Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

18 hours ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Guys i am so nervous for the drama and his comeback.  He looks so stunning and i want it to become huge success for him. I hope after this he moves to movie land because movies are easy in body compared to drama shooting as he has claimed that his body is seeing the affects of all drama work back in his 20s. So i hope he takes it easy and this drama become a massive success.

@Deepakmahajan  I''m going to be on pins and needles about the ratings.  Please let it be good!

16 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi SophieH, I couldn't agree with you more - I have always adored LMH! It never faded away - it only grows fonder.  :P

@willenette:  I think that you have been a fans of LMH the longest of anyone on this thread.  I read thread in the early days of my obsession :lol: and I remember seeing your name from the BOF era.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

6 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

@Deepakmahajan  I''m going to be on pins and needles about the ratings.  Please let it be good!

@willenette:  I think that you have been a fans of LMH the longest of anyone on this thread.  I read thread in the early days of my obsession :lol: and I remember seeing your name from the BOF era.

@Deepakmahajan @CarolynH I want the ratings to be good as well!!! So the haters would just shut it! Heheheh

@carolynH I think you are right. A couple months ago I read this thread from page 1, and I remember seeing @willenette name.  I came to know LMH winter 2019, and have watch most of his work and now on this thread hehehe... so glad to find a group of people to chat about our favorite kdrama actor. 

For some reason it’s getting harder to wait 10 more days , while we have been waiting for a year since this project announce. I don’t know how you are all did it, waited from the moment he enlisted till now. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, syntyche said:

Can't wait for King Lee Gon! :wub:

cr: lmh_kig

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing more - I'm happy that we're getting plenty of stills for the drama as the airing date is approaching soon. But, as I've said earlier, I'd like to see a more substantial trailer or teaser for that matter, though.  :P

• Like 4

such a cute bromance between these two. these small exchanges somehow makes him more real :)

7 hours ago, scrawford said:

@Deepakmahajan @CarolynH I want the ratings to be good as well!!! So the haters would just shut it! Heheheh

ya I’m so nervous too I think I’ll have a heart attack following the ratings. Hope our friends in SK will tune in. In the mean time the haters on the other page really needs a smack in the head.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

Guys i have realised they hate him because they wish their faves get such projects. They said kim eun sook did a charity which is funny.

Because even top writers need top stars to sell their products. When investors meet in board room, they see who brings ratings  star power, advertising money and overseas rights. They don't see who is great actor according to haters ( lmh improved his dialogue delivery for this drama and more clear words. That shows how good an actor he is ). Kim eun sook is business women who also work for money and she needs stars as well.

These losers are just threatned that he is coming back for his throne . That is why i want this drama to become biggest rating hit in years for sbs. Sbs last year biggest mini series was fiery priest which had only one 20% rating episode. So king can achieve that and shutup all these losers. When this become success,  haters will come up with more excuses.

They are just jealous that their faves will never get a author backed role from Korea's top most writer. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Hi CarolynH & SophieH, ratings matter a lot in a drama. Aside from mere word of mouth about a certain good drama, its rating performance also make viewers to invest time & watch it. Currently, there are (2) companies, which provide these viewership ratings in SK, namely, Neilsen Korea & TNS Media Korea. The 2 rating agencies use a measuring tool called People Meter in different areas nationwide. Despite the similarities in their scope & method, the ratings released by the (2) companies have differences. I guess what's common to hit dramas is their appeal to the reality of life. For me, a proper way to look at ratings, however, is to consider the TV networks. For free TV like KBS, MBC & SBS, a good benchmark for a commercial success is between 10-15% while for them to be considered a "hit" they should surpass the 20% mark. On the other hand, for cable drama airing on tvN, JTBC, OCN, it would be good enough to reach 3-5% & would be exceptional to break-through the 5% mark. The difference in the rating benchmark is due to the lower audience reach in paid cable channels relative to the publicly & free TV networks. Ratings are important to the producers of the show, its actors & the TV station. High ratings serve as an incentive to the PD, writer & of course to the lead stars. Top rated dramas sometimes, if not most of the time earn major awards.  :P

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi CarolynH & SophieH, ratings matter a lot in a drama. Aside from mere word of mouth about a certain good drama, its rating performance also make viewers to invest time & watch it. 

@willenette i understand that the reason they air in SBS due to more exposure, but i kinda wish they would do this show in paid cable. What do you personally think. Should they go with Cable TV? like TVN?

I just worry they have to adjust some material because it will be aired in Free TV.

Either way, I'm not complaining and just as excited, but looking At the last two Drama from the writer, they both Aired in TVN, and i was surprised that they choose SBS this time.

• Like 7

D-9 B)

(we're down to single digit!)

50b780e326064bf287e4cdaa23ec6733.jpeg?s=

Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, And More Work Passionately Behind-The-Scenes Of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

SBS’s new Friday-Saturday drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” released new behind-the-scenes stills of the actors hard at work!

“The King: Eternal Monarch” is the latest work by screenwriter Kim Eun Sook and tells the story of two parallel universes, one in which Korea is a constitutional monarchy and one which is similar to the present-day republic. Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) tries to close the door between the two worlds with the help of detective Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun) in order to save people’s lives.

Kim-Go-Eun.jpg

Lee-Min-Ho-2.jpg

The newly released stills feature the lead actors Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan, Kim Kyung Nam, Jung Eun Chae, and Lee Jung Jin. Playing Lee Gon, the emperor of Korea who encounters a new fate after crossing over to a parallel universe, Lee Min Ho shines on set by showcasing his diverse charms from his sorrowful gaze to his majestic stance. It’s also said that he was very professional on set, sharply monitoring his performance while also smiling softly during filming.

Reveal hidden contents

Kim-Go-Eun-4.jpg

Kim Go Eun made everyone on set smile with her loveliness hidden behind her tough character Jung Tae Eul, a detective who doesn’t compromise with injustice. After filming fierce action scenes, Kim Go Eun would share a soft smile. However, in front of the camera, she would once again transform into Jung Tae Eul with her powerful performance.

Reveal hidden contents

Woo-Do-Hwan1.jpg

Woo Do Hwan exuded charisma while playing Jo Young, the chief imperial bodyguard and Emperor Lee Gon’s closest friend. The actor also expressed his willingness to re-film any part in order to create the perfect shot despite having many difficult action scenes. He received positive responses from the staff for his passionate work on set.

Reveal hidden contents

Kim-Kyung-Nam.jpg

Kim Kyung Nam was also spotted calmly immersing himself in filming while taking on the role of Kang Shin Jae, a level-headed and determined detective who works with Jung Tae Eul.

Furthermore, Jung Eun Chae showed off a dual charm, displaying her gentle personality on set while transforming into the haughty and prickly Goo Seo Ryung, the youngest and first female Prime Minister, in front of the camera.

Finally, Lee Jung Jin captivated the set with his powerful aura while making a shocking transformation into Lee Rim, Lee Gon’s uncle who is also the most powerful character in his 22-year-long acting career.

Reveal hidden contents

Lee-Jung-Jin.jpeg

The production team said about the filming, “It can’t get better than this,” and added that the talented cast was showing great passion while filming. They also asked viewers to anticipate the powerful acting and captivating story of the upcoming drama.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” will premiere on April 17 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out a teaser for the drama here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1392828wpp/lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun-and-more-work-passionately-behind-the-scenes-of-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 7

11 hours ago, scrawford said:

@willenette i understand that the reason they air in SBS due to more exposure, but i kinda wish they would do this show in paid cable. What do you personally think. Should they go with Cable TV? like TVN?

I just worry they have to adjust some material because it will be aired in Free TV.

Either way, I'm not complaining and just as excited, but looking At the last two Drama from the writer, they both Aired in TVN, and i was surprised that they choose SBS this time.

Hi scrawford, I guess, I have to agree with you - Maybe the drama producers gave its video rights to the network. K-series were originally produced in-house by theTV Channels themselves -but have been outsourced to independent production company. Some years ago, as much as 75% of all K-dramas were produced this way. The budget of the production is shared between the production company & the networks, with the latter covering around 50% of expenses usually if top stars & famous scriptwriters are employed, they may cover even more. The most of the budget has to be brought by the production company with the help of sponsors. In the case of product placements, in some is shared by the producers & the channel. In Korea, much of the budget is spent on the appearance fee of top stars.  :P

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ChaiLai ไฉไล FB update

91982026_125365515738246_507719388843579

img_20200408120458_62c39663.jpg

Lee Min-ho's Instagram account.
Comments left by Woo Do-hwan to Lee Min-ho drew explosive attention.

On July 7, Lee Min-ho released on Instagram several photos taken in a waiting room. Woo Do-hwan left a comment, saying, "Where are you, Your Majesty?" Lee Min-ho said, "It's a secret. Protect the palace," he replied. Then Wu Do-hwan again said, "Well... Yes, Your Majesty," he commented.

img_20200408120520_5401bd8a.jpg

As the two exchanged comments on Instagram, fans responded enthusiastically, such as "Bromance is crazy," "Both are cute," "I love this so much" and "They play so cute."

Fans showed explosive reactions to the two people's comments because they appear in "The King: Eternal Monarch" as Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) and Guard Captain Cho Young (Woo Do-hwan).

https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/521700

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, SophieH said:

Arghh looks like Netflix is removing Boys Over Flowers , available until 30th April. Better rewatch it before it’s gone forever  :bawling:

Hi SophieH, ye, it's going to be removed from Netflix starting next month (May). Actually, this is only one of the titles leaving Netflix. Most of Netflix content is lIcensed rather than owned by the streaming company. They pay an amount of money to stream a show for a certain period of time. Once that period of time comes up, Netflix & the other party agree on a fee to keep it streaming or let it go. Iris will also be removed.  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Boys over flowers even after 11 years remains one of most watched k dramas. The drama started second hallyu wave after bae yong joon , lee young ae ( firat hallyu wave stars) retired, and lee min ho took over their position bringing new gen of kdrama fans.

KBS make millions every year by selling it rights over and over. It was best career decision of lee min ho's life. It might look dated today but it remains a classic. Netflix deal might not be interesting enough for kbs to continue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1