Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

On 9/11/2019 at 8:40 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

What a perfect face !!!  :love:

Thank you gtLMH 0622 for posting those three photos-I think they are three of the most gorgeous pictures I have ever seen of him. 

I don’t know if any of you saw on Twitter the photo of him hugging the girl in the wheelchair (sorry I don’t know how - or even if- I am allowed to copy someone else’s photo) but it’s such a touching photo- he comes across as such a lovely genuine person.

On another subject entirely -  lots of time on twitter etc LMH’s fans are asking people to vote for him in one poll or another and to be fair to them they obviously put a lot of time and effort into voting for him- but you have all been fans a lot longer than me and I wondered what you all think?  Are some of these polls considered more important than others. An an example one going on at the moment is  for “Asia artist award”

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Thank you gtLMH 0622 for posting these. I think they are three of the most gorgeous pictures I have ever seen of him. 

I don’t know if any of you saw on Twitter the photo of him hugging the girl in the wheelchair (sorry I don’t know how - or even if- I am allowed to copy someone else’s photo) but it’s such a touching photo- he comes across as such a lovely genuine person.

On another subject entirely -  lots of time on twitter etc LMH’s fans are asking people to vote for him in one poll or another and to be fair to them they obviously put a lot of time and effort into voting for him- but you have all been fans a lot longer than me and I wondered what you all think?  Are some of these polls considered more important than others. An an example one going on at the moment is  for “Asia artist award”

You're welcome.

The girl in the wheelchair is a six-year fan from China, she fell over at Busan airport, other Minoz said it seemed to be a worst thing that she needed to sit in a wheelchair at this important time, but finally she was the most lucky girl to be hugged by Minho.  :P

About the voting, usually C-Minoz will follow K-Minoz, if K-Minoz appeal to vote some polls, it means those polls are important, and Minoz will organize to put lots of efforts, others like "Asia artist award" are not so important to do that. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

LOBS12

what a fabulous episode this was. The scenes where  he hears her thoughts and nearly keeps putting his foot in it by revealing what he hears are brilliant.. The writing and comic timing are so well done.

Looking back at reviews this seems to be the episode where people like Dramabeans really got into LMH’s acting and I think he won the SBS best actor award around this time (he said at the awards that they still had 7 episodes to go)

some interesting scenes for  me were:-

JJ seeming to know the law better than the police! And he looked very deeply into the inspector’s eyes when he was imploring him to listen to him - was there a bit of hypnosis going on because they immediately did what JJ wanted?

At the hospital when Ma Dae Young had a massive memory recall of the past-  did he get that from Cheongi when she looked at him and threatened him- can she give memories as well as take them?

I thought this was the episode when the brother turned to the dark side- when he saw the tablets his mum had I thought  he just might decide to try to stop her but once he heard his stepdad wanted to leave his money to JJ that finished any charitable thoughts he may have had - although when he drunkenly phoned JJ and warned him I thought there was still a small bit of decency there.

I liked the scene where JJ said to the police “Now I have a lot to lose” and Nam-doo’s face. The way Nam Do talked to the police really highlighted how JJ is the brains  of the three conmen.

We also saw how JJ’s mum lost her husband to the witch- and got an idea how desperately lonely she must have been.

I thought the kiss scene was lovely.

Finally I have to say in a really fangirly way how LMH’s hair always looks gorgeous and as if it was just washed in this series!

Have  a great weekend everyone.

• Like 6

TGIF (well for some of us)!  

@Lindyloo421Thanks for starting LBS ep 12 for us!  I finished watching it on my new bigger TV.  So nice to see LMH's face so big!  

I have to say that I hate those huge Frankenstein looking boots LMH is wearing in that instagram post where he is wearing the black suit.  Does he really need shoes with soles 1" thick?  Isn't he tall enough?:tounge_wink:

• Like 3

bluesea12-00104.jpg

Enjoy LMH on the big screen @CarolynH. Thanks for comments @Lindyloo421

Spoiler

This episode has a different sort of funny. The way JJ as a prisoner is taking over and ordering the policemen what do do, where to go, etc. Hilarious. The look on the face of the two detectives. :D

The next thing I find cute is that JJ keeps replying to her thoughts and have to quickly think on his feet and explain his sudden answers. Both the guys and SC look at him in a confused manner. He is so pleased he could hear her thoughts but suddenly it is not fun anymore when she keeps him awake every night with her thoughts and it is becoming a curse because he lacks sleep. The dialogue is hilarious. Why won't he just tell he that he loves her so she does not have to worry and think about it all night long and he can get a good night's sleep. Now with the kiss, perhaps they can both sleep like a baby. Guffaw!

• Like 5

On 9/10/2019 at 8:37 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

Hi Sophie I am in England. It’s very frustrating because  Netflix UK only has BOF and The Heirs and Viki UK has LOBS and has just put The Heirs on but you have to have a pass to watch it all. Viki looks like it has Faith but then says “not in your region” so in the end like msdot I also ordered the the rest on dvd..

I got City Hunter via Amazon- it cost £30 (I think about 54 Australian dollars) it had import duty on and was sent from Malaysia.

I got the two films quite cheap from eBay which came from Hong Kong and Personal Taste came from Malaysia and Faith came from Australia also via eBay. Talk about international! Fortunately they are all good copies with decent sub titles.

You got Faith from Australia via ebay? That was the only one I don't have. Interesting. I will check it out. I saw some from Malaysia but I did not want those but Australia would be better.Would it work in the US? Is the quality good?

• Like 1

LOTBS, Ep 12

What I liked most about this episode were the funny scenes resulting from his hearing her stream of consciousness worrying about their relationship. He enjoys being in the center of her thoughts at first, but quickly learns the downside. So sweet when he told her she´d be going with him when he moved and loved the kiss at the end.  He´s really amazing, able to do comedy so well, especially when I think of him in his more serious roles in Gangnam Blues, Faith, and City Hunter.

• Like 6

cr:  as tagged

Spoiler

LBS ep 12

Thanks @Lindyloo421, @CallieP and @msdot for your comments.  

The beginning of the episode is humorous with HJJ ordering  Det Mimi as if he is law enforcement.

Nam doo's face is beyond funny when HJJ brings Det Mimi home.  

I think I'd be just like SC, thinking all night, if I had a HJJ!

Instead of telling SC to do thing as if she were the homeowner, wouldn't it have been easier to suggest she take a swim?  It would be easier than driving himself crazy listening to her thoughts!:lol:

I'm on the fence about HJJ's father leaving all the money to HJJ.  Ever since HJJ's father married the witch, it seems HJJ wasn't treated well--but then again, money is not going to buy HJJ's love and respect.  Chi Hyun really didn't do anything wrong.  

I liked a drunk Jin Joo.  A drunk shi Ah is pretty funny too.  I feel bad for her, loving HJJ for 7 years then suddenly here comes SC.  What she doesn't know is HJJ and SC are fated to be together.  As much as I like HJJ, he could be a little nicer.  

So, HJJ's father just fell out of love with HJJ's mother and in love with the witch?  

It's funny how many more comments there are in Viki when there's a kiss:tounge_wink:

Next week my favorite LBS episode 13.  I gotta get my kleenex ready:bawling:.  Remember to keep track of your favorite episodes.  Episode 13 is one of my favorites of all LMH dramas.  

• Like 4

vgMJ9El.gif

Spoiler

Thanks, everyone, for your comments!

Again with the parallelism between the two periods - the officer who reads the charges against Dam Ryeong in the Joseon period is now the detective who handcuffs Joon Jae in the present.

LBe8g7b.gif

The detective not believing Joon Jae at first seems reasonable, as they've been tricked by him previously. But I think he must have felt Joon Jae's sense of urgency and sincerity this time, that he believed him and even followed his "orders" as if he was their chief. Heh.

mN20XTh.gif

At first, Ma Dae Young was only after Joon Jae, as ordered by stepmom. But with his dreams and visions of Se Hwa and of what could be gained from her, it remains to be seen if he'll follow the footsteps of his Joseon counterpart and capture the mermaid.

jVRjlZS.gif

Nam Doo is hilarious when he sees Mimi detective walk in the front door. Even hilarious as they sit awkwarldy with the detectives and then he offers to donate everything to charity. 

U2TTALX.gif

But I realize the huge impact of Sim Cheong to Joon Jae - a con man like him would not dare reveal his house address especially to a detective. But he even offered his help to capture Dae Young. He's really bent on "protecting the woman against the dangerous one."

And he does not only have a plan to like her, but he has plans of staying with her in the future!

4ko9yN7.gif

But alas, that sends Sim Cheong to a pondering spree to figure out what his words and actions really mean. And of course, Joon Jae can hear her barrage of questions. At first, it seems like he has the upper hand with this hearing-her-thoughts business, but not when he loses sleep for days with all that mind chatter!

uaGQzay.gif

Haha, innocent Sim Cheong wants to share to Joon Jae the nice feeling of being pinched on the cheeks. Cute.

xSNPfO2.gif

I have to say, the comedic timing with this hearing-her-thoughts business is perfectly executed.

XqlmN0l.gif

8zuNsSh.gif

4ojbnnB.gif

X2qcAOI.gif

gq31fxU.gif

I understand if Joon Jae's father wants to give everything to him as his biological son, but leaving nothing to stepmom and stepson who have lived with him for years would only harm Joon Jae in the long run. 

So from a drunk Heo Joon Jae in a previous episode, we see a drunk Shi Ah, drunk Jin Joo, and a drunk Chi Hyun. Boy, the truth does come out when people are drunk in this drama. Add to that a huge wave of embarrassment when sobered up. :P

It's hard to tell if Joon Jae's father fell out of love of Joon Jae's mom. But with a stepmom who has tricked and poisoned two previous husbands, I'm guessing the falling out of Joon Jae's parents is largely due to stepmom's evil doings.

I had a good laugh when Sim Cheong says she'll sort her thoughts out, all night! Omo Joon Jae, how long can you keep up with her deluge of thoughts about you? Well, that kiss should put a rest to poor Sim Cheong's racing mind. 

YBlsrjQ.gif

Hnu5jnw.gif

• Like 5

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

11 hours ago, CallieP said:

You got Faith from Australia via ebay? That was the only one I don't have. Interesting. I will check it out. I saw some from Malaysia but I did not want those but Australia would be better.Would it work in the US? Is the quality good?

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks, everyone, for your comments!

Again with the parallelism between the two periods - the officer who reads the charges against Dam Ryeong in the Joseon period is now the detective who handcuffs Joon Jae in the present.

LBe8g7b.gif

The detective not believing Joon Jae at first seems reasonable, as they've been tricked by him previously. But I think he must have felt Joon Jae's sense of urgency and sincerity this time, that he believed him and even followed his "orders" as if he was their chief. Heh.

mN20XTh.gif

At first, Ma Dae Young was only after Joon Jae, as ordered by stepmom. But with his dreams and visions of Se Hwa and of what could be gained from her, it remains to be seen if he'll follow the footsteps of his Joseon counterpart and capture the mermaid.

jVRjlZS.gif

Nam Doo is hilarious when he sees Mimi detective walk in the front door. Even hilarious as they sit awkwarldy with the detectives and then he offers to donate everything to charity. 

U2TTALX.gif

But I realize the huge impact of Sim Cheong to Joon Jae - a con man like him would not dare reveal his house address especially to a detective. But he even offered his help to capture Dae Young. He's really bent on "protecting the woman against the dangerous one."

And he does not only have a plan to like her, but he has plans of staying with her in the future!

4ko9yN7.gif

But alas, that sends Sim Cheong to a pondering spree to figure out what his words and actions really mean. And of course, Joon Jae can hear her barrage of questions. At first, it seems like he has the upper hand with this hearing-her-thoughts business, but not when he loses sleep for days with all that mind chatter!

uaGQzay.gif

Haha, innocent Sim Cheong wants to share to Joon Jae the nice feeling of being pinched on the cheeks. Cute.

xSNPfO2.gif

I have to say, the comedic timing with this hearing-her-thoughts business is perfectly executed.

XqlmN0l.gif

8zuNsSh.gif

4ojbnnB.gif

X2qcAOI.gif

gq31fxU.gif

I understand if Joon Jae's father wants to give everything to him as his biological son, but leaving nothing to stepmom and stepson who have lived with him for years would only harm Joon Jae in the long run. 

So from a drunk Heo Joon Jae in a previous episode, we see a drunk Shi Ah, drunk Jin Joo, and a drunk Chi Hyun. Boy, the truth does come out when people are drunk in this drama. Add to that a huge wave of embarrassment when sobered up. :P

It's hard to tell if Joon Jae's father fell out of love of Joon Jae's mom. But with a stepmom who has tricked and poisoned two previous husbands, I'm guessing the falling out of Joon Jae's parents is largely due to stepmom's evil doings.

I had a good laugh when Sim Cheong says she'll sort her thoughts out, all night! Omo Joon Jae, how long can you keep up with her deluge of thoughts about you? Well, that kiss should put a rest to poor Sim Cheong's racing mind. 

YBlsrjQ.gif

Hnu5jnw.gif

Hi CallieP

I went back through my eBay account and I had got mixed up- it was Boys over Flowers that came from Australia so my apologies. Faith - which on the box is called The Great Doctor-  came from Malaysia and is perfect - with English subs.

My copy is a region 3 which is for Asia - The UK is region 2 but luckily  I have a multi regional DVD player that also plays region 3. I looked it up just now on safari and I think the USA is region 1. Sorry for the original wrong info.

• Like 4

Hi - just a quick note for anyone who has Viki- they have now put Personal Taste on - and it’s only a couple of weeks since they put The Heirs on. (this refers to the U.K. Viki but perhaps they are doing it on other country’s Viki)

Faith, I am your teacher, Boys over Flowers,  City Hunter and a film called Public Enemy are there but are down as “not licensed for your region”

I haven’t heard of I am your teacher - is that the one also known as I am Sam?

I can’t find Mackerel Run anywhere - does anyone know where it can be seen?

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Faith - which on the box is called The Great Doctor-  came from Malaysia and is perfect - with English subs.

I got Faith (titled, The Great Doctor) from Malaysia as well, with English subs. So far I've found just one error, about 10-15 seconds skipped,  but it's from one of my favorite scenes (the one where she tells him to lean on her shoulder to rest (Ep 7)), so I'm disappointed. I obtained another copy of Faith from eBay (not sure where from; I suspect it was recorded it off someone's tv) and so far it's fine, but I like the picture quality and translation in the Malaysia version better. The translation is quite good in the Malaysia version, more everyday English phrasing. I like it better than the Viki translation for most of the dialog.

At any rate, I hope they keep it on Viki for forever, so there continue to be numerous options to watch it. 

Thanks for the heads up, @Lindyloo421, about Personal Taste being available now on Viki.  I can see it  (from Mexico), as well as Faith, Boys Over Flowers, Heirs and LOTBS.   Still can't see City Hunter, though - not licensed for my region, and it's one of my faves.  Maybe they'll add that at some point; soon, I hope!

• Like 4

I'm hesitant to even post this, but here goes. I like to read a lot, and I truly love the story and characters in Faith. So I decided that I'd also like to be able to read the story of Faith in addition to watching it. I know there were two books written by the screenwriter (in Korean) and I own them, but I don't speak or read Korean, and I'm still only moderately conversational in Spanish after years of classes.  Also, the brief excerpts that I've read from translations of parts of those books didn't stand out to me, although I'd still like to read a complete translation of them.

So, I decided to write down the story of Faith myself. I'm doing it almost as a transcription, closely following the show, I'd say about 95%, with a few deletions/condensations and minor additions to clarify events or emotions. So far I've written down the first 7 episodes. They are long, about 10-12 pages of single-spaced type for each episode.  It's been a lot of work so far, but also a fun learning experience, realizing how much dialog and action they packed into every episode. It has also taught me the incredible amount of work a screenwriter does, creating the whole story in their head in addition to writing it down with interesting dialog. 

I've done this solely for my own enjoyment, and I'd be happy to share this with others, but I don't know if anyone would be interested in reading this story, or if I'd run into copyright issues if I published episodes on a fan fiction site. Thoughts? 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, MsDot2 said:

I'm hesitant to even post this, but here goes. I like to read a lot, and I truly love the story and characters in Faith. So I decided that I'd also like to be able to read the story of Faith in addition to watching it. I know there were two books written by the screenwriter (in Korean) and I own them, but I don't speak or read Korean, and I'm still only moderately conversational in Spanish after years of classes.  Also, the brief excerpts that I've read from translations of parts of those books didn't stand out to me, although I'd still like to read a complete translation of them.

So, I decided to write down the story of Faith myself. I'm doing it almost as a transcription, closely following the show, I'd say about 95%, with a few deletions/condensations and minor additions to clarify events or emotions. So far I've written down the first 7 episodes. They are long, about 10-12 pages of single-spaced type for each episode.  It's been a lot of work so far, but also a fun learning experience, realizing how much dialog and action they packed into every episode. It has also taught me the incredible amount of work a screenwriter does, creating the whole story in their head in addition to writing it down with interesting dialog. 

I've done this solely for my own enjoyment, and I'd be happy to share this with others, but I don't know if anyone would be interested in reading this story, or if I'd run into copyright issues if I published episodes on a fan fiction site. Thoughts? 

You are soooooooooo great ! :heart:

Would you mind to share a very little part of your work here or on Faith thread ? I'm really curious.  :P

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Hi - just a quick note for anyone who has Viki- they have now put Personal Taste on - and it’s only a couple of weeks since they put The Heirs on. (this refers to the U.K. Viki but perhaps they are doing it on other country’s Viki)

Faith, I am your teacher, Boys over Flowers,  City Hunter and a film called Public Enemy are there but are down as “not licensed for your region”

@Lindyloo421:  I started to watch Mackerel Run on youtube.  I only watched 2 episodes, but I think all 8 ep were there.  It probably will take some searching since a search for Mackerel Run had a lot of hits.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Hi Lindyloo, ye, I am your Teacher is also "I am Sam" - You can watch "Mackerel Run" in KissAsian. Here's the link : http://kissasian.video/drama/mackerel-run.html  :P

8 hours ago, MsDot2 said:

So, I decided to write down the story of Faith myself. I'm doing it almost as a transcription, closely following the show, I'd say about 95%, with a few deletions/condensations and minor additions to clarify events or emotions. So far I've written down the first 7 episodes. They are long, about 10-12 pages of single-spaced type for each episode.  It's been a lot of work so far...

Wow @MsDot2, I admire your dedication to such endeavor! I'm also curious as to how it reads, so I would be delighted to read even a small part of your work. As to copyright issues, I'm not really sure. Although I've seen some materials such as in fanfictions where popular dramas/movies are written with alternate endings. :P

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, syntyche said:

Wow @MsDot2, I admire your dedication to such endeavor! I'm also curious as to how it reads, so I would be delighted to read even a small part of your work. As to copyright issues, I'm not really sure. Although I've seen some materials such as in fanfictions where popular dramas/movies are written with alternate endings. :P

Hi syntyche, copyright protection is only available for works that have been set into a “fixed and tangible” form. This means that you can’t copyright an idea or a concept. For example, in the case of MsDot2 she imagined an alternate ending for LMH's drama — the idea itself is not eligible for copyright protection. If someone else wants to write a screenplay about a particular drama, you can’t sue them. You own the work, not the idea. :P

• Like 3