Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CarolynH

Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 [Event: Faith Watch party]

6 New Korean Dramas To Watch In April 2020: Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun return with ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’

The one that deserves the most special mention in this intro is The King: Eternal Monarch, Kim Eun-sook’s new work that features A-list actors Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun.

April 17: The King: Eternal Monarch (Fridays & Saturdays on SBS)

The-King-Eternal-Monarch-Poster-2.jpg?re

• Genre: Fantasy Romance
  • Main Cast: Lee Min-ho & Kim Go-eun
  • Predecessor: Hyena

(Premiere date unconfirmed) The King: Eternal Monarch is probably the biggest Korean drama to premiere this year. And by biggest, I mean to say millions of people around the world are eagerly waiting for its release. That’s a given, considering the immense popularity of lead actors Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, as well as writer Kim Eun-sook, who penned the record-breaking dramas Mr. SunshineGoblin, and Descendants of the Sun. The story seems promising, about the emperor (Lee Min-ho) of a modern monarchy Korea and a detective from a democratic Korea that is found in a parallel universe. The two set out on a mission to close a door between their two worlds that poses a threat to humankind. Woo Do-hwan and Jung Eun-chae play the secondary lead roles. See the first stills of the main cast here.

https://www.kdramapal.com/6-new-korean-dramas-watch-april-2020-lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun-return-the-king-eternal-monarch/amp/#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

• Like 4

Netizen comments :

(+305,-12) Kim Eunsook must really like Lee Minho and Kim Goeun.
He's never been with an actor who starred once again. I will look forward to it because it's look fun.

(+220,-13) If it's Kim Eunsook, it's definitely going to be a box office hit. It's going to be crazy again.

(+193,-50) Kim Goeun  ㅎㅎㅎ
She was so lucky.
a sudden hug.

(+20,-8) Eunsook, was Kim Goeun the best?

(+14,-5) So handsome.

(+13,0) What did she do to get into the entertainment business?

(+9,-9) Pretty~

• Like 7

Regarding the availability of 'The King' on Netflix, the following is from https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/. It covers the US, UK, CA, and AU.

‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ Season 1: Netflix K-Drama, Plot, Cast & Episode Release Schedule

Coming to Netflix this April is the highly anticipated new K-Drama series The King: Eternal Monarch. We have everything you need to know about the K-Drama, including the plot, cast, trailer, Netflix release date, and episode release schedule.

The King: Eternal Monarch is an upcoming Netflix Original K-Drama series by screenwriter Kim Eun Sook. The series will be directed by Baek Sang-Hoon, who previously directed such series as Descendants of the Sun and Secret.

When is the Netflix release date for The King: Eternal Monarch?

The first episode of The King: Eternal Monarch will be available to stream on Netflix on Saturday, April 18th, 2020.

Episodes will be available twice a week, arriving on Saturdays and Sundays.

There will be a total of 16 episodes of The King: Eternal Monarch.

Weekly Episode Release Schedule

The King: Eternal Monarch will debut on SBS on April 17th, 2020. The following table is the episode release schedule for SBS and Netflix:

mByFP7G.png

What is the plot of The King: Eternal Monarch?

Set across two parallel universes, the first greatly resembles Korea as we know it today. In the opposing universe, the country of Korea is an empire, ruled by a single but kind monarch. When evil forces begin to plot and the door between the two worlds is open, the Korean emperor enlists the help of a detective from the opposite world to help save their worlds.

Who are the cast members of The King: Eternal Monarch?

The following cast members have been confirmed to star in The King: Eternal Monarch:

rSHbrWt.png

South Korean actress Kim Go Eun returns to a leading role in a television series, four years after her star performance in Goblin.

Will The King Eternal Monarch be a record-breaking K-Drama?

It’s going to take something special for a new K-Drama series to smash into the highest-rated Korean dramas in public broadcast.

The King Eternal Monarch will need almost half of all the viewership in South Korea to reach the top 50. At it currently stands, the k-drama series will need at least 45%.

Only six k-dramas between 2010 and 2019 were able to break into the top 50.

It’s a tall order to make some waves, but The King: Eternal Monarch has every chance of being a great success.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/the-king-eternal-monarch-season-1-netflix-k-drama-plot-cast-episode-release-schedule/

• Like 5

45%. Are they mad? That is unrealistic . Even bof never crossed 40%. By that logic heirs,  my love from star are not blockbuster's either. 

This show reaching anywhere from 25 to 30% as peak rating will be blockbuster in today's time. That is the target sbs must be looking for.

The author is either some dumb person or setting it up for bashing.

• Like 4

@Deepakmahajan -I totally agree with you- all this speculation about ratings seems a bit unfair to me. From what I can gather SK viewing percentages are based on just a few thousand people who have TV set meters provided by AGB and TMs. 
I guess that SBS have paid Studio Dragon a lot of money to show The King in SK and will therefore want to attract as many advertisers as possible which is why they want high local viewing figures.

It will be interesting to find out how many will view it on Netflix.

( A Korean drama My Secret Terrius is the 5th most watched programme on Netflix UK this week so more and more people are discovering Kdramas)

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Lee Min Ho & Kim Go Eun Exchange Expressive Gazes In Teaser Photos Of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

SBS’ EAGERLY-AWAITED DRAMA THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH UNVEILED THE “FIRST ENCOUNTER” SCENE OF ITS MAIN PROTAGONISTS

In the photos released by the network, Lee Min Ho suits up to his Emperor Lee Gon character while Kim Go Eun channels her role as Detective Jung Tae Eul.

The-King-Eternal-Monarch.jpg

FIRST ENCOUNTER

Locking eyes, the photo captured the emotions of the poignant meeting between two people living in different worlds. They peer at each other revealing stoic yet curious expressions. Evoking a fated meeting, the love pairing nailed the important scene with conviction.

The first meeting scene for Emperor Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul was shot in the middle of Gwanghwamun square in Seoul. As a popular tourist spot, the filming was done early morning with Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun in high spirits.

Production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said, “Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun are masters of romance, who can create countless stories by looking at each other. Please check it through The King: The Eternal Monarch.

Previously, SBS has also unveiled video teasers of the series. Netflix has also announced its global release through its platform.

Taking a fantasy romance drama to a whole new level, The King: Eternal Monarch takes two settings following a parallel universe theme.

King Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) seeks to seal the portal between the two dimensions. Meanwhile, police inspector Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun) earnestly hopes to protect the people and her loved ones.

Bannered by a top-tier creative team, the series is penned by Kim Eun Sook of Goblin and Mr. Sunshine fame. It will be co-directed by Baek Sang-hoon (Secret, Who Are You: School 2015, Descendants of the Sun) and Jeong Jee-hyun (Search: WWW).

Expected to run 16-episodes, The King: Eternal Monarch will be broadcast on SBS in April taking the time slot of Hyena. It will be released globally on Netflix.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun-photo-teasers-the-king-eternal-monarch/

Lee Min Ho comeback project included in Netflix lineup this 2020

lee-min-ho-netflix-1585320523.jpg

Netflix will soon offer a wide selection of Korean films and series for its subscribers.

This includes The King: Eternal Monarch, the comeback project of Lee Min Ho after the success of Legend of the Blue Sea in 2017.

Kim Eun Sook of Goblin and Descendants of the Sun fame is also the writer of the fantasy drama The King: Eternal Monarch.

THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH

Starring: Lee Min Ho, Kim Go-Eun
Premiere Date: April 2020

Korean superstar Lee Min Ho will make girls' hearts swoon again viaThe King: Eternal Monarch, a romantic fantasy drama revolving around the relationships of people from two parallel universes.

Lee Min Ho is cast as Lee Gon, a Korean emperor who tries to close the gateway between two parallel dimensions that was opened by demons. Kim Go-Eun plays Jung Tae-eul, a police inspector who simply wants to protect other people. The two end up working together to avert a crisis.

Korean website Soompi.com recently reported that SBS released new stills from this show. One photo captures the first encounter of Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul, which ends up in a hug.

The King: Eternal Monarch also serves as a comeback for Lee Min Ho, whose last series was the 2017 Korean drama Legend of the Blue Sea, which became a hit in the Philippines.

https://www.pep.ph/guide/tv/150437/lee-min-ho-the-king-eternal-monarch-netflix-lineup-2020-a724-20200328-lfrm?ref=article_tag

• Like 5

@rubyminho:  So, I some research.  i googled netflix germany, then clicked on "whatsnewonnetflix.com".  The article discuss what is new on netflix germany.  If you scroll down, you can apparently watch American netflix.  If you click on Get American Netflix it provides instructions on how to watch American netflix in Germany.  Hope this helps!  

• Like 7

Food support for LMH sent by fans

cr: theman_foodtruck IG

EUKfkiGU4AAOCya?format=jpg&name=small

EUKflBwUEAAM5cD?format=jpg&name=small

EUKflhFUYAAr86h?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EUKfmB1UcAA81sC?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 6
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@rubyminho:  So, I some research.  i googled netflix germany, then clicked on "whatsnewonnetflix.com".  The article discuss what is new on netflix germany.  If you scroll down, you can apparently watch American netflix.  If you click on Get American Netflix it provides instructions on how to watch American netflix in Germany.  Hope this helps!  

Wow!!! Thanks soooooo much!!!:)

• Like 4

China Minoz sent food truck to 'The King' set

cr: 李敏镐铁杆后援会 weibo 

EUMXiLgVAAAYY0F?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

EUMXjOcU8AEtXol?format=jpg&name=small

EUMXkJXUcAYWTAS?format=jpg&name=small

EUMXlilVAAA1sBX?format=jpg&name=small

EUMYzWgUEAE0TMx?format=jpg&name=small

EUMY0A4UEAAFVCI?format=jpg&name=small

EUMY0y2UYAE1QiH?format=jpg&name=small

EUMY1ReUwAALwLL?format=jpg&name=small

LMH signed autographs for Minoz India and China Minoz, who sent food trucks to the set of "The King."

Looks like he signed  his character's name, "Gon" on both autographs :P 

cr: Minoz India, 李敏镐铁杆后援会 weibo

EUNNWF4UwAAvqsu?format=jpg&name=small

EUN83HuUYAgizyY?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 7
  • Love 2

It seemed 李敏镐铁杆后援会 sent several times of different food trucks to "The King" set.

And these 2 special dinner boxes were sent to Director and LMH.

EUMY0y2UYAE1QiH?format=jpg%26name=small&

005DCUQYgy1gd9r7jmbk7j30p00gowj0.jpg&key

cr as tagged

Today, #Lee Min-ho, Chinese fan club
Support progress

He was very busy with the shooting ^^
I think the fans would be so happy to send a cheering food truck to cheer up.

I saw him in person last time,
But only from a distance in the food truck.

this time !! Thick !! Just 5 steps ...
Actor Lee Min-ho is a wow
Really the camera doesn't seem to cover all of Lee Min-ho !!
It's not a joke
He's so handsome, oh ~
As I stared blankly, I woke up. He already went to shoot.

His voice is also great! His voice is really cool !!
And he didn't forget to say thank you so much to his fans either this time

3 vehicles in progress today

Haengnim Food-Steak, Shrimp Plate
Jerk Truck-Glutinous rice soup, Chicken Gangjeong
Rosta-Tteokbokki, Sundae, Fish Cake

• Like 8
  • Love 1

On 24 March 2020 at 5:33 PM, syntyche said:

@ActorleeMinHo user is back on Twitter! They changed it back from @myment_official.

@willenette, could this be it, he'll be active on Twitter again? :P

ET3O2XHXgAED4U4?format=jpg&name=small

Hi syntyche, good to know this.  :P

• Like 4

30 Photos From 'The King: Eternal Monarch' If You Can't Wait To See More Of The Cast

Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun's latest K-drama, The King: Eternal Monarch, is coming to  Netflix this April! The show is about two parallel universes, one that is similar to our modern world and one in which Korea has become a constitutional monarchy. And because we still have a month of waiting left, here's a quick guide to the show's characters + The King: Eternal Monarch's official photos and stills: 

Lee Min Ho as Emperor Lee Gon 

Lee Gon is the third generation emperor of Korea. Soompi writes that Lee Gon's people see him as "a man of sophistication, having good looks and a calm demeanor, and a perfect ruler." However, Lee Gon is actually super sensitive, compulsive, and hates it when other people touch him! 

Here's Lee Min Ho looking every bit like royalty: 

the-king-eternal-monarch-9-1585119210.jp

the-king-eternal-monarch-11-1585119213.j

the-king-eternal-monarch-10-1585119211.j

more photos here:

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/the-king-eternal-monarch-character-stills-photos-a2520-20200329

• Like 3
  • Love 1

LMH in filming of "The King"

cr: Onlyloveleeminho622 weibo, minoz_penny IG

EUTpo5bU4AAjSIT?format=jpg&name=small

EUTpowgUEAEgUoh?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Oh my. so handsome! Love these informal shots!

• Like 4

Naver blog by food truck company, details about food trucks supported by China Minoz.

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=poison_love&logNo=221879155948&navType=tl

The foods look so delicious.  :)

EUVKQOwUEAEorLz?format=jpg&name=small

(Translation is according Chinese translation by 李敏镐铁杆后援会)

I ’m so touched. Although I have seen actor Lee Min Ho nim last time, but I was watching him far away in the food truck that day.
This time,  Wow...

Even now I think of it again, I am still absent-minded. Really, about 5 steps? It ’s such a short distance, under the lights.

The cameras are really problematic. The real him is a high-dimensional wall that cannot be crossed.
Even as a man, I felt he looked soooo handsome and I was scared.

대박 ! (Taebak !) I have met many artists, really !
Oh oh! Oh? Sighing like this, when I recovered from being distrait, he's already in the car.
I thought, when I saw actor Lee Min-ho nim, I must say hello. Maybe because he was too handsome that I was scared or something. I couldn't say any word .......

• Like 6
  • Love 1