Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Wow This thread is moving fast and  I’m loving it ! please keep them coming we gotta claim back the throne (opps pardon me for being a competitive fan for a second :p) 

Faith still holds the number one spot in this forum for drama with most replies and it’s awesome.  can’t wait to see our handsome daejang in the King’s robe. 

Spoiler

Ok here’s my share of rant...

There was an article of a Recent survey conducted by a news portal which they invited industry players, producers and directors alike to vote who they think will be the most promising actors in SK 

I was super mad reading it, LMH is not even included in the list. They have everyone except him. another actor who also came back from military topped the list. The funniest part is how could he not even get a single vote? what are these producers thinking??? Are they blind ??

I like to think either this is a Media play or our boy is a-class-above that he is not even considered in the survey (too over qualified) 

like it or not he’ll be back to claim his spot. No media play, no arrogance, just pure heart and sincerity. 

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, SophieH said:

I was super mad reading it, LMH is not even included in the list. They have everyone except him. another actor who also came back from military topped the list. The funniest part is how could he not even get a single vote? what are these producers thinking??? Are they blind ??

Really? But how come? The King it self already proved about how powerful he is in this industry. 

Maybe someone in this forum could explaine this further? 

• Like 6

@SophieH let me tell you. These lists are also run by mediaplay agencies. Some actors agencies r run by producers and insiders.

I understand the one who topped the list because he has terrific record  in ratings. So does lmh!

But lmh record is great too. So it makes no sense to me. Clear bs when actors with no success close to him are ranked lol! 

Considering investors offer him best projects.

Lee min ho is not known for mediaplay.

There were actors who are no where close to his success in that list. Has not dramas anywhere close to ratings.  But they were mentioned. And he wasn't. Clearly pr teams r working hard.

So take it with pinch of salt.

MYM is run by him and his sister. Not some powerful producer.

It is not stopping him from getting best projects and he got the biggest drama of the year as comeback.  Kim eun sook wrote a drama for him. All investors wanted him. They could've gone for anyone on list but they chose him? Practical  thing is much better than that bs.

There r highest paid lists and some actors who r nowhere his success is listed above him? So mediaplay bs. He never try to correct them at all

So don't worry about it too much.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, syntyche said:

Thanks, @gtLmh0622 for answering @Deepakmahajan's question. :D

*************************************************************************************

THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH MAIN STYLIST IS PROUDLY FILIPINO

Kdrama and Kpop fans ready your hearts and prepare yourself to change career after cruising on the DREAM JOB  we never thought would land to a Filipino and yes The King: Eternal Monarch as the main stylist is just one of many in his plate

His take on being the Main Fashion Stylist for

The King:Eternal Monarch

“When I received the call from Kim Eun-Sook (writer of The King: Eternal Monarch) I was unsure at first because I wanted to have a break after my first series but who am I to say no to the very person who introduced me to the world of K-Drama (Lovers in Paris, Descendants of the Sun, Goblin) right? So I said yes haha. My main role is to create looks for the cast that would be suitable for every scene. It took me months to conceptualise because I am dealing with outfits that are from different generations/era.”

His share on working with Top actors in the industry

“I felt the pressure at first because the fan base of these actors and actresses are hmmm let’s just say that they’re not easy to please. One night after filming, Lee Minho offered to drop me off at my place. While on our way I was very vocal to him that I am quite nervous on how his fans will take all the looks that I created for him and he just went like “I trust you and you are good with what you do”. That motivated me to be more confident of what I am doing”

https://chingutotheworld.com/the-king-eternal-monarch-main-stylist-is-proudly-filipino/

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. It's not just the beauty products that catch our eye when watching a K-drama. The impeccable style of-the hero draws us in, too! Aside from a we'll-written script, great acting & palpable chemistry between the leads, another element in K-drama is one that's just as important: the costumes. Fashion stylist is really important -  they put together an outfit that suits the character's persona. We can't help but be in awe of the characters' wardrobe.  LMH definitely has fashion sense!  :lol:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SophieH said:

I was super mad reading it, LMH is not even included in the list.

Don't be serious at those ridiculous list.

K-netizens commented LMH - silent but strong.
When you're strong enough, you don't have to run mediaplay to emphasize you are the most wanted, you are highest paid, or you got most endorsements. 

Spoiler

And if LMH's name is not included in such list, it's just a nonsense itself. 

Look at the come back drama of top actor on that list, is he really most wanted ?

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Deepakmahajan said:

@SophieH let me tell you. These lists are also run by mediaplay agencies. Some actors agencies r run by producers and insiders.

I understand the one who topped the list because he has terrific record  in ratings. So does lmh!

But lmh record is great too. So it makes no sense to me. Clear bs when actors with no success close to him are ranked lol! 

Considering investors offer him best projects.

Lee min ho is not known for mediaplay.

There were actors who are no where close to his success in that list. Has not dramas anywhere close to ratings.  But they were mentioned. And he wasn't. Clearly pr teams r working hard.

So take it with pinch of salt.

MYM is run by him and his sister. Not some powerful producer.

It is not stopping him from getting best projects and he got the biggest drama of the year as comeback.  Kim eun sook wrote a drama for him. All investors wanted him. They could've gone for anyone on list but they chose him? Practical  thing is much better than that bs.

There r highest paid lists and some actors who r nowhere his success is listed above him? So mediaplay bs. He never try to correct them at all

So don't worry about it too much.

Thank you very much @Deepakmahajan and also @gtLmh0622

I feel relieved now

You are right, no need to worry that much. Silent but strong. I really like that quote. 

One thing that I observed about him, compared to the others, LMH is a very closed about his personal life. And thats a good thing. 

:glasses:

Edited by yuiy78
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, yuiy78 said:

You are right, no need to worry that much. Silent but strong. I really like that quote. 

I want to say more.

I saw an old list on Weibo today.

That's a list of K-drama amounts that highest rating over 20% for all male/female lead.
4 dramas   -   none 

3 dramas   -   several including LMH.  
(BOF, Heirs, LOTBS. The highest rating of City Hunter was 19.9%, so he only has 3. :mellow: If City Hunter got 0.1% more, he would be the only one having 4 at that time.)

Don't know if there is any one has 4 now. But K-entertainments don't know this data and who is the guarantee of rating ??

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, scrawford said:

@Deepakmahajan and @SophieH Can one of you refer me to this list. I'm curious.

Lee Min HO could be walking around with no Agent and he will still have a job in the industry :)

i will pm you. it is funny list. The names there are no match for him expect few. so dont take it to heart. And ignore the comment section for your own health. Not worth reading hateful comments

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

hello minoz! i am new here finally decided to sign up lol

it's nice to read your reviews and very importants infos here. 

i am glad minho is back after a long time and i am happy he still has a fans who always support him despite his long absence.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@toramino

welcome!!!

Guys, looks like dramabeans is going to recap the King.

Its good and bad at the same time. Hopefully the haters just stay away. Or...maybe it’s good if the haters are watching too, good for the ratings and more exposure :grin:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

The excitement is real now!   Thanks for all your posts!

Has anyone used Netflix Party?  We could try that for a viewing party.  @CarolynH

https://www.netflixparty.com/

D-3 !!!  Woohoo!

@1ouise I’d love to join but I think the king will air on Netflix at around 9:40- 10am my time (US cst) and I’m working. I want to really soak it in. Been waiting for a long time, so I’m gonna be lame and wait until evening, where I can sit in my pajamas and eat my ramen and ice cream lol!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, scrawford said:

@Deepakmahajan and @SophieH Can one of you refer me to this list. I'm curious.

Spoiler

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003544817

From Naver news. Scroll to the end for the list. U could also use the translation button on top right. 

welcome to the thread @toramino let’s have fun together.

D-3 wooohooo 

• Like 7

@syntyche Our king is tall indeed. Their height difference is so cute! 

1 hour ago, 1ouise said:

The excitement is real now!   Thanks for all your posts!

Has anyone used Netflix Party?  We could try that for a viewing party.  @CarolynH

https://www.netflixparty.com/

D-3 !!!  Woohoo!

This sounds like so much fun! 

• Like 4