Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Spoiler

Episode 16

https://www.dramabeans.com/2011/07/city-hunter-episode-16/

Short synopsis

Young-ju’s use of Yoon-sung’s Thai name stops the latter in his tracks. He doesn’t expressly deny Young-ju’s assertion, just evades it by telling him to bring proof if he’s so sure he’s the City Hunter. Young-ju vows to catch him in the act.

Yoon-sung maintains his composure until he’s out of sight, then collapses, weakened from the toxic exposure. He awakens in bed with Shik-joong tending to him, and with the memory of recent dangerous events impressed firmly in his mind, he hands over his bank books and house deed to Ajusshi.   LMH looks really handsome in the close ups, you see his beautiful eyes. He realizes he is not invincible and wants to ensure that his mother and Nana are taken care of, should anything happen to him.

He visits Nana, finally telling her that he cares for her but his life is such that he cannot love and does not want her to care or hurt because of him. He wants her to forget him.

Young Joo fails at linking Jin Pyo to being the Thai Drug Lord because Jin Pyo has bribed the Thai officials. Jin Pyo continues to work on Chan Jae Man.

Nana visits Yoon Sung’s mother and gets into a conversation with the son of a industrial exposure victim at the hospital. She takes him the store to buy lipstick with 100 won coins which the sales clerk refuses to accept.Yoon Sung intervenes and gives the clerk a dressing down. He later tells Nana not to visit him mom again.

At the hospital, YS sees Chan Jae Man’s henchman force the victim to fingerprint the document giving a waiver to the company. He follows the henchmen. Some goons are attacking the protestors at the factory site. YS wearing a mask, fights the goons and the henchman, overpowering all of them and he takes the waiver from the henchman. LMH has some spiffy moves with a water bottle and when he jump kicks on of the goons, so cool.

Da Hye is going to work at the coffee shop and she is also getting lessons fromYoon Sung. Nana and Eun Ha are there. As Nana and Da Hye enters, a group of anti-fans throws eggs at Da Hye but Nana protects her. Young Sung and Eun Ha comes to the rescue. Nana as keeping her promise pushes away YS’s attempts to help her clean up. While teaching Da Hye, YS keeps staring at Nana (Ha! Ha!)

Yoon Sung has lunch with the president and Da Hye. . During lunch it was funny that all three of them took out beans from their rice. Three of them hate beans. What does that portend? When asked YS admitted that Da Hye is not college material. Da Hye took the opportunity to say that she wanted to be a barista and not go to college. The President has a separate conversation with YS and finds that they are similar. He thinks YS is brave to be so frank to the president and likes him for it.

Yoon Sung cannot forget thinking about Nana. He walks to a place where they have met before and there she is sitting by the river. He scolds her for moping there and asks her to look for another man. She is upset that he has no right to ask her to do that. It is up to her. She asks if he can just ask her to wait for him until his work is done but he could not even do that and walks away.

Jin Pyo gets the 1983 confidential book by bribing the government official. His assistant Sang Gook tellsYoon Sung about it.

Yoon Sung goes to dad's place and goes to work trying to decipher the code and open the safe. Young Ju gets there at the same time and dad after finding out the Sang Gook told Yoon Sung about the book. Young Ju forces his way to open the safe but it it empty. Chan Jae Man had suspected Jin Pyo and got his henchman to steal the book. Jae Man also wants his henchman to find Yoon Sung's mother.

Yoon Sung in the meantime tries to find the 1983 yearbook at the Blue House library and bumps into the president...

• Like 7

On 7/2/2018 at 12:23 AM, willenette said:

Hi CallieP, there’s a standard 35 days of leave given to ordinary soldiers and have a maximum of 50 days of break. However, the 30 celebrity soldiers that were discharged after year 2010 had an average vacation that was 76.4 days. However, since last year, the special leave has been decreasing. Now the celebrity vacation leave is similar to ordinary soldiers. But special considerations are allowed for celebrity soldiers. The reason why celebrities receive more vacation days than ordinary soldiers is because they’re often required to participate in a wide variety of activities in promoting the Korean military overseas. Currently, well-known TV entertainers who are asked to participate in the military's public relations campaigns get more rewards. Under this system, the more events an enlisted man participates in, the more rewards he receives. This cause a problem to so many that’s why they’re considering ways now to make the system more fair. They always get time off on Holidays (like Chuseok) though. :P

How come I do not see LMH promoting the Korean military overseas since he is the most popular Korean actor overseas, probably even more popular overseas than in Korea. :o

• Like 1

BgrjOQq.gif

Spoiler

Haha. Big ears. It turns out that Yoon Sung's Thai friend with the big ears who likes to be touched is his elephant! So Yoon Sung made Nana jealous over an elephant? Silly. :D

bxQNzh8.gif

So Yoon Sung is really serious now about pushing Nana away. But right after admitting that he likes her. Ouch! It can't be denied though, that Yoon Sung still feels for Nana, with all that concern about her even after that cruel breakup. Quite revealing is that confrontation scene by the fountain. I feel Yoon Sung's hurt and longing with those tears in his eyes. And I have to say, he may have a relatively large adam's apple (I remember him mentioning about it once), but it quite works out for him - it puts the (literal) emphasis on a situation that is a tough pill to swallow.

rVQIInx.gif

Ingenious City Hunter strikes again! This time with a water bottle! I have to give props to this show, for showcasing the ingenuity of martial arts which use ordinary items as weapons. And it's lovely to watch LMH execute those fight scenes!Pvgq5dz.gif

Fckc4uw.gif

When the President handed Yoon Sung the missing 1983 volume, I thought it pays to not like black beans, since he gained a comrade in the President. Then I read the Dramabeans recap. Oh wow. I'm not sure if it's good that I knew about it this soon, or it would be better if I learned about it as it's revealed. But wow. Hmmm... I guess it  makes sense, considering the previous awkward meeting of the President and Kyung Hee. And with Jin Pyo intending Yoon Sung to take the fifth target, I fear Jin Pyo is up to something cruel. I knew the President is interesting - him seeming to be different from the criminal ways of the other four.  

hDS6c8c.gif

• Like 5

Hi guys!  Is everyone as hot as me in So Cal?  113 degrees on Friday.  I noticed that the dramas of quite a few actors and actresses are on cable.  I'm thinking that LMH should accept a drama on cable.  I don't believe cable has the same time constraints as the network stations so important scenes such as the ones edited from LBS would be included.  Also, I don't think he would feel the ratings pressure quite as much.  Thoughts?

Spoiler

CITY HUNTER EPISODE 16

It's sad that LYS sees his death as a foregone conclusion.  He sure recovered quickly.  i think LYS should allow NaNa to decide for herself if she can be with someone like LYS knowing that he risks his life.  What was the President place of employment prior to becoming president?  I hate the store clerk who wouldn't count Yoon Shik's  change.  Money is money regardless if it's coin or paper.  NaNa even offered to do the clerk's job:angry:.  Yahoo City Hunter to the rescue as Jae Man's goonies beat us the protestors.  Isn't LMH/LYS so cool fighting only with a water bottle.  I really enjoy the scene between LYS and his omma, so touching.  

@syntyche you must love the scene where LYS is reading to Yoon Shik.  Whoever is the mother of LMH's kids will definitely need to be the disciplinarian, I suspect he's going to be a pushover with his kids.  I don't know, isn't NaNa too new to the job to guard the President?    NaNa is right that LYS made her depressed and his words are awfully mean.  He should stop coming around and talking to her everytime he sees her if he really wants her to forget him.  And again, shouldn't that be her decision?  Dun dun dun dun--the prosecutor figured it all out except the connection between LSY and Father.  

You know, the actor who plays LYS's father is really a good actor.  I was reading the comments in dramabeans and there are so many who hate the father.  I interpret that he did an excellent job--especially with those scary eyes.  Other comments that I find interesting are those who became LMH fans via CH who didn't think he was that good in BOF--to be discussed at the end of the rewatch.  The best comment however from someone named corn tea who wrote "Man, something about pink and flowery patterns, they seem to find LMH in every drama he is in..." lol (I'm sure the pattern is broken in Faith although there is a scene with a flower in his hair).  Ok, another funny comment is counting the times we see LMH's dimples in different episodes.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I'm thinking that LMH should accept a drama on cable.  I don't believe cable has the same time constraints as the network stations so important scenes such as the ones edited from LBS would be included.  Also, I don't think he would feel the ratings pressure quite as much.  Thoughts?

Yes, it's strange that even the rating of dramas on cable were much higher nowadays. And the dramas I'm watching are all on cables (TVN/JTBC/OCN).  :P  

Our bb never forgot to smooth his hair on the temples.   :lol:

DhkCAIEVMAEE5t3.jpg:large

cr Logo

Spoiler

The link of City Hunter Ep.16 of the "amazing blog" :

http://blog.roodo.com/weichun_926/archives/16096787.html

His sad eyes :   :bawling:

1121239_8eecj39_l.jpg?172142

1121345_tfgpuhq_l.jpg?172126

1121349_th1w6lp_l.jpg?172126

1121419_9lqhwn8_l.jpg?172216

• Like 4

On 7/8/2018 at 9:45 AM, CallieP said:

How come I do not see LMH promoting the Korean military overseas since he is the most popular Korean actor overseas, probably even more popular overseas than in Korea. :o

Hi CallieP, I guess they chose more from the inside, meaning those who are active-duty-soldier. :P

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20180709 on duty :

Reveal hidden contents

e3baa62cgy1ft3def2u7kj20v914y1kx.jpg

005tygfagy1ft3d3j9ncrj30u01dnqv5.jpg

005tygfagy1ft3d3g6eefj30sv19ae81.jpg

cr Logo

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures. :P

4 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Yes, it's strange that even the rating of dramas on cable were much higher nowadays. And the dramas I'm watching are all on cables (TVN/JTBC/OCN).  :P  

Our bb never forgot to smooth his hair on the temples.   :lol:

cr Logo

Reveal hidden contents

The link of City Hunter Ep.16 of the "amazing blog" :

http://blog.roodo.com/weichun_926/archives/16096787.html

His sad eyes :   :bawling:

1121239_8eecj39_l.jpg?172142

1121345_tfgpuhq_l.jpg?172126

1121349_th1w6lp_l.jpg?172126

1121419_9lqhwn8_l.jpg?172216

gtLmh, I noticed that, too from him from time to time - I guess that become his habit, huh? :P

• Like 2

Koreans Vote For The Most Handsome Male Stars

Koreans voted for the stars that they think are the most handsome.

The July 6 episode of KBS’s “Entertainment Weekly” revealed the results of an annual online survey from the KBS Broadcast Research Institute. The survey took place from May 17 to 21 for a total of five days, and 1,034 men and women over 19 years old from all over the country named which celebrities (including athletes) they thought were the most handsome, with a total of 1,013 stars listed.

Jang Dong Gun took first place, showing an especially high number of votes from people in their 40s to 60s. Second place went to Kang Dong Won, who notably had the highest number of female votes. Third place went to Won Bin, while fourth place went to Jung Woo Sung, and Park Bo Gum took fifth place.

Check out the Top 30 below!

1. Jang Dong Gun
  2. Kang Dong Won
  3. Won Bin
  4. Jung Woo Sung
  5. Park Bo Gum
  6. Daniel Henney
  7. Kang Shin Sung Il
  8. Jo In Sung
  9. Song Joong Ki
  10. Gong Yoo
  11. Hyun Bin
  12. Namgoong Won
  13. Go Soo
  14. So Ji Sub
  15. Bae Yong Joon
  16. Ahn Jung Hwan
  17. Kim Soo Hyun
  18. Ahn Sung Ki
  19. Choi Bool Am
  20. Cha In Pyo
  21. Song Seung Heon
  22. Park Chan Ho
  23. Lee Byung Hun
  24. Ji Chang Wook
  25. Ki Sung Yueng
  26. Kwon Sang Woo
  27. Lee Min Ho
  28. Kang Suk Woo
  29. Choi Soo Jong
  30. Park Seo Joon

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

20180709 Suseo Welfare Center FB updated.

Google translation : On May 4th, Lee Min Ho's fan club donated 3,700,000 won to the welfare center path restaurant. Thank you for helping the seniors in the welfare center to provide better and more delicious meals.

36851134_641954949509126_898569787536310

• Like 5

20180707 Korean news.

http://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=103&oid=469&aid=0000312574

The  2017 Hallyu White Paper.  Lee Min Ho kept his 2nd place that overseas fans most want to meet. (Translation by Naver.) 
He has already been on 1st or 2nd place for several years despite of having drama or not.

0000312574_001_20180707110347676.jpg?typ

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Custom made transportation card in Korea. 

Reveal hidden contents

7001b0cfgy1ft08gg8q0bj22c03401ky.jpg

7001b0cfgy1ft08fn8lzrj22c03407wi.jpg

7001b0cfgy1ft08goypx0j23402c0b29.jpg

cr as tagged

gtLmh, thanks for sharing the pictures.   The T-money card is a rechargeable smart card that can be used to pay public transit fares around Korea (bus, underground/metro, taxi) as well as purchases in designated areas. Users can also build mileage points that can be used to pay fares later on. The card can be purchased in nearly all convenience stores and subway ticket booths. T-Money is a prepaid transit card, meaning you “recharge” your card before use. (English instructions are on each machine). There is no special registration. :P

1 hour ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20180709 Suseo Welfare Center FB updated.

Google translation : On May 4th, Lee Min Ho's fan club donated 3,700,000 won to the welfare center path restaurant. Thank you for helping the seniors in the welfare center to provide better and more delicious meals.

gtLmh, thanks for sharing this. Good deed once again from his fans. NICE. :P

• Like 3

Lee Min-ho, hottest hallyu stars

DhuSPM5VAAAzeAE.jpg

According to the Korea Foundation for International Culture Exchange, or KOFICE, actor Lee Min-ho, who was propelled to stardom thanks to dramas including "Boys over Flowers" and "The Heirs," was ranked second.

Lee Min-ho is popular in the Middle East.

(skipped unrelated)

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2018/07/398_251988.html

• Like 4

13 hours ago, syntyche said:

Lee Min-ho, hottest hallyu stars

According to the Korea Foundation for International Culture Exchange, or KOFICE, actor Lee Min-ho, who was propelled to stardom thanks to dramas including "Boys over Flowers" and "The Heirs," was ranked second.

Lee Min-ho is popular in the Middle East.

(skipped unrelated)

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2018/07/398_251988.html

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. These dramas didn't disappoint. They were so popular.  LMH is just perfect for his roles here.  Simply mind-blowing. For me, it is a drama beautiful beyond words. :P

• Like 2