Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

aJRmVC8.gif

Spoiler

Thanks for all your comments!

Amusing scene when it's Sim Cheong now getting jealous of her previous self, the way Joon Jae got jealous of Ramyun guy. But of course, Joon Jae is charming enough and rather smooth to convince Sim Cheong that she's prettier and then later pull her under the blanket and wrap his arms around her.

TCPxWFN.gif

c6e41Wx.gif

I agree that stepmom is more a villainess than Ma Dae Young. Joon Jae's dad going nearly blind is actually hitting two birds with one stone - it can lead to his death due to accident, same as stepmom's two ex-husbands, and can also make him unable to read his will which was altered in favor of stepmom and stepson.

So now, our two lovebirds are on the same page - both are aware of their feelings towards each other, no more guessing and hiding, at least for the both of them. But Nam Doo is noticing those gestures between the two and sure is getting jealous. 

hBwCz9u.gif

ujdMPUC.gif

When he asked Joon Jae on who he is going to save first when he and Sim Cheong both fall in the water, I thought, Joon Jae should save Nam Doo since Sim Cheong could very well save her mermaid self. But Joon Jae's response is a lot funnier - Sim Cheong would save Nam Doo herself and he doesn't want that. Heh.

Prosecutor Joon Jae is at it again! Being even more knowledgeable than the real cops, he can really easily pass as a prosecutor; add to that some bossing around and the cops actually following his orders! 

hwUG0tj.gif

Ah poor Shi Ah. When karma bites her in the a$$. The mother-in-law she intends to be kind to is the same ajumonni she's been harsh to all this time. Add to that, ajumonni is now close to her rival, Sim Cheong.

There goes her brownie points with Joon Jae's mom.

Chi Hyun might be on the fence on his love for a rejecting father and a villainous mother, but hearing his father say Joon Jae's name seems to be a defining moment for him, as he burns down all his photos with him.

WAhMbjn.gif

Scene where Sim Cheong tells Joon Jae that it's actually good that Se Hwa was his first love and not her, otherwise, they wouldn't have ended up together - it's only now that I noticed that this scene is somewhat foreboding of Se Hwa and Dam Ryeong's fate. I noticed that when background music suddenly played at Sim Cheong's mention of "that a man's first love does not come true." There was also a sudden sadness on Joon Jae's face at that point.

YjOkec5.gif

So he goes to the psychiatrist for some hypnosis to see how his dream ends - how the love story of Dam Ryeong and Se Hwa turns out (or ends). 

nBecncZ.gif

OPXUFC6.gif

Seeing the lantern lights, Dam Ryeong asks for his boat to be turned around, as this means trouble for Se Hwa. Just as he warned Joon Jae to "protect the woman from the dangerous one," he does so too, as he gallantly fights against Lord Yang's men to protect Se Hwa... 

4lE9QxD.gif

9poJb7A.gif

even up to his last breath. I'd like to believe that his slight smile was due to his relief that he was able to protect his love, and also to reassure her that he gladly did this sacrifice for her. 

nkwHdN0.gif

hm02AaI.gif

I may have been devastated with this early death of Dam Ryeong, even if I already saw this coming, as was revealed through Joon Jae in an earlier episode. As you may know, I've been drawn into the character of Dam Ryeong. But the poetry of all these lies in the tragic end of Dam Ryeong and Se Hwa. Their lives may have ended abruptly, but even as teenagers, he's already promised her that in the next life, they will be reborn as themselves, and will remember their story. With this tragic end, and Dam Ryeong's words, "everything repeats itself; the fate in this world is continuing in that world," the story now focuses on Joon Jae, on how he would be able to overcome fate, and fulfill his promise to Sim Cheong: "nothing will repeat itself. Whatever happened before, will not happen this time. I will make it so."

NLEeLpJ.gif

Such a dramatic episode; I see why it's @CarolynH's favorite one. May I also add the picturesque sea and underwater scenes of the Joseon period - the visuals of the scenes add more drama and are simply breathtaking.

• Like 6

LMH in LOTBS episode 13:

Thanks for ALL the comments!!  I agree that it keeps getting better and better.  

This is the episode where you can hear in LMH's voice that he has a cold.  :( 

I'm really hoping that it will be possible for Korea to do more pre-produced shows, so there won't be time constraints and everyone can stay healthy.

tumblr_py5fimRiyF1w2zf0ho1_540.png

:love:

22 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

By the way, I love love KDR's simple dressed in white on the boat, can't describe how handsome his face is.    

Yes!  This is one of my favorite looks--simple and gorgeous--and favorite scenes.

tumblr_py5fimRiyF1w2zf0ho3_540.png

13 hours ago, syntyche said:

I may have been devastated with this early death of Dam Ryeong, even if I already saw this coming, as was revealed through Joon Jae in an earlier episode. As you may know, I've been drawn into the character of Dam Ryeong. But the poetry of all these lies in the tragic end of Dam Ryeong and Se Hwa. Their lives may have ended abruptly, but even as teenagers, he's already promised her that in the next life, they will be reborn as themselves, and will remember their story. With this tragic end, and Dam Ryeong's words, "everything repeats itself; the fate in this world is continuing in that world," the story now focuses on Joon Jae, on how he would be able to overcome fate, and fulfill his promise to Sim Cheong: "nothing will repeat itself. Whatever happened before, will not happen this time. I will make it so."

Well said!  Dam-ryung is clever.  He has figured out what is going on with their repeated story, has left clues for Joon-jae, and is confident in sacrificing himself for a different future.  After he dies, Se-hwa pulls the spear through herself, ready to be reborn, trusting that they will be together again.

It's fun to see the parallels of the two time periods.  One question that comes up in this episode is:

"What did Dam-ryung do to save his father?"

tumblr_py5fimRiyF1w2zf0ho2_540.png

"Is there a parallel with Joon-jae and Detective Hong?"

• Like 5

On 9/22/2019 at 7:23 PM, 1ouise said:

What did Dam-ryung do to save his father?"

No parallel with detective Hong

9 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

OMG these have got to be the most gorgeous set of photos of him ever. He seems to be getting more and more handsome. And his personality shines through. I love his face when he tries the drink! How good is he going to look in the new drama.

He does look very handsome in those pictures. He gets more handsome with age.

On 9/22/2019 at 8:01 PM, CarolynH said:

I started the beginning of LBS episode 14 and now I can't remember why Se hwa can't remember the past.  Does she remember in a later episode?

I don't think Sim Cheong ever remembered her past or Se Hwa dreamt of the future. Perhaps mermaids can't dream. :D

• Like 5

South Korean stars have filmed many difficult stunts by themselves

Lee Min Ho: In City Hunter, Lee Min Ho has worked hard to be able to do many fight scenes without using stunt doubles. Despite having a number of injuries on set because of the difficulty of the action scenes, he did not give up. The star born in 1987 has devoted the audience to many perfect and beautiful fight scenes. 

EFXy8IWU0AAHpnI.jpg

Spoiler

Canh_quay_nguy_hiem_6.jpg

(skipped unrelated)

https://news.zing.vn/loat-sao-nam-han-gay-thot-tim-khi-tu-dong-canh-quay-nguy-hiem-post994259.html

• Like 8

Finally there's a story about Lee Min Ho in the training center posted on DC LMH Gallery.

English translation is according to Chinese translation by 何夕.

My friend was injured his shoulder when playing football,

so he went to the same training center with LMH, but he and LMH were not on the same floor.

The trainee lined up a long queue to get LMH's autograph.
They also followed him at rest times.

That's self-evidence of LMH's friendliness. 

My friend didn't went to get his autograph because the long waiting line.

But he looked at Minho at the distant place, Minho is very tall with a small face.

EFb_-6bVUAAbxVI?format=jpg&name=900x900

cr. 李敏镐吧网宣

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

The trainee lined up a long queue to get LMH's autograph.
They also followed him at rest times.

That's self-evidence of LMH's friendliness. 

My friend didn't went to get his autograph because the long waiting line.

But he looked at Minho at the distant place, Minho is very tall with a small face.

Thanks for this, @gtLmh0622

The power that he has; even men follow him and line up just to get his autograph! B)

• Like 5

It's so interesting that our bb was laughed at his INS old pictures this afternoon. A media account me2day (22M followers on Weibo) posted bb's picture and said : Lee Min Ho don't know how to eat XiaoLongBao, too funny. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

This is an old picture that bb has posted on June 24. But today, most of comments were from non-fans, all comments were HaHaHaHaHa. :joy:

EFepI1SVUAECGy7?format=jpg&name=small

And the topic #李敏镐吃灌汤包# (Lee Min Ho eat XiaoLongBao) was topped the search list on Weibo. I think that's the evidence how popular LMH is in China, anything related him always on top of search list.

EFepI1KUEAEOXMz?format=jpg&name=small

And total views of the topic #李敏镐吃灌汤包# (Lee Min Ho eat XiaoLongBao) reached 200M within 8 hours.

EFfFsErU4AApLBP?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 7

bluesea14-00245a.jpg

Spoiler

JJ finds out the truth of KDY and Se hwa, rushes to find SC and they date. Love the dating scene. They have a disagreement because SC refuses to forget jJ if something happens to him and will join him.  SC is friends with mom now.

Ma Da Young eavesdrop and wants to know his story too. He was not the one who killed KDY. WE were wondering how KDY could be so superhuman as to swim faster than the harpoon. It was a different harpoon, whose? :o Chi Hyun is now changed and deliberately lies to the employees, his step-dad and JJ. He is ambitious now and like his mom who took JJ's father, now the son wants to take JJ's love. Take everything from JJ. So we know why JJ's mom did not look for him. Step mom is right, JJ's mom is stupid for just giving up and listening to the person who stole her son and husband.

Nam Doo thinks JJ is getting tired of SC and he is happy. Nam Doo's reaction is so typical when he finds out what a gold mine, SC is. Like the golden goose. Ha!Ha!

When SC realizes JJ can hear her voice at the end. Very interesting. Like the reaction of Shi -ah to mom and Tae o when he gets to follow SC. Cute reactions from both of them. Relations between Detective Hong and JJ is strengthening. Things are moving along. JJ realizes that they are so linked now that she will die without him so will he ask her to go back to the ocean before anything happens to him. He also refuses to let her touch him lest she erases his memory. He is alert now. 

Watching VIKI, I realized they deleted the dancing scene between SC and JJ during their dating scene.

• Like 4