Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

*** I remember there was a time when I celebrated my Lunar New Year in Korea. I was amazed to see my K-friends there who work at offices receive Seollal gifts or bonuses for the holiday. I consider it a unique part of Korean culture to get gifts or hefty bonuses on holidays such as Seollal or Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving). This practice is not common in other countries. Ahhh............ that was nearly 5-years have passed..... We went to Korean Folk Village in Yongin, Gyeonggi-do Province, where events are held during the holiday so people can learn about Lunar New Year. When pandemic ends, and I will have more leisure time, I want to both feel and enjoy the holiday there again. The long holiday is meaningful to Koreans because they just want to rest and relax.   :heart2:

HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR to everyone here!!!  :heart:

Happy-Chinese-New-Year-Wishes-1.jpg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, willenette said:

@nina_mitrokhina thanks for sharing this. Talking about "charm", for me, he's FULL of charms in this drama. And I love most of his dialogues in this series. Most were heartbreaking but you can see he's so real that it leaves you in so much of tears.  

“Tell me to go. Tell me to leave. Please, I’m asking for someone’s permission for the first time in my life. If you stop me, I can’t leave.”    :weary:

@willenette, Completely agree with you! I really like the drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" for its dynamism, vivid characters, interesting story. And the image of King Lee Gon performed by Lee Min Ho has become my favorite. The relationship between the king and Te Eul seems very dramatic to me, and I can't watch some scenes without crying. I don’t remember how many times I watched this drama and each time I find something new and interesting for myself.

Thank you so much for telling us about the Korean New Year celebration - it's so unusual and interesting! I hope that the pandemic will someday end and you will fulfill your dream and visit Korea again for this wonderful holiday.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Congratulations on the year 2022. New Year's greetings from Uncle Masa, let's continue to lift the ban on the "God of Fortune" video as it is the first time in the new year!
Today is Mr. Fukugami #イミンホ of good health. Remember to bless those around you in the New Year.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

gtLmh0622 - thank you for the Stellarsisters article and translation. It’s always great to read about his popularity and success- almost against the odds when you see who else were involved in the advert.

It reminds me of when he went to Paris for the fashion show and was mobbed by ecstatic fans on his way out.

Re Pachinko - here in the UK Apple have classed it as “caution “ rating which is not a normal British tv rating. How is it classed where you live?

I remember reading that that they did bring in an ‘Intimacy expert’ so maybe the seduction scenes have warranted that rating. I really hope the scene in the book where Hansu beats up the girl in the car is in the drama as well.

Happy New Year to everyone.

• Like 3

[SPECIAL] Check out the soundtracks for which Lee Min Ho did his voice

https://unniepop.cl/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/lee-min-ho-ost-unniepop-1024x576.jpg

Andrea Antonio
January 31, 2022

Lee Min Ho, also known as the "King of Hallyu", not only ventured into acting but also into music, the actor has become part of some soundtracks for various productions on the small and big screen.

Those who have followed the actor's career for a while know that Lee Min Ho has two albums and three singles, but many know him from his participation in famous Korean dramas. The actor rose to prominence after his starring role in "Boys Over Flowers" and has since excelled in both fields.

Did you know that Lee Min Ho contributed to the soundtrack of two of his popular dramas and a movie? Here at Unnie Pop, we'll tell you which soundtracks Lee Min Ho provided his voice for.

"MY EVERYTHING"

In 2009, Lee Min Ho played the leader of the fearsome "F4" Gu Jun Pyo, heir to the group SHINHWA, in the KBS drama Flowers Over Berries. The song "My Everything", which later appeared on his first self-titled album, was the actor's first K-drama soundtrack.

"All Mine" is a ballad depicting a declaration of love in its entirety. The lyrics of this song are: “There are no words to describe what I feel”, “The love I have for you has no limits”, and the chorus “All mine”, which is the title, perfectly complements the theme.

Lee Min Ho   My Everything Sub Español + Hangul + Romanización

"PAINFUL LOVE"

By 2013, Lee Min Ho played Kim Tan, heir to Jeguk, in the SBS drama The Heirs. The actor provided his voice for the song "Painful Love", this is the second time Min Ho has been featured on the soundtrack of a drama.

"Painful Love" is a song that tells about the feelings of a man who is ready to give everything for the sake of his beloved woman. Therefore, the phrase “Even if I give up everything, you are the only valuable thing for me” stands out from all the lyrics, in addition to underlining the title of the song in the melody.

The Heirs OST Painful Love   Lee Min Ho Sub español + Romanización    YouTube

"RUN"

In 2016, Lee Min Ho participates in the film soundtrack for the first time. “Headhunters” is an action movie where the actor developed the role of Yi Sang, a bounty hunter who is talented in martial arts. The singer joined his voice with Yu Quan for "Run", a song that is part of the soundtrack.

"Run" is kind of an uplifting song as it talks about running until you achieve your dream. “The dream has wings to fly and overcome the wind, daring to try again and again,” so he leaves a message not to give up, despite the risks.

Lee Min Ho feat Yu Quan - "Run" (奔跑 - "Bounty Hunters" Movie Theme) Official Music Video - 16.6.16

Did you know that Lee Min Ho provided the voice for these three soundtracks?

Translation from spanish google
https://unniepop.cl/2022/01/31/especial-conoce-los-ost-para-los-que-lee-min-ho-presto-su-voz/

• Like 3

Lee Min Ho to Kim Woo Bin: 6 South Korean male actors all set to make comeback this year

Last Updated: 1st February, 2022

mu5ahgif4wbftami_1643724741.jpeg

From Lee Min Ho to Kim Woo Bin and others, several popular South Korean male actors are all set to make their comebacks this year.

South Korea's entertainment industry has been booming ever since its entry into global markets. The actors from the Asian country have been enjoying global fandom. From Lee Min Ho to Gong Yoo, the actors have made a name for themselves globally. After a long hiatus, several popular South Korean male actors are all set to make their comebacks this year. Check out the list of actors all set for a major comeback. 

South Korean actors comeback in 2022

Lee Min Ho

Lee Min Ho is all set to feature in the much-awaited Apple TV+ original K drama, Pachinko. He dropped a post on his Instagram handle with a still of Ko Hansu, his character from the series. This came as a sweet surprise for his fans and viewers. The K drama is based on a novel with the same title and is penned by Min Jin Lee. It follows a profoundly told love story of teenage ‘Sunja’, the adorable daughter of a poor fisherman whose unplanned pregnancy with a rich stranger (played by Lee in the show) brings shame to the family. Sunja discovers bitter truths, decides to abandon everything and marry a gentle, sickly minister, and moves to Japan. All this and much more sets a dramatic saga that resonates through the generations... 

https://www.republicworld.com/entertainment-news/rest-of-the-world/lee-min-ho-to-kim-woo-bin-6-south-korean-male-actors-all-set-to-make-comeback-this-year-articleshow.html

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Six Korean Male Actors Making A Comeback In 2022

K-drama lovers have a lot to look forward to. From Lee Minho to So Jisub, many popular names will be returning to the screen soon.

Debashree Dutta Feb 01, 2022

K-drama-Comebacks-960x540.jpg

Lee Minho

Amidst all the buzz about the release of Pachinko, the Apple TV+ original, Lee Minho dropped a post on his Instagram feed with a still of ‘Ko Hansu’, his character from the series with the caption “#Pachinko hi hansu”. This not only came as a sweet surprise to the fans and viewers but also validated, the wait is over and Pachinko is finally releasing, very soon for that matter. For the first time, the actor will break his image as the quintessential romantic hero and play the bad guy. Penned by Min Jinlee, ‘Pachinko’ is a popular novel of the same name. It is a profoundly told love story of teenage ‘Sunja’, the adorable daughter of a poor fisherman whose unplanned pregnancy with a rich stranger (played by Lee in the show) brings shame to the family. Sunja discovers bitter truths, decides to abandon everything and marry a gentle, sickly minister, and moves to Japan. All this and much more sets a dramatic saga that resonates through the generations.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZOR0gFvW5d/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://rollingstoneindia.com/six-korean-male-actors-making-a-comeback-in-2022/

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Recruiting .......... participants for the Pachinko event.  A small group started, but once we found out that Pachinko was not airing for a while (little did we know it would be almost a year!) we stopped working on it.  Unless we drastically change the format, it's not too far from completion.  If you are interested in helping, please let me know.  The event will be in the Pachinko thread headed by @syntyche.  No special skills are required-God knows I don't have many lol.  

• Like 4

The allure of Korean actors in royal robes, who looks the most like royalty?

Sierra Muktisari | Beautynesia
Wednesday, Feb 02 2022

lee-min-ho_43.webp?w=360&q=90

Lee Min Ho in The King: Eternal Monarch / Photo: soompi.com

The rows of popular Korean actors in royal robes are amazing!

How many of you really like Korean dramas with a historical or royal background? In the dramas of this genre, many characters appear in Korean royal style in ancient times, both female and male.

Well, as for some Korean actors who look stunning in royal robes and look like the "aristocrats" of the last century. Interested in someone? Let's see more here!

Lee Min Ho

lee-min-ho_169.webp?w=620

Unlike Korean actors who appear in traditional royal attire such as hanbok, actor Lee Min Ho actually appears in modern uniforms, making his appearance even more stunning.

In the drama The King: Eternal Monarch, he played a king named Lee Gon. He became king when he was very young, due to the death of his father at the time, who was killed by his uncle.

To avenge him, Lee Gon plans to hunt down his uncle until he discovers a new secret to the existence of parallel worlds. Besides appearing in his modern form, King Lee Gon also wears the traditional royal attire that you often see in dramas set in the kingdom!

Well, there are some actors in royal robes that make them give off a royal aura. Who do you like better?

Translation from indonesian google

https://www.beautynesia.id/life/pesona-aktor-korea-dengan-baju-kerajaan-siapa-yang-paling-terlihat-seperti-bangsawan/b-249490/2

• Like 6

10 Role Playing Of Bright Vachiravit And Lee Min Ho, A Wealthy Leader In F4

There is no doubt about both!

picsart-22-01-24-13-54-03-085-b21eb74dc0

Istiana Baharuddin
February 02, 2022

The F4 series Thailand is currently a favorite show for many people. This Thai drama coming back to make history with a new version of "Boys Over Flowers" is garnering attention because it also starred several lead actors.

One of them is Bright Vachirawit, who was hired to star in F4 Thailand. Bright also plays the role of the leader of F4, who is known to be rich. His role is also similar to that of Lee Min Ho in the Korean version of Flowers Over Berries.

1. Lee Min Ho played Go Jun Pyo, the male lead in the 2009 drama "Boys Over Flowers."
2. Bright Wahiravite also landed a lead role in a Thai F4 series called Thyme.
3. Go Jun Pyo is described as childish, stubborn and unyielding
4. Meanwhile, Thyme is a stubborn student who often quarrels. He set up a red card game to intimidate the other students.
5. The figure of Go Jun Pyo finally fell in love with an ordinary girl named Geum Jan Di, who managed to change his life.
6. The same with Thyme, who first fell in love with an ordinary woman named Gorya (Tu Tontavan).
7. Gu Jun Pyo is the leader of the cool F4 gang, which is loved by many girls at school.
8. The Thyme figurine is also the F4 leader in the Thai version. He leads and supports the bullying of misbehaving students.
9. To get better in the future, the cast difference story between Goo Jun Pyo and Geum Chang Di's love story ends with a happy ending.
10. For now, the story between Thyme and Gorey is still in question, because the Thai F4 series is not over yet.

Both Lee Min Ho and Bright Vachirawit have their characteristic alluring charm. Both of them also managed to play a dirty character, annoying, but on the one hand they look so cool. Do you prefer Gu Jun Pyo or Thyme characters?

Translation from indonesian google

https://www.idntimes.com/hype/entertainment/amp/istyanah-b/peran-bright-vachirawit-dan-lee-min-ho-c1c2

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lindyloo421 said:

I have just read LMH’s bio on Apple TV. I didn’t realise that TKEM 

grossed $135 million. It also says he earns $2.5 million from product endorsement. I bet that goes up with his success for Hugo Boss.

Where did you read this?  I checked his bio on Apple TV Pachinko, the bio was really short and it did not mention TKEM or product endorsement.

• Like 1