Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

4 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

A Taiwan news reported that in Mainland China, Germany, Mexico, and Korean beer are top 3 imported beer to share 66% of imported beer market. And 3rd place Korean beer reached 76.5% growth last year.  If search "Korean beer" on Baidu, lots of "Lee Min Ho cool CF of Korean beer" popped out.

But.....Anchor Beer is not a Korean beer.  :tounge_xd:

ps. Baidu is the largest search engine in China.

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing this.  As far as I know the top 3 popular beers (mekju) in Korea are Hite, Cass and OB Lager. Hite.  Although soju is the number one alcohol in Korea, people love beer, too. I know LMH did Cass CF before (was that with Dara??) Ye, Anchor Beer is not a K-beer but a German brand ventured into Singapore. In 2012, RAIN was the spokesperson of Anchor, too. So after him, they looked for the biggest Korean star, and they don’t get any bigger than Lee Min-Ho. :P

On 6/15/2019 at 11:17 AM, CarolynH said:

It's Gangnam 1970/Gangnam Blues weekend!  I'm about 45 min into the movie.  You may want to be careful who is around you as you watch the movie if you haven't already seen it.  I was watching during my lunch hour and had to be careful who was around me while watching certain scenes.  :open_mouth:  I'm looking for the movie thread, but can't find it yet (how hard can this be?!:angry:).  There are so many characters that I need a cheat sheet to keep track of them.  Please provide your comments on LMH"s performance in this movie if you want to participate.  If you have any questions, including where to watch, please PM me.  

Separately, @gtLmh0622, do you know if the Hallyu ban in China imposed before LBS is still in effect ?  I haven't heard anything, so I'm curious.  

PS:  You may notice that the gif on the first page is missing.  I deleted it as @syntyche has created a new one!  yahoo!  I will attempt to insert the new one this weekend.

Hi CarolynH, LBS was a 2016-2017 drama, right? As far as I know, Hallyu ban started later part of 2016. NICE that the Chinese government welcomes back K-Dramas, K-Pop concerts, and fan meets last year. The ban began to lift in early 2017 and is now on its way to subsiding completely since last year. :P

• Like 4

Just to add to the note about Anchor beer - LMH signed an exclusive contract with Cambodia Brewery Ltd. and the managing director said “ this is a collaboration between two major powerhouses. Anchor beer is the most famous beer in Cambodia while LMH is a hugely popular international actor with a massive Cambodian fan base” LMH said he hoped to visit Cambodia to meet his fans.

Information on B2B-cambodia.com

• Like 4

Thank you for all the reviews on Gangnam 1970 !  

I love all your GIFs and your great review @syntyche , thanks  !

The film did well in the box office in spite of the restricted rating but it got mixed reviews particularly on the story. When the film first came out, the fans came up with  this character diagram as a guide for other fans to know who's who in the story,  as the plot got too confusing with the introduction of so many characters.

10945778_10205967507056088_1495345166535

But I'm glad LMH took this challenging role as he gained more fans and also won him several awards, especially the best new actor award in Grand Bell awards.

For those who haven't seen, here are some youtube videos of the deleted scenes and bts,  and a couple images of our topless bboy... :blush:

1800355_10205941743292010_62247893425472

(Screenshot) 11701145_10207337260699073_6831029509601

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2019 at 12:47 PM, Lindyloo421 said:

His dying scene in the tunnel with the one tear running down his face and knowing his sister was waiting for him was heartbreaking. I looked  at some of the reviews- one said “he’s certainly one to look out for given how he’s embraced this challenging role” and another said “made his presence felt in every scene he appears in” It’s a very dark film, incredibly well directed and the fight scenes especially the muddy field one are so cleverly filmed. LMH deserved the awards he got and I think should have got more.

I’m going to watch Bounty Hunters now for some light relief!

You are right, it is a very dark film. Yoo Ha is well-renowned for dark gangster movies. Yes, he deserved the awards he got and he should have got more

On 6/15/2019 at 8:58 PM, msdot said:

It’s his best acting in a difficult and REALLY different role, where’s he’s both a loyal good and very bad guy. I liked your comment about focusing on the art and acting, @CallieP, and it’s a well-made film with beautiful cinematography and much attention to detail, especially noticeable in Blu-ray. Not to mention our gorgeous anti-hero. No matter that they downplayed his looks; it’s just impossible to hide that face

Yup, that is a good description, the anti-hero.

On 6/16/2019 at 8:25 AM, syntyche said:

At first it seemed like any other gangster movie I've seen previously, but this one hit me at a much deeper level. The minute I heard the Filipino song "Anak (Child)" play in the background, I was floored. This song was a hit in the '70s, and has been released in various countries in different languages. I knew right then that this is not just a gangster movie, but a story about a son who felt deep remorse for his actions that were done against his father's will.

I understand that violent films may not be everybody's cup of tea, but putting this film in the context of this song gave much more sense and meaning. Here is a son who was driven by poverty to persevere in life, albeit by wrong methods. And yet his father, who still unconditionally loves him, takes the fall for him. And the poetry and irony lies in the revelation of this love to Jong Dae, when he finally sees the registry of him as Kang Gil Soo's son, that he has been a son to him all this time. But will he ever have the chance of calling him "father," when his drive of putting him back to his old glory, to give a more comfortable life to his adoptive family, is the very reason that lead to his father's death

I also appreciated the artistry and imagery of this film. At first watch, I see their fight scenes as mere bodies flying around. Heck, in the mud fight scene, I lost track of Jong Dae as they were all covered in mud. But after playing close attention in this rewatch, I came to appreciate the choreography and the rawness the scenes.  

Thanks for pointing out the relevance of the song. I did not get the connection. You are so right. He was name a son but he never realized it. He considered him his boss, never his dad even though they pretended he was a son. But when he saw the registry, he became the son who went against his father's will and caused his death. That is a big guilt to bear. He did not deliberately do it though. He wanted what he thought was best for his boss. The boss however, quietly loved him and cared for him as a real son. It is very sad.

Again, the imagery and poetry of him crawling out of the darkness of his life, into the elusive light is spot on.  

Agree with this description trying to crawl out from darkness into the light.

23 hours ago, 1ouise said:

like historical films a lot, and don't have a problem with the gangster topic, and I really like the theme here, but violence and nudity is not my cup of tea.  In my opinion, the same topics and themes can be covered just as effectively in a less graphic way.  I thought it was a good choice and an excellent performance by LMH.

Korean movies can be very violent and with a lot of nudity. I have seen some which was not even a gangster film that had strong violence and nudity.

@CarolynH So here's my question.  The politician who JD was in cahoots with towards the end double crossed him and had JD killed?  I know the politicians used the gangs to get what they want, then threw them away.

Yes, that politician had JD and his brother killed. JD had said to him, don't you use gangsters and then throw them away so JD knew what he was up against and that he could be thrown away. Yet he still went ahead. Perhaps he thought he could escape

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

According to the schedule of official Minoz Fanclub, he will attend 2020 S/S Belutty  Collection in Paris on 21st June and we will see the airport fashion show today.

cr. PS Minho

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing this info - looking forward to see him during this event - MORE pictures & videos, please...... :PBTW, one MORE cast added to the upcoming drama - Kim Kyung Nam will be appearing in the drama. He will portray Kang Shin Jae, a man who has lived as anyone other than himself since his father was arrested for embezzlement while running a small business. He recently has appeared in “Special Labor Inspector, Mr. Jo.” Not familiar with him since I haven't watched him yet in any drama so far.  I guess Woo Do Hwan will be the 2nd male lead here. I hope for another hit drama from LMH.  Hmm.........for me this is the most anticipated K-drama of next year (2020).  Just can't wait for my Lee min ho's comeback!

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Korean movies can be very violent and with a lot of nudity. I have seen some which was not even a gangster film that had strong violence and nudity.

Hi CallieP in recent years, sexual scenes have been a major issue that pits filmmakers against Media Rating Board. Now, pubic hair and male or female genitalia is disallowed on the screen, unless they are digitally blurred. South Korea has 5 different levels of rating systems; G, PG-12, PG-15, R-18 and Restricted Rate. Korean movies have a lot of intense drama, very little snogging, very few sex ... unlike American movies.  Korean movies are about real, intense fight scenes. For example, Old Boy. While Hollywood invests more in special effects and stunt sequences. As for nudity, Koreans show it only partially. The clothes the characters wear are almost always never revealing. The most erotic scenes are when the characters kiss, and they do so by pressing their lips together. No tongue, of course. :P

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Reveal hidden contents

b0947a55ly1g454lgtl8aj20f00mhgu1.jpg

b0947a55ly1g454lgsrvxj20f00mi47k.jpg

a6f398ddly1g454ra7ugwj20f00mg75x.jpg

6787f285gy1g454uizvnkj20ci0ii43h.jpg

6787f285gy1g454uhq5fmj20go0ozn1r.jpg

93f8d29dgy1g454xggamwj20eg0loq4r.jpg

005LQlgEgy1g4558puielj30by0ge41g.jpg

005LQlgEgy1g4558rrv0yj30dw0kudia.jpg

005LQlgEgy1g45527iaugj30by07zdhq.jpg

cr as tagged

gtLmh, thanks for sharing the airport departure pictures. I missed them! My man is starting again to feel easy with cameras & fans surrounding him all the time in public. Wahhh...............he looks so good! :P

15 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

*** Also, thanks for sharing this clip. I thought all along he was alone since he's walking alone - hahaha - :P

37 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

Good to see our boy looking great and well shaped!  :heart:

More photos from IMBC.

Reveal hidden contents

buefaSfGBXzx636964565920723057.jpg

LVlIkssW4Qxq636964559210499396.jpg

Chellsee, thanks for sharing MORE - :P

21 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

gtLmh, LMH is still so very warm towards his fans/other people. He doesn't changed at all. :P Thanks for sharing MORE clips.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

My favorite photo for today's look... :wub::heart:

Credit as shown.

Chellsee, thanks for sharing this. He takes my breath away even in B/W picture. :P

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

LMH at Incheon Airport 061819

No shades!

LMH Airport Fashion

syntyche, thanks for sharing the details of his clothes. Berluti is a menswear brand. LMH's elegance fits him to a "T' wearing this brand. So, from head to toe he's wearing Berluti. His sneaker is so NICE. It's so CLASS when you see LMH wearing it. :P

• Like 2

Our bbboy is looking so fine! My heart skipped a beat when I first saw his airport photos. I hope we get to see more updates in Paris. 

64868587_10219469390794743_2844917101997

Here’s a video compilation from ICE. 

Follow Berluti Facebook and Instagram accounts as they will have live feed of the show on June 21st! 

・・・
- THE #BERLUTI SUMMER 2020 SHOW BY @kris_van_assche - LIVE on Instagram & Facebook on FRIDAY JUNE 21 at 1pm CEST .

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Kris Silva said:

Our bbboy is looking so fine! My heart skipped a beat when I first saw his airport photos. I hope we get to see more updates in Paris.

Here’s a video compilation from ICE. 

Follow Berluti Facebook and Instagram accounts as they will have live feed of the show on June 21st! 

・・・
- THE #BERLUTI SUMMER 2020 SHOW BY @kris_van_assche - LIVE on Instagram & Facebook on FRIDAY JUNE 21 at 1pm CEST

Hi Kris Silva, I hope so, too - :P