Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Wow, you see from this BTS that LMH does his own stunts. Falling and jumping all over the cars is not easy. I can just feel "OUCH" when he kicks and lands the side of his body on to the top of the car and he has to do that a few times for retakes. The amazing thing is that is does not seem to hurt and he is up and about like this is no big deal. If it was me, I would be sore and bruised. :anguished:

I would really like to see LMH in another City Hunter like drama in the big screen with those bad richard simmons moves. It really suits him. Like a Jason Bourne. Of all modern (not saguek) fighting heroes, to me City Hunter is the best. There is another drama with a similar theme and same female lead that may be even more popular than City Hunter with the actor that is also in MS right now. However his fighting cannot beat City Hunter in style and finesse, just saying.

Spoiler

Now everything is coming to a head in episode 19. Young Joo removes LYS mask as the police cars zoom on to the scene. LYS looks resigned and expects to be arrested as he realizes that he has been caught red-handed but surprise Young Joo tells him to go. I really like the background music during this scene. It really adds to the mood of the scene. This was the same music when City Hunter was scaling down the wall after he was shot by Nana. It really gives you a surreal feeling.

LYS smoothly avoids arrest by throwing away his jacket and mask and coolly walks by the police. City Hunter is such a cool guy, smooth, unfazed and confident.

So now prosecutor and City Hunter is on the same team?

LYS later confronts Young Joo and asks why he let him go after trying to get him all this time. They talk and leave with an understanding that each has a role to play. I think Young Joo just wanted to prove to himself that he was right in thinking the LYS is City Hunter though he has no hard proof. He is a really sharp and excellent detective prosecutor. Once he knew, he was willing to let City Hunter go and continue his fight for justice and do things that Young Joo can't.

Someone helped Cheong Jae Man escape from the prosecutors office, Cheong Jae Man calls his captured goon's phone to talk to City Hunter and offer the Top Secret 2030 document. The goon angry at his ex-boss told YS that Jae Man was looking of a Lee Kyung Hee. That shocks YS as to his mother's role in the affair.  Jae Man also tries to blackmail the president about his affair with Kyung Hee and lets on to the shocked president that he has a 28 year old son with Kyung Hee. So everything is coming out in the open. President asks Nana for Kyung Hee's location and shows her that he has the same handkerchief that she does.

YS visits his mother but does not ask about Jae Man. YS then gets the idea to talk to the woman that knows his mother in the past to see if he could glean more information. She said that she heard that he had another man's child but married a different man. So now YS knows that Yeol Meol is not his father. He is shocked and remembers that Nana told him the president has a handkerchief from his mom. That his mom mentioned his dad hating beans and the president removing beans from his rice. He puts two and two together. Goes to his mom and asks her directly. YS is now totally shocked that he is the biological son of the president. He then asks his mom if Jin Pyo knew and she said "Yes" The look on his face was heartbreaking, the realization that he had been used by the person he loved and regarded as his father. That he had been regarded as a tool for revenge and against his own real father is just too painful to bear. He goes to Jin Pyo and confronts him and says that he found out the truth, he returns the bullet and said that Jin Pyo will pay for twisting his life. Is this the break up now between father and son?

Meanwhile Young Joo visits his ex-wife and asks her about YS, he tells her he knows what she did and that he accepts that CH plays a role that he cannot. He then looks at the sunflowers in a vase. It suddenly hits him about the significance of sunflower. He goes back checks the president's blog on his paintings and it fits the picture in Jae Man's belongings, plus other information, Young Joo gets that YS is the president's son. As I said Young Joo catches on quickly. He calls YS to meet at the coffee shop and asks him if revenge was the only reason YS became City Hunter. He was happy with YS's answer then he went to confront Jin Pyo accusing him of being unconscionable by kidnapping the president's son and training him to reek revenge finally on his own biological father without his knowledge. Jin Pyo retorted that Young Joo should reveal the people who turned their backs and doublecrossed their own soldiers for their own protection and gain. Young Joo said that he would reveal all and see Jin Pyo arrested very soon.

Jae Man sends the Top Secret book to Young Joo but changes his mind and asks the goons to retrieve it. Sae Hee is at Young Joo's house and receives the book but the goons come and take it from her. Young Joo rushes home and finds her tied up. Takes her to the hospital and they talk about reconciling. Young Joo gets a message from Jin Pyo as City Hunter telling him where the book is. He rushes there and sees Jae Man who set a trap for Jin Pyo but Jin Pyo sent Young Joo there instead. YS is also heading to the junkyard and he finally discovered the location of Jae Man. He rushes there and gets into a fight with Jae Man's men at the junk yard. Wow, great kicks and badass moves, totally cool. City Hunter is in great form.  Young Joo is told where the book is and Young Joo leaves and tries to get to the crusher where the book is hidden. The goons fight and beat him down. Then they hear the commotion below. Young Joo guess it is City Hunter and texts him the location of the book. YS turns back from going upstairs and rushes to the car crusher to retrieve the book. Meanwhile Young Joo locks the door to prevent Jae Man and the goons from leaving the room. They attack Young Joo. They beat him to the ground still Young Joo grabs Jae Man's leg and arrests him and tries to keep him from leaving . One of the goons give Young Joo a crushing blow to the back of the head and he falls to the ground. Jae Man's reveals that he is going to the port and rushes away. YS sees them leave and notices Young Joo is not chasing after them, he goes up and find Young Joo barely alive. He asks YS if he retrieved the book and said Jae Man was escaping through the port. He pleads that YS catches Jae Man, reveal the truth of 1983 and forgive Young Joo's father and he dies which YS yells for him to get up. So brave and upright Young Joo gives up his life and his love for justice and the law.

• Like 5

cr:Adnana J

Spoiler

There's still time to volunteer to host episode(s) of Faith!  PM me if you are interested.  There's no right or wrong way of hosting.  If you want to host one episode, that's fine too.  If you want to sub, we'll take you!  Faith starts in 2 weeks!

Spoiler

CITY HUNTER EPISODE 19

Thanks @CallieP for the recap and comments.  And  a big thanks:thumbsup:for hosting episodes from City Hunter!

Thank you Prosecutor Kim to allowing City Hunter to escape.  I think the prosecutor knows that CH also has done good.  I can't believe that it's so easy for Jae Man to escape.  Yas!  the bromance between prosecutor and LYS!  I like how Sang Jin is also on LYS's side.  All the loose ends are coming together with LYS and prosecutor finding out how LYS's omma is involved.  LHM looks cute with the surgical cap, but shouldn't all his hair be under the cap?  Poor LYS when he found out the Jin Pyo knew all along that the President was LYS's father.  I think Jin Pyo really does love LYS, remember how proud he was when LYS got into MIT?  Aww, I love ahjussi fussing over LYS like a mother hen:heart:.  Aw, I also love the prosecutor and vet getting back together.  I didn't pay attention to it when I've watched CH in the past, but yeah, that scene as the prosecutor was leaving the hospital to meet CH meant something bad would happen to him, just when it looked as though his life, at least personal, was taking a turn for the better.  I could not watch the scene when the prosecutor is beaten to death.  It's one of those scenes that I can watch only once because it's too painful.  I did like CH/LMH's fight scene in the junkyard.  It's those long legs of his that make his fight scenes so great.  Ugh, the music when the prosecutor dies is haunting--i'm trying hard not to watch.  Oh god, he's all bloody:bawling:  @syntycheAre you screaming/crying?  Did you see it coming?

My overall comment:  A great episode, but oh so hard to watch when the Prosecutor dies.  I'm glad that I didn't have to host this episode.  I like and admire that a main character died, more realistic than everyone lives happily ever after.  Sometimes bad things happen to good people.  

• Like 6

LMH in City Hunter episode 19:

Thanks for all the comments!!

Aaaahhh!  We're  finally getting to the bottom of this horrid revenge plan.  Who will get the happy ending??

I, too, think that the soundtrack adds a lot to the atmosphere and mood of this show.

tumblr_pcm0i5TLJE1w2zf0ho1_540.png

tumblr_pcm0i5TLJE1w2zf0ho2_540.png

This really is the prosecutor's episode:

Spoiler

tumblr_pcm0i5TLJE1w2zf0ho3_540.png

Soooo much foreboding here :(:

tumblr_pcm0i5TLJE1w2zf0ho4_540.png

tumblr_pcm0i5TLJE1w2zf0ho5_540.png

tumblr_pcm0i5TLJE1w2zf0ho6_540.png

I couldn't help from crying.  CH calls him "inflexible and no fun," but Young-joo is honorable and smart and that's worth CH's respect.

tumblr_pcm0i5TLJE1w2zf0ho7_540.png

It's kinda crazy to think that our BB will be finished with his service in April.  He probably already knows what his next project will be.

• Like 6

Ministry Of National Defense Announces Plans To Gradually Reduce Length Of Mandatory Military Service

lee-min-ho-taecyeon-ji-chang-wook-daesun

The Ministry of National Defense has announced its plan for the reduction of the length of mandatory military service, starting with soldiers whose discharge date is planned for October 1.

The reduction is to take place gradually over three years, with one day reduced every two weeks. In the end, those who enlist on June 15 of 2020 will be discharged after 18 months of service — three months less than they would serve now.

On July 27, the Ministry of National Defense included its plan for the execution of the reduction of military service time in its ‘Defense Reform 2.0,” which was sent to President Moon Jae In.

The period of service for those in the army and the Marine Corps is currently 21 months, and it will be reduced by three months to 18 months. Those who serve in the navy are currently discharged after 23 months, and the time will gradually be reduced to 20 months.

Those in the air force currently serve for 24 months. As there was a one month reduction of their service time in 2004, the time will now be reduced by only two months.

Public service workers’ time will be reduced from 24 months to 21 months, and the required time for skilled industry personnel on reservist duty will be reduced from 26 months to 23 months.

For those in the army, the reduction of military service time will begin with those who enlisted on January 3, 2017. They would have originally been discharged on October 2, but they will now be discharged one day earlier on October 1.

Following this, service time will be reduced by one day every two weeks. Therefore people who enlisted on January 17, 2017 will be discharged on October 14 of this year (rather than their formerly planned date of October 16). Those who enlisted on January 31, 2017 would have been discharged on October 30 of this year, but they will now be discharged three days earlier on October 27.

The Ministry of National Defense stated, “Those who are enlisting today [July 27] will be discharged on March 16, 2020, which is 41 days earlier than the originally planned discharge date of April 26.”

The gradual reduction of service time will end with those who enlist on June 15, 2020, as they will be discharged after 18 months of service on December 14, 2021.

In response to concern from some people that a reduction in the period of military service would lead to a weakening of the military’s power, the Ministry of National Defense has stated that there will be no such issue.

“Our cutting-edge military strength will be reinforced and positions that require proficiency will be replaced with noncommissioned officers,” it stated. “In order to allow soldiers to focus only on combat duty, there will be a minimization of their non-combat duties.”

It continued, “The reduction in military service time will relieve some of the burden of military service on young people, who are experiencing difficulties in areas such as their studies and finding a job. Servicemen entering society earlier will contribute to the effective utilization of our national human resources.”

The reduction in military service time will take effect following the National Assembly Defense Commitee’s report, a vote through a Cabinet meeting, and approval from the President.

The reform plan also includes an increase in salary for soldiers, the possible implementation of permission to use cell phones after finishing daily work, and more.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/27/ministry-national-defense-plans-gradually-reduce-length-mandatory-military-service/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

VhW5BrZ.gif

Spoiler

AQzu6ir.gif

We're into the final stretch of City Huner, and the scenes are getting so exciting, that I had to hug my pillow while watching this episode. :lol:

Yoon Sung is so kickass when Young Ju pulled off his mask. He didn't even budge, didn't even blink (I once saw a video of LMH having fun playing a staring contest with a camera/cameraman. He could actually keep his eyes from blinking for quite a long time, and I think that serves him an advantage when playing scenes like this). But he actually managed to escape in the middle of the road, with cops in cars behind him, who didn't chase him as soon as Young Ju let him go? But I don't want him to get caught, so good enough. :D

When the President advises Chun to turn himself in, I see a parallelism with Yoon Sung who upholds what is right and just. I guess that aside from the dislike of beans, Yoon Sung got that as well from his biological dad.

pE7SGw4.gif

During the scene when his omma finally confirms who his real father is, Yoon Sung was actually more shocked when he learned that Jin Pyo knew about it all along (we could tell by LMH's spot-on teary eyes). Learning about this must be heartbreaking for him, considering that in the previous episode, he even rushed to save Jin Pyo from the goons who beat him up, and even stood back-to-back with him, as if to tell, "it's you and me against the world." Since he is not really Jin Pyo's bestfriend's (Moo Yeol) son, it does appear that Jin Pyo only raised him as a weapon for revenge. And then eventually turn him against his own real father.

ne01ZPL.gif

I noticed this signature fight move of Yoon Sung in this drama. I don't know what it's called but it's when he leans on his side with his hand supporting his body weight and then kicks with both feet. He did it during the mud scene in the second (?) episode, fight scene with spoon, fight scene at the staircase of Nana's apartment, and then on the cars in this episode. How can LMH still look dashing and statuesque while fighting off several goons? He walked in that junkyard like he's on a runway. ;) And to think that he does his own stunts just blows me away.

9Uh0G4l.gif

CTrgV85.gif

hiqqNmm.gif

The upright Young Ju finally realized his and the law's limitations, and appreciated what the City Hunter can do beyond those limitations. And for him to ask for Yoon Sung/City Hunter's forgiveness for his father is meaningful, as he recognizes the validity of Yoon Sung's revenge. In the hospital scene, it was nice of him and Sae Hee to have those sweet moments. But as he was leaving, I thought, if he turns around and throws that tender look at Sae Hee, and accompanied by dramatic lighting and stuff, then something BAD is going to happen to Young Ju. Hah. I was right. This is what I get from watching too much movies and dramas.:lol:

• Like 6

10 hours ago, syntyche said:

The reform plan also includes an increase in salary for soldiers, the possible implementation of permission to use cell phones after finishing daily work, and more.

Isn't LMH allowed to use his phone either cell or home phone after work when he is home?

4 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

20180731 on duty :

Reveal hidden contents

a986b668gy1ftsq5t5p86j20v91jgqv5.jpg

a986b668gy1ftsq5vxs6lj20v91jokjl.jpg

a986b668gy1ftsq63orcij20v918he81.jpg

cr as tagged

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing TODAY's pictures. :lol:

On 7/30/2018 at 11:23 AM, CallieP said:

Isn't LMH allowed to use his phone either cell or home phone after work when he is home?

Hi CallieP,  this only refers to those active-duty soldiers, those who are inside the camp. This is the reason why during basic training, on the Day 1 inside the camp, all unnecessary items they brought in are returned back home. Prohibited items are mobile phones aside from MP3 & jewelries. Recruits can communicate with their family & loved-ones during weekends especially SUNDAY or on breaks through a letter – they could call but it’s a collect call. This is also the reason why military restricts soldiers access to the public even to their family & loved-ones, causing concern among military leaders that high military secrets could be leaked. I heard that mobile phones now are allowed inside the military but it depends on the base where they're stationed. A lot of bases now have regular Internet access, although a lot of them (particularly those on the front line) still do not have.  Completely free Internet access is generally not available, given the understandable security concerns.

I'm sure during LMH's basic training he has no mobile phone access while inside the camp but after the four-week basic training is over, he's surely free to use the phone since his training schedule is over. But, as far as I know, the Ministry of National Defense distributed mobile phones to military barracks since year (2015). They distributed one mobile phone for a group of eight to 10 soldiers in a barrack to share so that they could use it during free periods after working hours or during weekends. For security reasons, the phones was programmed only to receive calls and will not be smartphones. The military explained that soldiers will be able to send text messages to ask their relatives to call them. The military plans to test-run the phone service in frontline units first before expanding it to other barracks nationwide. :lol:

• Like 3

Seeing this graphic makes me really, really, really want to see LMH and PBY together again!

tumblr_pcsw6wfgus1w2zf0ho1_r1_1280.png

https://www.soompi.com/2018/08/01/top-korean-celebrities-among-international-k-drama-fans-july-2018/

Her July 30 interview for Section TV was a lot of fun too:

While watching a scene of her and Lee Min Ho from ‘Secret Campus,’ Park Bo Young covered her face in embarrassment. She commented, “I apologize to Lee Min Ho for unintentionally bringing up his past. It was unintentional.”

Park-Bo-Young1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/2018/07/30/park-bo-young-talks-impact-scandal-makers-career-kiss-scene-jo-jung-suk/

• Like 6