Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

LMH IG Update! 12312019

Happy New Year chingus! 

@syntyche, I wonder what He meant by "The Airing of the king is just around the Corner". I don't know if there is miscommunication from the translation perspective, or? Because in English language "around the Corner" means very close or coming very soon, and July 31st isn't really around the Corner.

Can we hope that The King will Air sooner than July?

Whats your take on it?

• Like 7

Hi @scrawford - I wondered the same thing about “around the Corner” and I also wondered when he said “be able to make you laugh with good news about me and my work” - was he talking about The King or will there be news about his next project?

As it’s nearly January and they are still filming - and haven’t been overseas which I think KES said originally they would be doing- maybe it won’t be ready any earlier- worse luck!

SophieH like you this was the year I discovered LMH ( thanks to Netflix) and then watched the series and two films on Viki and dvd. I think he is incredible. I have even become a Minoz

I am really grateful I found this site - it’s so great to exchange views with other fans.

Happy new year everyone. Let’s hope 2020 is the year our boy wins the Daesang award.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Happy almost 2020.:D  It is a beautiful day in SoCal almost 70 and sunny.  

2019 brought us new friends @Lindyloo421, @scrawford, @SophieH, @msdot and perhaps some lurkers:).  Thanks to all, especially @gtLmh0622and @syntyche for tirelessly bringing us news and photos of our LMH.  :heart:  

-------------

I guess that we all focused on his words "around the corner" and "be able to make you laugh with good news about me and my work” .  Around the corner, for LMH, could be 2020, generally.  I'm hoping that LMH will try a variety type show in 2020.  

---------------

Remember 1st weekend in January begins our Mackerel Run rewatch.  I sort of watched the 1st episode, but will need to pay more attention.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, scrawford said:

@syntyche, I wonder what He meant by "The Airing of the king is just around the Corner". I don't know if there is miscommunication from the translation perspective, or? Because in English language "around the Corner" means very close or coming very soon, and July 31st isn't really around the Corner.

Can we hope that The King will Air sooner than July?

Whats your take on it?

SBS aired other drama teaser today:bawling: I think The King In July really:angry: because other two drama Friday-Sat :bawling: they will air before The King 

• Like 6

In response to @SophieH, I became a fan just as he was going into the military. I was still very new to K-drama, having first seen Jumong at my cousin´s urging. I joined viki and looked around for another period drama, then spied the promo poster of Faith and this stunning-looking actor on it. Well, you all know me and Faith! Fortunately LMH had also left a substantial body of work that helped tide me over the next two years. 

I am also grateful for this group of dedicated and kind fans! Even though we have a bit of a wait for his next series, I like how he keeps in touch through his postings, photo shoots etc. in the meantime. Looking forward to our discussion of Mackerel Run, saw the first episode and liked it. It´s fun to watch the very young LMH!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Super Junior’s Kim Heechul Shares How Much Money He Spends On Games + Talks About Playing With Lee Min Ho

Heechul was also asked if he’s considered to be a good gamer among celebrities, and he named himself as at the top when it comes to stars who play League of Legends. “I’m rivals with Lee Min Ho,” he said. “The two of us play games with our mics on. But people who play this game tend to blame other people a lot. When you die, you blame someone else.” He explained that this means that they fight a lot when they play, but they remain close friends.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1374764wpp/super-juniors-kim-heechul-shares-how-much-money-he-spends-on-games-talks-about-playing-with-lee-min-ho

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Lee Min Ho, Taecyeon and other Kdrama stars to make a return on TV this year

Korean drama lovers world-wide are eagerly waiting for the much-awaited come back of Lee Min Ho and other popular actors on TV this year

The Korean television world is preparing to bring back some of the most popular Korean drama stars on TV this year. The actors who have confirmed to return on small screens are Lee Min Ho...

Lee Min Ho took a break from his acting career in 2017 due to the mandatory military enlistment. 

Lee Min Ho

lee-min-ho.jpg?w=400

The much-awaited return of young Korean heartthrob Lee Min Ho to the small screens will be made through an SBS drama titled The King: The Eternal Monarch. The historical fantasy thriller will focus on the life of an emperor named Lee Gon and his relationship with a detective named Luna. The mini-series is scheduled to premiere in the first half of 2020.

https://www.ibtimes.sg/lee-min-ho-taecyeon-other-kdrama-stars-make-return-tv-this-year-36916

(skipped unrelated)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Happy New Year chingus!

This cold season reminds me of December 2016, when I started watching LOTBS as it was airing then, and I was drawn by Minho into his Minoz fandom. I've known Minho since BOF days but LOTBS was his first drama I watched. I didn't know then that he hasn't done military service yet, so as a new fan, I was disappointed to learn that he'll be out of the spotlight for the next two years. Fortunately, I discovered this forum, where there's a rewatch of all his dramas to fill in the void until his return. And I got to know nice fellow Minoz to fangirl with. :) Little did we know that we're lucky enough to see photos of him go to work at Suseo almost everyday. Now that he's done with his service, I'm happy enough to see him update his sns once in a while, have photo shoots and gorgeous magazine features, and finally shoot his comeback drama. I was a bit disappointed to learn that the airing was pushed to July, but at least we still have something to get excited about and look forward to. Here's to hoping for more sightings, photo shoots and sns updates until then!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, CarolynH said:

A quick FYI:  the Mackerel Run rewatch begins Jan 10.  some people may need time to find a site to watch the drama.  

Hi - don’t know if this will work for others but  I have found Mackerel Run on 

a site called www1.dramacool.movie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you For the Welcome Everybody. So Glad that i found this Community, to discuss anything Min Ho and his work. It really helps to stay Connected with Other Min Ho fans while we are all patiently waiting for his new drama :).

And I agree, Thanks @syntyche and @gtLmh0622 for delivering Min Ho News and Article!

I became fans of Lee Min Ho, early this year. I am a Huge fan of the Hana Yori Dango Story. I have read the Manga Start to finished, watch 4 version of the Drama. 

After Finishing the 2018 Meteor Garden on Netflix, I discover that there is a Korean Version and while i wasn't really a Kdrama fan, but since it's another Hana Yori Dango Adaptation, I'm intrigue. Unfortunately, i was very disappointed at the Korean Version delivery of the Story. They just had the budget and the look, but they took the essence out of the story and i feel like they didn't do Jun Pyo character Justice, and don't get me started on their Chemistry! (anybody else with me on this?)

It took me weeks to recover from watching the show and i fast forward quite a bit. I had to re watch the Japanese version and re read the Manga, to help me get over it. However, I was Impress at what Min HO Did to the character, and he did really good with what he had! and ever since then I went on to search his other dramas, and led me to Heirs, LOTBS, Personal taste, City Hunter, and now here i am at this forum :). I tried to watch Faith, but I'm just not a Period Drama person.

Now I'm excited that I get to watch his drama live. I have Viki and Netflix, and obviously we know it will be on Netflix. 

I will try to get Mackerel run and I'm really looking forward to discussing the King with you all!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Actor Lee Min Ho sends touching message and good wishes to his followers

As the closing of 2019 and the reception of 2020, Korean star Lee Min Ho addressed all his fans in the world.

On December 31, Lee Min Ho posted a video on Instagram addressing his followers with a touching and hopeful message to welcome the New Year with good vibes.

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2019/12/31/lee-min-ho-instagram-actor-coreano-se-dirige-a-sus-fans-y-habla-de-su-nuevo-kdrama-the-king-eternal-monarch-kim-go-eun-dorama-mym-entertainment-insta-fotos-y-video/

15 New Year Greetings from the Most Popular Korean Artists, Happy New Year!

While saying Happy New Year to fans, Lee Min Ho said that his latest drama will be aired soon. Uwu

https://www.idntimes.com/hype/entertainment/defrina-satiti/15-ucapan-tahun-baru-dari-artis-korea-terpopuler-happy-new-year/full

In 2020, the Korean entertainment industry is about to wait for the fierce "landing" of the TV series.

The King: The Eternal Monarch

The King: The Eternal Monarch is the project that Korean drama viewers are most looking forward to today. Lee Min Ho, the male lead of the drama, who returns after 4 years of absence, works with writer Kim Eun Sook - Kim Go Eun.

https://www.yan.vn/cuoc-do-bo-cua-cac-my-nam-trong-phim-han-nam-2020-219105.html

Lee Min-ho, who was discharged from military service in April last year amid keen interest from fans, has since taken an unusual step as a hallyu star and was appointed a goodwill ambassador for the Korean language education institution.

Lee Min-ho, along with Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan and Jung Eun-chae, will return to the drama "The King: The Eternal Monarch," said New Daily reporter Cho Kwang-hyung. The work is expected early on with the meeting between Lee Min-ho, a hallyu star who boasts enormous box-office power, and Kim Eun-sook, a star writer and a hit maker," he said in connection with Lee's next drama.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/427/0000035271

Not only talent; pretty, Korean idols are also high-profile players playing "hidden" games

Perhaps few people expect that many Korean superstars are true gamers.

Video games are growing day by day. Gradually, gaming became a culture. Many Korean superstars are also proud to say that gaming is their hobby to relieve stress after stressful working hours.

Lee Min Ho

The name Lee Min Ho is certainly not new to Vietnamese audiences. With the appearance of peach blossom and the roles of his life, hot boy meteor garden has taken the heart of countless girls.

Lee Min Ho also said that he is a loyal fan of the game League of Legends. Although busy with his daily work, he still enlisted to rank in his spare time and proudly show off the Diamond 4 trophy on his Korean server. The movie superstar also said that Faker is his idol. He started playing League of Legends also due to the influence of SKT's mid lane legend.

http://kenh14.vn/khong-nhung-tai-nang-xinh-dep-cac-idol-han-quoc-cung-toan-la-cao-thu-choi-game-o-an-it-ai-biet-20200102153008598.chn

• Like 7

According to Statista research reports in May 2019, Lee Min Ho topped the most popular SK actors and actress in the United States in 2018. He also topped the number of fans on Facebook until Apr. 2019.

ENcPm1MUwAAO9NF?format=jpg&name=900x900

ENcPm3AUEAAB0-b?format=jpg&name=large

cr. 李敏镐铁杆后援会

• Like 8

Formula E, Korean Wave Concert...Seoul Tourism Festival in early May

0004548895_001_20200105091201686.jpg?typ

Hallyu stars will also start to attract Chinese and Japanese tourists. The goal is to attract inbound visitors by holding the so-called "Four Great Heavenly Kings Concert" involving actors Kim Soo-hyun, Park Bo-gum, Park Seo-joon and Lee Min-ho. At stake is whether Korea will be able to attract large-scale tourists, overcoming negative factors in the Korean inbound tourism market last year, such as China’s Han Han Hanryeong and the Japanese boycott.

https://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=102&oid=018&aid=0004548895

• Like 5

https://www.90daykorean.com/best-korean-actors/

Best Korean Actors of All Time

One of the best parts of Korea’s pop culture is its massive domestic film and TV industry. Rather than relying on showing mainly Hollywood-produced TV series and movies on the television or in the cinema, Koreans are constantly creating movies and dramas for its domestic market.

This creates a lot of opportunities for amazing actors and actresses to rise to stardom. There are always new stars rising to fame, but this list is for the best of the best, and our picks for best Korean actors of all time.

Contents [hide]

1 이민호 Lee Min Ho

2 안성기 Ahn Sung Ki

3 이병헌 Lee Byung Hun

4 김수현 Kim Soo Hyun

5 원빈 Won Bin

6 소지섭 So Ji Sub

7 공지철 Gong Yoo

8 주지훈 Ju Ji Hoon

9 최민식 Choi Min Sik

10 현빈 Hyun Bin

11 Wrap up

479px-140120_Minho_Lee_c.jpg

이민호 Lee Min Ho

Recommended to watch in: City Hunter

Lee Min Ho shot to stardom overnight when he began starring in the popular teen drama Boys Over Flowers, which is a remake of Japan’s Hana Yori Dango.

He has been among Korea’s A-listers ever since, having starred in other famous dramas such as City Hunter and The Heirs.

At the moment he is serving his mandatory military service, after which we can expect more great acting work from him.

• Like 6

Dazedkorea Interview

cr: minyu_0622 (on Twitter, Google translated from Japanese to English)

Q: You uploaded photos of autumn leaves on SNS. Are you sensitive to the season?
 A: In my twenties I was indifferent to seasonal changes, but now I can enjoy it every season.  I feel that it makes sense to enjoy and remember what you can do at the moment, like playing in the water in summer, picking autumn leaves in autumn, and skiing in winter. 

Q: Do you like winter?
 A: I like winter most of the four seasons.  You can enjoy something as exciting as skiing, but it also gives you peace.  Looking at the photos of the winter landscape in the snowy countryside, he says that the mind feels calm, but it feels clear in the crush of spring.  So it seems to do more works in winter (laughs)

Q: How do you plan to spend this winter?
 A: I have been busy shooting the drama The King: The Eternal Monarch and I have no plans.  I told the director:  "I want to take a break from Christmas" ... (laughs) I want to spend time with important people such as family and friends.

Q: Last April, everyone was waiting for news of discharge, and the online was filled with relevant news.
 A: Eight months have already passed.  Immediately after the discharge, I spent three or four months deciding and preparing for the next film, and also performed advertising and pictorial photography many times.

Q: Do you ever want to go out or take a rest?
A: Like everyone, I always want to take a break (laughs).  I have a lot of desire, so I would like to take a rest for about two years if I want to rest anyway.  Of course I can't do that (laughs)

Q: What do you want to do most if you really want to rest for two years?
 A: I want to live in another country.  A place you do not completely know.  I want to live in a place where nobody knows me.  Do you come to mind somewhere in Europe?

Q: Do you think you've decided or changed yourself in 2019?
 A: Nothing special, but I want to maintain my health and work.  When I was in my twenties I was careless about my health, but sometimes I felt the limits of my physical strength. I have been paying attention recently because I think that health management can achieve the desired result with good energy.

Q: What was the two-year blank period?
 A: It was time to think seriously about the occupation of actors.  I couldn't tell how much I liked this job when I was in my 20s. After spending the deadlines given in my duty, I realized that the most vibrant moment in my life was at work, and that I really liked the profession of actors.  So I wanted to work passionately.

Q: How do you feel about the second act of your actor life?
A: I told you this at a fan meeting before enlisting.  "Thank you for sharing the act of actor Lee Mino."  I was over 30 years old and had a blank period.  I'm going to start again after resetting to some extent. Everything is going to be a rut in the tenth year, but I didn't want to be.  The attitude and feelings toward work are different from those in Act 1. At that time, many fans came to the place I work for daily.  Thank you.  Now I am working hard to meet those expectations.

Q: Is there any point to distinguish from Act 1?

A: If there was any impatience or intensity in Act 1, it seems a bit different now. Feelings to enjoy doing their best each time without losing time, to be more resilient and mature, and to be good.

Q: When you look back at Act One, what do you think was the most special moment?

A: Every moment. Everything from Boys over Flowers to Heirs and City Hunter, which opened the door to my new life, is special. When I looked back at the explosion of popularity, I was very busy spreading it so quickly that I couldn't remember the memory. At that time, you didn't know how a successful work would affect the leading actor, so it feels like a waterfall? It looked like thunder. Thanks to <Heirs> and <Boys over Flowers>, they gained popularity beyond other countries and were loved and valuable.

Q: Have you ever regretted it?

A: I have never regretted. It's frustrating that I couldn't do better

Q: According to an interview last September, "I feel that people who live close to their true form are mature." Did you find your true form now?

A: It was not easy to define. I was worried about what kind of thing was like me, but it seemed wonderful to be a person living “in my own way” without losing the heart in a given situation. I spent my 20s intensely and lived without time to look back, or even myself. The blank period seems to be the time to look for such a face. Now that I'm in my thirties, no matter how busy I am, I want to keep an eye on myself. I think I have room to look around. Of course, the process of maturity will not be easy. However, rather than having a purpose, it is still intense, but I want to enjoy it at my own tempo.

Q: The next work of 2020, 'The King,'  is scheduled to air. You worked with Kim Eun-suk in Heirs. Why did you decide to appear?

A: There were a lot of other offers, too. After reading the scripts, there was no work that felt “very interesting". But with “The King,” I thought “this was it” as soon as I read it. The material was also fresh. Synopsis had a line like this: "If the same person exists in the parallel world, will you change your life with that person?" I was very attracted. Interestingly, I thought it was a wonderful work that could convey a “message” to the viewer.

Q: I heard that you studied to understand not only the characters in the works that appear, but also the culture and history associated with them, but what about <The King>?

A: The King is about a parallel world. In one world there is the Korean Empire, and in the parallel world there is the Republic of Korea. The Korean Empire is a real country, isn't it one of our sad history that disappeared in about 13 years? I was really worried. "What would have happened if the Korean Empire had existed for a long time, and what would have happened if the constitutional monarchy had continued as in that era?" Before I start shooting, I'm always worried about how to represent the characters I play in my work and how to make the characters more alive.

Q: What kind of talk did you have with Kim Eun-suk?

A: I was told, “Try what you want to do” (laughs). That's what I trust in me, and I wanted to do it freely.

Q: “Lee Gon” is a character of “The King” which is like a fantasy element. How do you want to play him, the emperor who travels between the two worlds against the devil?

A: Lee Gon is a person with wounds and trauma because of the environment in which he grew up. Still, he grew up healthy and became a nice man. Rather than highlighting only a specific part of Lee Gon, I wanted to express it in three dimensions from various angles. As an emperor leading one country, he is a fast-moving person.  He is frank, honest and tolerant of his emotions. And he's humorous and human. Sometimes he's cold.

Q: By 2020, it will be your 15th year of debut. Are there any worries for Lee Mino, who has just started a new period after a blank period?

A: There is no major concern because we value faithfulness to reality rather than exaggerating the future. It is not a style that moves with the goal of “must go in this direction as an actor”. That's why I'm less anxious and impatient. However, since I started shooting 'The King,' I want to do better, and I want to express myself as well as I want to prepare. There is more stress than at any time. The actor must grow through the work. 

Q: About the life of a star who is loved around the world and supported by fans of different languages and races ... Have you got used to it now?

A: To some extent, it feels like everyday, but sometimes it's too much work and it's empty when the work is over and the interest cools down. What is certain is that the energy of those who love me is the greatest driving force in my life. Loved and raised children will be fine and bright. I think it's really happy to be loved by someone and absorb that love properly.

Q: 30s, 30 years old, do you feel these numbers are a little different from before?

A: When I was in my 20s, I was absorbed in the word "youth" for a while, and when I was young I didn't like to be in my 30s. Until the late 20s, isn't it a good age to spoil like a boy or manage an adult? But when I was 30, I was a little different. The sense of responsibility for my actions and words has grown. I think even in my thirties, it's not quite different from what I felt in my teens and twenties. You just try to understand the same emotions. In many ways, my mind and attitude have changed since I was in my twenties.

Q: In the 2020s, Lee Min Ho is in his 30s. What are your prospects?

A: Uh ... life may change depending on how much science advances. The new world you saw in science fiction movies may expand (Laughs). You have to adapt well in any age. It's like Lee Min Ho who can't afford.

Q: Are there any words that resonate recently, such as “Youth” in your 20s?

A: The emperor is working hard to become an emperor in various aspects (laughs)

Q: What are your goals?

A: To maintain a healthy balance and live a healthy life as it is now. And focus on the current situation

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1