Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Since TKEM has ended, I’m finally open to discuss who I want him to pair up with next. 

This list is in no particular order. 

1) IU - I thought she was amazing in HDL.

2) MCW - always been fond of her in Nice Guy. I prefer her in melo genre. Not as much in comedy. 
3) GHJ - she’s a classic rom-com queen.

4) JJH - I definitely don’t mind them collaborating again. But this time, I don’t want a rom-com. They’re both great at action so I would like a thriller. 
5) KTR - I liked her in Mr. Sunshine. 

6) PBY - I think they’ll be cute and she’s a good actress. 

Reveal hidden contents

Actresses I don’t anticipate: 

1) SHK - love her BUT I think with the whole ssc shippers, lmh will receive a lot of hate

2) HHJ - sorry, she just didn’t do it for me in W. Her acting was lacking. I might have to watch more of her.

What about writers? Which writers would you like lmh to work with? I don’t have any but I have a list of writers I don’t want him to work with lol. 

1) Writer Kim 

2) Writer Park Ji Eun

Hahahahaha, I’m laughing because I named the writer of his most recent and previous drama. 

Thank you for opening up this discussion! :)

- PSH  (in a movie, I love them to have a reunion again in a mature romantic movie)

- KJW (the heirs) 

Can we make a poll?? :) so everyone can vote and we see which three actresses make the top three? :D 

If I were to choose only one, I would go with PBY. Second choice would be IU. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Hahahahaha I’m laughing so hard at your comment :lol:. It’s kind of true. Ok, I go back and forth on his character but in the end, I feel like pity becomes draggy when you’re constantly feeling horrible for yourself. KSJ was that character for me. He’s always bitter and stubborn, and uncooperative at times. I liked him the most when he was having a conversation with LG by the pond. I really felt their tough brother love in that moment. 

1) A letter? Something that comes from the heart and not materialistic. Because he’s way richer than me and doesn’t need anything that money can buy lol.

2) I want to rewrite a lot of his drama endings lol. But what’s in the past is in the past. I might offer an ending for the most recent work because it’s fresh. I’ll think about it and see if I write it out because it might be long lol. 

———————————————

Am I hearing @gtLmh0622 is from Korea? 

First, I'm from Taiwan, not Korea. But I visited Korea to see Minho when he was doing his social service.

And @CallieP , actually I don't know why he always wore the mask at his social service times. But when he was in the center, should not wear it. Have not read any story from his colleagues or seniors, maybe it's his private life or like @willenette said, the military life should not be opened even he was just a social worker. 

About KSJ, when this character was released at first time, I thought it was the 2nd male lead character.

Spoiler

But maybe KKN is not as famous as WDH, KSJ became 3rd male lead character and JY became 2nd lead (at least in China). It's more unbearable to see 3rd male lead had so many screen times. But even it's a 2nd male lead character, it's still too many times about his stories that only told us he's from KOC and he didn't kill LG finally.

C-Minoz made LMH cut of every episode, only around 20 minutes in every 72 minutes episode before ep. 13 or 14.  :crazy:

• Like 12
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, CallieP said:

@CarolynH @Lmangla

Lmangla, were you the one who set up the last poll. Saw the post from @syntychefrom Tim Llewlyn about a possible Season2. Could you set up a poll on TKEM site on who would want a second season of TKEM that includes KGE and LMH?  Not sure about WDH because he will be doing MS.

if you could let me know the exact content, then can set up another poll. tagging @vangsweetie637 who did the content for the previous polls.

• Like 3

All The Memorable Lines Defining The Best Moments In “The King Eternal Monarch”

0327%EB%8D%94%ED%82%B9%EC%98%81%EC%9B%90

Concluding to a euphoric finale, The King: Eternal Monarch spurred an imaginative story draped with lingering romantic notes and addictive labyrinthine plot bends!

Marking its last chapter on June 12, the drama rippled impressive online presence topping numerous social media platform and news portal search indices. Tying all the loose ends, the series catapulted a superb wrap-up befitting of its highly-visionary premise.

%EB%8D%94%ED%82%B9%EC%98%81%EC%9B%90%EC%

Today, we look back on the definitive moments of the series through some of the most memorable lines from Lee Gon, Jung Tae Eul, Woo Do Hwan and the rest of the remarkable characters from The King: Eternal Monarch.

Lee Lim’s Greed

“I’ve waited all my life for this very moment. I hid my desires, gathered people to assist me, endured your foolish father and mine, and quietly waited for this day my entire life. So how dare you. How dare a little kid like you. You useless and powerless punk. How dare you mess this up?”

Spinning the thread of problems to be tackled by Lee Gon erupted in the night when he stopped his evil uncle in staging a coup. Greedy for power, Lee Lim kills his brother and almost did the same to his nephew. Brimming with grief, he declares his pompous attitude while strangling young Lee Gon to death.

Spoiler

Unbreakable Sword Jo Yeong

“You should stop crying too. Here (gives a sword). From now on, you’re the Unbreakable Sword.”

Witnessing his father’s death, young Lee Gon ascends to the throne. His first duty is to take care of the funeral rites of his father. After summoning strength, he eventually knelt and cried after putting up a brave front. He then meets his future best friend, Jo Yeong, who shared tears with him.

unbreakable-sword-the-king-eternal-monar

Lee Gon’s Enamoring Love Pitches to Tae Eul

First meeting in Gwanghwamun Square…

“I’ve finally met you Lieutenant Jung Tae Eul.”

After selling diamonds, in front of 63 Building…

“Don’t go, it took 25 years for me to see you. I hope today will be a long day.”

Responding to why he has not leave the Republic yet after being cleared by the police…

“I have decided it initially, but I postponed it for later. I like being here with you like this.”

The-King-Eternal-Monarch-1.jpg

First chimaek session with Tae Eul…

“If this food is poisoned and I’m dying here, what I’m saying now will be my last words. Thank you for everything. Because you existed somewhere, I was less lonely for the past 25 years.”

Going back to the Kingdom for the first time plus overthinking about Tae Eul’s idea of him…

“I am still single. It means I don’t have an immediate family. Therefore, I have just made a very important decision. I am going to give you the position where you have to know who I am. Lieutenant Jung Tae Eul, I take you to be my wife, the Queen. You just became the reason. The reason why I should stay in this world.

Time stops for the first time scene…

“Time stopped for a bit just now. Thanks to it, I saw a beautiful scene.”

The King of Corea…

“Come with me to my world”

“I’m the King of the Kingdom of Corea. And my name which you cannot say is Lee Gon.”

“She really believes it now. That I am the King.”

FB_IMG_1588323541686.jpg

Responding to Tae Eul’s question if he dated before + First Kiss

(After planting a swift kiss) “Try guessing what I just proved. The fact that I have dated before or that I’m dating right now.”

Love declaration scene…

“I just realized I haven’t given you any flowers. Also, I just realized I haven’t told you this. I love you. I am deeply in love with you.”

While time-traveling…

“Whenever I’m with you, I forget to count.”

“Tell me to go. Tell me to leave. Please. I’m asking someone’s permission for the first time in my life. If you stop me, I can’t leave.”

“I’ll open all the doors in the universe. And I promise. I will return to you.”

04-1.jpg

Lee Gon, King of Kingdom of Corea

The orphan King…

“I was raised with my uncle’s worries and Court Lady Noh’s tears. And that’s the reason why Head Court Lady Noh is not nice to you. Don’t be upset about it.”

The decisive monarch…

“We won’t sit back and watch. Not even by one centimeter and one millimeter can Japan enter our territorial waters.”

The King’s dangerous love…

“Head Court Lady Noh is wrong. Jung Tae Eul is not a danger to me. I am a danger to Jung Tae Eul.”

eternal-monarch4.jpg

Jung Tae Eul’s Realistic Life Lessons

Mixing drinks for the clueless King…

“Don’t you know MSD? That’s the joy of life. Making, Shaking, Drinking. (Hands the drink to Lee Gon) The King One Shot.”

The liberal arts person Jung Tae Eul…

“Stop making things up! You should know this. If I give you a punch, then that becomes a bruise. We come up with ideas and the science guys make them a reality.”

Brave Jung Tae Eul…

“When I was little, I watched The Police with my dad while other girls watched Snow White and The Little Mermaid. I was only eight years old, but I can pick out the criminal in the show. As I kept watching the show, I wanted to be a cop. Not everyone in the world can be brave. So, I decided to become brave.”

0423%EB%8D%94%ED%82%B9%EC%98%81%EC%9B%90

Tae Eul in Coreawonderland imposing on Lee Gon to taste her food first…

“I’m Alice in Wonderland right now. She eats weird pills and grows bigger and smaller and stuff. What if I eat this and die from poisoning or natural causes?”

On understanding her love fate…

“It took me a long time to realize this. When it’s fate there are no coincidences. Your fate is determined by the choices you make, but there are times when your fate chooses you.”

“Things that are bound to happen are taking place even at this moment. I was struck with a sad premonition that this will be short-lived. But I decided to love my fate that chose me.”

“Let’s just not save the world. Let’s just think about the present.”

Setting up Jung Tae Eul and Lee Gon’s Love Rules

Tae Eul’s Love Rules…

1. Stay quiet
  2. Don’t draw people’s attention
  3. Don’t tell anyone you’re a King
  4. Keep Jo Yeong out of trouble
  5. Don’t use guns
  6. Contact me whenever you go somewhere
  7. No cheesy comments when I am hungry.
  8. Don’t ask me to come with you.
  9. Don’t get scared in advance.
  10. Tell me you’ll come back.
  11. No matter what happens you have to come back.
  12. Catch Lee Lim and even if the door closes, open all the doors in the universe and return to me. Promise me.

Lee Gon’s Love Rules…

“Do just two things for me. Don’t tell me not to come. And don’t tell me not to leave. I have to go back sometimes, and when I do, I want to come back soon. Whichever it is, if you tell me not to come or leave, I don’t think I’ll be able to do anything.”

0606%EB%8D%94%ED%82%B9%EC%98%81%EC%9B%90

Jo Yeong – Lee Gon & Eun Sup’s Besties

Encountering his counterpart in the Republic, Jo Yeong is baffled on the disparity of his personality with Jo Eun Sup. Often on a cute banter, he means well for him as displayed in their endearing goodbye scene.

“How can someone have 63 dreams? Are you making deposit accounts or what?”

Entering the Republic for the first time…

“What is this place and how long have you been going here? We don’t have a life here.”

The fated brotherhood…

“The King was eight and I was four. I saw him on his coronation day. That’s when I thought that I wanted him to be happy. I think it was fate.”

Prince Buyeong’s last lesson for Lee Gon

Bearing the weight of the blossoming love and the problems looming between the two parallel worlds, Lee Gon struggles on which path to take. His uncle comes to his rescue in leaving some thought-provoking words for him.

“You can never know what will happen in life. But if there is a place you want to reach, even if your life may be at risk, that is fate. The footsteps you take by risking your whole life is what’s fate.”

Luna’s Redeeming moment

“You just hurt my feelings. I may use people’s weaknesses but I never poke other’s wounds.”

“I don’t want your dad to feel sad.”

Sin Jae’s Unrequited Love

“I’m not letting you go. I wanted to keep this secret to the grave, but I have no choice but to tell you the truth. I have feelings for you Jung Tae Eul. I’ve had feelings for you and you alone my whole life. For every second until now, I’ve liked you. So how can I let you go? How can I just let you die? Don’t be ridiculous and go home.”

Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul’s parallel-worlds defying love

“What took you so long? I kept waiting for you. I keep waiting for you every day.”

“I love you. I am deeply in love with you.”

“No matter what kind of a door opens before us in life. And even if the moments we share make us sad at times. I wish to be able to love tirelessly. Just like that, we decided to love the fate that chose us.”

theking10-768x432.jpeg

Photos: Netflix | SBS

Article source : Hellokpop

https://www.hellokpop.com/featured/the-king-eternal-monarch-memorable-lines/

• Like 9

11 hours ago, htk9207 said:

Hi to everyone. I think this is my first post here, most of the time I was lurking in the TKEM thread.

If given the choice, I would like to see him with either KTR or PBY.  KTR impressed me in Mr. Sunshine, while I could never forget PBY's strong screen presence in Werewolf Boy. 

There is one actress which wasn't included in the list whom I thought would like to see him work with. Lee Se- Young from the Crowned Clown.

how about

1. Kang so ra

2. lee sung kyung 

3. Go ara

4. Shin min a 

5. Seo Hyun Jin 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 4evrkdrama said:

how about

1. Kang so ra

2. lee sung kyung 

3. Go ara

4. Shin min a 

5. Seo Hyun Jin 

In case he will act in a melodrama again:

1). Kang So Ra

2). Han So Hee (The World of the Married)

3). Song Hye Kyo

4). Kwon Na Ra 

5). Kim Sa Rang

6). Shin Min A 

Honestly, I want to see him in unusual role. For example, in OCN drama with Bae Doo Na or Jeon Do Yeon))

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Welcome @gwin, @htk9207 and @4evrkdrama to the LMH thread!

Thank you for the welcome!  I am not sure I will drop by often, as I feel sad we won't see him weekly anymore :(

Anyway, re the question of who he should be paired up with next, I want him to act with IU.   Wishful thinking, but I hope it happens.

Given the heaviness of TKEM, I would like him to take on a more lighthearted role next time.   Hopefully something on Netflix again so we international fans can watch as it airs.  And can he possibly do a cable show next?  Pretty please?

• Like 8
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

how about

1. Kang so ra

2. lee sung kyung 

3. Go ara

4. Shin min a 

5. Seo Hyun Jin 

1. is she a good actress?  I searched her name to see how she looks like :lol: she can be a good match for LMH visual wise. 

2- I love Lee Sung Kyun! She is a good actress. I watched Weight lift fairy and she was so cute. I think she can have good chemistry with her partners

Spoiler

3- not sure, her acting isn't really impressive 

4- Shin min a is good too

5- hmm, not sure

How about Gong Hye Jin?? I think it was already mentioned in the previous post. She is so talented and has had great chemistry with every lead actor she played with. She is just so good!!! Many years ago GHJ was asked in an interview who she wanted to pair with and he chose LMH. :lol: I think she also said something about LMH being handsome?The article was published by dramafever and I cannot find it. 

@leeminhosny miss you! You haven't posted recently. Come back soon! :) 

So LMH, WDH, JIW, and Kim Bum are all friends now?no wonder WDH left many comments under LMH's posts. I know actors do that when drama is being aired. But Kang shin jae never left any comment for LMH. :lol:WDH and LMH were so friendly and close behind the scene. I think their friendship will last. WDH even made friends with LMH's two best friends. They may have group chat too. :)

• Like 10

@CarolynH am a fan of you ( I admire you a lot seeing you as a fan of LMH for more than 13 years .... ) 

This man showed me the gateway to kdrama world in 2012 through his character GJP. And from then onwards I had fallen for him .

Thanks alot for inviting us ! 
@Nikaa94 I personally love kang so ra, she is a good actress

I agree Go ara’s acting isnt very impressive 

but I really wish if he could act with shin mina ! She is an awesome actress like KGE !

@alma4ka2 me too wish he would chose a total 180 degree different character in his next project.(unusual role) 
haters think he is overrated, But this man has seriously got all potential in him and i hope he will get a role that could make his “inner pearl” shine more brighter ! 
@Heretorant I agree with you abt HHJ ..she might bring out awesome chemistry but there is something she cant pull off in her acting ! 

But I seriously love the W/nine writer song jae jung (when it comes to thriller).And Pinocchio writer park hye reon (she brings out prblms in society and make us think more about our approach towards society) 

I need lmh to collaborate with them so badly ! 

Many of the minoz may consider me crazy but I prefer him to act in kdramas than in kmovies coz I can watch and swoon over him more hrs ( way too greedy ) ! 948632110bf48ed27332577ca18909da.gif

• Like 8
  • Love 3

24 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

@CarolynH am a fan of you ( I admire you a lot seeing you as a fan of LMH for more than 13 years .... ) 

This man showed me the gateway to kdrama world in 2012 through his character GJP. And from then onwards I had fallen for him .

Thanks alot for inviting us ! 
@Nikaa94 I personally love kang so ra, she is a good actress

I agree Go ara’s acting isnt very impressive 

but I really wish if he could act with shin mina ! She is an awesome actress like KGE !

@alma4ka2 me too wish he would chose a total 180 degree different character in his next project.(unusual role) 
haters think he is overrated, But this man has seriously got all potential in him and i hope he will get a role that could make his “inner pearl” shine more brighter ! 

I just watched GuerrillaDate with Kang Sora on Youtube and I like her!! :)  Count me in! I think her and LMH can be so cute together.:love: Powerful Visuals!!! I think she is also successful in movie industry.  Do you know how popular she is in SK? like is she as popular as LMH or PSH or IU? 

I have mentioned this before, but I like Kim Ji Woon too. Her chemistry with her co-stars is so good. I loved her in FMW. She was really adorable!! 

I watched Shin Mina in drama 'my girlfriend gumiho' and she was so adorable there. 

Can someone please start a poll for LMH's next female co-star? I miss LMH now he is drama is over. Every week, I waited for stills, articles, osts, discussion in forums, and so on. It is over now. :tears:

• Like 9

I have so much to catch up lol!! but i want to chiming in on LMH next Project Discussion.

FL

1. Kim Tae Ri - For some reason i want LMh to be pair again with another Chungmuro Darling. Plus, call me Gutter mind, but i want him to be pair with someone who is not shy at love/romantic scene. Plus KTR would be the right pair for more serious romance or if its maybe thriller movie, she would be a great fit. 

2. IU - i have never seen her in anything but looks like she is well loved in SK, and i like her visual. 

3. Kwon Na Ra - I'm not sure with her acting capability is, but i love her on IC. and honestly i was rooting for her with PSJ ( NO offense to Kim Da MI acting). She had more chemistry with him. and i like her visual and she had done one of the Eider CF with LMH.

4. Seo Ye-Ji - I almost don't want to mention her because she is being paired with KSH for upcoming drama next week. But i think she is pretty. not sure about the acting, but i feel like they can be visually match.

5. Gong Hyo Jin - Cause i love her in It's ok that's love.

Writer

1. Kim Eun hee - She wrote signal, kingdom and the upcoming mount Jiri. While i want to be swoon by LMH's charm, i want him to branch out from the typical romance, and I think Kim Eun Here is a good writer for a non romance heavy story.

2. Song Ji-Na. I found out that she also the writer for "Faith" and "Sandglass", but i picked her because she is the writer for Healer, which was a solid story. I love City Hunter, but i feel like Story wise Healer was a bit more strongly written.

3. Hong Sisters?

Male Co star.

I believe to improve our craft we need to work with those who can challenge us. so i also have a male Co star in Mind.

1. Yoo Ah In. his social media presence is a bit "pot Stirring" but IMO, he is an amazing Chungmuro actor. I wouldn't mind LMH being cast with him in a movie project.

2. Lee Byung Hun. he is not necessarily my favorite actor and i know he has scandals etc. But since LMH mentioned he is one of the actor he respects, it would be nice for him to work with Veteran actor like him. Will challenge him and he can learn so much.

3. Won Bin. Just because heheh.... it will be a top project to be in something for Won Bin comeback

4. Whoever actors LMH dreams to work with hehehe..

PD.

1. Lee Eung Bok - Because we got cheated with TKEM.

2. Kim Won Suk - He is notable for directing Signal and Arthdal Chronicle.

3. Bong Joon Ho - Parasite PD. I know, i know, it's cliche. And I'm sure his next project won't be oscar winning. But....i like his movie (Parasite and Snowpiercer), but i'm not sure if LMH up for it. His style is very Wes Anderson meet Quentine tarantino. And I don't know if he would cast a hallyu star. But, hey we are just dreaming right?

Since we are Dreaming. Here is my delulu "LMH next project"

PD Bong Joon Ho, LMH and Kim tae Ri. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, scrawford said:

2. IU - i have never seen her in anything but looks like she is well loved in SK, and i like her visual. 

I urge you to watch her in Hotel Del Luna. Her acting is impressive. And that’s coming from someone who started HDL with doubts because IU is an idol and I didn’t like her character in Producers. She changed my mind completely! I’d say HDL is worth the watch for her character alone. She’s one of the best female leads in my opinion, strong and iconic! 

4. Seo Ye-Ji - I almost don't want to mention her because she is being paired with KSH for upcoming drama next week. But i think she is pretty. not sure about the acting, but i feel like they can be visually match.

I have to watch her before I can judge. I’ll most likely tune in for her new drama. But she has a lot to live up to? Because her character is giving me major IU in HDL vibes. And as said above, IU was impressive! 

5. Gong Hyo Jin - Cause i love her in It's ok that's love.

One of my most anticipated pairing. BUT if they are paired together, we can expect most likely the genre will be rom-com because GHJ is the rom-com Queen. Even though I named her, I’m not sure if I want lmh to do rom-com next lol. 

1. Kim Eun hee - She wrote signal, kingdom and the upcoming mount Jiri. While i want to be swoon by LMH's charm, i want him to branch out from the typical romance, and I think Kim Eun Here is a good writer for a non romance heavy story.

Is it too much to wish that Ju Ji Hoon would decline Mount Jiri and lmh would be offered? That would mean a second collaboration with JJH. I’m up for it because this time, it’ll be different, it won’t be romantic comedy. I’m asking for too much huh? 

If I keep wishing, it might come true. :lol: That’ll check two boxes for you: Director Lee Eun Bok and Writer Kim Eun Hee. For me, 3 boxes including JJH in genre that’s not rom-com. :D

Though I’ll admit, I hated season 2 of Kingdom! That whole explanation of the stupid resurrection plant was just complete bs. But in general, my wish is formed with the thought that Mount Jiri will be good lol. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I urge you to watch her in Hotel Del Luna. Her acting is impressive. And that’s coming from someone who started HDL with doubts because IU is an idol and I didn’t like her character in Producers. She changed my mind completely! I’d say HDL is worth the watch for her character alone. She’s one of the best female leads in my opinion, strong and iconic! 

One of my most anticipated pairing. BUT if they are paired together, we can expect most likely the genre will be rom-com because GHJ is the rom-com Queen. Even though I named her, I’m not sure if I want lmh to do rom-com next lol. 

Is it too much to wish that Ju Ji Hoon would decline Mount Jiri and lmh would be offered? That would mean a second collaboration with JJH. I’m up for it because this time, it’ll be different, it won’t be romantic comedy. I’m asking for too much huh? 

If I keep wishing, it might come true. :lol: That’ll check two boxes for you: Director Lee Eun Bok and Writer Kim Eun Hee. For me, 3 boxes including JJH in genre that’s not rom-com. :D

Though I’ll admit, I hated season 2 of Kingdom! That whole explanation of the stupid resurrection plant was just complete bs. But in general, my wish a formed with the thought that Mount Jiri will be good lol. 

Ok, i will have that on my list to watch. still finishing The winter that wind blows and also rewatching TKEM. lol!

Maybe in 4-5 years after 2 movies and other hit drama, He can be paired with GHJ. and have a rom com or "slice of Life" type love story. Maybe about Upper 30's love? heheh...

Nope, it's not too much. Why do you always speak my mind?. I thought of it, but i brush it off, and then here you are writing it out, LOL! I thought of that when the project is being announced, Looking at the Possible FL, the writer and the director, it looks like a promising project. Rating aside, Kim Eun Hee writing is really solid (signal). I have only watch Kingdom season 1, it's good, but idk, i am not pulled to watch the second season. I spent years, watching the Walking dead, so i am bit weary of the zombie genre. Not sure about another collab with JJH, but if it's not heavy romance like LOTBS, i am game.

***********************************************************************************************

IDK why, but somehow i want LMH to go dark on his next project, not a good guy/perfect lover. More like flawed character that would have a good character arc? and have a complete 180 transformation, like Cut his hair shorter or Buzz cut (depending on the character. and while i don't like overly bulky guy, i want LMH to bulk up a bit. Like when he was on City Hunter and Heirs, but more define toned muscles and abs heheheh...I know that when he gained weight, his face gets rounder, but it wasn't the case with City Hunter or heirs, because he gained muscle. 

TKEM is a thank you project for his fans who had been waiting for his comeback. i love how LG is written and LMH did really good. While it can be the same formula like his other past character, as an actor he carried Lee Gon differently. LG has range of emotions and LMH did so well in portraying those range.

But, as a fan, i released him to do something absolutely different. Even doing Movies likes "Silenced". it was the kind of movie that challenge the SK social justice towards the Disability. 

I hope his global fans would be ok with him doing roles that are way different than the usual.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Hey guy hwz u all. I m recovered now. Will try to catch the last 5 or 6 episodes. Soon

I am happy for lmh with international success of drama. But now i want him to focus on movie land and get some movie  in his name. Even if he has to do second lead, i don't mind.. at age of 33 song kang ho, legendary movie actor actually started his career as top main lead. And lmh has aleady topped it for 12 years. At 33 he has already got a legendary career. When most people start having success.

I want him to get a mega successful project in korea . His international fanbase showed their power making king such a smash overseas. But in the end, i want his work to get more recognition in his own country. 

If he has to invest his own money, he can afford to. He is with big company  now. I hope they give him strong script. A thriller or full on action movie or drama which gets love by the korean gp. He deserves it. He gave it all for king but didn't get same recognition that he deserved in korea.

I just want him to do serious damage with his work in korea next time.

Lets support his choices and future work.

Personally i don't want him to work with idols like yoona suzy iu types.

I want him to work with good actresses like kim go eun or seniors.

Kim dami

Park bo young 

Han so hee. Well she match his visuals  and got talent.

Song hye kyo who is his ideal type and 2 hallyu stars need to work for lord sake.

Son ye jin again. Love them

Jun ji hyun. Well she is my bias lol

Kim tae ri

Park so dam. 

Moon chae won.

It is best he works with actually  acclaimed co stars. 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

lol, no I haven't been a fan that long.  I took over the thread last year.  I joined soompi around Aug 2014.  It was a great time, right after Heirs and so many CFs.  LBS was the first live LMH drama; I loved it.  Then came the dreaded, almost, 2 year MS.  Fortunately, we were able to keep the thread going by rewatching his dramas and movies. MOst recently, we just completed our Netflix watch party of The King.  I hope you stick around because we do have ideas to pass the time while we wait for LMH's next project.  See below.

@Nikaa94:  I think it may be against soompi rules to discuss anyone other than LMH, so a poll is probably not an option (especially because we need someone to set it up and it's visible).  We were not allowed to discuss his dramas in this thread because we referred to his costars, so I doubt we will be allowed a poll on prospective costars.  I'll check the rules, but I doubt it.  

Please vote for (or place in order) our next thing-to-keep-us-going-until-his-next-project.   .  We'll need a bit of time to coordinate so whatever wins; we will begin weekend in July 4-5.  Remember next weekend June 19-22 is the birthday party for LMH.

1. Watch the Good Day series (I think the English translation is complete through ep 18 of 24--@gtlmh0622- correct me if I'm wrong), Toyota series

2.  Quizzes about his past drama (example:  What is the name of GJP's father in BOF? Hints such as the episode where you can find the info will be provided if everyone is stumped)  I'll need volunteers for this @msdot is a Faith expert, so she can help with questions.  Maybe @CallieP for City Hunter?  I might be able to help on BOF and LBS.

3.  Favorites:  fave drama, OST, bromance, uniform etc.  We did this at the end of LBS; I thought it was fun to see everyone's answers.  

My vote is (1)quizzes, (2)favorites (3)then the Good Day series.

• Like 10
  • Love 4

25 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Hey guy hwz u all. I m recovered now. Will try to catch the last 5 or 6 episodes. Soon

I am happy for lmh with international success of drama. But now i want him to focus on movie land and get some movie  in his name. Even if he has to do second lead, i don't mind.. at age of 33 song kang ho, legendary movie actor actually started his career as top main lead. And lmh has aleady topped it for 12 years. At 33 he has already got a legendary career. When most people start having success.

I want him to get a mega successful project in korea . His international fanbase showed their power making king such a smash overseas. But in the end, i want his work to get more recognition in his own country. 

If he has to invest his own money, he can afford to. He is with big company  now. I hope they give him strong script. A thriller or full on action movie or drama which gets love by the korean gp. He deserves it. He gave it all for king but didn't get same recognition that he deserved in korea.

I totally agree with you!!! 

TKEM is a Hit Netflix original series and a global hit.  LMH is now the most followed Korean actor on IG. I think TKEM is his most globally successful drama (even more than BOF and Heirs). LMH worked so hard for 8 months. It is his projects after 4 years. I am a bit sad that TKEM didn't get as much recognition as they had expected in SK. That is why I want his next project, movie or drama, to become a huge blockbuster. No confusion in story line, editing or directing issues. He deserves the best directing, editing, and story line when he is putting all the effort. I love TKEM but I am still upset because of all the stuff that happened. I sometimes wonder how TKEM would have been directed differently and explained differently to the viewers if Lee Eung Bok had been the director. 

Some fans don't like the heirs, but I really liked it and I was so happy especially for LMH. Because the heirs and Kim Tan character became a huge hit in SK. LMH and his agency already know that he is tremendously popular overseas and he is a true hallyu wave star. But I am sure that LMH himself wants his dramas and projects to get more recognition first in SK. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3

@Deepakmahajan I was thinking about you the other day.  Glad you recovered!  

22 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

I am a bit sad that TKEM didn't get as much recognition as they had expected in SK. That is why I want his next project, movie or drama, to become a huge blockbuster. No confusion in story line, editing or directing issues. He deserves the best directing, editing, and story line when he is putting all the effort. I love TKEM but I am still upset because of all the stuff that happened. I sometimes wonder how TKEM would have been directed differently and explained differently to the viewers if Lee Eung Bok had been the director. 

Some fans don't like the heirs, but I really liked it and I was so happy especially for LMH. Because the heirs and Kim Tan character became a huge hit in SK. LMH and his agency already know that he is tremendously popular overseas and he is a true hallyu wave star. But I am sure that LMH himself wants his dramas and projects to get more recognition first in SK. 

Totally agree.  I hated hearing that TKEM was the most anticipated drama of the year.  It was like setting it up to be a failure.  You know it would never live up to the expectations.  And all the controversies:grimace:

I like LMH with the CH and LBS PD, Jin Hyuk.  Two of the most beautiful scenes came from those dramas, filmed beautifully, IMO.  

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Personally i don't want him to work with idols like yoona suzy iu types.

I want him to work with good actresses like kim go eun or seniors.

Kim dami

Park bo young 

Han so hee. Well she match his visuals  and got talent.

Song hye kyo who is his ideal type and 2 hallyu stars need to work for lord sake.

Son ye jin again. Love them

Jun ji hyun. Well she is my bias lol

Kim tae ri

Park so dam. 

Moon chae won.

It is best he works with actually  acclaimed co stars. 

-I kinda agree with you. to be honest, we all know that whenever idols get cast as male or female lead, they get a lot of criticism and hate even before the drama starts. I think IU was so good in HDL. But the view of general public to idols getting cast remain the same. This is why I don't know if I want idols such as IU or Yoona to be cast as LMH's co-stars. I actually think IU's acting is a lot more impressive than Yoona.  Her drama changed my opinion about her. The thing is, for LMH's next work, either movie or drama, we minoz  want no negativity before the project starts and after it is aired. That is why I mentioned in my previous posts that it is best to wait for good script with good director. Director Lee Eung Bok is on my top list for LMH's next drama. I will support LMH with all his projects. I also want the best for him. 

- I think PBY can be one of the best options for LMH's next movie or drama. She is definitely a talented actress and is also popular in SK. Her movies are usually hit and she gets cast in good projects. I hope K-netizens don't complain about height difference though. :lol:

- I like Son Yejin a lot too. Her acting is good and she is so pretty. But the problem is that now she and her co-star in her previous drama have such a strong image as a couple and gained fans supporting the OTP. If she and LMH get cast together, people start comparing again like they did with TKEM and Goblin. Comparing chemistry, ratings, story, and so on. If the drama becomes more successful, then it is okay. But if they lack some chemistry, they both get some hate. Fans just have this tendency to compare and contrast in these type of situations. But again, Son Ye jin is a very well established and trusted actress. She chooses her projects well. LMH is cautious too and chooses his projects with consideration. Thus, if they do pair up with a solid script and director, I am more than happy for this pair. :) 

1 hour ago, CarolynH said:

@Deepakmahajan I was thinking about you the other day.  Glad you recovered!  

Totally agree.  I hated hearing that TKEM was the most anticipated drama of the year.  It was like setting it up to be a failure.  You know it would never live up to the expectations.  And all the controversies:grimace:

I like LMH with the CH and LBS PD, Jin Hyuk.  Two of the most beautiful scenes came from those dramas, filmed beautifully, IMO.  

I agree that director Jin Hyuk is really amazing. Both CT and LBS were so beautifully directed. 

I think it was the first time LMH's drama get so much controversy. It is true that all dramas get some kind of hate and criticism. Some get more and some get less. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2