Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

5 hours ago, pixie0622 said:

How do you do it, Mino-ya???

i am not surprised that his IG followers jumped all too sudden....he must have the most followers per post in the whole world, don’t you think?

—————————

I know I am not supposed to comment on other celebs here. BUT....this most recent scandal really affected me.  And it’s so close to our hearts because our bb was/is also quite smitten with her.  I just hope our bb doesn’t rush to get married....

Hi @pixie0622! These are lovely photos! He does gain thousands of new followers every time he updates his IG. And he only has less than 100 posts! Imagine how many millions more he'll gain if he updates more often.

This news is so sad for the kdrama world. I do remember reading somewhere that she is bb's ideal girl? And he wants to work with her someday. I hope, too, that he doesn't get married soon, and he'll find his love to last.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, syntyche said:

Hi @pixie0622! These are lovely photos! He does gain thousands of new followers every time he updates his IG. And he only has less than 100 posts! Imagine how many millions more he'll gain if he updates more often.

This news is so sad for the kdrama world. I do remember reading somewhere that she is bb's ideal girl? And he wants to work with her someday. I hope, too, that he doesn't get married soon, and he'll find his love to last.

Hi syntyche, I hope for that, too - that LMH could find someone who could love & take care of him MORE. A girl who's not a playgirl;, a girl who isn't involve from one man to another in case he landed someone from the same industry where he's in. I want a girl for him who's loyal, in other words - a wife-material for him! :P

• Like 4
  • Love 1

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005330106

[SBS Star] Lee Minho Proves His Soaring Popularity with a Rapidly Increasing Number of Social Media Followers

201329044_1280.jpg

Actor Lee Minho is receiving more love and support from fans than ever these days. On June 22, Lee Minho welcomed his 32nd birthday and fans flooded his Instagram with congratulatory messages. Later that day, he posted a picture of him surrounded by gifts from fans with the caption in English, "Thank you everyone. This birthday felt special all thanks to you."

201329045_1280.jpg

Recently, fans started leaving congratulatory messages on his Instagram again, but not for his birthday. This time, they have been congratulating him for exceeding 10 million followers on Instagram. Soon after his birthday, another zero had been added on to the number of his followers.

201329042_1280.jpg

After Lee Minho completed his national mandatory duty in April, he has been engaging a lot with his Instagram followers. He has been sharing lots of photos of himself from his trips and daily life, and he even turned on the live broadcast for the first time just the other day. It certainly seems like he succeeded in turning many non-fans into his followers with these posts.

201329043_1280.jpg

Meanwhile, Lee Minho confirmed to return with a new fantasy romance drama 'The King: the Eternal Monarch' (literal translation), which is set to be released in the second half of the year.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

https://news.sbs.co.kr/news/endPage.do?news_id=N1005330106

[SBS Star] Lee Minho Proves His Soaring Popularity with a Rapidly Increasing Number of Social Media Followers

201329044_1280.jpg

Actor Lee Minho is receiving more love and support from fans than ever these days. On June 22, Lee Minho welcomed his 32nd birthday and fans flooded his Instagram with congratulatory messages. Later that day, he posted a picture of him surrounded by gifts from fans with the caption in English, "Thank you everyone. This birthday felt special all thanks to you."

201329045_1280.jpg

Recently, fans started leaving congratulatory messages on his Instagram again, but not for his birthday. This time, they have been congratulating him for exceeding 10 million followers on Instagram. Soon after his birthday, another zero had been added on to the number of his followers.

201329042_1280.jpg

After Lee Minho completed his national mandatory duty in April, he has been engaging a lot with his Instagram followers. He has been sharing lots of photos of himself from his trips and daily life, and he even turned on the live broadcast for the first time just the other day. It certainly seems like he succeeded in turning many non-fans into his followers with these posts.

201329043_1280.jpg

Meanwhile, Lee Minho confirmed to return with a new fantasy romance drama 'The King: the Eternal Monarch' (literal translation), which is set to be released in the second half of the year.

Oh no! The SECOND half of 2020?!

• Like 1

Hello all!

A big welcome back to my homie @pixie0622.  First, @kiklaminHo, now you!

Thanks for the photos everyone!:kiss_wink:.  My favorite was the photo of LMH taking a bite of a dumpling and the contents spilling out.  I had to watch it several times.  What a goofball!  Was that a soup dumpling?

On 6/25/2019 at 10:13 AM, Lindyloo421 said:

Whenever I read anything about LMH on koalaplayground the main article is always fine - but a lot of the comments are really horrible. And it’s the same people putting the awful  comments each time. I accept not everyone is his fan but why be so nasty? 

@lindyloo421:  Unfortunately, be a fan of LMH means you need to develop a thick skin.  LMH must have the skin of a sperm whale (yeah, I googled animals with thick skin lol) to be somewhat unaffected.  But even after 4 years (yikes, has it been that long?) following LMH, it still irritates and frustrates me that so many have negative comments about LMH.  

5 hours ago, msdot said:

Oh no! The SECOND half of 2020?!

@msdot:  I think it meant second half of 2019, although we heard the "first part" of 2020.  I hope that was just a mistake; 2nd half of 2020 would be too long to wait unless he worked on some other project before The King.  

cr:  Viki Global TV

And, it is LBS episode 1 week!  No recaps, so provide your comments whenever you are ready.  If you're going to discuss characters other than LMH, please place your comments in the spoiler.  Thank you!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I love seeing Minoz FALCON 's photos.Missed them so much!!!

Hola to my girl @pixie0622 .Welcome back :kiss_wink:

@CarolynHthank you for your welcome my friend.

hahaha I had a big laugh watching Minho taking a bite from his dumpling(?).

Thought that happens only to me in full display for others to see me.:))

LoL I like Minho because he never stopped to be a child and real to his roots.He never pretends that he is something else.

• Like 5

Hola tambien chingu @kiklaminHo :kiss_wink: 

We’re the same...I love that uri bb still has his “3-yr old” antics no matter how formal Or somber the image he wants to project :lol: New fans may think he’s trying to imitate the younger idols but if they go back to his old videos and interviews, they would realize that LMH is the original “pabo” to his fans :P

That squirting dumpling is called Xiao Long Bao which has chicken or pork broth inside thus challenging to eat. I love it! Some people say it’s meant to be eaten whole but it’s so darn hot! I believe it’s Shanghai in origin (am I right @gtLmh0622 ) and considered a special dish not all Chinese dimsum places can offer. You ought to try it! 

For you....do you see what I see? :w00t:

D-M0KZFUYAAeOT7?format=jpg&name=large

cr as tagged

• Like 6

2 hours ago, pixie0622 said:

That squirting dumpling is called Xiao Long Bao which has chicken or pork broth inside thus challenging to eat. I love it! Some people say it’s meant to be eaten whole but it’s so darn hot! I believe it’s Shanghai in origin (am I right @gtLmh0622 ) and considered a special dish not all Chinese dimsum places can offer. You ought to try it! 

Yes, you're great !  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiaolongbao

Talking about Xiaolongbao, the most famous restaurant is Din Tai Fung. There are lots of branches in different countries, you may try it ! :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Din_Tai_Fung

Hysteria of fans actor Lee Min-ho fashionshow BERLUTI menswear spring summer 2019

cr other viewnews

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Talking about Xiaolongbao, the most famous restaurant is Din Tai Fung. There are lots of branches in different countries, you may try it ! :P

We have it in the US too. Din Tai Fung

Spoiler

I liked the saguek part where LMH is a town head. He looks distinguished and scholarly. The love story part is sweet. However, I think the first episode of LOTBS is still trying to find its feet. The funny scenes were not that funny to me and it seemed contrived. Both JJH and LMH comedic scenes were not effective. The con man part with the lighter and stuff was overblown. My favorite con man parts were when LMH pretended to be a dufus and you see his face change when he left the room. That was my favorite scene and con. Where he pretended to be a prosecutor was my second favorite. 

The show improves though, the last quarter was better and the way you see LMH start feeling a bit guilty taking advantage of this innocent soul and he went back with an umbrella, that was a good end to episode one. I did not think JJH stood out at all in episode one. The lollipop scene was funny though at the very end.

• Like 3

I just watched a Youtube video on how to eat a soup dumpling.  One thing they said  not to do, is to eat in two bites or the soup will go everywhere ala LMH:lol:.  I went  to a dumpling restaurant with a friend from Taiwan, so I watched and copied how she ate it otherwise, I probably would have tried to eat it in two bites.  

Thanks @CallieP for your LBS comments and the recommendation to watch episode 21.  I totally forgot about the directors cut. 

Spoiler

When I originally watched LBS episode 1, I said that I loved it.   I think that I was so excited to finally be able to watch a LMH drama and comment with everyone else, that I didn't think much about the content.   Now having the benefit of watching the entire drama, as far as LMH is concerned, the saguek section was the best in episode 1.  I was a little concerned how LMH would look in saguek, but I think he looked regal.  I hope he looks the same in The King.  I know LMH worked hard on the lighter trick, but I think it was a good decision (assuming it was a mindful decision) to eventually eliminate the lighter.  I thought the beginning with SC in HJJ's hotel room was pretty funny.  She had great expressions.  A lot on DB commented that LMH's English was improved from Heirs.  I agree.  I hope during MS he continued to work on his English.  

• Like 5

DC Minoz birthday gifts to LMH

cr: MInoJennyLin83

LG 4k UHD Laser Smart Home Theater CineBeam Projector, Aluminum Packing Case (with his engraved initials), hoodie, joggers, slides, etc.

These gifts seem to be well-thought-out by DC Minoz. LMH is lucky to have loving and thoughtful fans

D-MT00KUYAEEFYC.jpg

D-MT19qUcAEvi3C.jpg

D-MT3mvUcAE5QBK.jpg

Spoiler

D-MT65-VAAEYmdH.jpg

D-MT4noUYAAdBhC.jpg

D-MT7keU4AAycYt.jpg

D-MT8mlUEAAY7bB.jpg

D-MT9jQU8AEEHWK.jpg

• Like 5

lTUnxG9.gif

Spoiler

This is my third time (and a half - I once watched the drama but only the sageuk parts)  watching LBS. It's in this drama that I became a LMH fan. I was recruited into the LMH fandom by Dam Ryeong. :D

I've known LMH since BOF days (my sister says she recommended BOF to me then, but I don't really remember) but I never actually watched any of his dramas. She again recommended a LMH drama, LBS, when it was airing then, and I'm so glad I finally listened to her.

Like @CallieP and @CarolynH, I also like the sageuk parts; as I've mentioned, I once watched LBS with only the sageuk parts. 

a4RGeQo.gif

Dam Ryeong at the banquet - it's at this point that I was entranced by LMH's divine looks. I wondered what the heck was I doing all this time. :lol:

jFJTioh.gif

YouepDU.gif

I like the first meeting of Dam Ryeong and the mermaid. There were no words exchanged between them, but the look in their eyes is intriguing enough to draw me into their story.

HO1VBRe.gif

5D9c748.gif

The moment Dam Ryeong released the mermaid into the sea, I was hooked into his character. His kindness towards a being whom he only met for the first time, despite the possible gain he might get on keeping her, is quite admirable. And the mermaid swimming back and reaching out her hand to him, as a sign of gratitude perhaps (in contrast to the myth of mermaids stealing the soul and erasing the memory of those they touch), hints for an interesting story to unfold.

jJTyMdY.gif

U6VidPP.gif

rON6nXP.gif

Heo Joon Jae as con man. What I like about this part is that he gets to play various characters - a lawyer, a dufus, an elevator technician, a prosecutor, etc. It's interesting to watch him play such an array of characters in one drama. With different looks to match those characters.

fpHq89s.gif

yMQerLI.gif

rND1ha4.gif

70MxDFJ.gif

NFgoXs4.gif

EfeJH7v.gif

I've seen JJH's early works, and it's a treat for me to see her and LMH both on the same screen. The hotel scene was rather amusing.

SGfl0DM.gif

1cMiAQw.gif

When Heo Joon Jae saw the mermaid being handcuffed and then saw her scraped-up feet, he kind of felt bad. But what pushed him to actually go after her is the valuable jade bracelet she's been wearing. After all, he IS a con man.

So before he snatches the bracelet from her, he at least buys her a dress and a pair of shoes so she'll not walk around barefoot. 

limCSwQ.gif

61v5ykB.gif

And then feeds her, as he remembers that she likes to eat. 

OX07m5Y.gif

Then con man Joon Jae goes back to business and snatches the bracelet. 

But looks like he's guilt-ridden, with the cherry and traffic light reminding him of the mermaid. A con man with a hint of conscience - it's interesting enough for me to watch.

temWCbb.gif

And was I relieved to see him go back for her. The similar sight of him reaching out for the mermaid, as Dam Ryeong did years ago, hints for a drama which intertwines stories from two distant eras. How the stories are told without confusing the audience, and how the connection of these two eras are laid out, are things to look forward to in this drama. 

d8qtnCW.gif

• Like 6

LOTBS Ep. 1 (21). This is one of my favorite episodes in this series, and I appreciated the reminder about the Director's cut.

- I have an aversion to men's costumes during the Josean era, as the hats look silly and the hair style too severe to me. But he wore it with his usual grace and good looks. Liked the feather in his hat. And the expression in his eyes when he first sees her is worth a paragraph of dialog.

- The modern day portion was terrific and I liked his costar's antics; she was hilarious. I laughed out loud several times, particularly when she tried to jump through the window of his hotel room and when she was pulling tissues out of the box with such joy. He looked terrific in his white suit on the island, and how romantic was that walk up the escalator with her in his arms?!

- I agree, the lighter is a little over the top, but this is a fantasy. Not much different than picking her correct shoe size right off the shelf. I can suspend disbelief pretty easily. 

- One small criticism. To me, he wears very intense lip color in some parts of this series. Wish he'd tone it down a bit in next series. He doesn't need it to look absolutely stunning.

- His acting continues to improve with every show he does; he's just excellent in this series. He seems so at ease and genuine in these two roles. It's quite a change from the heavy dramatic role he played in Gangnam Blues, so perhaps he's having fun here, as well as being so much fun to watch!

• Like 6