Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Here's another version of the translation of the official website. I meant to post it earlier :P

ESE1qXbVUAIDZxl?format=jpg&name=small

The King: Eternal Monarch

Broadcast period                  Scheduled for April 2020

Production company           Hwa & Dam Pictures

Scriptwriter                            Kim Eun Sook

Director                                  Baek Sang-hoon, Jung Ji-hyun

Cast                                        Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan and others

In the spring of 2020, the door to the parallel world opens.
Though it's my first time, I feel like I've been here before, or it's my first time doing it, but I feel weird that I've done the same thing before. 
We call it "Deja-vu" and modern medicine identifies "Deja-vu" as a kind of "tardiness disorder." 
But if it's not a brain illusion...

"What if we just peeked into the secrets of the universe for a very short time? 
What if that strange feeling was just another "I" in the parallel world?”
A thought that everyone has ever done before.
I want to emigrate. I want to be born again. This life is ruined.
a once-in-a-lifetime heart
I wish I had been in a car like that. I wish I had lived in a house like that. I wish I had met such chaebol parents. 
Someone whispers in your ear like that.

"If you could change yourself with another world's 'I' that has a better life than 'I,' would you change your life with him?"
The life I have. The man I have. The love I have. It's a choice to throw it all away. 
Even myself, of course. As you may have noticed, let's never ask what happens to me and my changed parallel world.

"God released the devil into the human world and the devil opened the door to the parallel world." Now what choice are you going to make?
Explicit questions and evil answers. So the more fascinating drama, 'The King-Eternal Monarch,' came from a parallel world to this world. The life of the natural sciences emperor Lee Gon, and someone who wants to close the gate of the dimension. Love. To protect love. The collaboration of Jeong Tae-eul, a detective in the liberal arts department, is a fantasy drama that sometimes makes people excited.

https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/theking/about/63968

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Deepakmahajan said:

300 million won is huge amount.  Its is 252000 american dollars or 1.825 crores in my country's currency. One needs big heart to donate such amount of money. And we dont know how many charities he has donated over the years because of not revealing it.  But it also shows how much he earns and his earning potential.

Some actors love to issue articles about remuneration and endorsement fees, even give fake rankings to hold themselves up and down others. LMH has never revealed how much he was paid and he often did donations without reporting, further more, he participated the shooting of DMZ document without rewards.
Apparently he stands another level than others. He's such a humble and low-profile person with a golden heart, he deserves all loves and respects.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Some actors love to issue articles about remuneration and endorsement fees, even give fake rankings to hold themselves up and down others. LMH has never revealed how much he was paid and he often did donations without reporting, further more, he participated the shooting of DMZ document without rewards.
Apparently he stands another level than others. He's such a humble and low-profile person with a golden heart, he deserves all loves and respects.

Yes ! I remember when chinese media revealed his endorsement rate was among top 3 celeb in korea, a official leak by news where he was among top 3 highest paid actors in cf's. where the real money is!  And even more because of overseas promotions. Nor he boasts about building he owns,  because real rich don't need to. I laugh at his drama salary quoted everywhere lower than some actors who never reached his level of success . So i take such articles with pinch of salt.

After heirs, he shot over 100 cf's during 2014 and 2015.. You can do the maths!  And i am not even using his peak from bof to heirs! And he still endorsed double digit CF during those years! Though after heirs he went to other level!

And yes i read how he donates in secret. This time it is good it is out in open bcoz knetz bash everyone who doesn't reveals it...

There is a reason he has rarely any friend in industry. Because people are fake here. He believes in real friendships. You don't see him media playing his wealth and success. 

But i still hope KES's drama salary get revealed, because there is no way he is getting paid less than 6 figures for an episode..

• Like 6

Finally, here's a dramabeans article on The King's teaser

Lee Min-ho is a commanding presence in The King: Eternal Monarch

thekingeternal4.jpg

I have been waiting for any promotional teasers for The King: Eternal Monarch so I’m excited that we finally have a (very brief) peek at Lee Min-ho (Legend of the Blue Sea) in his first project following his mandatory military service.

The plot of fantasy romance The King: Eternal Monarch traverses dimensions and time. When a demon opens a portal into another world, science-minded monarch Lee Min-ho must find a way to shut that door in order to stave off disaster. On the other side of that door is a modern-day police office, Kim Go-eun (Tune in for Love); her priority is saving lives and protecting the people she loves.

The video starts with Lee Min-ho facing away from the camera, in a large, stately room. The image overlaps and flips, then we see a king’s robes intercut with Lee Min-ho giving us blue steel as we hear in voiceover, “I am Lee Gon, emperor of the Korean empire.”

We see a series of images: a banner emblazoned with a royal flower, a sword with the same flower on its hilt, and a shot of a bamboo forest with sky. We see a blackboard covered in complicated looking equations before we return to that stately room. As the camera zooms in on Lee Min-ho, he turns and we get a full shot of his face. He closes the teaser by stating, “My name is Lee Gon.”

Woo Do-hwan (My Country: The New Age) joins them as second lead, with Kim Kyung-nam (Special Labor Inspector Jo), Jung Eun-chae (The Guest), and Lee Jung-jin (The Liar and His Lover) taking on supporting roles.

The creative team behind the drama are writer Kim Eun-sook (Mr. Sunshine, The Lonely Shining Goblin), with PD Baek Sang-hoon (Moonlight Drawn by Clouds) and PD Jung Ji-hyun (Search Query: WWW) co-directing. The King: Eternal Monarch is scheduled to air in April in SBS’s Friday-Saturday timeslot.

thekingeternal1.jpg

thekingeternal5.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/02/lee-min-ho-is-a-commanding-presence-in-the-king-eternal-monarch/

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Oh my that comment section is poison filled with LMH's haters who are so pressed that he is coming with such a big drama... Anyways bigger the success bigger the hate. why did i bother even reading it! I see sudden emergence of fans of second lead lol or more like  lmh's hater truth to be told! when this drama becomes a blockbuster, they will give credit to everyone expect LMH lmaooooo

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Oh my that comment section is poison filled with LMH's haters who are so pressed that he is coming with such a big drama... Anyways bigger the success bigger the hate. why did i bother even reading it! I see sudden emergence of fans of second lead lol or more like  lmh's hater truth to be told! when this drama becomes a blockbuster, they will give credit to everyone expect LMH lmaooooo

Same thing in "Douban" (The most important website about movies/dramas in China), lots of LMH haters gave lowest grade of his products. Before LOTBS aired, there have been many lowest grades to down the average grade of LOTBS, how come you may grade a drama you've never watched. :crazy:

I seldom visited these websites that full of LMH's negative comments because I don't want to see a pack of lies from haters.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Lee Min Ho donated nearly $ 250,000 to Covid-19 patients

On March 2, Korean media reported that Lee Min Ho and his management company MYM Entertainment donated 300 million won (nearly $ 250,000 ) to patients with Covid-19.

With this money, Lee Min Ho became the most donating artist in Korea today. 

Lee Min Ho sent 300 million won to 8 different charities, including Fruit Of Love, Good Neighbors, Love Bridge, Save The Children, Green Umbrella, and 3 other children's organizations.

Media reported that the actor's money was used to support the provision of medical equipment, preventive measures for low-income households, children without support.

On the internet, Korean viewers have praised Lee Min Ho for his compliments. 

(skipped unrelated) 

https://news.zing.vn/lee-min-ho-quyen-gop-gan-250000-usd-cho-benh-nhan-covid-19-post1054186.html

• Like 6

4 hours ago, syntyche said:

Lee Min Ho donated nearly $ 250,000 to Covid-19 patients

On March 2, Korean media reported that Lee Min Ho and his management company MYM Entertainment donated 300 million won (nearly $ 250,000 ) to patients with Covid-19.

With this money, Lee Min Ho became the most donating artist in Korea today. 

Lee Min Ho sent 300 million won to 8 different charities, including Fruit Of Love, Good Neighbors, Love Bridge, Save The Children, Green Umbrella, and 3 other children's organizations.

Media reported that the actor's money was used to support the provision of medical equipment, preventive measures for low-income households, children without support.

On the internet, Korean viewers have praised Lee Min Ho for his compliments. 

(skipped unrelated) 

https://news.zing.vn/lee-min-ho-quyen-gop-gan-250000-usd-cho-benh-nhan-covid-19-post1054186.html

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. Actually, it's a little more than $250T. LMH is always an angel when it comes to this.......... I'm glad to see him helping out always.  :lol:

• Like 2

A comment under K-news of LMH donated 300 million won :   (translation is according to Chinese translation by 何夕)

This man is sincere :)13 years ago, this man came to the coffee shop where I worked. Remember that he was very humble and polite, unlike the other entertainers who came with him. (those twenty-year-old boys who came along were very naughty), but this one was saying hello to everyone of our crew, so I was thinking, who is he ? a model ? Nice guy... Next year ? In the drama BOF being the leading role appeared. I cheered up for him silently.  I think he's a nice guy !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, it's an evidence that his personality did not change from his unknown period to now at the top position. And his parents educated their children very well.   :thumbsup:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

A comment under K-news of LMH donated 300 million won :   (translation is according to Chinese translation by 何夕)

This man is sincere :)13 years ago, this man came to the coffee shop where I worked. Remember that he was very humble and polite, unlike the other entertainers who came with him. (those twenty-year-old boys who came along were very naughty), but this one was saying hello to everyone of our crew, so I was thinking, who is he ? a model ? Nice guy... Next year ? In the drama BOF being the leading role appeared. I cheered up for him silently.  I think he's a nice guy !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, it's an evidence that his personality did not change from his unknown period to now at the top position. And his parents educated their children very well.   :thumbsup:

Hi gtLmh I couldn't agree with you more - You see, celebrities create impact in the lives of people. They can inspire people with their talent, hard work, sincerity, style etc. Being celebrities, whatever they do are magnified, be it a good deed or bad deed. ... :lol:

• Like 5

20200303 K-news :

http://m.newspim.com/news/view/20200303001463

Google translation :

- skipped unrelated -

Lee Min-ho, who had previously donated 300 million won with his company MYM Entertainment, donated an additional 50 million won to NGO Good Neighbors. The 50 million won delivered will be used to support preventive supplies for vulnerable and low-income families across the country who are struggling with the spread of Corona19.

And more translation of K-netizens' comments by minozlmho.

ESJihKKU0AAa2bs?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 6

Lee Min-ho donated an additional 50 million won to Good Neighbors, an international NGO. This is the second donation, after the company has successfully donated 300 million won with its management agency MYM Entertainment. The donations were delivered to eight locations, including Good Neighbors, the fruit of love, Hope Bridge, Save the Children, the Green Umbrella Children's Foundation and the Korea Children's Association.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/003/0009735977

• Like 6

Nearly 300000 usd in donation. What a big heart. I earn well but i dont have heart to donate big amounts in my capacity. It is not that easy to donate so much. If it was only pr, he could've done it with 100 million won donation but he donated 350 million won. Shows he cares.:)

• Like 5

19 hours ago, syntyche said:

Lee Min-ho donated an additional 50 million won to Good Neighbors, an international NGO. This is the second donation, after the company has successfully donated 300 million won with its management agency MYM Entertainment. The donations were delivered to eight locations, including Good Neighbors, the fruit of love, Hope Bridge, Save the Children, the Green Umbrella Children's Foundation and the Korea Children's Association.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/003/0009735977

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. I hope people stop harassing artists. On social media and the comment sections of Korean media outlets, several artists have been shamed and bullied with questions about whether or not they donated to the corona virus crisis. This would not be tolerated. No celebrity should feel obligated to donate large amount of money, though. :o

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. I hope people stop harassing artists. On social media and the comment sections of Korean media outlets, several artists have been shamed and bullied with questions about whether or not they donated to the corona virus crisis. This would not be tolerated. No celebrity should feel obligated to donate large amount of money, though. :o

And it's their choice, too, to keep silent about their donation.

1 hour ago, alovebof said:

This blog said The King will be on screen 17.04.2020 (Friday-Saturday)

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=lim7480&logNo=221837129671&navType=tl

The King: Eternal Monarch
Drama Outline

Genre: Fantasy comedy
Network: SBS
Broadcast period: scheduled to air on April 17, 2020
Broadcast time: Every Friday night at 10:05-11:15 (70 minutes)
Broadcast times: 16 episodes
Director: Baek Sang-hoon, Jung Ji-hyun
Writer: Kim Eun-sook
Cast: Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Jung Eun-chae

https://m.blog.naver.com/lim7480/221837129671

• Like 6