Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

SBS website updated

The King: Eternal Monarch
Introducing the Characters

Yi Gon, 33 years old. Emperor of the Korean Empire: Yi Gon

He is the third emperor of the Korean Empire. A perfect monarch with a graceful appearance, a graceful figure, a quiet personality, quiet, error-free, sensitive

ESafXFMUEAEJA4e?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/theking/cast/63972

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

a218149e2d5a4e75886c1ab47866da36.jpeg?s=

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Introduces Characters Of Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan, And More

SBS has shared a glimpse into the characters that will make up Kim Eun Sook’s new drama “The King: Eternal Monarch.”

After releasing the first teaser for the drama last week, SBS has now shared insight into the characters who will be played by a star-studded cast including Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan, and more.

Lee Min Ho will take on the role of Lee Gon, the third generation emperor of Korea. The citizens see him as a man of sophistication, having good looks and a calm demeanor, and a perfect ruler. However, Lee Gon is quiet, sensitive, compulsive, and hates when other people touch him. To him, the palace is the safest place on earth, but also the most dangerous as he saw a plot of treason against his father unfold there when he was eight.

He has no thoughts of getting married or carrying on the lineage, preferring to escape the palace from time to time by participating in academic symposiums. He was on such a trip when he finds himself in an unfamiliar place but facing a familiar face. He recognized Jung Tae Eul because it was her ID card he had picked up when he was eight, the night that his father was killed in a conspiracy.

(other characters)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1386933wpp/the-king-eternal-monarch-introduces-characters-of-lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun-woo-do-hwan-and-more

More comprehensive character description of Lee Gon

cr: sabss_XD Twitter

Mandarin translation credit to: 鐵杆蚊子.

He's the 3rd generation king of the Korean empire. Even his name is symbolic of an emperor's robe (note: the character "Gon" resembles a word to mean robes adorned by the ancient emperors). In the eyes of the people, he has a beautiful appearance, extraordinary charisma, quiet disposition, well versed in both the pen and sword - the perfect monarch. However in reality he is taciturn, doesn't make mistakes, sensitive and has a bit of an obsessive compulsive disorder. 

The hottest part of the flame is blue - Gon is such. Too blazing so much so as he is indifferent. He never drinks water untested for poison & it is an absolute taboo to have physical contact with him. To Gon, the palace is both the safest haven and the most dangerous battlefield. Gon thinks that the palace will lead him to his death anytime, like what it did to his father. He witnessed a rebellion at age 8, a night he couldn't forget, unable to forget. Since then he has been an emperor who's ready for battle every night when he sleeps. 

He's neither interested in marriage nor having descendants, but he sometimes ends up in rumours with Cho Young who follows him around, and with the female prime minister who reports national politics to him weekly. He prefers criticism to biographies of the great, he prefers the accuracy in numbers to the equivocal nature of language - he's the typical sciences guy. So he escapes from the palace often, be it serving in the navy for 2 yrs or participating in academic conferences around the world - it is his form of escapism.

Gon is unable to understand what's happening - it used to be a normal road. But the slight difference in the air & architecture which doesn't conform to his memory. Most importantly, the woman before him doesn't know that he's the emperor of the Korean empire. Is this really a parallel universe? Have I arrived at the world between 1 and 0? But this woman.. is a familiar face. "Seoul Dept Police. Guard. Jung Tae-il" - this was on the identity card that 8yo Gon picked up on the night of the rebellion. 

Architect Buckminster Fuller once said "When I am working on a problem, I never think about beauty but when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." Maybe, i'll need to solve this problem with this woman. And perhaps, the solution will be beautiful. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=minho&no=682943

English translation is according to Chinese translation by 何夕.

(The last 2 paragraphs are the supplements by OP)

Masks were required before the start of the filming, and more than 30 children also wore masks.

The interior of the palace is particularly large. The space that His Majesty is going to live in is so beautiful, so I was especially looking forward to Lee Gon coming out of that space. Because it was a formal occasion, he wore a royal suit, not a uniform. Well, the dress that appeared in the trailer—the one worn by the king—had Lee Gon's intention. But the color was different, it was another color, he is the emperor himself, so handsome ! The protectors (parents) of other children were also fascinated, and the fathers also lamented that he was really like a king.

When facing the children, he was the king of infinite kindness. When not filming, he might think that the children who reciting the lines were very cute and couldn't stop laughing...... When the first time I came to the filming site, he came over and  his clothes fluttered, I looked at him and my heart seemed to stop.

The color of the clothes is not the color we are familiar with. In the previous TV series, the king wore red, yellow, blue, and black, but unlike these colors. People praised LMH that he's really shining and had a great figure, especially his temperament. The staff are also very kind to the children.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

K-Dramas to Reach Netflix in 2020

The King: Eternal Monarch

Episodes: 16

Date of airing in South Korea: April 17, 2020 

Network: SBS

Netflix release date: April 18, 2020 – June 7, 2020 

Airing time: TBA

Cast : Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan, Kim Kyung Nam, Jung Eun Chase

ESwRnoxVAAAXlSl?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://newsdio.com/k-dramas-will-reach-netflix-in-2020/66713/

It seems that 'The King' would start to be available on Netflix a day after its premiere on SBS on April 17 :)

• Like 6

Kpop, film and literature are the first things that make most foreigners think about Korea. 

But most notable is Lee Min Ho. Although on hiatus for the past 2 years due to military service, he's still remembered and became a "protective wall" on the hearts of fans around the world. 

ESwdfnZUEAU1hAX?format=jpg&name=small

https://www.yan.vn/GoogleAMP/AmpIndex/223688?

• Like 5

Thanks @syntyche ! His voice is insane.  our king is so handsome my heart is jumping out... now I’ll have to hit the replay button for another hundred times . What an interesting story and the CG plus background is amazing ..looks like a movie. 

• Like 10

Watch: Lee Min Ho Asks Kim Go Eun To Come To His World In “The King: Eternal Monarch” Teaser

Mar 11, 2020
by L. Kim
b7d1b9d801104db3b8e49db93312e6fd.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” has released an intriguing new teaser!

Written by Kim Eun Sook, “The King: Eternal Monarch” is about two parallel universes of a monarchy and a democracy. Lee Min Ho will play Emperor Lee Gon who tries to close the door between the two worlds, while Kim Go Eun will take on the role of detective Jung Tae Eul who works with the emperor to protect people’s lives.

The new teaser begins with Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun meeting in the middle of a brightly illuminated city. He is sitting on a gallant white horse as she gazes up at him from a safe distance. He suddenly charges over and pulls her into a tight embrace, causing her eyes to widen as her mouth opens in shock.

Her voiceover asks, “Did you really come from a different world?” The scene switches to Lee Min Ho riding his white horse through a mysterious forest where he vanishes through a lofty arch with his voiceover, “The reason I survived, is it here?”

Kim Go Eun then firmly states to Lee Min Ho, “You act like you know me, but I don’t know you,” while he mysteriously comments, “Just like how I’m not here, you weren’t in my world either.” Kim Go Eun does not seem easy to convince as she is someone “who still doesn’t believe the earth is round.”

The clip ends with Lee Min Ho saying, “Come with me to my world.”

“The King: Eternal Monarch” is set to premiere in April.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387688wpp/watch-lee-min-ho-asks-kim-go-eun-to-come-to-his-world-in-the-king-eternal-monarch-teaser

• Like 8

LMH IG Update

"The King" Teaser 1 ENG subs

Lee Min Ho Wants Kim Go Eun In His World In The 2nd Video Teaser Of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Spoiler

PhotoGrid_1583936803052-660x400.jpg

THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH FLASHES ITS MAIN LEADS IN ITS SCENIC SECOND VIDEO TRAILER

A surprise hug, a warm gaze and an invitation between Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun hint the hefty romance to expect in The King: Eternal Monarch.

Spoiler

20200311_214252.jpg

On March 11, SBS unveiled another video snippet of its highly-anticipated series. In the video, Lee Min Ho’s character Lee Gon is shown riding a white horse and disappearing in a forest.

Another scene shows him embracing Kim Go Eun’s character Jung Tae Eul, who was perplexed on the hug she received from the stranger.

The scene shifts to a beautiful Autumn picture. Lee gazes warmly at the sight of Kim fixing her hair. At the next scene, Lee Gon faces Tae Eul. “Come with me, to my world,” he says.

Spoiler

20200311_214312.jpg

20200311_223025-768x432.jpg

Based on the initial story sketch, the series features two settings following its parallel universe concept. It is also billed to showcase romantic moments for the main leads.

Aside from its lead pair, Woo Do Hwan (Tempted) and Jung Eun Chae (The Guest) are expected to provide vibrancy to the story through their characters.

20200311_222209-768x428.jpg

Spoiler

20200311_222154-768x427.jpg

Set to play two characters, Lee Min Ho suits up as Korean emperor who is trying to close the dimension to ward off the villain intent to wreak havoc in the kingdom he leads.

His other role in the parallel world struggles to protect the people he loves from the projected antagonist.

Following Lee Min Ho’s dual portrayal, the same challenge will be tackled by Kim Go Eun. She suits up for contrasting characters in the two parallel words.

In Korean empire she portrays criminal Luna. Meanwhile, in the Republic of Korea world, she is Jung Tae Eul, a detective who will team up with Lee Min Ho’s character Lee Gon.

Previously, SBS released its first teaser featuring Lee Min Ho. It has swept real-time search ranking. Just recently, the actor has shared it on social media.

20200311_215158-768x486.jpg

The King: Eternal Monarch will be broadcast in April.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/the-king-eternal-monarch-lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun-second-video-teaser/

The second teaser video has received more than 420,000 views since it was released on Naver TV. The first teaser video released earlier also has more than 760,000 views, proving interest in the drama.

2020031210090617663_1583975346.jpg

https://mnc.asiae.co.kr/ampview.htm?idxno=2020031209523134513&idxno=2020031209523134513&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Lee Min Ho travels across dimensions to find Kim Go Eun in 2nd teaser clip for SBS's 'The King: Eternal Monarch'

1583970989-20200311-theking.jpg

SBS's upcoming blockbuster fantasy-romance 'The King: Eternal Monarch' has recently released its 2nd teaser clip, painting a complex plot between lead actor Lee Min Ho and lead actress Kim Go Eun!

Set to premiere some time this April, 'The King: Eternal Monarch' is the newest project by hit scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook of 'Secret Garden', 'The Lonely and Great God', 'Mister Sunshine', etc. The story tells the story of a king with the power to travel across different dimensions, and his fateful encounter with a detective.

Lee Min Ho takes on the role of a mysterious king from another dimension, Lee Gon. Kim Go Eun plays the role of a hardworking, sometimes cynical detective, Jung Tae Eul.

source : allkpop

• Like 6

2nd teaser for the king

20200311_2324095082804882560016073.jpg?w

These few scenes in the latest teaser for The King are so eerily similar to Goblin. Not in a bad way since I loved Goblin. Lee Min Ho is looking more mature and composed while I’m happy as long Kim Go Eun doesn’t play another whiny teenager. Does appear pretty epic and I’m gonna check this out because I like the leads very much.

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2020/03/12/2nd-teaser-for-the-king/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2020 at 4:17 PM, syntyche said:

"The King" teaser 2 is released!

"Let's go together, to my world"

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing MORE - The teaser has tons of hugs, staring warmly & LMH riding that white horse. It continues to excite me & he is so gorgeous in his visuals. I hope his comeback drama will be a HIT! Ahhh.........why this obsession with ratings, huh? The drama has all the elements to become a huge hit, anyway. The teaser is good, looks interesting & the scenery is beautiful. The drama should be good first, right? :lol: And it is GOOD!

• Like 7

Something that I looked forward to when watching LBS, was the press con.  I'm wondering if it will be cancelled due to the corona virus.  :(  I understand the reason, but I'd still be disappointed.  I'll ask the same question on the King thread.  

@SophieH:  so how many times did you watch teaser #2 lol:lol:

• Like 4

Lee Gon is prince-like with that white horse :wub:

wUq1rRl.gif

So these are the gates to the different dimension.

mHGQmeS.gif

Excited to see more. Hopefully they'd still push through with the press conference, but of course with everyone's safety in mind.

• Like 3