Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

"I met Prince White on the street of Ginkgo Tree. 
Oh, it's not the prince, it's like you're the emperor?!

Surprised crossing # Out of the blue

I heard it's next year's SBS drama, but I heard that it's the motif of ginkgo trees, did you shoot this scene on the path of ginkgo trees?
I didn't know who he was or what he was doing. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry.# You look good 
All the people who gathered there #Wowoooo"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4ldF7mF7DC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

EI0ThjpUYAArrDE?format=jpg&name=360x360

EI0Th4aVAAA4cGj?format=jpg&name=360x360

EI0TiHuVUAA-Zl6?format=jpg&name=360x360

EI0TibiU4AA24QV?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 9

A non-fan's post, English translation is according to Chinese translation by 何夕.

His Majesty Lee Gon, the temperament is so good. 

Absolutely the emperor.

Although being as an actor, but Actor Lee Min Ho is a totally different person.

Like a born emperor,

Maybe he was the emperor, but disguised as an actor during that time ?

Make people feel this illusion

Even if you know he's not the real emperor,

Even if he's not portraying the emperor,

But he looks like an emperor.

That temperament is not a joke.

Moreover, even those who are watching ask "if he is god?"

"He's the emperor." "oh, yes."

EI0xh6cUUAIo0fl?format=jpg&name=small

EI0xh6TUwAEVz7m?format=jpg&name=900x900

cr. Minoz_无须完美

• Like 6
  • Love 2

LOBS ep 20

Watching this show  I felt that there was no way he could ever be more handsome then he is in LOBS but these latest photos (second behind the scenes story etc  )  have proved me wrong!

This last episode was everything I hoped it would be. Emotional, funny, sad and immensely satisfying- and oh that kiss- wow. 

When Shim Cheong is at the sea ready to go in she says that only she will know and protect their story so we know straightaway that she erased JJ’s memories, and we see her erasing everyone’s else’s memory except for the little girl’s.

Three years later andNam Doo asks about the empty seat which is where SC sat. JJ just says it’s a habit to leave it empty but there is a look on his face that says more than his words.

I love that he is shown becoming a prosecutor and has to report to the office where the three conmen carried out one of their cons! - and that his boss tells him about it! And the scene where he tore the fraudster’s story to pieces was brilliant.

One of my favourite scenes in the whole show was when JJ and Det Hong go through that revolving door together- so cute! I loved  LMH ‘s dimples in this scene and his boss puzzling over him.

I puzzled over whether  Det Hong remembered SC but he doesn’t appear to because when JJ cried that he “missed her” Hong didn’t know who he was talking about.

The scene with JJ reading his notebook and Nam Do’s comment about him driving to the sea a lot are the  first real clues that he has some kind of recall about SC

I guess that JJ must have had an account for SC at a department store and she phoned for the clothes delivery that is left on the seat. 

The reunion between SC and JJ is beautifully done with her saying one thing to him and thinking another in the hope he still hears her thought. 

When she rushes after him and bends down in the snow we get the third instance of her holding her hand up to him and him taking it. (It must have been freezing -LMH’s ears are bright red) It is so heartwarming when  he tells her all he did to remember her

I would have loved the wedding photo to have been a group photo of JJ, SC and his mum and Nam Doo and Tae oh.

Watching LMH and J J-h in the last scenes you could almost think they were a real couple so lovely and loving were their scenes together.

The last scene on the seat by the sea with JJ’s words was just perfect.

I’ve really enjoyed reviewing LOBS and hope there are many more LMH dramas to review in the future - as well as The King of course! Roll on March.

• Like 8

cr: as tagged 

I thought LMH looked sooo handsome at the 2016 SBS awards.  I've watched this video so many times.  

Spoiler

LBS ep 20

Thanks@lindyloo421 for starting us on the final episode and thanks to everyone who participated with the rewatch. 

I appreciated this episode more on the rewatch since I didn't have the same emotions as I had when we watched it 2 years ago.  All I kept thinking is that we wouldn't see him for 2 years--and I kept looking at how much time was left.  At least now I can enjoy it even the photo of the cast and crew.

I thought if funny that the prosecutor told HJJ about the conmen too.  HJJ's father would have so proud to see him become a prosecutor; I really think I do think it's sad that the father died before seeing the man HJJ became.:bawling:  

I absolutely love the scene where Det Mimi meets HJJ in the building lobby--HJJ/LMH is so cute:kiss_wink:  I love that the conmen and Det Mimi became friends.  

And now we finally see how smart HJJ was to keep a journal.  We saw him with the journal a couple episode back, but it seems like some random scene, but now we understand.  

When SC and HJJ first meet, LMH"s eyes are interesting--no recognition, slightly cold. They did change slightly when SC said that she loved him.  

I loved the ending with HJJ relating to SC what he did to try to keep memories of SC alive.  I can't believe that I'm tearing up again.  I liked the simple ending how they lived simply, but happily.  And who can forget the LMH's tongue at the end?:innocent::tounge_wink::w00t:  Remember how we were all screaming about it on the LBS thread:D?

In closing, I did like how this drama mixed the serious/poignant moment followed by happy scenes.  More comments when we get to our favorites.

Remember next week DMZ!  I need to find the link to watch it.  

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Watching this show  I felt that there was no way he could ever be more handsome then he is in LOBS but these latest photos (second behind the scenes story etc  )  have proved me wrong!

Yes, I really felt OMGGGGGGGGGG !!!!! as seeing these photos. Soooooooooooo perfect ! :heart:

IMG00122.jpg?type=w1200

Isn't he like an Italian ?

IMG_3092_2.jpg?type=w1200

IMG_3524.jpg?type=w1200

Spoiler

IMG_3525.jpg?type=w1200

IMG00725.jpg?type=w1200

IMG_3178.jpg?type=w1200

How come even with clip on hair, still so handsome ?

IMG09810.jpg?type=w1200

• Like 5
  • Love 5

LOTBS Ep 20

Sigh. Watching this last episode along with seeing more photos from the mag shoot is just too much! I have LMH gorgeousness overload!

The last episode was so sweet. When I first watched this series I thought her homecoming and how JJ didn't seem to recognize her was too contrived to make us wonder if he would ever remember her. But this time I realized it would have been even odder if they had their reunion in front of the others who have no memory of her. It also made a lovely picture of the  umbrella sequence repeated to bookend their reunion from the first episode.

One of my favorite scenes is when he's confronting the conman and referencing the conman in the church gig. It made me laugh all over again remembering their belonging to the MENSA for conmen. Too funny!

I'm glad people have mentioned the wedding picture because I totally missed it in previous watchings. I would have enjoyed seeing a whole scene of their wedding. 

Loved the scene where he carries her off to bed; so romantic! And yes, enjoyed the french kiss.

The last shot of their sitting by the beach was so peaceful and complete. Sigh again.

• Like 8

LOTBS Ep20

Thanks all, absolutely agree with all your comments. Personally the ending of lotbs was the best for me out of all LMH’s dramas. Every second details were so well thought of including the wedding photos, the pink pearl ring, the journals and the dirty love. The drinking scene when HJJ said “I miss her” got me so emotional...so touching to see him drives to the sea for sunrise and sunset , and the way he stared out into the blue sea trying hard to recollect his memories was so beautiful.

Still my best Drama after all these years...after watching Lotbs it’s been really really hard to find another drama that I enjoyed as much as Lotbs.
Thank you HJJ for introducing me to LMH :heart:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

FKpmgvi.png

Spoiler

Thanks for all your comments! Cheers to us for completing our rewatch of LBS!

So Sim Cheong finally decided to leave. And when she bids everyone goodbye then extends her hand while the camera focuses on it, I'm thinking she's gone erasing everybody's memory of her. This is quite confirmed as she was surprised little Yoo Na still remembers her even after shaking her hand. 

Knowing Yoo Na's previous self of being a daughter of a fisherman and a mermaid, seems to give Sim Cheong hope of a happy ever after.

Isn't that pearl by Joon Jae's nightstand colored pink (hence happy tears)? Or it's just Joon Jae shirt?

4mgHBXE.gif

Lovely to see the boys still living under one roof, and now mom is with them cooking some delicious food for them.   

7y3P84P.gif

Hilarious as Joon Jae, of all places, comes back to the prosecutor's office for his internship. I had a good laugh watching him feign ignorance and denounce scam artists. It actually makes sense that he vows to catch bad guys like scam artists, as he used to be one and he knows the tricks of the trade - very well at that, that main prosecutor wonders why he knows too much. And Joon Jae acts like an adorable big kid when he runs towards Det Mimi in the lobby and they scuttle through the revolving door. :P

LWouHyh.gif

G15cxCh.gif

It's indeed nice to see the three buddies live reformed lives, with Det Mimi checking up on them. Who would have thought he would be drinking buddies with ex-con men. 

Ahh, we see drunk Jeon Jae yet again. This is just one of the unforgettable (and adorable) portrayals of LMH.

divnea0.gif

pPuLKBJ.gif

All these accounts of Joon Jae acting weird after "that" incident made we wonder whether he remembers or not. And when they finally met, and Joon Jae doesn't recognize her, I was like "crap, where do we go now from here?" 

2JOijh5.gif

But the drama got some trick up its sleeve and I love me some plot twist! Well, Joon Jae could have revealed to Sim Cheong, in front of the others, that he knows/remembers her, but I guess that would only invite questions from them. The revelation, I agree, should be done in a more dramatic and meaningful way between them two. And the way it was played, him extending a hand out to her, as they did that first night in Spain, was very nostalgic.

c5hMmbE.gif

Now the revelation on how he remembered. Morale of the story - take down notes! I love it that the simple act of writing down his memories actually saved them another lifetime of waiting and searching for each other! Good thinking Joon Jae.

vgg6gwd.gif

WlXo3zI.gif

1utzS7h.gif

Isn't it lovely that while waiting for her return, he prepared a house by the sea where they could live together? And is that a persimmon tree by the house, Se Hwa's (and Sim Cheong?) favorite fruit?

aSQ6FqF.gif

1UwNODs.gif

8gVUr8q.gif

Yup, they skipped showing us the wedding ceremony and instead showed us some hint of dirty love. Hah! Love it when he carried her to bed and when I saw that kiss, I had to play it again to make sure I saw what I thought I saw. Dirty love, it is. :P

PTKudtL.gif

Our pregnant couple was just a lovely sight to see. Them living a simple life by the sea is the perfect way of having a happy ending, as Joon Jae initially wished they would have. The ending scene of the couple sitting outside looking at the sea is simple yet breathtaking.  :heart:

tAV8zo9.gif

WTsIicd.gif

• Like 7
  • Love 1

LMH in LOTBS episode 20:

Thanks for all the comments and thanks for recapping together!  I'm glad to have had new friends join in along the way these 2 1/2 years.

It was a beautiful finish, leaving out only a few little bits that I would have wanted.  I have to say I was surprised that she actually erased HJJ's memories.  I had thought that we were learning all along that it's better to have your memories even if it is painful.  But instead we learn that their love is stronger than even memory.

f8e7c290d67a27087c907a32dedf656174f38268

Spoiler

ae20cc3d3187fec296843a3f14ed401013d425e8

3e05deeba9e82e94e6a7d502ec77daad26ba334a

4d249f6db015261766de735e269e1b7191cc58e0

5ee1a386ba9b45326af216cf007b95e4bd8ddcce

8062ce28d160c3c480fb95efe4518a7b939e33ae

cba771247b8ab2607a528d59bbd0f359bd28de0c

da4c2e99ac3752b6a9022fbed62937e4cd4eaa8c

• Like 7

cr:  

ICE Beyond_MinoBoiz_ICE

It's on ondemandkorea.com

Does anyone remember, was it only an hour?  I thought it was longer.

The week after we start Mackerel Run, which I started but never finished.  Has anyone watched all 8 ep?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CarolynH said:

It's on ondemandkorea.com

Does anyone remember, was it only an hour?  I thought it was longer.

The week after we start Mackerel Run, which I started but never finished.  Has anyone watched all 8 ep?

Hi @CarolynH, DMZ has 4 episodes of around 1 hour each. All episodes are in ondemandkorea.com.

I haven't watched any episode yet of Mackerel Run.

• Like 2

35 Korean Dramas You Subconsciously Watch When You Are Feeling Down

best-korean-dramas.jpg

Heart-fluttering Korean Romance dramas are as good as sweets and ice cream!

Survey says that a true K-drama fan has a saved list of comfort dramas, kept on all devices. When the going gets tough, those drama pills are summoned from its virtual location to cure its owner.

There are dramas that you watch as a yearly tradition or when you need to clear excess thoughts or emotions. Whether you are a nube or you have been watching on a regular basis, you have a special go-to drama list that you rely on. Especially at times when the currently airing dramas do not fit your palate.

Although a plethora of interesting genres have graced kdramaland through the years, romance stories remain to be the perennial favorites to satisfy your cravings.

The sighs, swoons, squeals, and the wish-we-can-be-those-lead-girl-moments are unexplained therapeutic stress pills that have sustained K-drama following. Fan service series maintains its popularity owing to its iconic sweet scenes and memorable love stories.

Sometimes, the heart-fluttering moments even spur a free pass for audience to forego bad plot as long as regular doses of bickering and saccharine frames are generously distributed each episode.

There are a lot of reasons why we love these kind of dramas. But it all boils down to its addictive drive that puts us on trance to watch it over and over again, without getting tired of it.

Here are some of the best comfort K-Dramas to brighten up your somber mood.

6. Boys Over Flowers (Lee Min Ho and Ku Hye Sun)

Boys Over Flowers

Almost Paradise… Yay! Lee Min Ho’s breakthrough performance that swept hallyuland like a storm during its run is adapted from a famous Japanese manga.

The Korean version gives a pretty depiction of the rich-boy-poor-girl love story by projecting an elaborated presentation of the wealth disparity of the main love couple. Sprinkling it with bromance and their side love stories cemented a victorious run for this youth drama.

Boys over Flowers is a great initiating drama to welcome you in K-dramaland.  It is feel-good, buoyant and everything perfect for a bingewatch.

12. Legend of the Blue Sea (Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun)

Korean Romance Dramas

The mermaid-conman romance gives us laugh fits and heart-fluttering moments consistently each episode powered by the love-fueled-mind-reading ability of the hero.

The writing is almost perfect save from that last episode auto pilot ending.  Nevertheless, Legend of the Blue Sea warms your heart with the overflowing love scenarios sketched in past and present timelines with reincarnation plot on the side.

26. Personal Taste (Lee Min Ho and Son Ye Jin)

Korean Romance Dramas

The cute twist of the heroine misconceiving her lead man to be homosexual plus the cohabitation ride that builds up the romance makes this Lee Min Ho and Son Ye Jin drama a must-add on your watch list.

Additionally, there are a lot of love and life lessons for women to learn on from this drama as the heroine provides her insights on how focusing on personal dreams should come first before frustrations.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : HelloKpop

• Like 5

On 11/8/2019 at 10:50 AM, syntyche said:

"I met Prince White on the street of Ginkgo Tree. 
Oh, it's not the prince, it's like you're the emperor?!

Surprised crossing # Out of the blue

I heard it's next year's SBS drama, but I heard that it's the motif of ginkgo trees, did you shoot this scene on the path of ginkgo trees?
I didn't know who he was or what he was doing. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry.# You look good 
All the people who gathered there #Wowoooo"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4ldF7mF7DC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing MORE of this picture. LMH looks "princely" here. He looks very rich in this 1st stills. LMH's riding pants are really tight - hahaha - it's really pleasing to the eye! I'm so enchanted by this sight..... aside from the autumn visuals - so stunning! Love the scenery, too! Picturesque! This picture reminds me of polo players. Although, this is not the 1st time I saw him riding a horse. But, LMH is so dashing! Really a King here! I'm smitten! Excited for this drama. Can't wait! :P

• Like 5