Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

9GHY4NC.gif

Spoiler

@CarolynH, haha, me too, after watching episode 2, I remembered about the longer director's cut version of episode 22. I skimmed through episode 22 to look for the edited-out scenes. I got to appreciate such deleted scenes more, and actually noticed some differences, like the blurred-out laptop screen when she viewed it all night, and the different background music during the bike scene.

That's right, @MsDot2, Dam Ryeong did speculate early on that he may have been reincarnated in the future. I like his dialogue in this part. His introspection about life gives us a sense of his wisdom and intellect.

Lovely scene with the lanterns. Especially the part where Dam Ryeong was in a boat to see the mermaid again. That would have to be one of my favorite scenes in this drama. I truly love what they've done with the cinematography for the sageuk part. 

m2uQU8u.gif

I noticed, too, that Joon Jae is quite thin during the scenes in Spain. But he doesn't seem that thin as Dam Ryeong (or he doesn't look as thin with the headgear).

tsgU3HF.gif

I remember this laptop scene - I saw a clip of it when episode 2 aired then, and a reference to a familiar kdrama made me want to watch LBS (good decision, I must say :)). 

@CarolynH, if only we could instantly learn Hangul by putting a laptop over our head! Coincidentally, with the recent announcement of LMH's appointment as the ambassador of the King Sejong Institute, some Minoz say they would love to learn Hangul if LMH himself would teach them! :D

Bike scene - I love the picturesque views! It's quite amusing how Joon Jae was running for his life, while the mermaid was enjoying the romantic feels of the ride, with some effortless asskicking along the way (If I remember right, I read somewhere that JJH fell off LMH's bike several times while filming, thus, making LMH feel bad, that he quit riding bikes for some time. But we see him riding one again during his recent Spain trip).

VmxMtck.gif

Hilarious fight scene on the stairs. Joon Jae is quite proud of beating up 3 mere henchmen, when unknowingly, the mermaid has beaten up an entire army of them. It's at this point that I realized what this drama's take on the qualities of a mermaid (and it's unlike in fairy tales) - with super strength and super speed on learning (among others). And combining the two is quite a deadly pair, as the fate of the goons can attest to.

Yep, Joon Jae is no City Hunter, alright, as he quickly bows to the goon with the gun. I like his facial expressions, too. His comedic take on scenes is quite effective.

dDmzgEV.gif

I'm amazed, too, at Joon Jae riding the bike standing up. Props to LMH if he did that stunt himself. 

Maze scene - I noticed how high LMH kicks. Nice!

Ehag40S.gif

3eTdZKA.gif

Mermaid suddenly talking - Dramabeans made an interesting point on this: "The connection between Joon-jae’s desire to hear the mermaid’s voice and her sudden ability to speak is fascinating, because in Joseon I honestly couldn’t tell if they were sharing a mental connection and he just didn’t know it. But now it seems like Dam-ryung wishing to hear the mermaid is connected to her suddenly talking, similar to the way that Joon-jae voiced the desire and it magically coming true." Hmm, I never saw that connection 'til now.

Joon Jae's pretty eyeballs. When I first watched LBS, at this point, this was only my second hour of watching any of LMH's work. So I viewed this scene several times to see how pretty his eyes really are. Haha. Well, years later, I've come to realize that they're not only pretty, but they can also convey emotions without him uttering a single word. 

0N90fvM.gif

Can I just say, it was a delight to see LMH playing the guitar, but I remember that for him, learning to play the guitar was quite a challenge.

eQoSZif.gif

Joon Jae and mermaid eating ramyun. This scene was cut short in the version that was aired, so I had to go back to this scene when it was referenced to in a later episode. In the director's cut, it was more apparent that he cooked ramyun for her. 

When he puts on back the bracelet on her wrist, it seems that he's beginning to be attracted to her, or is feeling some guilt about her calling him a good person earlier. Either way, it makes me think about his back story of becoming a con man to begin with.

RxpBRl1.gif

vM6MlGF.gif

Him with a mermaid on a cliff by the ocean tells the next obvious move - both of them jumping off that cliff. But that would mean her revealing to him that soon that she is a mermaid. But in this drama, mermaids have the power of erasing the memory of humans. So now the next most likely move is that she erases his memory of her.

9CuNZPC.gif

The epilogues in this drama are sparking the interest of viewers. In this episode, the uncovering of the vase with the drawing of a mermaid kissing a man, exactly as what happened with Joon Jae and the mermaid, is intriguing enough to make you want to watch the next episode already. 

• Like 9

He's so fresh in light blue.   :love:

D-3JnLRU8AAKcJ_.jpg

cr Logo

Looking forward to see him in suit tomorrow although his hair style lately is not my favorite. 

20190708 K-news :

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/382/0000744886

Google translation :

Actor Lee Min-ho Gallery sponsored KRW 4 million to Holt Children's Welfare Branch

The Holt Child Wearing Branch (Chairman Kim Ho-hyun) said that actor Lee Min Ho's fan club (DC-Inside Lee Minho Gallery) donated 2.8 million won to Holt Children's Welfare Branch on Lee Min-ho's birthday (June 22nd). 'DC Inside Lee Minho Gallery' sponsored KRW 4 million in the new year of 2019.

Holt said, "I am grateful to the gallery, Lee Min-ho, who showed continued interest and love, and the donation for the birthday will be used in full for the low-income family child medical expenses."

On the other hand, actor Lee Minho has established a donation brand 'Promise' in 2014 with the promise of sharing, sharing happiness, and practicing now.

In order to participate in the good activities of Star, "DC Inside Lee Minho Gallery" has been carrying out various activities such as milk powder and heating expenses, sponsoring children with heart disease, supporting milk for children waiting for adoption, etc.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Lee Min Ho fans commemorate his 32nd birthday with 2.8 million won donation to child welfare organization

leeminhojpg.jpg

The Korean branch of Holt International Children's Services revealed that Lee Min Ho's DC Inside fan community made a special donation to celebrate the actor's 32nd birthday.

According to a statement released by the organization on July 8, the fans donated a total of 2.8 million won (approx. $2,375 USD). This is the second time this fan group has donated to the charity this year, having previously gifted them with a new year donation of 4 million won (approx. $3,394 USD).

A representative for the charity revealed they will be using the donation to cover medical fees of children from low-income families.

Meanwhile, the actor's birthday was on June 22.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/07/lee-min-ho-fans-commemorate-his-32nd-birthday-with-28-million-won-donation-to-child-welfare-organization

Cheong Kwan Jang MY FB Update

65536446_1101990563339519_66749658619266

• Like 5

On 7/7/2019 at 3:55 AM, MsDot2 said:

Thank you for the posts about joining Minoz. But I had trouble figuring it out. I found a Facebook post on Minoz Mexico that's a helpful tutorial  about how to join Interpark, which is evidently the first thing you have to do. Tomorrow they're going to post a tutorial for the second part.  The text of the post is in Spanish but the screen shots of Interpark's website are in English.  Here's the link to Minoz Mexico's Facebook page, followed by an English translation of their post about the tutorial.  On their Facebook page the screenshots of Interpark below the text are pretty self-explanatory with lots of pointer arrows. I had no trouble joining Interpark.

Here's the link to the Mexico Minoz Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MinozMexicoOfficial/

Here's the English translation of the text:

"Dear Minoz: we leave you the tutorial to create your account in global interpark, which is necessary to be able to make the purchase of the membership. Tomorrow we will publish the second tutorial that will be reference to the form of payment.

You must enter this link and follow the steps that are indicated:

http://www.globalinterpark.com/main/main

Note: this is the first step in order to acquire membership. Membership can be purchased from July 8, 2019 (Monday) 20:00 ~ to July 26, 2019 (Friday) 20:00 Korean time. And when you go to make the purchase you will have to enter globalinterpark with the account you will create in this tutorial.

Greetings and success in your registration."

Hi- can I ask anyone who has done this- I’ve paid and had confirmation but the instructions say to “put in official website ID” I don’t understand what that means. Is that for when you join on the Minoz page on the LMH website. That page isn’t in English and also I thought you couldn’t join til August 1st.

perhaps I am being thick but I am totally confused. Please can anyone help

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Hi- can I ask anyone who has done this- I’ve paid and had confirmation but the instructions say to “put in official website ID” I don’t understand what that means. Is that for when you join on the Minoz page on the LMH website. That page isn’t in English and also I thought you couldn’t join til August 1st.

perhaps I am being thick but I am totally confused. Please can anyone help

Hi @Lindyloo421. The official website is the LMH official website at http://www.leeminho.kr/front/. You would have to use the official website ID to register in that official website. But you would only be able to do that starting August 1. Hopefully they would update the website to accommodate non-Korean speaking fans.

Congrats btw on joining the official Minoz club!  

Today, LMH will attend Ambassador Appointment Ceremony of the King Sejong Institute at 10AM (KST) at The Plaza Hotel, Jung-gu, Seoul

cto

D-8upXAUYAAT5lD.jpg

D-eLfT9UwAAEuqU.jpg

• Like 4

World Korean Language Educator's Congress with Lee Min-ho

0004258095_001_20190709085205553.jpg?type=w430View original
Poster for 2019 World Korean Language Education Contest

Teachers who teach Korean at Sejong Institute around the world and Korean language education experts will gather together. 

The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism will hold the "2019 World Korean Language Educator's Congress" with the Sejong Institute Foundation. Launched in 2009 and held annually, the "World Korean Language Educator's Congress" is a Korean language and culture training course that invites Korean language teachers from overseas to Korea to improve their expertise at Sejong Institute. 

The event, which marked the 11th of its kind this year, will draw some 200 people, including teachers from 36 countries and 92 Sejong Institutes and other Korean language education officials. 

The opening ceremony of the event will begin at 10 a.m. on Tuesday with actor Lee Min-ho's appointment as public relations ambassador for the Sejong Institute at the Plaza Hotel's Grand Ballroom. Lee Min-ho is the most favored Korean actor in the hallyu region, and plans to promote the Sejong Institute in earnest by appearing in a promotional video for the Sejong Institute. 

Spoiler

It will be followed by a ceremony for 13 newly designated Sejong Institutes, including the Ponsaban Sejong Institute in Laos, and a ceremony to deliver thank-you cards to four of the outstanding Sejong Institutes (Australia Adelaide, Bulgaria, Sofia, Vietnam, and Montevideo, Uruguay). 

After the opening ceremony, there will be a time for local foreigners to introduce operating cases of "Sejong Culture Academy" where they learn Korean culture directly from experts, such as "Hansik," "hanbok," "traditional Yeon-hee," and "K-pop," and a discussion under the theme of "The Story of Sejong Institute, which speaks Korean and communicates with Korean culture." 

The ministry will invite the heads of operating institutions of the prestigious Sejong Institute to Korea this year, following last year. The four best examples are Pauline Car, honorary president of Australia's South Australian University of Australia (Adlaid Sejong Institute), Georgy Bulchev, vice president of Sofia University in Bulgaria (Sophia Sejong Institute), Nguyen Phung Lin, president of Hue University of Vietnam (after Sejong Institute), Julio Fernandez, vice president of Uruguay's Ort University (Monteobyodang School) and others. 

On the 10th, training sessions for Korean teaching methods, Korean teaching methods, writing teaching materials, managing education, and evaluating learners will be held, and on the 11th, a special lecture on "The Prospects of Korean Teachers in the World," and a program to experience Korean culture will be held at the Korean Food Culture Center, the National Museum of Korea and the National Hangeul Museum.

https://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=103&oid=014&aid=0004258095

• Like 7

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Many many my favorite perfect profile photos. Soooooooooo handsome.   :heart:

Reveal hidden contents

D-_9uHpVUAEGUNO.jpg

D-_9sskVAAY6IMa.jpg

D-_y2hnU8AUnezR.jpg

D_AAh2RWwAAGJkW.jpg

D_AFPuYVUAATMNL.jpg

D_AFP-VU4AAfUsn.jpg

D_AFQOgUYAA0xzt.jpg

cr Logo

Hi gtLmh, I love them, too! It's perfect indeed! I love looking at his pointed & sharp nose. :P Thanks for sharing the pictures.

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

Lee Min-ho attends Appointment Ceremony as Ambassador of King Sejong Institute

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing the videos during the event. :P

• Like 4

King Sejong Institute IG Update

:) Minho being an ambassador for the promotion of his country's language and culture around the world - I can't help but feel proud of our bb :)

Lee Min Ho appointed ambassador for Korean language institute

Korean star Lee Min Ho has been officially appointed as brand ambassador for the King Sejong Institute under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MCST) tasked to promote Korean language and culture abroad.

1LeeMinHo.jpeg

Korean star Lee Minho (right) with Korea’s Culture Minister Park Yang-woo at the appointment ceremony on July 9 in Seoul (MCST)

A ceremony was held July 9 at The Plaza Hotel in Seoul wherein Culture Minister Park Yang-woo presented Lee Min Ho with a letter of appointment. As ambassador, the 32-year-old actor will appear in the institute’s Korean language and culture contents.

“I am honored to be the public relations ambassador for the King Sejong Institute,” Lee Min Ho said at the ceremony.

In 2007, the ministry designated the King Sejong Institute to promote Korean language and culture overseas. From 13 institutes in three countries in 2007, it now has 180 institutes in 60 countries serving about 60,000 people who want to learn the language.

Lee Min Ho’s appointment ceremony coincided with the holding of the 2019 World Korean Educators Conference organized by the MCST and the King Sejong Institute Foundation that started on July 8 and will run until July 12 in Seoul.

“We appointed Lee Min Ho, who is well-known at home and abroad, as brand ambassador in line with the growing popularity of the Korean Wave. We hope that more people will get to know King Sejong Institute through actor Lee Min Ho,” according to the culture ministry.

2LeeMinHo.jpeg

Korean actor Lee Minho speaks at the ceremony for his appointment as brand ambassador for the King Sejong Institute (MCST)

This is Lee Min Ho’s first big project since finishing his military service last April and according to his agency, MYM Entertainment, “The reason Lee Min Ho has selected the first showing as with the foundation after his military discharge, is because of his special affection for his contribution to society.”

This year, Lee Min Ho is celebrating his 13th anniversary of his debut in the entertainment industry. His first drama project after his discharge will be “The King: The Eternal Monarch,” which is slated to air next year.

He established the donation platform Promiz in 2014 to help in different causes including environment, children and animals. Last year, he sponsored Lee Min Ho photo books for Korean language learner at King Sejong Institutes around the world.

https://entertainment.mb.com.ph/2019/07/09/lee-min-ho-appointed-ambassador-for-korean-language-institute/

• Like 9

https://www.knetizen.com/lee-min-ho-was-appointed-ambassador-to-promote-sejonghakdang/

Lee Min Ho was appointed ambassador to promote Sejonghakdang

Published by admin on July 9, 2019

Lee Min Ho, man better than flowers!

Lee-Min-Ho.jpg

Lee Min Ho was appointed ambassador to promote the state-run King Sejong Institute, or Sejonghakdang, which teaches Korean language and culture overseas.

original post: naver

1.[+491, -48] Daebakㄷㄷㄷ

2. [+198, -3] He is still cool

3. [+140, -5] Ambassador of public relations for Sejonghakdang

4. [+68, -3] Favorite Korean Actor in the Hallyu

5. [+51, -1] Lee Min Ho is so elegant.

6. [+41, -1] Handsome. Real handsome.

7. [+36, -1] He’s so handsome. I watched the video and it was really nice and there was a lot to say…. It’s perfect!

8. [+35, -1] Lee Min Ho is like a flower. Congratulations to Sejonghakdang’s PR ambassador!

9. [+27, -0] He’s handsome.

10. [+27, -1] Lee Min Ho, who was praised for his quiet actions.

11. [+25, -0] I’ll cheer you.

12. [+23, -0] Actor Lee Min Ho~ I always support you.

• Like 10

July 9, 2019

A-listers return to small screen after completing military service

SEOUL, July 9 (Yonhap) -- A number of A-list actors are on their way back to the small screen to resume their rule of the show business world, having finished their mandatory military duty.

From early on, the year 2019 has seen a succession of young actors with massive selling power completing their mandatory national defense service of around two years.

In South Korea, all able-bodied men are obliged to serve in the Army or other services for about two years as the country is technically at war with North Korea.

This military service sometimes puts a brake on the high-flying careers of actors and K-pop artists, but evasion could lead to a massive public outcry, ruining their entertainment career.

Lee Min-ho, who soared to stardom with the 2009 drama series "Boys Over Flowers," also put his acting career on hold two years ago to start his military service following his last TV drama series, "Legend of the Blue Sea," which also starred actress Jun Ji-hyun.

Discharged from the military in April, the 32-year-old Lee will resume his acting career in full-swing with a leading role in "The King," a TV fantasy series created by star screenwriter Kim Eun-sook. Shooting will begin in the latter half of this year, with the show set to air in 2020.

Experts said the return of top-rate actors in droves may help revive the global popularity of Korean TV dramas, especially in China, which is slowly lifting its boycott of Korean TV content following a diplomatic row with South Korea over the deployment of the U.S. air defense system Terminal High Altitude Area Defense in South Korea.

"The absence of such star actors has indeed caused a vacuum in show business," popular culture critic Ha Jae-keun said.

"With their return, hallyu (the Korean Wave) may have another heyday, combined with the return of the Chinese audience," he said.

(skipped unrelated.....)

pbr@yna.co.kr
(END)

credit : Yonhap News

• Like 6

20 hours ago, syntyche said:

Lee Min Ho fans commemorate his 32nd birthday with 2.8 million won donation to child welfare organization

The Korean branch of Holt International Children's Services revealed that Lee Min Ho's DC Inside fan community made a special donation to celebrate the actor's 32nd birthday.

According to a statement released by the organization on July 8, the fans donated a total of 2.8 million won (approx. $2,375 USD). This is the second time this fan group has donated to the charity this year, having previously gifted them with a new year donation of 4 million won (approx. $3,394 USD).

A representative for the charity revealed they will be using the donation to cover medical fees of children from low-income families.

Meanwhile, the actor's birthday was on June 22.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/07/lee-min-ho-fans-commemorate-his-32nd-birthday-with-28-million-won-donation-to-child-welfare-organization

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. Wahhh.............quite a huge amount of money - So NICE & very kind of his fans to have joined this good cause. As far as I remember, the fan club has made regular contributions to Holt Children's Services since some years ago, including a New Year donation of W4 million in January. Please correct me if I'm wrong, dear. :P

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

King Sejong Institute IG Update

:) Minho being an ambassador for the promotion of his country's language and culture around the world - I can't help but feel proud of our bb :)

Lee Min Ho appointed ambassador for Korean language institute

Korean star Lee Min Ho has been officially appointed as brand ambassador for the King Sejong Institute under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MCST) tasked to promote Korean language and culture abroad.

Korean star Lee Minho (right) with Korea’s Culture Minister Park Yang-woo at the appointment ceremony on July 9 in Seoul (MCST)

A ceremony was held July 9 at The Plaza Hotel in Seoul wherein Culture Minister Park Yang-woo presented Lee Min Ho with a letter of appointment. As ambassador, the 32-year-old actor will appear in the institute’s Korean language and culture contents.

“I am honored to be the public relations ambassador for the King Sejong Institute,” Lee Min Ho said at the ceremony.

In 2007, the ministry designated the King Sejong Institute to promote Korean language and culture overseas. From 13 institutes in three countries in 2007, it now has 180 institutes in 60 countries serving about 60,000 people who want to learn the language.

Lee Min Ho’s appointment ceremony coincided with the holding of the 2019 World Korean Educators Conference organized by the MCST and the King Sejong Institute Foundation that started on July 8 and will run until July 12 in Seoul.

“We appointed Lee Min Ho, who is well-known at home and abroad, as brand ambassador in line with the growing popularity of the Korean Wave. We hope that more people will get to know King Sejong Institute through actor Lee Min Ho,” according to the culture ministry.

Korean actor Lee Minho speaks at the ceremony for his appointment as brand ambassador for the King Sejong Institute (MCST)

This is Lee Min Ho’s first big project since finishing his military service last April and according to his agency, MYM Entertainment, “The reason Lee Min Ho has selected the first showing as with the foundation after his military discharge, is because of his special affection for his contribution to society.”

This year, Lee Min Ho is celebrating his 13th anniversary of his debut in the entertainment industry. His first drama project after his discharge will be “The King: The Eternal Monarch,” which is slated to air next year.

He established the donation platform Promiz in 2014 to help in different causes including environment, children and animals. Last year, he sponsored Lee Min Ho photo books for Korean language learner at King Sejong Institutes around the world.

https://entertainment.mb.com.ph/2019/07/09/lee-min-ho-appointed-ambassador-for-korean-language-institute/

*** Also, thanks for sharing this. The one beside him is the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Park Yang-woo who's holding a cardboard certificate appointing him as PR ambassador for the King Sejong Institute.  :P
  • Like 2

Lee Min Ho Receives Appointment As New PR Ambassador Of King Sejong Institute

FOR LEE MIN HO FANS, ANOTHER WAY TO SUPPORT YOUR FAVORITE ACTOR IS TO PURSUE YOUR INTEREST IN STUDYING THE KOREAN LANGUAGE.

Gracing the opening ceremony of the 2019 World Korean Language Educators Conference, Lee Min Ho marks another noteworthy deed for his country.

Spoiler

zwCdydHZj3Hk636982686923287505-768x1152.

Held at the Plaza Hotel in Seoul, the actor officially accepted his new role to raise more interest in studying Korean language. As a popular Korean wave icon, Lee was chosen to contribute on the institute’s project.

As a newly-appointed King Sejong Institute public relations ambassador, Lee Min Ho prepares to promote and participate in the production of Korean language and culture learning contents.

hEu19tnUOaHW636982690876655840-768x1152.

In his quick speech, the dashing actor playfully quipped not to question his new role. Citing his overseas experience in meeting fans encouraged him to take the role.

He said, “I have had the opportunities to visit many countries and overseas fans. I always wanted to be helpful when I watched the fans who are uncomfortable but wanted to communicate in Korean.”

H5cnbgScL6ce636982689473178733-768x512.j

Spoiler

Established in 2007 by the South Korean government, King Sejong Institute aims to cater in the growing interest of foreigners to learn the Korean language.

With that, the Ministry of Culture and Tourism has been designating and operating overseas learning centers.

As of June 2019, the number of locations has expanded to 180 locations in 60 countries with 60,000 students. From its humble beginning of 13 locations in three countries in 2007, it is considered an impressive feat. Further proving the global prevalence of Korean language and culture.

jzfEdBgOCIjr636982693001535114-768x1152.

b8b8c820-4ae3-4b46-b901-b98adfb898d0-768

Lee Min Ho was selected as one of the most preferred Korean actors in the Hallyu region by the Korea Culture & International Promotion Agency this year. He has been a member of the Korea Tourism Promotion Ambassador from 2015 to 2018.

Known for his exemplary advocacies, the actor adds another notable project to his name. Since his completion of military service, Lee actively works on donation platform PROMIZ in spearheading projects dedicated to underprivileged children.

https://www.hellokpop.com/news/lee-min-ho-appointment-king-sejong-institute/

Lee Min Ho was appointed ambassador to promote King Sejong Academy

On the morning of July 9, Lee Min Ho was appointed ambassador to promote King Sejong Academy at the World Korean Language Education Conference 2019. The event took place at the Plaza Hotel in Jung-gu, Seoul, organized by the Sejong Foundation together with the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism.

Spoiler

29232_2019070901000721000048441.jpg

201907091035773947_5d23efd9e79c0_1024x.j

29232_2019070901000721800048491.jpg

Accordingly, Lee Min Ho will participate in producing Korean cultural learning content, and will perform other activities to promote King Sejong Academy worldwide.

Spoiler

29232_2019070901000723500048611.jpg

29232_2019070901000723700048631.jpg

29232_2019070901000724900048691.jpg

https://www.dramacool.info/k-star-lee-min-ho-was-appointed-ambassador-to-promote-king-sejong-academy.html

********************************************************************************

Lee Min-ho to promote Korean language and culture [PHOTOS]

Actor Lee Min-ho, right, and Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Park Yang-woo hold a cardboard certificate appointing Lee as PR ambassador for the state-run King Sejong Institute at the Plaza Hotel in Seoul, Tuesday. The institute, under the ministry's control, offers Korean language and cultural education programs for foreigners interested in the country. As of June this year, the institute had 180 offices in 60 countries, teaching nearly 60,000 foreigners each year. Yonhap

b8361548a988438488ac22af1009fb90.jpg

Actor Lee Min-ho, right, and Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Park Yang-woo shake hands at the ceremony. Yonhap

Spoiler

18105670785f4172b076e9ebc1d3f1aa.jpg

37bf54e3ca1d4ebda163325ad1b4c138.jpg

fe2241a845204050b7b274a3dfbb7e6f.jpg

Lee Min-ho speaks during the ceremony. Yonhap

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2019/07/688_271998.html

• Like 7

He's just looks terrific at the presentation by the King Sejong Instiute! Such a good project for him; it's a great fit.

Has anyone gone online to take the lessons offered by the Institute?  I haven't found them easy to use, but perhaps it's just me! Any other online recommendations that you've found to be useful for starting with Korean? I know there's a ton on YouTube. Just looking for which ones might be particularly good. Thanks!

• Like 4

Mmmmm...he looked heavenly at the Sejong Institute event :wub:  Thanks SoomZies for bringing all the delightful pictures.  I especially adore THIS  He looked like a boy about to take his First Communion :P

As for profile, I still can’t decide which side I like better....but I’ll kiss either one if given the chance :D

D_Ax-WjUwAA89SI?format=jpg&name=900x900

If looks could kill.....

D_CVKDhU8AAyxU-?format=jpg&name=900x900

cr as tagged 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, MsDot2 said:

He's just looks terrific at the presentation by the King Sejong Instiute! Such a good project for him; it's a great fit.

Has anyone gone online to take the lessons offered by the Institute?  I haven't found them easy to use, but perhaps it's just me! Any other online recommendations that you've found to be useful for starting with Korean? I know there's a ton on YouTube. Just looking for which ones might be particularly good. Thanks!

Hi MsDot,   King Sejong Institute is an international institute with branches all over the world. Here in my side, it has its branches. If you made a good performance in class, you can even have a chance to visit Korea and experience the culture for free.  My friend was a part of the scholars in the 2014 batch of Korean learners who were sent in Korea during the fall season some years ago. I knew King Sejong Institute because of her. She said that this institute really offers good Korean class. So who is King Sejong? To those of you that do not know, Korean was using Hanja (Chinese characters) before and King Sejong was the one who created Hangeul in order for everyone to be literate, not only the scholars. Aside from the normal classes, those who are in need of intense Korean classes (for spouse visa and for working visa) usually enroll here. Before I go any further, one site I relied on heavily when I started Korean was this site: https://www.rocketlanguages.com/korean/rocket-korean-premium

It’s one of the most comprehensive audio-rich tools I’ve seen anywhere for studying Korean. It focuses on teaching you very natural Korean conversation. For me, if you’re just starting out with Korean or planning to move to Korea then this will help you. You need at least 15-30 minutes a day of actual study, focusing primarily on repeating natural dialogues and the rest of your time has you speaking with native speakers as much as possible. And the best part is it’s significantly cheaper than other household-name language courses. The way people talk in the audio is extremely easy to follow and detailed, and there’s an app version on iOS and Android. :P

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 4