Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

I was hoping to re-watch City Hunter on Netflix but discovered that it was removed back in 2015. Same with Faith.

Can all of us here make a request to bring back these 2 shows again? https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest 

I'm sure if netflix receives enough interest, they might bring them back. With the interest and attention TKEM has gained, I'm sure new fans would want to check out his other works. 

• Like 10

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 1-7, 2020

source : dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-1-7-2020/

dramaratings_3.jpg

"The King" returned with two episodes, after leaving us with only one last week. The show made up some numbers, rising up to 8 percent again. Now, it hasn’t been in the double digits since its third week, but maybe next week’s finale will change that. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Friday, June 5      
The King: Eternal Monarch 14 SBS 6.7%
Saturday, June 6      
Once Again 41 KBS 23.7%
Once Again 42 KBS 28.5%
The King: Eternal Monarch 15 SBS 8.1%
Team Bulldog: Off-duty Investigation 5 OCN 2.3%
When My Love Blooms 13 tvN 4.1%
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Drama viewership ratings for the week of June 1-7, 2020

source : dramabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/06/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-june-1-7-2020/

dramaratings_3.jpg

"The King" returned with two episodes, after leaving us with only one last week. The show made up some numbers, rising up to 8 percent again. Now, it hasn’t been in the double digits since its third week, but maybe next week’s finale will change that. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Friday, June 5      
The King: Eternal Monarch 14 SBS 6.7%
Saturday, June 6      
Once Again 41 KBS 23.7%
Once Again 42 KBS 28.5%
The King: Eternal Monarch 15 SBS 8.1%
Team Bulldog: Off-duty Investigation 5 OCN 2.3%
When My Love Blooms 13 tvN 4.1%

A lot of my chingu friends in Seoul and Incheon are watching The King via Netflix , I think they really have to take into consideration Netflix.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, alovebof said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This is real or fanmade?

There's an official photo essay set that is being sold. Please see this link:

Style ID: All the designer outfits Lee Min Ho wore in ‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ so far—updated weekly

Regal and real

K-dramas have the ability to make us laugh, cry, love, hate, ache, and heal all at once, but aside from the captivating storylines (and the actors, of course), very often, their fashion choices will pique a lot of interest too. The latest drama that’s on everyone’s radar? The King: Eternal Monarch starring Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun. The fantasy-romance series tells the story of “a modern-day Korean emperor passes through a mysterious portal and into a parallel world, where he encounters a feisty police detective”.

While we may not be able to curb your curiousity towards the existence of an alternate universe, one thing we can help to answer, are the outfits that Lee Min Ho wore in the series. His character, Emperor Lee Gon of the Kingdom of Korea, is always dressed impeccably in looks that are fit for a king. We’ve previously ID-ed his watch, but if you’re curious to know the designer brands behind some of his looks, read on to find out.

Below, all the designer looks Lee Min Ho wore in The King: Eternal Monarch so far, according to the episodes:

Episode 1

1589351789131592.jpg

1589352594660479.jpg

Kim Seo Ryong SS19

full article:

https://www.buro247.my/fashion/mens/designer-looks-lee-min-ho-the-king-eternal-monarch.html

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@leeminhosny ~

Hide contents

am from Asia; watched kara para ask on netflix and really enjoyed the drama. loved the character that engin played. so he has been my DP for a while. :D

Spoiler

I think Turkish drama aren't popular in Asia :lol: so I think you are from Latin America 

• LOL 1

I love when lmh closed his eyes to try and recall the long list of names he had to deliver. So cute!

7 hours ago, Guine said:

A lot of my chingu friends in Seoul and Incheon are watching The King via Netflix , I think they really have to take into consideration Netflix.  

And at the same time, a lot of people are watching on wavve. Once Again is so popular on regular channel but TKEM has taken number 1 on Wavve 7 weeks straight! And Wavve reported TKEM’s viewership went up by 25% this past week. Wavve actually streams TKEM at the same time sbs does, and considering they’ve been number one on there since their airing, a lot of viewers must prefer to watch through Wavve. They probably do not have TV. Honestly, TVs are so far behind me that I don’t remember how exactly it works. I live in the US and I have a TV but my TV cannot stream regular channels. The sole purpose for having a TV for me is to install a bunch of apps to watch shows. I’m subscribed to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and HBO to watch shows and movies. Even free shows shown on regular channels, I watch through Netflix or Hulu. Clearly SBS must know a lot of TKEM’s viewership are watching through Wavve and they should be fine with it because they own a quarter of Wavve. We know TKEM has the most points on Good Data and lmh and kge too so while ratings are only mediocre on sbs, the show is overall quite popular in South Korea. 

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

And at the same time, a lot of people are watching on wavve. Once Again is so popular on regular channel but TKEM has taken number 1 on Wavve 7 weeks straight! And Wavve reported TKEM’s viewership went up by 25% this past week. Wavve actually streams TKEM at the same time sbs does, and considering they’ve been number one on there since their airing, a lot of viewers must prefer to watch through Wavve. They probably do not have TV. Honestly, TVs are so far behind me that I don’t remember how exactly it works. I live in the US and I have a TV but my TV cannot stream regular channels. The sole purpose for having a TV for me is to install a bunch of apps to watch shows. I’m subscribed to Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime and HBO to watch shows and movies. Even free shows shown on regular channels, I watch through Netflix or Hulu. Clearly SBS must know a lot of TKEM’s viewership are watching through Wavve and they should be fine with it because they own a quarter of Wavve. We know TKEM has the most points on Good Data and lmh and kge too so while ratings are only mediocre on sbs, the show is overall quite popular in South Korea. 

Phew, i just got done, writing the statistic of Naver ranking, Good data, and some other article claiming that TKEM is #1 on most searched Drama, and Explained that Wavve had 15 mil subs on MyDramalist, LOL. Cause apparently people thought wavve only had 1 mil. So i had to dig and find some article that support the amount of Wavve Subscriber. apparently Wavve is the merging of two streaming platform (Oksusu and Pooq) 30% of it's share owned by SK and each MBC, SBS and KBS owned 23.3%. LOL!!! the things i do to dig the truth.

Anyway, let say forget Netflix, it only has 2mil subs. OK, i can deal with that, but looking at the rest of the Public TV ratings, they look like Graveyard and only The King and Good Casting reach 8%. and lets not even focus on the king, Why in the world none of these matter for Korean news? why they still relies on TV ratings, where now we get Netflix and now Wavve with 15 million subs and counting!!!! Don't SBS, MBC and KBS wants to save their face, by explaining that majority of their viewer are tuning on wavve? why wavve is not put into consideration by the SK media news? I sounded like a broken record am I?. Both Goblin and Mr. sunshine were ladened with Controversies, but one thing saves them is their ratings, they got good ratings on cable channel.. Wavve Started in Fall 2019, and since then the only hits we got late last year and early this year were all cable channel Dramas. I could list some dramas name to prove my points, but lets just not. TKEM only have 1 episode left, let's just enjoyed LMH on our screen. I'm sure there are some deal Studio Dragon/KES, SBS and Netlfix settled with behind closed door, that none of us viewers know. They are not loosing money, LMH isn't loosing money, KGE, KKN, WDH are a not loosing money or popularity. It's just sucks, because if it only airs on Netflix, this will be considered a hit, or if it's performing 16-17% on TVN, would be considered  success. Just that one SBS TV ratings, is what people and media are fixated on. And the complexity of the story doesn't help, yes, it not for everybody consumption, but it doesn't mean it's a flop.

I wonder if the whole cast and KES will do another press cons, address all the controversies, tell us that you not loosing money and that The reason TKEM has low ratings on Public channel is because people watch it on streaming platform. 

Also, there is one Twitter article that said TKEM have 56% viewership on Wavve. so lets say Wavve has 15 mill and 50% of that is 7,5 mill people watching TKEM on wavve. I can't find the amount of viewers that represent 8.1% ratings, lol, otherwise i would combine those two.

Sigh... i got a headache just by typing this, i need a drink already lol!

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

39 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Also, there is one Twitter article that said TKEM have 56% viewership on Wavve. so lets say Wavve has 15 mill and 50% of that is 7,5 mill people watching TKEM on wavve. I can't find the amount of viewers that represent 8.1% ratings, lol, otherwise i would combine those two.

Chingu, you are the GOAT! 

8% is roughly 1.5-1.8 million people, I forgot exactly but when they used to update in the TKEM’s thread weeks ago, It showed the amount of viewers. That’s why I said in TKEM’s thread, in my head, they are performing at least 16% without us knowing lol. :lol:

But considering you said an article said half the viewers are watching and that’s 7.5 million people then that’s way higher than 16% lol. The thing to take into consideration, people subscribe to wavve for a reason —> to watch shows. So you wonder why on Wavve there could possibly be such a huge audience watching but not on regular channel? Because Wavve people are people who likes to watch shows. So yeah, it makes sense half the people on wavve are watching TKEM. And this translates into their good data points. How can a show that is supposedly rated “mediocre” be the most talked about and most buzz worthy show? They’re leading by a good margin! Once Again has good ratings but is nowhere near as popular at TKEM. In conclusion, they are gathering most of their viewers online. 

Another point, while TKEM is airing on all SBS and Wavve, they still remain one of the top shows on Netflix. For a few days now, they’ve been number 1 and today, number 2, just right behind Hospital Playlist. But hospital playlist is NOT on Wavve. So TKEM has managed to capture the viewers on both Netflix and Wavve. Add to that the 8% still ancient and watching on TV and their viewership is no joke! 

Let’s say Netflix and Wavve did not exist, how high would the ratings have gotten? Let’s remember, this is Writer Kim’s first project ever on SBS with Netflix and Wavve around. Previous dramas had the advantage of just being streamed on television. And even Mr. Sunshine is on TVN and Netflix only. The introduction of Wavve definitely decreased the chances of high ratings on regular channel because a lot of people who love watching shows are watching through Wavve. And we wondered why people who are interested enough are not watching live, it’s because they are watching it live on Wavve! Unfortunately, the ratings on Wavve does not get measured by Neilson. But the key takeaway is that roughly 1/3 of South Korea is on Wavve so the viewership on Wavve should be considered as well. If not for Wavve and all the people on wavve still had TV and watched through SBS, TKEM would be sitting at over 20% right now! The media should just shut up because the only one who truly knows that TKEM is doing well is SBS and Netflix. SBS is not losing out at all! They own Wavve and purposely put TKEM on there knowing that it would affect the ratings on regular channel. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Chingu, you are the GOAT! 

8% is roughly 1.5-1.8 million people, I forgot exactly but when they used to update in the TKEM’s thread weeks ago, It showed the amount of viewers. That’s why I said in TKEM’s thread, in my head, they are performing at least 16% without us knowing lol. :lol:

Goat or am I just wasting my time? lol!I aside from lurking, I have been really good by not engaging in any negative comments, but I had enough of the biased, heheh...

Exactly, Hopefully TKEM will change how they measure drama ratings.

it is what it is. And unfortunately the final episode will air on Friday, their low rating day. We are just viewers, and since there are no article that says nice things about the drama, it become popular to hate on it or be confused about it. However, studio dragon/Hwa&Dam pictures and KES, knows what we don’t know. And LMH won be short of projects.

@Heretorant I missed half of your message, so i'm going to edit this post

For a few days now, they’ve been number 1 and today, number 2, just right behind Hospital Playlist. 

- This ^ when people brought up that TKEIm is no.! on Netflix, another person would comeback by saying HP is #1. Netflis is like Naver, the ranking changes, and usually TKEM would be at top during the weekend it's airing and then go down slight and then back up again the weekend of it's airing. So then some people think, us who loves the show is delusional because TKEM is not no.1 like what fans claimed to be. 

Let’s say Netflix and Wavve did not exist, how high would the ratings have gotten?

I Would cross to parallel world, through Lightning and thunder to witness this. :)

And even Mr. Sunshine is on TVN and Netflix only. 

- And this was 2018, and Netflix Subscriber isn't nearly as much as it is now, and People paid to watch it on TVN, so they will tune in there.

Wavve definitely decreased the chances of high ratings on regular channel because a lot of people who love watching shows are watching through Wavve. And we wondered why people who are interested enough are not watching live, it’s because they are watching it live on Wavve! Unfortunately, the ratings on Wavve does not get measured by Neilson. But the key takeaway is that roughly 1/3 of South Korea is on Wavve so the viewership on Wavve should be considered as well.

- I'm curious to see how the Public channels Drama would do based on Nielsen ratings wise for this year, since 1/3 of SK population has wavve. I'm gonna start paying attention on KDrama ratings now. LOL! 

SBS is not losing out at all! They own Wavve and purposely put TKEM on there knowing that it would affect the ratings on regular channel. 

- No They aren't, that's why Im confused as to why their PR isn't debunking this. Or maybe only us International Viewers think it's loosing money because people in SK knows better? and we only got whatever the English speaking news wants to tell us. And a lot of people are saying the PPL is for SK viewers, well... south korean people are watching through wavve so the PPL still get the local exposure.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, willenette said:

scrawford,  oh.....is this site still up? I thought all along it's permanently down. The website has not been working for quite a while. I thought it was IP banned or something - LOL. IDK if it's as you said LMH-friendly or what but, it's such a great website and it's easy to keep track on your watched dramas. You can also keep track on which episode you're on or the dramas you want to watch in the future + that the database contains almost all the dramas. :blush:

yes it is. It does seems like a good place to keep track of your Drama watching history, however the comments regarding TKEM is veryyyyy heated. you either enjoy it or would get a headache lol!

Studio Dragon, second-quarter earnings forecast...The outlook is bright, so it's a target - Shinhan Financial Group Inc.

Shinhan Investment Corp. on Thursday raised its target stock price to 110,000 won from 100,000 won, saying that Studio Dragon is expected to meet market expectations in the second quarter. The investment opinion remained 'buy'.

Hong Se-jong, a researcher at Shinhan Investment Corp., said, "The second quarter is a time when sales of overseas copyrights are maximized thanks to 'The King: Eternal Monarch,'" adding, "Although sales of VOD were relatively sluggish, overall distribution sales are expected to increase 27.8 percent to 77.1 billion won." This is the biggest level since the third quarter of 2018."

https://www.etoday.co.kr/news/view/1904370

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1