, Netflix has released selective small snapshots into its viewership..... So, Netflix viewership stats just got more meaningless, I could say.  :lol:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, scrawford said:

@Deepakmahajan and @SophieH Can one of you refer me to this list. I'm curious.

Lee Min HO could be walking around with no Agent and he will still have a job in the industry :)

Hi scrawford, an agent is very important to a celebrity. Celebrity Agents represent & promote artists. They handle contract negotiation. They also collect talent fees according to contract terms. To make it simpler - a talent agent is the one who finds jobs for actors. Although, many A-list actors have started their acting career without the help of a talent agent since they were newcomers then.But, I could say it's important to work in a team in this kind of job having one. Being a superstar like LMH he has limited time & endless demands on that time, so, he can't do all these things alone.He should be represented by an agent. All actors need it!  :lol:

• Like 6

14 hours ago, yuiy78 said:

Thank you very much @Deepakmahajan and also @gtLmh0622

I feel relieved now

You are right, no need to worry that much. Silent but strong. I really like that quote. 

One thing that I observed about him, compared to the others, LMH is a very closed about his personal life. And thats a good thing. 

:glasses:

Hi yuiy, all people are entitled to privacy, that includes celebrities. The notion that privacy is the natural price of fame is false -there are, in fact, plenty of famous people who''s private lives are not routinely invaded by the media. Most celebrities should & do know what they're going into when they choose this profession & that to be a public property.But, that doesn't make it right to invade their lives & broadcast them to all. I couldn't agree with you more - I admire LMH to keep his privacy stil intact! :lol:

• Like 4

SBS Now TW Update

"THE KING: Eternal Monarch" Online Production Conference

This Thursday (16th) at 2:00 p.m.
See you on Kakao Tab/Next Portal/Kakao TV.

EVjDvR6UUAAdiHx?format=jpg&name=small

Attendees:

Lee Min-ho/Kim Go-Eun/WooDo-hwan/Kim Kyung-nam/Jung Eun-chae/Lee Jung-jin

Platform:

Kakao Tab/Next Portal/Kakao TV

• Like 2

Minho's autographs to three fan clubs for food trucks supporting.

6c2b2f06ly1gdtbz9r5ysj22b91e04mk.jpg

6c2b2f06ly1gdtbz7kp4tj22801cvh19.jpg

6c2b2f06ly1gdtbz6lik9j20gf096q3u.jpg

Maybe he was too tired to mistake weibar to meibar at 3rd autograph.  :lol:

Minho's filming was heavy that day, but he had a good mood. He asked his manager to concern if all fans felt cold.
He drank 6 cups of coffee :o, ate his dinner box (they special prepared for him and Director) and foods of food trucks. :)

cr. 李敏镐吧

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Minho's autographs to three fan clubs for food trucks supporting.

Maybe he was too tired to mistake weibar to meibar at 3rd autograph.  :lol:

Minho's filming was heavy that day, but he had a good mood. He asked his manager to concern if all fans felt cold.
He drank 6 cups of coffee :o, ate his dinner box (they special prepared for him and Director) and foods of food trucks. :)

cr. 李敏镐吧

He again signed his character's name "Gon." Now I'm doubting if that really is a heart beside it, or a crown (King Gon :P)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

15 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi yuiy, all people are entitled to privacy, that includes celebrities. The notion that privacy is the natural price of fame is false -there are, in fact, plenty of famous people who''s private lives are not routinely invaded by the media. Most celebrities should & do know what they're going into when they choose this profession & that to be a public property.But, that doesn't make it right to invade their lives & broadcast them to all. I couldn't agree with you more - I admire LMH to keep his privacy stil intact! :lol:

Yess. You are right @willenette

But I found out that lmh is more closed than the others when it comes to his personal life. Cmiiw. Even his fee standard as an A-list actor, his MYM is really secretive. Am I right? I just wonder, is it because his personality or because his management told him so :D

• Like 2