Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Yay! LMH must like a fantasy element in his series, this will be his third ( after Faith and LOTBS). I hope he plays both parts!  The prevalence of fantasy (time travel, unusual powers, ghosts, etc.) is one of the reasons I like K-drama so much.  

While waiting for our guy I´ll have to content myself with the Arthdal Chronicles...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

Thanks @syntyche  for creating the drama thread. We just have to make sure we update it to keep it on the first page. 

Article says

It’s a drama that tackles the subject of parallel worlds. In one world, the emperor of the Korean empire seeks to keep the doors closed, while in the other, a detective of the Republic of Korea seeks to protect his life and the people he loves.

So it would be pretty similar to Legend of the Blue Sea with sageuk scenes and also scenes in the modern setting. The question is, will Lee Min Ho portray a dual role —  the Emperor in the sageuk part of the drama and the detective ? Or will one of the roles be played by a different actor? 

Most of Chinese media reported that LMH would play dual roles in the new drama.  :P

And heard that most of comments of today's K-news about LMH star in this drama were positive. :lol:

OBS news :

https://tv.naver.com/v/8279441

Lee Min-ho X Kim Eun-sook rejoins in 6 years as 'The King: Monarch of Eternity'

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Kris Silva said:

Thanks @syntyche  for creating the drama thread. We just have to make sure we update it to keep it on the first page. 

Article says

It’s a drama that tackles the subject of parallel worlds. In one world, the emperor of the Korean empire seeks to keep the doors closed, while in the other, a detective of the Republic of Korea seeks to protect his life and the people he loves.

So it would be pretty similar to Legend of the Blue Sea with sageuk scenes and also scenes in the modern setting. The question is, will Lee Min Ho portray a dual role —  the Emperor in the sageuk part of the drama and the detective ? Or will one of the roles be played by a different actor? 

Hi Kris Silva, oh...........thanks for sharing this. At least, it's not historical all the way............ :P

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Most of Chinese media reported that LMH would play dual roles in the new drama.  :P

And heard that most of comments of today's K-news about LMH star in this drama were positive. :lol:

OBS news :

https://tv.naver.com/v/8279441

Lee Min-ho X Kim Eun-sook rejoins in 6 years as 'The King: Monarch of Eternity'

Hi gtLmh, thanks for this info - :P

• Like 3

According to Asian Wiki LMH will play both King and detective. I hope this is true. 

http://asianwiki.com/The_King:_Monarch_of_Eternity

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©

The Devil is released into the human world and soon opens a door into a parallel world. The Devil asks if he lived a better life in the other world, if he could live in the other world. Against the Devil's question, Korean Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min-Ho) tries to close the door to the parallel world and South Korean Detective Jung Tae-Eul (Lee Min-Ho) tries to protect the lives of people and the person he loves.

Also read in twitter from acct @sabss_XD that weibo article says: The demon which was unleashed into the world opened the doors to parallel universes. The demon posed this question "If the other "you" in the parallel world is living a better and happier life, would you then choose to exchange your life with your other self." This drama depicts the choices to be made by the "science" type King who wishes to close the doors vs the "arts" type police officer who wishes to protect lives, his friends and love and how they deal with the demon's question. Both of them will straddle between both worlds as they help one another.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

[SBS Star]

Lee Minho Goes on a Trip Abroad for the First Time After Returning to the Society

Korean actor Lee Minho was seen enjoying himself on a trip abroad. For the past few days, Lee Minho continually gave an update on his life to fans through social media. Lee Minho uploaded lots of photos with the caption, "I'm so glad that I'm here!"The photos were of Lee Minho looking happy where there are spectacular views of mountain scenary. It seemed Lee Minho went on a trip abroad as the photos did not look like they were taken in Korea. The constant appearance of a bicycle in the photos suggest that Lee Minho had been cycling around the area to enjoy the scenary to the fullest.The area also looked like the perfect place to get some fresh air after returning to the society upon completion of his alternative military service in the capital city of Korea.   Meanwhile, Lee Minho confirmed to lead an upcoming fantasy romance drama 'The King: the Eternal Monarch' (literal translation) that is written by famous screenplay writer Kim Eun-sook.
출처 : SBS 뉴스 원본 링크 : https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005255374&plink=COPYPASTE&cooper=SBSNEWSEND

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005255374

• Like 6

14 hours ago, syntyche said:

Another IG Update!

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing MORE pictures while he's in Spain for vacation. I wonder how long will he be away. :P I'm happy to see that he's enjoying himself once again being in the outside world. I guess he's been cycling there since he wants to make himself fit again, which while during MS he can't do any work-outs & visit the gym.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, msdot said:

Yay! LMH must like a fantasy element in his series, this will be his third ( after Faith and LOTBS). I hope he plays both parts!  The prevalence of fantasy (time travel, unusual powers, ghosts, etc.) is one of the reasons I like K-drama so much.  

While waiting for our guy I´ll have to content myself with the Arthdal Chronicles...

Hi msdot, I read that the two characters slip out of their time periods to work together for different causes. LMH can still enjoy his idle time since shooting for "The King" will kick off in the latter half of this year yet. I’m sure some people in the social welfare institution will miss him since they got to see him every day for at least (2) years or 21-months...... :P But, I'm happy that he comes back to "US" now.

• Like 3

On 5/7/2019 at 10:55 AM, leeminhosny said:

King is back and King will be really King:lol:  I can't believe it :bawling:

Hi leeminhosny,  welcome back my man! Ye, the emperor is described as the rational, logical type, whereas the detective is more creative and emotional. This will make for some interesting (2) identities in the drama.  "The King: Eternal Ruler" does not yet have a broadcaster, so I'm excited what station will this drama be aired. I really like the sound of this—the premise.  The plot sounds intriguing. I have faith in LMH and can't wait for his return on the small screen.  He can act. Not just a handsome face. I'm not a fan of historical genres but, I loved Lee Min Ho in "FAITH". His Goryeo general character with a modern Seoul was just fantastic. “LEGEND OF THE BLUE SEA" is good, too.  I've always love the writer's rating hype because she always deliver. I do like the dialogues in her writings, too. :P

• Like 4

On 5/6/2019 at 9:00 PM, syntyche said:

Our Minho is vacationing in Spain

syntycheI read in JIW's thread that Jung Il Woo now is travelling to France and Portugal with Lee Min Ho and actor Kang Shin Hyo. Is it true, dear? :P

20190508 K-news : https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0004005355

Google translation :

Lee Min Ho, ahead of the comeback, is ranked # 1 in the Weibo Star chart .. Hallyu star

0004005355_001_20190508214908115.jpg?typ

[OSEN = Kim Eun Ae reporter] actor Lee Min Ho won first place on the Weibo star chart and proved the reputation of 'hallyu star'.

On the 8th, Lee Min - ho was ranked # 1 on the Weibo Star chart. The Weibo Star chart is an indicator that objectively reflects the influence and popularity of stars in the way rewards.

In particular, Lee Min-ho has won all four of the WeiBosta charts, including views, interactive index, social influence, and affection index. It is a part of the hot popularity of Lee Min Ho who is considered Asia Prince.

0004005355_002_20190508214908128.jpeg?ty

On the other hand, Lee Min-ho completed an alternative service as a social worker on November 25. Lee Min-ho has confirmed the appearance of Kim Eun-sook's new film 'The King: Eternal Monarch', and is about to return to the house.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, CallieP said:

Don't like him with the goatee in the black and white photograph. :D:o He looks great in the second one. Very regal. Good Photoshop.

Hi CallieP, I couldn't agree more - I love the 2nd one, too! :P

2 hours ago, syntyche said:

Minho's IG Posts!

Reveal hidden contents

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing MORE pictures. In the 1st picture, I wonder who's back was that, huh? LMH just woke up - love that candid photo! :P

• Like 2

Lee Min-ho Poised for New Soap After Release from Military

2019050801212_0.jpg

Actor Lee Min-ho, who was discharged from military service just last month, will reunite with star scriptwriter Kim Eun-sook for a new TV series.

Production company Hwa & Dam Pictures on Tuesday said it will be his second project with Kim since the 2013 hit series "The Heirs."

She also wrote many other mega hits including "Descendants of the Sun," "Guardian," and most recently "Mr. Sunshine."

The fantasy drama tells the story of two people from two different parallel universes. It is expected to air in the first half of 2020.

credit : Chosun Ilbo

• Like 5