Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

@Wisd No surprise that LMH is being marketed as Action Star because GB IS an action film.  It's also a strategy to draw the male audience who won't likely watch a LMH rom-com unless forced to do so.  But yeah---I also believe that his action skills/ talent  clearly set him apart from his peers.  But didn't he say that he wants to be a book that's read many times? So even if action genre is a strong suit for him, it's not like him to repeat himself so soon after GB.  
Love this fan art.  Same eyes, different emotions, different characterizations.   :x :x B_bPZguVAAElCzd.jpg:large

pixie0622 said: @Wisd No surprise that LMH is being marketed as Action Star because GB IS an action film.  It's also a strategy to draw the male audience who won't likely watch a LMH rom-com unless forced to do so.  But yeah---I also believe that his action skills/ talent  clearly set him apart from his peers.  But didn't he say that he wants to be a book that's read many times? So even if action genre is a strong suit for him, it's not like him to repeat himself so soon aft

CallieP said: @sunshinemino, I believe LMH means exactly that " I sleep lying on my stomach" Sleeping on his stomach. It is very common esp. in the US. Many mothers let their babies sleep on their stomachs but recently, it has been found that it is bad for your back and one reason for SIDS ( sudden infant deaths syndrome)

Guest minomi11.1987_dd12

Hallo everyone :)

No update from Minho today, but found this beautiful collection of Scorpion_Mino :x

B_fYB59VAAMtFYO.jpg
cr. Logo

A few GB reviews from the Philippines. Here are some excerpts. There might be spoilers, so skip if you don't want them:
==

This one praises Minho's acting skill:

Lee Min Ho proves acting mettle in ‘Gangnam Blues’

While we know that the actor has been featured in several series including Boys Over Flowers,  Lee  shows he is no mere matinee idol but a serious actor as well. In several scenes, we were surprised to see him showing deep emotions, particularly at that point when he found out the the gang leader Kang had finally owned him as his own son. Torn between his filial affection for Yong-gi and paternal loyalty to Kang, Jong-dae (Lee) is hard put to make a decision on how to deal with his adoptive brother. It is that kind of emotion that not many actors can illustrate properly on screen, but Lee maintained an acting range that is both admirable and communicative without going over the top.

His finale scene is something difficult to ignore. Oh no, I don’t want to spoil your excitement. Go watch the film at SM Megamall and other SM Cinemas nationwide that have been designated to show Tagalized Asian films, like SM Sta. Mesa, SM Fairview, SM Manila and SM North EDSA. The film is also showing at Walter Mart Cinemas.

Read more: http://manilastandardtoday.com/2015/03/07/lee-min-ho-proves-acting-mettle-in-gangnam-blues-/

==

‘Gangnam Blues’ Review: Brothers at odd

''Gangnam Blues' is hefty entertainment,' writes movie reviewer Oggs Cruz
Lee, who gained popularity for playing a lovestruck student in Boys Over Flowers, inhabits the role of frequently brooding Jong-dae with surprising consistency. Although he appears to be a little bit too easy on the eyes to be believable as a hardened gangster, his unsuspecting appearance is in good contrast to Kim’s Yong-gi, who appears to be the more devious and calculating of the brothers.

Read more: http://www.rappler.com/entertainment/movies/85966-gangnam-blues-review-lee-min-ho
==

This reviewer seems the like Minho's acting, but not like the way Yoo Ha "preached" through the movie

Tough lessons to learn

Lee’s stellar presence is hard to ignore, but his brooding performance is weighed down by the film’s “preachifying” convolutions that teach tough lessons and turgidly proselytize about the indispensability of friendship and family.
Read more: http://entertainment.inquirer.net/164944/tough-lessons-to-learn
==

minomi11.1987_dd12 said: I love Anita Yeun, she expressed minoz admiration for Minho to the fullest :))
So, are you that good on translating Hangul or Chinese right now @adamfever? so please contribute in translating more longer articles or videos of Minho in the future, or maybe we can count on you to help zinnia for translating his interview from now on? :))

I also love this pic of him, probably taken from his stage performance in new year's eve program (judging from his suit) :)

adamfever said: As there's no update from Minho, can I rant?
hmm I don't quite like his hair lately. To be more exact, I don't like the way his hair is parted near the middle like that. I find it makes him look old fashioned. From a far, it creates an unflattering frame to his face, with it, he doesn't give me that WOW look like he used to. Of course , for a close-up look, I can go past that hair,  but...  So I really hope he changes his hair style very soon.
[-(