Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Lee Min Ho Teases Fans With Updates About His Upcoming Drama With Kim Go Eun

Aug 23, 2019
by J. Lim

0e6b7d28ce204d50b5491e3f2dc9acfa.jpeg?s=

Lee Min Ho has raised anticipation for his upcoming drama!

On August 23, the actor went on Instagram Live to have a meaningful conversation with fans, sharing updates during his trip to Gapyeong. He looked comfortable as he showed his fans his beautiful surroundings, and he made jokes and had a sweet time with everyone.

Lee-Min-Ho2.jpg

During the live broadcast, Lee Min Ho even shared a couple of spoilers about his upcoming SBS drama “The King: The Eternal Monarch” (literal title). The project is highly anticipated as it will be screenwriter Kim Eun Sook’s next work, and Lee Min Ho will play a leading role alongside Kim Go Eun. The drama will tell the story of Korea in two parallel worlds, one as a democracy and one as a monarchy, with Lee Min Ho playing Emperor Lee Gon and Kim Go Eun playing detective Jung Tae Eul.

Lee Min Ho said, “Actually, the script is out already. We’re going to start filming soon, the earliest we may begin filming is in September. The drama is scheduled to begin airing in March,” and “I’m going to become the king of romance so please anticipate it.”

He wrapped up his broadcast with the words, “I’m going to work hard to make sure that I make you happy.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1347585wpp/lee-min-ho-teases-fans-with-updates-about-his-upcoming-drama-with-kim-go-eun?fbclid=IwAR2nuHs9foktPkStl0DV5V-UjjTBp2IGoG_SpYUqzAT5tHPHfZBidPsWRIk

• Like 9

Translated excerpts from LMH's IG Live 082319

cr: @sabss_XD https://twitter.com/sabss_XD/status/1164812040558374914?s=19

In his intro, he said he's at Gyeonggi-do gapyeong beach preparing for the drama (in various areas like sports). He's planning to go wakeboarding after the IG live. He asked if IG live had auto-translation. In response to fans asking him to speak English, he said he'd like to converse in English but he can only speak in short phrases so he'll stick to Korean. If things are quick, filming for the drama may start next month. Fanmeets might possibly be held after filming completes and for everyone to look forward to it.

Q: I'm your diehard fan, can you call out my name?

A: Ahh.. but I dont know you so you have to write your name for me to say your name. How am I gonna call out to you without a name? Hahahhaa

Q: Show us the importance of angles?

A: (so he did this ) :lol:

ECo7xSmUwAAvvId?format=jpg&name=medium
Q: How should I get along well with my husband?

A: This question is quite fresh, but I'm not married :lol:

Q: I'm from China and my boyfriend's Korean. Because I like you (lee minho), I'm always angry at my boyfriend

A: It's not right to always be angry, you should focus your love on him healthily. You might want to consult a professional? Haha :lol:

Q: Say something to those who have been single since birth (aka Motae Solo)? 

A: Everyone should remember we're born because of this reason called love. Fighting! Escape from being motae solo! Fighting!

Translation by our @Latifah_ https://twitter.com/ilMinozli/status/1164767987464728578?s=19

>...because he promised us in Paris to do another live he’s doing it now Plus, he’s working out and practice horse riding in preparation for the upcoming drama.

> He has the drama script and will practice his lines but says he can’t give us any spoilers

>She said she’s working right now and asked him to say something to cheer her up and do her work well

Minho: Don’t do your best. Slack off. It’s hot. :lol:

Q: Oppa, when are you coming back in Manila?

A: I want to go to Manila. has it been 3 years since my last visit to the Philippines? I miss you guys

A: I miss Indonesia too, there’re many places that I want to visit and many people whom I need to meet but it’s not easy to go there. I’ll try asking to go to Indonesia again, since the staff behind me are also watching. I’ll ask to go there.

> There’s a plan to hold a fanmeeting next year after the drama ends

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 8

Lee Min Ho teases his upcoming drama 'The King: The Eternal Monarch' starring Kim Go Eun

1566564161-20190823-leeminho.jpg

Actor Lee Min Ho teased his upcoming drama 'The King: The Eternal Monarch' starring Kim Go Eun.

On August 23, Lee Min Ho held an Instagram Live session during his trip to the lakeside in Gapyeong. 'The King: The Eternal Monarch' is especially anticipated among drama viewers as it's the next project by famous screenwriter Kim Eun Sook, and both Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun are starring in the series. 

The actor expressed, "The script is out already. We're going to start filming soon, and the earliest we might begin filming is in September. The drama is scheduled to begin airing in March. I'm going to become the king of romance, so look forward to it," adding, "I'm going to work hard to make sure I make you happy."

'The King' tells the story of two parallel worlds - one with a monarchy with Lee Min Ho as the emperor and another with a democracy where Kim Go Eun is a detective.

Source https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/08/lee-min-ho-teases-his-upcoming-drama-the-king-the-eternal-monarch-starring-kim-go-eun

• Like 7

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2019/08/lee-min-ho-drops-hints-on-his-new-drama.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Lee Min Ho drops hints on his new drama 'The King' on live stream

Friday, August 23, 2019

12cc962d-af29-44a4-9da3-135e117a9690.jpg

Article: Lee Min Ho, "My drama 'The King' will be the end all of romantic"

Source: TV Report via Nate

1. [+331, -41] He's getting younger and more handsome than his 'Boys Over Flowers' days

2. [+277, -43] Wow~~~~~ he really is handsome..

3. [+245, -38] So handsome ㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+35, -12] Kim Eun Sook makes it a must watch and Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun are the cherry on top

5. [+29, -34] The fact that the female lead is Kim Go Eun, though..... sigh.....

6. [+28, -5] Handsome, can't wait for 'The King'

7. [+25, -3] I'm watching 'The Heirs' reruns and he's still really handsome and cool

8. [+24, -3] Why can't they hurry the drama up? Why next year?

9. [+16, -21] With all the controversy surrounding how much celebrities are paid per drama... didn't he get paid quite a lot as well?

10. [+15, -2] The female lead is Kim Go Eun... not that interested. Even 'Goblin' was saved by Gong Yoo.. though I'm sure those who will watch will watch ㅎㅎ not me, though

11. [+14, -1] Jun Pyo hyung, go save Geum Jandi

12. [+14, -5] Looks like he got his nose done

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2019 at 6:30 PM, SophieH said:

Hi all, Happy Friday !!!  @CarolynH sorry for my slow response, think you asked previously how we got to know LMH. My first encounter was from LOTBS back in 2016. I recalled watching it for JJH but in the end it was LMH's acting that lingered on my mind forever. I used to love MLFTS but since watching LOTBS there has never been any other Kdrama that has such a lasting and deeper impact on me. I re-watched LOTBS few times since then, but i had no idea why it just didn't occur on me to look for LMH's other dramas or he would even have one. Now that i think of it again, it must be that I fell in love with "Heo Joon-Jae " more than Lee Min Ho himself :P 

Fast forward to 2019, i stumbled on Inheritors on Netflix without realizing he was the same actor. Kim Tan has stolen my heart again .!!....and the rest is history !! OH MAN...I must be LIVING UNDER THE ROCKS all these while . I googled him in and out and I had no idea he has so many other popular dramas . Where was I ?? 

Last week I went back in time to 2017 to re-read page 3000 onwards  (his Post-LOTBS Success and up to military discharge), it just felt so surreal reading all your posts. My emotions really bottled up along just by reading the posts especially around the time of sending him off . Truly blessed with the daily on duty/off duty pictures. It also felt like he never really left us at all. 

@SophieH:Thanks for telling us how you found LMH.  Yeah, LMH looks different in almost every drama that I've seen him in.  The one I still can't get past is LMH as GJP.  If he'd only curl his hair...just once.. :tounge_wink:  Yeah, the time between LBS and his MS was the worst.

Yes, it's that time again...LBS ep 9!  Ep 9 is one of my favorite episode as I will explain in my comments, probably late tomorrow.

• Like 6

cr:  as tagged

Spoiler

LBS EP 9

As I mentioned yesterday, ep 9 is one of my favorite LBS episodes.  

i liked the beginning with KDR telling HJJ to protect SC.  I guess HJJ had to collapse in order for KDR to communicate with him, otherwise the collapse with no after effect was a little odd.  After the seriousness, we are treated to claw grabbing our favorite stuffed animal, the pink octopus.  I really wish Chi Hyun would have been a good brother to HJJ.  I love SC's convos with the Homeless Fashionista--romantic love, hot love and dirty love lol.  And, HJJ barely touching the fingers of Homeless Fashionista too funny.  Here it is --one of my favorite scene the confrontation between HJJ and his father.  LMH nailed it in this scene; it really touched me.  So sad, HJJ and seemed so close when he was young. The father hasn't seen him in years and all he can do is criticize and talk about HJJ's inheritance.  How can the father say he took care of CH a bit more than HJJ, doesn't HJJ know his father's heart?  From the scenes between HJJ, CH and the father, how would HJJ know his father's heart?  It sure seemed to me that the father cared for CH more than HJJ.  LMH had the appropriate cold eyes in this scene.  I cry every time I watch it.  What doesn't make sense is HJJ taking a cold pill after.  I would think he'd have a massive headache, but a cold pill?  He was snippy with SC after, but his heart hardened after meeting his father.  I think HJJ opened his heart more to SC after he woke up to find her by his side.  WAh:bawling:, so sad when HJJ is telling SC that he was waiting for the call from his father after he left the house.  lol, Tae Ho in heels.  I really like the actress playing Shi Ah's sister in law.  I LOVE the epilogue --so sad and beautiful.  The music in this drama is so beautiful.  

I hope we see The King in March.  soompi has a thread with the upcoming dramas, so I'm going to check if the King is listed since we know SBS will air that drama.  Maybe it's too far in the future.

• Like 7

LOTBS, Ep. 9

I really enjoyed this episode, too. In addition to the scene with his father, I liked the shopping trip where they're setting up their mark.  And the discomfort they all feel in the car talking about a con man. My favorite, though, is after he sees his father. He says some really mean things to SC but she knows he's really hurting. The scene between HJJ and SC where he cries is so sweet, sad and moving. My husband was watching this with me and commented that LMH's nonverbals are really outstanding and what good instincts he has as an actor. And I laugh every time when HJJ later denies he cried, but SC assures him that he can tell her anything and she'll forget, and then he kisses her. Lovely.

• Like 7

LOTBS Ep 9

This Ep has lots of turning points for me, the past meets the present and HJJ seeing his father.  The crying scene moved me a lot and his acting is really top notch. The kissing scene was a little unexpected for me, didn’t see that coming and it said a lot of their relationship.  I especially loved the ending where he confronts his own painting, the look in his eyes really gave me a goosebumps no matter how many times I’ve seen it. 

• Like 8

Lee Min Ho teases new drama starring Kim Go Eun

leeminho.png

Popular South Korean actor Lee Min Ho teased his upcoming drama The King: The Eternal Monarch starring Kim Go Eun.

Lee Min Ho held an Instagram Live session during his trip to the lakeside in Gapyeong on August 23.

The King: The Eternal Monarch is especially anticipated among drama viewers because it is the next project by famous screenwriter Kim Eun Sook with both Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun are starring in the series.

The actor expressed:

“The script is out already. We’re going to start filming soon, and the earliest we might begin filming is in September. The drama is scheduled to begin airing in March. I’m going to become the king of romance, so look forward to it,” adding, “I’m going to work hard to make sure I make you happy.”

The King: The Eternal Monarch tells the story of two parallel worlds – one with a monarchy with Lee Min Ho as the emperor and another with a democracy where Kim Go Eun is a detective.

32-year-old Lee Min Ho is also a singer besides acting. He became famous in Korea and parts of Asia after his role as Gu Jun-pyo in Boys Over Flowers in 2009.

The role won him a Best New Actor Award at the 45th Baeksang Arts Awards.

His credits in TV series include City Hunter (2011), The Heirs (2013) and Legend of the Blue Sea (2016).

His success in TV series in Asia established him as a top Hallyu star.

Lee also acted in film Gangnam Blues (2015) and also China-produced film Bounty Hunters (2016).

http://theindependent.sg/lee-min-ho-teases-new-drama-starring-kim-go-eun/

• Like 7

CMrELEH.gif

Spoiler

Thanks for all your comments!

It gets all interesting as Joon Jae meets Dam Ryeong face-to-face. Now, they are not mere spectators to each other's lives through their dreams, but this is a turning point where they get to interfere and actually affect each other's future lives. Considering that Dam Ryeong has only a few days left to live, it is interesting how this interaction would alter, if at all, the direction of the lives of these two characters.

Ihykuh6.gif

I like Joon Jae's stunned look when Sim Cheong hugs him after he reassures her that he's okay.

oSjlk6H.gif

She really is a quick learner - she insists on playing the claw machine even when her guru himself gets tired of waiting and calls it quits. :P

gXAA9Kk.gif

Funny scene with the homeless fashionista. Yep, Joon Jae hesitates on touching her hand, and even dusts off Sim Cheong's coat as they were leaving. But she's got great insights as to the three phases of love!

hpa0IG6.gif

Quite an intense scene with Joon Jae and his father. It's sad that they remember contrasting memories of his childhood - father remembers their fun walk to the sauna, while he remembers being left alone sick in bed. I see where he is coming from with all that anger on his father. Not once did his father call him when he left home. However, we see that he longed for his father, but did his father even missed him then? His father's second wife must have brainwashed him good.

UqVQ8CK.gif

Heartwarming moment when Sim Cheong comforts Joon Jae. Seeing his father must have brought back the hurt of being left alone while sick, but when he wakes up, he sees her at his bedside holding his hand, despite telling her earlier that she could leave if she wants to. That gesture must have broken down his walls so he let himself open up about his father, and then break down in front of her.

mofuo3s.gif

But I guess that vulnerable side of him is only for her to know, so he tells her not to tell the boys. As she tells him she's quick to forget, he then suddenly kisses her. @SophieH, I didn't expect that kiss either at this point. 

IhcNvPA.gif

Aaand our boy is in the phase of romantic love, as he giddily prepares her breakfast. Love his slight smile upon seeing her photo on Tae Oh's phone. And sends it to himself! Hah. And love the part, too, when he secretly admires her photo on his phone.  :wub:

6EF9IN4.gif

QDfy8zN.gif

They really can't deny her love for food. It's even become part of the motivation to make her join in their "filming of a drama." And funny scene when she whispers to Joon Jae the food she wants to eat while he keeps up with their act. 

yNh11y0.gif

mEtyiRM.gif

bxe6JJc.gif

Intriguing scene, when Joon Jae sees the portrait of Dam Ryeong. Now, besides seeing him in his dreams, he sees a physical proof of Dam Ryeong's existence and his uncanny resemblance of him. That portrait is an ingenious way for Dam Ryeong to make Joon Jae believe him.

7Ppodws.gif

B05lyDQ.gif

• Like 6

I agree with you all- I think there were a lot of great moments in this episode from LMH- he is so good at playing “cold” ( I will never forget the bridge scene in BOF) and then when he cries with SC it is so perfectly pitched. His crying scenes in this drama are always spot on never OTT like some actors do.

Heirs has been mentioned so much recently because of the connection with LMH and KES that I started re-watching it. I’ve always wanted to see an English translation of the 2013 SBS award show when Heirs won so many awards and I wanted to see the English subbed version of The Heirs parody but could never find it until now. Anyway just to say if anyone else wants to watch it the link is on page 1759 in a post from Giselle_tw on The Heirs forum. Watching what Choi Jin-Hyuk says about LMH in his acceptance speech for his award really makes you realise what a lovely person LMH must be to work with.

• Like 6

LMH in LOTBS episode 9:

Thanks for all the comments!

He is still so curious about Ramyeon guy ...  :lol:

tumblr_pwngnqFIIQ1w2zf0ho1_540.png

... and is now giving Cheong-i advice.  :P

Spoiler

tumblr_pwngnqFIIQ1w2zf0ho2_540.png

As a kid he shared a great relationship with his dad.  :)

Spoiler

tumblr_pwngnqFIIQ1w2zf0ho3_540.png

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

His father's second wife must have brainwashed him good.

This!!!  :angry:

Mom is kicked out, and Dad has changed.  :(

tumblr_pwngnqFIIQ1w2zf0ho4_540.png

Sooo sad!

Back to cute  :D

tumblr_pwngnqFIIQ1w2zf0ho6_540.png

Lots of good moments this episode!

It was nice to learn through the Instagram Live that The King will air in March and that he is hoping to have a fan meeting next year.  He showed us again that he is a pro at answering ALL kinds of spontaneous questions.

• Like 7

From what’s been said and written it seems like The King is going to be shown as an expert equestrian. I am so excited about this drama

As SBS are going to be showing  The King I wondered if they will feature it on this year’s award show in December to highlight their 2020 dramas. That might be the first time we see a trailer. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

I agree with you all- I think there were a lot of great moments in this episode from LMH- he is so good at playing “cold” ( I will never forget the bridge scene in BOF) and then when he cries with SC it is so perfectly pitched. His crying scenes in this drama are always spot on never OTT like some actors do.

Heirs has been mentioned so much recently because of the connection with LMH and KES that I started re-watching it. I’ve always wanted to see an English translation of the 2013 SBS award show when Heirs won so many awards and I wanted to see the English subbed version of The Heirs parody but could never find it until now. Anyway just to say if anyone else wants to watch it the link is on page 1759 in a post from Giselle_tw on The Heirs forum. Watching what Choi Jin-Hyuk says about LMH in his acceptance speech for his award really makes you realise what a lovely person LMH must be to work with.

@Lindyloo421Thank you so much for the link to the SBS Awards show with the Heirs parody.  I've been looking for the English translation.  Geez, didn't LMH look so handsome that night?  I know I read the entire thread (except anything recent), but I totally missed this post.  He looked so happy that night.:heart:

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Thanks so much for this link. I really enjoyed watching it! What a sweet person LMH is. Loved his mentioning people being honest with their feelings.

• Like 5

WHAT’S THIS STICK THAT KDRAMA ACTORS KEEP SUCKING ON? WE TRIED IT & THIS IS HOW IT TASTES

If you’re a K-drama fan, chances are you’ve probably seen the actors sucking on a little red tube:

Spoiler

49.png

51.x89312.png

But what is it exactly?!

We got our hands on this red sachet… and here’s what it actually is

If you thought coffee, you thought wrong – it’s actually Korean red ginseng extract!

korean-red-ginseng-contents.jpg

It’s by KGC CheongKwanJang, a health and wellness brand that has been producing and selling world-class Korean ginseng since 1899. Their ginseng is grown from strictly-selected farmlands, and cultivated by climate and soil conditions found only in the Korean Peninsula.

Now… we know that ginseng is immediately associated with old people and Chinese culture, but as it turns out, there are also plenty of young folks (in Korea, at least) taking Korean red ginseng as a daily supplement for their health. Apparently they actually drink it at work, while playing sports and… even on holidays?? So jaga sihat wei.

And unlike the kinda ginseng we Malaysians are familiar with (boiling the root itself for hours on end), CheongKwanJang has made it super easy for busy bees like ourselves to consume. 100% Korean Red Ginseng Extract that’s been diluted with purified water and packaged in stick pouches, making it easy to carry and consume anywhere and anytime. Oh, they’re halal-certified too.

Spoiler

red-ginseng-products-799x1024.jpg

So… what does it actually taste like?

Not gonna lie, this stuff is STRONG! It’s pretty potent considering there’s 100% red ginseng extract in it.

As you’d know, ginseng can be pretty bitter to the taste, but thankfully these little ‘Everytime’ stick pouches carry 10ml of the extract so it’s easy to drink at once. May even wake you up better than your morning coffee! We also tried the glass bottled version of the ‘Hong Sam Won’ (100ml) which was generally sweeter and less bitter.

Not too bad, considering the fact that there are 6 main benefits certified by the Korea Food and Drug Administration: boosts immune system, supports blood circulation, acts with antioxidant properties, helps recovery from fatigue, supports memory function and improves female health in menopause.

They tell us that there are also an array of other effects described in traditional oriental medicine, such as increasing stamina, strengthening the heart, improve resistance to infections, etc.

If you wanna try it out, it’s finally available in Malaysia… on Lazada!

As their first foray into our local market, KGC CheongKwanJang has just launched their flagship store on Lazada.

To help with that, they’ve even gotten Lee Min Ho, K-celeb extraordinaire who has just completed his military training, as the Global Brand Ambassador for KGC. (A 101 for those unfamiliar: he’s easily the most popular South Korean in the whole wide world, and we’re not even kidding.)

lazada-flagship-korean-ginseng-1024x933.

Just click here to view the store and all the products that are currently available in Malaysia. Great as gifts (mother-in-law sure sayang you), or for your own consumption. At this moment, there are a number of launching promotions being offered – including ‘Buy 1, Get 1 Free Time Sale’ for ‘Everytime’ and ‘Hong Sam Won’ until September 18th. Follow them on the store and you might just get some vouchers too… and if you’re nice, buy some for Cilisos pls :P

https://cilisos.my/whats-this-stick-that-kdrama-actors-keep-sucking-on-we-tried-it-this-is-how-it-tastes/

• Like 4