Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

21 minutes ago, Kris Silva said:

Gumawo chinggu @syntyche for all the updates !

Finally, some news on his new drama. I hope we get to see lots of BTS videos when shooting starts this October. 

And wow  another endorsement for our bboy... I'm so proud of our Hallyu king, he gets to represent S.Korea's own local products/services to the international market. And I am loving that photo of him... can't wait to see more.  

I googled Shinsegae Chosun and found this article:

http://koreabizwire.com/shinsegae-to-open-its-first-independent-hotel-in-seoul-this-week/121458

Btw, was this ever posted here? I wasn't aware,  but our boy updated his Facebook page after more than 2 years ! His last update was March of 2017. 

Hi Kris Silva, thanks for sharing this.  This hotel will be in good hands more - This is a new hotel that opened last year & just a short span of time they also opened another one in Jeju Island. It could emerge as one of the top three hotels on Jeju.  So, he's chosen as the new face of the Shinsegae Chosun Hotel. As far as I remember MXM is also one of their models. I heard that the Shinsegae Chosun Hotel will be expanding to Minneapolis, Jersey City, Atlanta, Houston, Los Angeles, and San Jose this year. LMH is expected to bring a synergetic effect. Its rival hotel is Hotel Shilla. Also, thanks for sharing the picture. :P

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing the good news. :P

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kris Silva said:

And wow  another endorsement for our bboy... I'm so proud of our Hallyu king, he gets to represent S.Korea's own local products/services to the international market. And I am loving that photo of him... can't wait to see more.  

I googled Shinsegae Chosun and found this article:

http://koreabizwire.com/shinsegae-to-open-its-first-independent-hotel-in-seoul-this-week/121458

L'Escape Hotel is one of hotels of Sginsegae Group.

According to the official website of Shinsegae Chosun Hotel : https://www.echosunhotel.com/intro.do

2 Westin Chosun Hotel in Seoul and Busan.

Spoiler

The Westin Chosun Hotel Seoul :

The Westin Chosun Hotel Busan :

29e2010ab1b8453b3e6520f319fc0953.jpg?s=1

And according to Wikipedia :
https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/신세계조선호텔

The history of Shinsegai Chosun Hotel can be traced back to 1914.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20190718 Lee Min Ho : Minoz FB updated.

https://www.facebook.com/1034581916582706/posts/2997975786909966?s=642228702&sfns=mo

“Shinsegae Chosun Hotel - Attracting foreign customers"
- Marketing with Hallyu star ‘Lee Min Ho’ for Shinsegae Chosun Hotel

Shinsegae Chosun Hotel will start attracting foreign customers in earnest.

Shinsegae Chosun Hotel (CEO Lee Yong-ho) will carry out various global star marketing campaigns for domestic and foreign consumers along with top stars representing hallyu.

Lee Min Ho, a global hallyu star, has been appointed as a promotional model for Shinsegae Chosun Hotel, to appeal domestic and foreign customers and increase brand awareness.

Lee Min Ho, who has become the new face of Shinsegae Chosun Hotel, plans to continue his active career as brand ambassador representing Shinsegae Chosun Hotel by participating in the hotel's Hallyu marketing activities, including the appointment ceremony and photo shooting at the Westin Chosun Hotel in Seoul and Busan, L’Escape Hotel as well as the inaugural Lee Min Ho event for Shinsegae Chosun Hotel's promotional model.

Meanwhile, Lee Min Ho, who marks the 13th anniversary of his debut this year, has been considered the most favored Korean actor in the hallyu region in an overseas survey conducted by the Korean Foundation for International Cultural Exchange, and has been consistently loved as a hallyu star by serving as ambassador for the Visit Korea Year from 2015 to 2018. It is also a good news for him to choose Kim Eun-sook's "Darking: The Eternal Lord" as his first film since return from the army.

"In order to attract foreign tourists, we will develop the hotel as a cultural space where people can share Korean culture and experience." said an official at Shinsegae Chosun Hotel.

http://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2019071809091037409&fbclid=IwAR00ojZnQEgP0kQTYYcDkCYBg_sRKfTNVvJVDQY3oNPVBvuKkPomCQEOeQ8

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Chinggu deul.... i have finished my first ff and while im in aff world i was so deeply drowned in all lee min ho fan fic.... it just make my fangirling disease got worst LOL... 

so .. lately i've been thinking that i want to write something avout him too... who is the most perfect pairing for him? The one that will make you scream hoorayyy!!!! When you see him pairing with in a drama or movie? Please let me know... thanks 

Lee Min Ho will have a Fan Meet in Shinsegae Chosun Hotel in Busan this September!

link: https://2mwt.net/central/leeminho-2019/

cr: Maminho

top.jpg

D_1EDekU0AA1wUE.jpg

PROMIZ Blog Updated 

JAMJAMBOX FUNDING STORY

There is a wonderful news I want to share.

Just last week, JAMJAMBOX Happy Bean Funding achieved 643%!

Read full blog:

https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=pmz2014&logNo=221589949075&proxyReferer=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FyY95C3f2wt%3Famp%3D1

190715_%EC%9E%BC%EC%9E%BC%EB%B0%95%EC%8A

• Like 4

cr:  as tagged

One of my favorite moments of episode 4.  Man, I'd like to tackle LMH.  I'm pretty sure that I can take him down even though I'm more than a footer shorter!

Spoiler

LBS EPISODE 4

I'm not sure that I appreciated the Joseon scenes at this point.  I came to appreciate them with the later episodes.  I love the relationship between HJJ's omma and Jin Joo.  I read in DB, but I never caught that Jin joo wanted to set up Chi Hyun with Shi Ah.  It still bugs me that only now that the Chairman is getting older that he thinks of HJJ.  Did he ever consider that HJJ needed him after HJJ left the house?  Pretty selfish, I think.  Now why does the 2nd wife know HJJ will be at the aquarium for his birthday but his real mother doesn't think to go there?  i totally identify with Cha Tae hyun when HJJ held the wallet above his head-lol.  And yes, again it totally bugs me that Chairman Heo got mad at the young HJJ when he wanted to meet his mother (who probably wouldn't be there anyways) at the aquarium.  It's mean when HJJ gives the mermaid the name "Shim Chung", but then cute when she loves it.   I feel bad for Si Ah when HJJ wouldn't eat cake.  She was nice enough to remember his birthday and buy a cake-so at least take a bite HJJ! Another reason that I like this episode-the introduction of Det. Hong-let the bromance begin!

• Like 3

Have to look out for those hotels in the US. Perhaps there will be photos of LMH? :P

Spoiler

This episode is fun as the couple gets to know each other again after several months. It must be making HJJ crazy not remembering her and not understanding why. I can imagine the frustration. I like their rapport during this time and Sim Cheong giving him the googly eye and hanging on to his coat, pretty cute. Also Tae Ho (?) getting dumbstruck by her when she told him her name is SC. He likes her. The trio is cute and now the detective makes his appearance. So HJJ rejects his family and their wealth to become a con-man. The intrigue begins. HJJ forgot the mermaid but yet as previously, he cannot abandon her. He must be remembering his life as Dam Ryeong unconsciously and DR love for the mermaid.  There is the connection between them that cannot be broken even though they are reincarnated. His mom and her boss relationship is hilarious.

• Like 4

I'm back.  I have a question for everyone ( I wish I could set up a poll).  I was discussing other roles  for LMH with someone and I decided to ask what your thoughts are on LMH taking on the role of a bad guy, such as a murderer or serial killer.  The person I had in mind was a serial killer in the US, Ted Bundy.  He was a good looking young man, I believe in law school or planning to attend.  He was on the list of suspects, but no one believed someone that looked like Ted Bundy could be a killer.  I wish for LMH to portray as many different characters and personalities as possible in his career.  I know, from GB, that some did not like the idea of LMH playing someone who was bad.  They saw him still as Kim Tan (ok, KT was a bully, but you get my drift).  Thoughts?  And remember, the real LMH is the one in the video below and who asks if he can return to his seat and if he can go to the bathroom-haha-such as cutie.

cr:  ICE Beyond MinoBoiz ICE

• Like 4

6 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I decided to ask what your thoughts are on LMH taking on the role of a bad guy, such as a murderer or serial killer.

He was already a murderer in GB, but I know what you mean.  A serial killer would be interesting. I don't know that I'd prefer to see him as a sociopath like Ted Bundy, although he could use his natural sweetness as part of the bait to attract victims.  It would actually be more heartbreaking to see him as a serial killer who is torn about what he does, driven by his obsession but who also yearns to be normal.  In either case I wouldn't be able to watch it over and over again like I do with his other works. Too creepy.

• Like 5

LOTBS, Ep 4

This series is so much fun as HJJ sees ordinary things in a new way through SC's eyes. The fireworks scene is a great example. I think that's part of the attraction for him. We also see his sweetness when he takes SC home with him. He's being protective of her but also still trying to figure out who she is and what's going on with his memory. Some of the scenes are just hilarious: the birthday cake scene, as well as his roommates complaining about him bringing someone else into the house.

I have to say that Sung Dong-il, who plays the villain, is just terrific in this series.  He's so repulsive in the Josean era with those horrible teeth and his leering gaze. And his quiet menace in the modern era is eerie. I just watched him in another series in a completely different role as a psychiatrist, no less. So I'm feeling a little admiration for his versatility. LMH always seems to be in shows with excellent actors around him. A nice tribute to him, not afraid of being outshone.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MsDot2 said:

He was already a murderer in GB, but I know what you mean.  A serial killer would be interesting. I don't know that I'd prefer to see him as a sociopath like Ted Bundy, although he could use his natural sweetness as part of the bait to attract victims.  It would actually be more heartbreaking to see him as a serial killer who is torn about what he does, driven by his obsession but who also yearns to be normal.  In either case I wouldn't be able to watch it over and over again like I do with his other works. Too creepy.

It’s interesting that you mention LMH playing Ted Bundy because there is an old film called Deliberate Stranger where Mark Harman played Bundy as a handsome charming man whose charisma lured his victims to their fate. I can totally see LMH playing that part. 

After watching LOTBS I think he would be brilliant if they ever remade any Cary Grant films like North by North West.

I am a bit late with this but wanted to say to Willenette thanks for explaining how the Korean TV viewing figures are worked out.

Oh this seems an exciting time to be an LMH fan!!

• Like 6

l27ycdv.gif

Spoiler

The drama makes an important point in the Joseon era part - that it is inherent in a mermaid's nature to come to land when she falls for a human. And as a mermaid can only love once in her lifetime, she stakes her life on that one love. This is apparent, as Se Hwa comes to land to meet Dam Ryeong. I guess, at this point, they are both rekindling their past romance as Dam Ryeong realized in the previous episode that he is in fact the long lost love of Se Hwa.

8R98jaj.gif

I only noticed now, too, that Jin Joo was trying to set up Shi Ah with Chi Hyun. That probably explains why Jin Joo calls out Shi Ah when she senses that she's meeting up or bringing food to Joon Jae.

X1trjQ6.gif

Funny scene with Cha Tae Hyun reaching up for his wallet. I think I can relate to him, too! And back in the aquarium scene, our Joon Jae was also towering over the employees. 

OZQK7Rz.gif

Fireworks scene. I felt a tad jealous of JJH having to topple LMH to the ground, with her hands all over his face. Haha. Funny scene yet again, as the mermaid sees the fireworks for the first time. And promise fulfilled, as she watches the fireworks with him, just as they've talked about back in Spain. Her excitement and marvel at this rather new phenomenon amuses Joon Jae.

RqoIx2W.gif

He feels guilty so he comes back for her and takes her to his home. Start of fun days at Joon Jae's house as she meets his con artist buddies.

SSRvrB7.gif

uUQEJwl.gif

zU8Ibi2.gif

9o3JAT9.gif

It's interesting that Joon Jae is feeling worried about a girl he just met, first when he came back for her and took her home, and now when she's left alone at his house. He even breaks his own rule of protecting oneself before others.

DWOzSFf.gif

• Like 6

11 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I'm back.  I have a question for everyone ( I wish I could set up a poll).  I was discussing other roles  for LMH with someone and I decided to ask what your thoughts are on LMH taking on the role of a bad guy, such as a murderer or serial killer.  The person I had in mind was a serial killer in the US, Ted Bundy.  He was a good looking young man, I believe in law school or planning to attend.  He was on the list of suspects, but no one believed someone that looked like Ted Bundy could be a killer.  I wish for LMH to portray as many different characters and personalities as possible in his career.  I know, from GB, that some did not like the idea of LMH playing someone who was bad.  They saw him still as Kim Tan (ok, KT was a bully, but you get my drift).  Thoughts?  And remember, the real LMH is the one in the video below and who asks if he can return to his seat and if he can go to the bathroom-haha-such as cutie.

As I've mentioned during our GB rewatch, I see a wide range of genre of movies, so I have no problem watching LMH in such material. With him portraying the role of a murderer or serial killer, that would be interesting, and a new challenge for him, considering the nature of his previous roles. But I'd also very much like to see him taking on such challenging roles - I believe that he has the potential to deliver, as we have seen in GB. However, I wouldn't be surprised if fans would feel uneasy, at the very least, seeing him on such a role that is deviant of his previous works. But sometimes, growth in an actor's craft also means breaking free from the stereotype roles. 

LMH, true to the adage, "If looks could kill." :P

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

Ha! Ha! double pun, and he takes a role as a serial killer. I think it will be good for LMH to challenge himself but I feel many of his fans especially the younger ones or those that love romantic comedies or keep away from violent American shows would object. He could lose those fans. Like @MsDot2 commented, she would only watch it once as it is too creepy. I personally would see it several times if it was well made. I did see the Mark Harmon version of Ted Bundy.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

but I feel many of his fans especially the younger ones or those that love romantic comedies or keep away from violent American shows would object. He could lose those fans.

Maybe he can do a movie as a serial killer or other villainous character, and follow that up with a tv series that includes action and romance. Just like the movie GB followed by the series LOTBS, he'd gain some fans who didn't know how well he can act and keep the old ones too. Whoever manages the roles he takes has been really smart, probably LMH in consultation with someone at his agency, with LMH of course having the final word. 

My own hopes for him in terms of roles are pretty simple. While I've enjoyed everything he's done, some of you may know that I'm a crazed "Faith" fan. I wish he'd do another role as a hero (or anti-hero) with longer hair! I think he'd still look terrific in that type of hairstyle.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, syntyche said:

As I've mentioned during our GB rewatch, I see a wide range of genre of movies, so I have no problem watching LMH in such material. With him portraying the role of a murderer or serial killer, that would be interesting, and a new challenge for him, considering the nature of his previous roles. But I'd also very much like to see him taking on such challenging roles - I believe that he has the potential to deliver, as we have seen in GB. However, I wouldn't be surprised if fans would feel uneasy, at the very least, seeing him on such a role that is deviant of his previous works. But sometimes, growth in an actor's craft also means breaking free from the stereotype roles. 

@syntyche:  That would be a great name for a movie!  It sounds vaguely familiar so there may have been a movie or TV movie with that name.  

I like LMH in more intense roles rather than rom com, although I was pleasantly surprised that he could his own, comedy-wise,  in LBS.  But I can totally see him as a single father struggling with two young kids.  There's potential for a lot of comedic moments.  I also like in him in action films because the way his body looks - long lean lines, but it will be compared to CH.  

What other roles would you like to see LMH accept?  Dr? (the waiting room would overflow with patients:D), lawyer? (hmm, there's been a lot of lawyer dramas--maybe a movie?) detective? ( this could be good with the right partner) politician? professor? (there would be a waiting list to get into that class!)

I hope we see him this week, even if he's doing some of his funky dance moves!:lol:

• Like 5

https://www.hellokpop.com/featured/lee-min-ho-k-drama-boyfriends-cures-stress/

How Lee Min Ho Has Been Gifting Fans With K-Drama Boyfriends That Magically Cures Stress Every Time

By abbyinhallyuland | July 21, 2019

Chances are that among the all-time favorite K-Drama picks from fans, a work from Lee Min Ho is normally (definitely) included.

That is expected given how the actor has never looked back since he broke mainstream success with Boys Over Flowers.

Lee Min Ho

(MYM Entertainment)

Adored by fans, Lee Min Ho has been returning the love he is getting through memorable projects in the last 10 years. As one of the most sought after Korean actors, he has an impressive portfolio of top-rating and popular series. In fact, his last six dramas had all hit double-digit average viewership rating, a feat that is rarely achieved by lead actors.

Additionally, he is one of the few actors who has won year-end drama awards given by the three biggest South Korean networks. Moreover, he usually pairs up with top actresses in a wide variety of roles and genres that cater to different audiences.

Something about Lee Min Ho dramas always call for some hot choco, warm blanket and me-time. From youth-oriented dramas to stories that career people can enjoy, he has been one of the very few actors with uncanny ability in giving justice to his roles.

Today, let’s take a trip to how the actor has perfectly captured fictional boyfriends that never fail to cheer us up every time when we need a therapeutic K-Drama binge.

Here it is… Lee Min Ho’s all-flavored sweet and healing drama beans.

K-Dramaland’s boy crush

Appearing on school and youth dramas is a rite of passage for Korean actors. Lee Min Ho is no exception having started bit and supporting roles in a slew of dramas taking student characters. Among the school dramas he appeared in, he had shaped the defining roles that opened opportunities for him as an actor.

Gu Jun Pyo in Boys Over Flowers

Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho’s breakout performance in Boys Over Flowers propelled him to stardom. The shojo manga based series has been adapted in films and television in Japan, China and Taiwan. While the latter is popular to middle-aged Asian drama aficionados, the Korean version has won the hearts of younger generation of fans in its own way.

At the time of its airing, such was the online fame of the series. Averaging 25.7% nationwide viewership, it inevitably became a household favorite in Korea and overseas.

When watched in the perspective of teens, Gu Jun Pyo is a heart-fluttering feast. Flash forward to three or more years since you last saw him, and you’d be surprised in a nostalgic attack. Like he found a way to stay in your system, albeit fictional, he somewhat left an imprint like how the boy you first loved in real life does.

Kim Tan in The Heirs

LMH_TheHeirs

Four years after the celebrated success of Boys Over Flowers, then 26-year old Lee surprised fans by picking a high school character role. His first collaboration with star writer Kim Eun Sook went on to become another hit series, averaging 16.7% nationwide viewership rating based on Nielsen.

The star-studded youth drama which depicted the struggles of children raised from uber rich families were represented by rising actors, who at present, have also successfully established their respective career as the most bankable actors at present. To recap, Kim Woo Bin, Kim Ji Won, Kang Ha Neul, and Park Hyung Sik are some of the cast members from The Heirs.

As Kim Tan, Lee Min Ho portrayed the second son of a chaebol family, who fell in love with the daughter of their housekeeper. Pairing up with Park Shin Hye, the actor made audience empathize to his rich-yet-lonely-life. At the same time, his swoon-worthy moments, of chasing after the girl who suited his heart well but did not fit in to his social status, were also a sweet delightful watch.

The actor who persevered with Career Defining Roles

Diligently working to dig deeper on his depth as an actor, it was no easy task for Lee Min Ho to transition in roles that would show otherwise – he is more than a handsome face. With that, he challenged interesting characters that would make him work on his craft even more.

Yoon Sung in City Hunter

Spoiler

Park Min Young

Owning his City Hunter role well, his first action-drama film generated another widespread following. It scored an average of 16%, effectively becoming another top-rating SBS drama in 2011.

Showcasing his stage combat skills, Lee endeared fans when he switched with the character’s humor. The emotional confrontation scenes with veteran actor Kim Sang Joong, who portrayed his foster father in the series, nostalgically proved how he has grown so much as an actor through the years. Adding to that, his on-screen chemistry with Park Min Young yielded solid support from K-Drama fandom.

Choi Young in Faith

Spoiler

Lee Min Ho _Faith

For his first historical drama, Lee Min Ho played the role of the King’s most trusted general. Starring opposite seasoned actress Kim Hee Sun, the Song Ji Na written drama was also his first foray to fantasy-themed series.

Portraying Choi Young, Lee’s manly charisma overflows while sustaining the authentic appeal of historical drama. It effectively engaged the audience with the slow burning yet lingering aftermath of the emotions of the love pairing. The SBS series is one drama you can watch at different age perspective, and still feels the gravitating pull of its romantic elements.

Hallyu’s favorite leading man

Following the continuous success of his dramas, Lee Min Ho strengthened his leading man status. Working with South Korea’s top actresses, the generous artist included trendy but well-written treats for his fans.

Jeon Jin Ho in Personal Taste

Spoiler

Korean Romance Dramas

The pressure was then high for Lee’s post-Boys-Over-Flowers drama. He did not disappoint and went on to appear opposite popular actress Son Ye Jin. Personal Taste signaled the actor’s shift to more mature roles. In the drama, he suited up as an architect, who ended up on a cohabitation contract with a clumsy furniture maker.

Even with Son’s five-year seniority, Lee hardworkingly worked his way to match the seasoned skills of the top actress. Thereby, proving his inescapable fate on becoming one of the most versatile actors.

Heo Joon Jae in The Legend of the Blue Sea

Spoiler

Lee Min Ho

After venturing in two films Gangnam Blues and Bounty Hunters, Lee Min Ho broke his three-year small screen hiatus, with anticipated love pairing with Jun Ji Hyun in 2017.

Threading on a fantasy-romance premise, Lee owned the role of mischievous con-man Heo Joon Jae, who fell in love with a mermaid. Their time-transcending romance rated high scores and generated impressive online raves. Along with that, like his other dramas, the series was released in multiple territories overseas.

Gearing up for his small screen comeback after completing military service, Lee is set to reunite with writer Kim Eun Sook. Through historical-fantasy series The King: The Eternal Monarch, he will next challenge dual roles in the ambitious parallel-world themed series. Eyeing early 2020 broadcast date, the actor will pair up with actress Kim Go Eun, who is most well-known for her lead role as Ji Eun Tak in tvN’s phenomenal hit Goblin.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1