Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

41 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

No, maybe 10 minutes CFs from 22:30 to 22:40.  :mellow:
Don't the exact times for CF's broadcasting.

Hi gtLmh, in SK, I'm sure we all know this that a TV ad is called a "CF", an abbreviation for "commercial film". Under the current rule, free channels like SBS, KBS, MBC can't take in programme commercial breaks. So, the ads are usually put between the intro & the start of a programme & between the end credits & the end of the programme. These channels can take commercial breaks during sporting events only. While cable channels are different. Why is this so? Regulation for ads on free channels are more strict. And tobacco ads are prohibited. Ye, EPs air on back-to-back days now, meaning that viewers get up to 2-and a half now hours/week. Pls. correct me if I'm wrong in my calculations since I'm bad in Math - hahaha. The length of each ad can vary from a few  secs (7,10, & 15 are common). Today, commercial ads as short as 6-secs are being broadcast by experimental marketers.  :P

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, yuiy78 said:

He is not just a handsome face. He can act. Thats for sure. 

I am a very picky person when it comes to movies or actor. I only have a very very short list about faves. LMH is one of them. Gangnam is also among the list. 

For me, LMH has a unique kind of acting. He plays with his eyes a lot. Sometimes its very subtle but could convey much. And its not easy right for acting that way? Me, my self, only know a few actor/actrees that could do that in a great way. Cmiiw. 

My favourite of his drama I already mentioned it here. FAITH. But in the Heirs, I must say that I saw a wider range of emotion,  conveyed only by his eyes. Amazing. I also remember read somewhere that several famous script writer commented about how great he was in the heirs. 

Gangnam. Well, personally, this movie is too dark for my liking. Dark and gritty. But then, I must say that LMH's acting here, with his eyes, is on another level. Amazing. 

And we should remember my friends, he is only 33 yro. It means, he still has so much time and space to improve his quality. Yeay

:blush:

I've known about LMH since his BOF days, but I did not jump into the bandwagon and watch the drama then, and I knew him only as the most popular, handsome Korean guy. Years later when I finally decided to watch one of his dramas, his looks definitely drew me in, but what made me stan him (and de-lurk from this forum) is his huge talent in acting. Those eyes alone are so expressive, that he could make a silent movie and I'd still understand and feel the emotions he wishes to convey.

I'm glad that he took on challenging roles which defy the "rich/chaebol" stereotype he is usually put in, particularly Personal Taste and Gangnam Blues. Gangnam Blues may have a dark theme to it, but was just the perfect genre for him to showcase his wide range of acting skills. And let us not forget Faith, which may not have succeeded in terms of ratings, but gained him a considerable number of fans. Even LMH himself is baffled that despite the low ratings of Faith, a lot of his fans still choose that as their favorite drama. Well, that's LMH for you, the genius actor of his generation.  

• Like 8
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

In Korea, Lee Min Ho is an actor, not idol. Since his bursting by BOF, he's a talented actor. K-media said he's the first genius actor in 20 years (I can't remember the exact words but something like that) and they've never praised any other actor for such title after him.

I've read a comment :
In BOF, GJP is overbearing but elegant, it's hard to portray this character without acting skills. Any actor can portray a rich man or a rich boy by gorgeous clothes or props. But LMH has his unique elegance, charm, and distinguishing characteristic that other actors can not act.

I think you all read lots of translations of K-netizens' comments, it's rarely to see criticism about his acting or worrying his acting. (Except the time before City Hunter, he's doubted to portray the male lead, but all shut up their mouths after City Hunter aired. :)) I mean, in Korea, he's never an actor just with good looking. Unfortunately, after "The Heirs", some other actors' promotion ways were dragged him down. Their fans said LMH "can't act" and "big face", because they could not find any other point to drag him down. Many non fans were brainwashed. How many comments "he got slimmed back" on Weibo after the teasers of LOTBS and The King came out. We fans know that he's always thin even too thin. Recently, everyone was locked down at home, lots of posts on Weibo said "how come till now I found LOTBS was a masterpiece and LMH was awesome." :) Really hope more and more people can find this awesome actor after watch his dramas/movies.

So glad to hear knetz also think he carries an aura that brings life to his characters. Who can play GJP and make him that iconic? I can’t think of anyone. He definitely brings charm to his characters and make them unique.

I hate saying this but it’s the truth, his popularity makes him a target. He’s constantly compared to the other oppas who came after him and because of his fame, plenty wants to bring him down. It’s been how many years since he entered the industry and until this day, has anyone really dethroned him? Maybe, maybe not. I’d say a few actors share the throne with him. This is in no way boasting about his popularity. Quite frankly, I couldn’t careless if another actor was more famous than him. I support all actors and don’t see them as a threat. I also don’t understand why it would bother them if LMH is doing well. Why do they feel the need to sabotage him? 

Also, just because they might not like him does not mean he doesn’t have charm. Whether you like him, hate him or love him, you cannot deny his presence. He owns the screen whenever and wherever he appears on it. Dare I say, he stole most of LOTBS. 

Regarding the comment about the “big face”, I know exactly which fandom that came from. It’s irrelevant and funny. What does having a big face or small face have to do with acting? I have seen this man plenty of times in real life and can confirm he has a small face. In fact, it was one of the first things I noticed about him. Everyone who’s met him will say the same thing. And again, that’s beside the point. Why does it even matter?

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, syntyche said:

I've known about LMH since his BOF days, but I did not jump into the bandwagon and watch the drama then, and I knew him only as the most popular, handsome Korean guy. Years later when I finally decided to watch one of his dramas, his looks definitely drew me in, but what made me stan him (and de-lurk from this forum) is his huge talent in acting. Those eyes alone are so expressive, that he could make a silent movie and I'd still understand and feel the emotions he wishes to convey.

I'm glad that he took on challenging roles which defy the "rich/chaebol" stereotype he is usually put in, particularly Personal Taste and Gangnam Blues. Gangnam Blues may have a dark theme to it, but was just the perfect genre for him to showcase his wide range of acting skills. And let us not forget Faith, which may not have succeeded in terms of ratings, but gained him a considerable number of fans. Even LMH himself is baffled that despite the low ratings of Faith, a lot of his fans still choose that as their favorite drama. Well, that's LMH for you, the genius actor of his generation.  

Hi syntyche, "Faith" didn't succeed rating-wise in Korea but, the drama won Best Korean Drama in Japan by the Gayo Entertainment Awards. This is a subsidiary of Yahoo Japan, which is a largest paid video streaming portal. I guess it failed in terms of domestic K-audience ratings it's because there's a visual mismatch chemistry between the leads, just saying..... :lol:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

007YvW4Ily1gds31ioj9rj30om0fa0x0.jpg

cr. 韩剧TheKing永远的君主官博

According to K-news, the unit price of CF airing during SBS "The King" is 40% more than its previous drama. :D

I think that's one of the reasons that SBS wants Lee Min Ho and "The King".  :P

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

6 hours ago, syntyche said:

D-4 :relaxed:

news_1586736612_1424037_main1.jpg

Genesis BBQ, a chicken franchise, said Wednesday that it has selected actor Lee Min-ho as its CF model.
Lee Min-ho, making his first comeback in three years, has a welcome meeting with consumers as BBQ's new face.

BBQ selected Lee Min-ho as a model because his masculine and beautiful appearance and deep-eyed charm matched BBQ's high-quality chicken image. Actor Lee Min-ho, who is loved by the public for crossing romantic comedy and melodrama, will be selected as a brand model and will focus on securing young customers with his hip charm.

Lee Min-ho, who plays Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire in SBS' "The King-Eternal Monarch" as his first return in three years, will deliver BBQ chicken's unique image and message through the unique image of a graceful figure and charismatic monarch in the upcoming TVCM.

On-air BBQ ads in mid-April can be found on TV, BBQ's official website, YouTube and SNS channels. Afterwards, behind-the-scenes videos featuring Lee Min-ho's various charms will also be released.

Lee Min-ho is a global Hallyu star representing the Republic of Korea, and is steadily loved by the public through works such as "Boys Over Flowers" (2009), "Personal Taste" (2010), "Faith" (2012), "The Heirs" (2013), and "The Legend of the Blue Sea" (2016-2017) and has a strong fan base not only in Korea but also abroad.

Lee Min-ho's return to the small screen, "The King," is a fantasy romance in which Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho), the emperor of the Korean Empire, and Jeong Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun), a detective of the Republic of Korea, are drawing through cooperation across time and space against the whispers of the devil. Hit maker Kim Eun-sook, director Baek Sang-hoon and director Jung Ji-hyun have joined forces to draw attention as the most anticipated film of 2020.

A BBQ official said, "We are looking forward to the synergy of Lee Min-ho, who has various charms from BBQ's image of high quality, best chicken, and softness to charisma," and added, "We plan to carry out various activities such as promoting new products with BBQ's new face Lee Min-ho."

http://www.ebn.co.kr/news/view/1424037/?sc=naver

actorleeminho TW and myment_official IG update

The Return of the Advertising King, who is making a comeback!

Actor Lee Min-ho has been selected as the BBQ brand model! Please look forward to the various activities he will show as CF model 

Actor  Lee Min-ho matches the high-quality image!

Friday, April 17th, at 10 p.m. Watch The King 

Schedule of airing of The King on SBS

20200417~0419

4/17 -

Ep1 22:00~ 22:40~

4/18 -

Ep1 00:40~ 01:20~   

Ep1 18:40~ 19:20~    

Ep2 22:00~ 22:40~

4/19 -

Ep2 00:30~ 01:10~    

Ep1 13:00~ 13:40~

Ep2 14:20~ 15:00~

EVb1G04U4AQnTXX?format=jpg&name=small

EVb1HXxUwAEOf39?format=jpg&name=small

EVb1H_qU0AAa9p8?format=jpg&name=small

Reminds me of bof. 2 episodes aired and he was scouted by 20, 30 companies  at start of his popularity

Lol brands already know he is coming with bang and already offering him offers.. Just first 2 weeks episodes need to get good rating, he will be getting 30 or 40 love calls  from brands lol. A very busy year coming for him. 

So does millions of dollars. His price is over 1 million dollar per cf deal

King is going to cash those millions like a king this year, even without china market where he was once face of 20 brands at same time!

But we never see him releasing PR articles about his income, his real estate. I respect how he keeps his privacy and there is no info about how much land , properties he owns. Bcoz he doesn't needs to boast. Only low life like dispatch can go to stalk him to london and leak his privacy.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

007YvW4Ily1gds31ioj9rj30om0fa0x0.jpg

cr. 韩剧TheKing永远的君主官博

According to K-news, the unit price of CF airing during SBS "The King" is 40% more than its previous drama. :D

I think that's one of the reasons that SBS wants Lee Min Ho and "The King".  :P

Lol sbs always give him best offers. Here is the reason

High overseas sales. Lotbs made so much profit overseas . They didn't even need products placements.

Cf value increased by 40%, meaning channel is going to make big profit from CF deals.. And it is due to hiring of lee min ho!

Wait for those companies to hire him as ambassador!

And i have an argument where someone said  kim eun sook is doing him a favour. Lmaoo. My answer was it is business. She and channel came to him,  not other way around.

He brings ratings , and high advertising revenues.  That's why they need him. Even A list writers need A list stars to sell their products. Period.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

40 minutes ago, syntyche said:

New teaser!

"Is this really a parallel world?"
Lee Gon Moving Poster Revealed

syntyche, thanks for sharing this. I feel like LMH just keeps getting richer & more powerful on the small screen. From a very rich Gu Jun Pyo in BOF & now he got richer in "The King". LMH perfectly fits in this rich/royal aura. Most of his dramas were like this - coming from a rich clan & I'm not complaining. A rich kind of setting in a drama always work for me. And LMH wearing that white royal uniform like a naval officer looks so yummy, huh? Please keep them coming.....He makes everything looks royal.  :lol:

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

@syntyche sorry to bother  you but u r the most updated one. So how many cfs he has  right now?

Despite being on hiatus for 3 years, he has cell return, now bbq one, one hotel deal if i remember. And i remember reading that he earned around 7.5 million usd in cf deals last year , after return on this very thread.

So i guess he must have around 5 right now. ?

Thanks in advance and i hope it is not a bother.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

@syntyche sorry to bother  you but u r the most updated one. So how many cfs he has  right now?

Despite being on hiatus for 3 years, he has cell return, now bbq one, one hotel deal if i remember. And i remember reading that he earned around 7.5 million usd in cf deals last year , after return on this very thread.

So i guess he must have around 5 right now. ?

Thanks in advance and i hope it is not a bother.

According to Chinese Wikipedia, he holds following brands on hand. Except Cellreturn in 2020, others are since 2019 up to now.

KGC "Good Base"   -   Indonesia
Sejong Institute    -    Global

KGC "Everytime"   -    Global

Seven Luck    -     Global    (from 2016 to now)

Westin Chosun Hotel   -    Korea

Cellreturn    -     Global

• Like 5
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

According to Chinese Wikipedia, he holds following brands on hand. Except Cellreturn in 2020, others are since 2019 up to now.

Wow 6 deals!

And now add new one genesis BBQ!

He has 7 deals now! And show hasnt even aired yet. Jeez!

It will be like 3 times more after the end of show!

@Heretorant  Hallyu king is back. All fans r returning. And new ones r joining. So lets keep it running

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

36 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Thanks, @gtLmh0622 for answering @Deepakmahajan's question. :D

*************************************************************************************

THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH MAIN STYLIST IS PROUDLY FILIPINO

Kdrama and Kpop fans ready your hearts and prepare yourself to change career after cruising on the DREAM JOB  we never thought would land to a Filipino and yes The King: Eternal Monarch as the main stylist is just one of many in his plate

His take on being the Main Fashion Stylist for

The King:Eternal Monarch

“When I received the call from Kim Eun-Sook (writer of The King: Eternal Monarch) I was unsure at first because I wanted to have a break after my first series but who am I to say no to the very person who introduced me to the world of K-Drama (Lovers in Paris, Descendants of the Sun, Goblin) right? So I said yes haha. My main role is to create looks for the cast that would be suitable for every scene. It took me months to conceptualise because I am dealing with outfits that are from different generations/era.”

His share on working with Top actors in the industry

“I felt the pressure at first because the fan base of these actors and actresses are hmmm let’s just say that they’re not easy to please. One night after filming, Lee Minho offered to drop me off at my place. While on our way I was very vocal to him that I am quite nervous on how his fans will take all the looks that I created for him and he just went like “I trust you and you are good with what you do”. That motivated me to be more confident of what I am doing”

5e8ed39be3a6c71e7c2b7284-p-768x1152.jpg

https://chingutotheworld.com/the-king-eternal-monarch-main-stylist-is-proudly-filipino/

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

His styling is really good. Especially hairstyle which makes his beautiful face even better.

And wow last week , his insta followers were like 12.3 million and few months back 11 million.

He is already on way to cross 13 million. It means trailers r getting many people to know him especially new gen of k drama fans . It is  big number. 

• Like 6

I think we now have an idea of the CFs this drama has:

lvRTZ4F.jpg

hooray for LMH, the CF King B)

KVRi1dN.png

MsQAoBl.png

13 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

His styling is really good. Especially hairstyle which makes his beautiful face even better.

And wow last week , his insta followers were like 12.3 million and few months back 11 million.

He is already on way to cross 13 million. It means trailers r getting many people to know him especially new gen of k drama fans . It is  big number. 

He gained another 100 thousand followers in just 4 days. He is now the second most followed Korean actor on IG. Well, by the time The King airs, I think he'll gain much more and then he'll be the actor with the most IG followers! B)  

• Like 7
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Wow look at his power to attract all those big time brands. He is surely going ti be cf king when the drama ends. Lmaooo. All big brands. Jeez

They are so happy to introduce their product during his drama lol

Lol sbs must have already made profit.

Samsung kia. All r such prestigious brands.

• Like 5