Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

Heartfelt, Romantic Sageuks

spacer.png

“The Great Doctor”

“The Great Doctor” takes post-Goguryeo to what is now Goryeo. King Gongmin (Ryu Deok Hwan) sits upon the throne and laments his inability to help his people because his evil advisor (Yoo Oh Sung) holds all the strings. Sound familiar?

The king has a love-hate relationship with his wife, Princess Nogook (Park Se Young), whom he loves but is also his political enemy because she’s a Yuan princess. However, when his wife is injured in a political assassination, King Gongmin sends his best general Choi Young (Lee Min Ho) to find a doctor who can save her. Through a twist of fate, Choi Young goes through a portal to the modern world, and finds Yoo Eun Soo (the amazing Kim Hee Sun), a plastic surgeon. He thinks he’s in heaven. (Haha!) He drags poor Eunsoo to Goryeo, where she’s thrown into this world of political intrigue where everyone thinks she’s a divine healer!

Why you’ll love it: This drama sports a truly epic cast. In addition to the heavyweights mentioned, we have Yoon Kyun Sang, Sung Hoon, and the always wonderful Kim Mi Kyung who really bring this world to life. This is a longer drama at 24 episodes so it spends time fleshing out the world and making the characters feel lived in. Lee Min Ho turns in one of his best performances as a very restrained general who feels deeply. And who also has insane fighting skills.

spacer.png

He also has superpowers (really). He quite literally can shoot lightning out of him, which comes in handy because the bad guys have a few powers of their own. But best of all is the romance between the very modern Eun Soo and the extremely stoic Choi Young. It’s as deep and enduring as Pyeonggang and On Dal’s and is also built on a solid foundation like the latter’s. Lots to love here!

spacer.png

https://www.soompi.com/article/1465373wpp/heartfelt-romantic-sageuks-filling-the-void-after-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

Dear Oppa: An Indian fan says she believes in ‘Prince Charming’ only because of Lee Min Ho

Today's heartwarming letter in our Dear Oppa series has been penned by Malini from India to the stunning actor, Lee Min Ho. Read her letter below.

Written By Pinkvilla Desk 2954 reads  Mumbai Published: May 3, 2021

dear_oppa_lee_min_ho_prince_charming.jpg

Actor Lee Min Ho made a fan believe in Prince Charming again, pours her heart in a Dear Oppa letter Korean actor Lee Min Ho at an autograph event in 2017. (Pic Credits: News1)

For a Korean culture enthusiast, watching a Lee Min Ho drama on a day one feels low, can end that day on a much better note. The actor debuted in 2003 and rose to fame with his brat-like character in Boys Over Flowers in 2009 and has taken part in many successful shows after that too - such as Coffee Prince, City Hunter, The Legend of The Blue Sea, and the recent, The King: Eternal Monarch, alongside Kim Go Eun.

Today's heartwarming letter in our Dear Oppa series has been penned by Malini from India to the stunning actor, Lee Min Ho. Read her letter below.

Dear Mr. Lee,

I am writing this letter from another peninsular land INDIA. My first encounter with you was in the drama called  "Personal Taste", which brought the urge to see you in other roles as well. Then I finally landed to the drama known to us as "The King: The Eternal Monarch", which blew my mind. I can shamelessly admit that it was you who make me again believe in the idea of "Prince Charming", well let's make it "King Charming" as you are already a responsible king over there. I was more amazed to see that even Maximus (The white horse) was aware of your warm nature.

I recently came across one of your YouTube blog where you are walking alone in streets . That video made me realize your journey towards your stardom, might be challenging enough. I even felt touched when you mentioned that you have nowhere to go as such in another video blog. Your contributions in the field of your profession is enormous.The words will be less enough to described that. You might not express your hardship, but your success is always a treat for your admirers. It will dream for me, if I ever to get to see you in my native province.

I am grateful to you for existing in the same world, where I live and thank you for smiling everyday, being caring towards your loved ones.

From

Malini

India

26years

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/dear-oppa-indian-fan-says-she-believes-prince-charming-only-because-lee-min-ho-722846

11 Korean actors are called "the face of the rating", why? (part 2)

(VOH) - Outstanding talents and visuals also feature in hot films, these stars are often referred to as "rating guarantee".

Having debuted over the years and achieved many impressive drama achievements, these stars are considered “monuments” in the Korean entertainment industry. Films with their participation did not disappoint viewers in terms of quality, and also received high marks. So, while there are many rookie actors and fierce competition emerging, they still have an important place in show business ...

6. Lee Min Ho

sao-han-rating-anh10.jpg

Lee Min Ho, an actor, is very popular at home and abroad despite having been active for over 15 years. Today Lee Min Ho has become a top-rated star due to many factors, such as: beautiful appearance, stable performance ... Such films of Lee Min Ho as: Meteor Garden (2009), City Hunter (2011), Heir (2013), Legend Blue Sea (2016), Immortal King (2020) ... all echo across Asia.

Lee Min Ho's acting as well as the script for the film he directed were highly acclaimed. Viewers' ratings for his films often exceed 10%... 

Translation from Vietnamese google

https://voh.com.vn/tin-sao/son-ye-jin-lee-min-ho-va-dan-sao-mat-tay-lua-kich-ban-danh-dau-thang-do-400525.html

• Like 2
  • Blob 3

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Spent a wonderful morning with chingus rewatching episodes 5-6 of TKEM.  Hard to believe that a year has passed since we were going crazy trying to figure things out.

I was watching a clip from the GB prayer ceremony.  Do they still have those prayer ceremonies?  I haven't seen one since GB. 

Thanks for the CH memories @leeminhosny.  It's been a while since I've watched that drama.  I started to create some polls and a quiz, but never finished.

@CarolynH, not all K-dramas/movies have this ritual ceremony prior airing/release. But, most Koreans wish for the drama/movie to have good fortune. :happydance:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

[HanCinema's News] Top 10 Korean Dramas With the Best OSTs

OSTs are an important part of any narrative, be it films, dramas or otherwise. Contributing majorly to the immersion of any story, OSTs help us associate music to feelings and emotions and also signal certain situations that are to come. K-Dramas are no exception. Korean drama OSTs deserve to be a genre of their own with how beautifully they're suited to the exact emotions being portrayed on screen. Here are 10 K-Dramas with the best OSTs!

"The King: Eternal Monarch"

photo1330173.jpg

"The King: Eternal Monarch" has one of the best OSTs among K-Dramas from recent times. While the story itself could have been a little more fleshed out, the OST more than made up for it. The incredibly dreamy romance between Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) and Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun) was  very well complemented by the music.

(skipped unrelated.....)

• Blob 5

20 hours ago, willenette said:

@CarolynH, not all K-dramas/movies have this ritual ceremony prior airing/release. But, most Koreans wish for the drama/movie to have good fortune. 

Thanks @willenette; I knew you'd have the answer!  I assumed all dramas had the prayer ceremony and for some reason stopped.  

@nina_mitrokhina Quite interesting that PT was Malini's first LMH drama was PT.  She's the only one I've heard who started with PT.  Hey, there's a poll--first LMH drama!

Now I'm wondering about LMH's whereabouts.  :Pandabulous:  I'll say for sure we'll see him, even briefly on May 10, to thanks fans for celebrating his debut.

Good to see you @Edgar Pordwed!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

The KKing ~ Voting for New York Times Square Advertisement 

Let's start voting for New York Times Square ad #LeeMinHo (*ꈍ꒳ꈍ*)  

Period : 5 / 4 ~ 5 / 6 KST

Please check the draft through comments.

The final confirmation of a large number of votes.

Broadcast date on May 26 ~ June 2 EST (1 week) to celebrate Lee Min Ho Birthday 

Please vote No. 2

Let’s Fighting

#leeminho #actorleeminho #minoz  #李敏镐 #이민호  #イミンホ

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Lee Min Ho pays tribute to Times Square in New York on her 15th birthday

Lee Min Ho's debut birthday as an actor is about to be celebrated

lee-min-ho-times-square-kpoplat-750x450.

AUTHOR: MR. AJUSSI MAY 3, 2021

Lee Min Ho's debut birthday as an actor is about to be celebrated, and fans around the world have prepared beautiful and impressive projects to celebrate this important date, including a big announcement in Times Square in New York City.

Over the course of several days, we told you that Minoz (Lee Min Ho fans) is actively preparing for important events around the world to celebrate the actor's 15th birthday, as he is one of the most popular Korean celebrities in the world, several generations of viewers remain faithful to his talent and passion.

Now, the first images of Lee Min Ho have been released in New York's Times Square, where he will remain for several days until his debut birthday ends on May 10. Check out the preview below:

Likewise, other spaces in the US, South Korea, Japan and the rest of the world have been filled with the actor's most memorable images and videos throughout his career. Lee Min Ho's 15th birthday celebrations are expected to be an event and cement the wonderful relationship between the actor and his loyal Minoza, who has been supporting him for over a decade.

Other news reports suggest Lee Min Ho may be starring in the second installment of his cult drama, The Heirs.

How are you going to celebrate Lee Min Ho's debut birthday?

Translation from spanish google

https://kpoplat.com/2021/05/03/lee-min-ho-homenageia-a-times-square-de-nova-york-em-seu-15o-aniversario/

• Like 2

11 K-Dramas That You May Not Have Known Were Based On Webtoons

For those of you who aren’t that familiar with webtoons, they are basically online comic books. One chapter is released weekly by the writer/illustrator and there are millions of readers who subscribe to these weekly updates. Some of the most famous K-dramas are based on webtoons/manhwa including “Princess Hours,” “Full House,” “Itaewon Class,” and more recently “The Uncanny Counter” and “True Beauty.” There really is no stopping this genre as it’s almost always bound to be a success! Here are 11 K-dramas that you may not have known were based on webtoons.

6. City Hunter

city-hunter.jpeg

“City Hunter” garnered a lot of success in South Korea as it starred Lee Min Ho and Park Min Young.

And although it’s not based on a webtoon, people may be surprised to know that the series is based on a very successful Japanese manga series. It was developed into an anime series, a Hong Kong film, video game, and eventually a Korean drama.

city-hunter1.jpeg

The K-drama premiered on May 25, 2011 and was so successful not only in Korea, but in Europe. It made Lee Min Ho a household name in Europe where he still continues to be well loved.

Start watching the series now:

Watch Now

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

After the Oscars, Yoon Yeo Jung ... Ma Dong Suk, Lee Min Ho, and Lee Sung Kyun notice male actors' protest

1620113126870138.jpg

Hallyu star's spokesperson Lee Min Ho is also paying attention. He was cast as the main character in the US-produced local drama Pachinko, produced by Apple TV Plus. This drama is based on the novel of the same name by the Korean-American writer Lee Min Jin. Pachinko, which was also voted Book of the Year by the New York Times (NYT) in 2017, is content that has caught the attention of the local community as former US President Barack Obama presented it as “an adorable book. »On his social network.

Lee Min Ho takes on the role of a Korean who grew up in difficult years in a drama about the hard life and personality of Korean immigrants who moved to Japan and the United States after the Japanese colonial period.

It's also good news that Yoon Yeo Jung is appearing in Pachinko. Not long ago, Yoon Yeo Jeong filmed "Pachinko" in Canada and elsewhere. Since this work was presented as Yun Yeo Jung's next work, it has received more and more attention. In addition, just as Minari taught a lesson through Korean stories, Pachinko is expected to retain Minari's popularity because it tells the story of Korean life. This interest will lead to Lee Min Ho, the lead actor on Pachinko, and there is a high likelihood that he will be reborn as a Korean Wave star outside of Asia ...

Translation from korean google

https://m.ilyo.co.kr/?ac=article_view&entry_id=400356

• Like 3

4 May 2021 18:10

Most Popular Korean Actor, These 7 Faces Successfully Win the Hearts of Women

This content was produced by Seleb Update

hca1qh7dc9loiige7jrr.jpg

South Korea is known for its high-quality K-pop music industry, films and dramas featuring Korean actors and actresses. Worldwide Korean Drama Fever provides actors and actresses with many opportunities to become stars. Thanks to this, several names have made it into the ranks of the most popular Korean actors.

The talent, appearance and charisma of the actors allow you to bring the script of a film or drama to life. Without the right actors, a drama or film can never reach its full potential.

Here are 7 of the most popular and handsome Korean actors who made our hearts melt at first sight!

1. Lee Min Ho

dlycmdinzwm0e5nqscfn.jpg

Most Popular Korean Actor, Lee Min Ho Photo: Soompi

Lee Min Ho became a star overnight when he began filming the hit drama Boys Over Flowers. The hugely popular KBS2 drama was a big break in his career. Its popularity even spreads to many countries of the world. Lee Min Ho is also considered a true Hallyu star due to the success of all the dramas he has starred in.
He has been in the top ranks of Korean actors and has starred in other famous dramas. Lee Min Ho, who often plays the role of a wealthy man, is best remembered for his starring roles in The Descendants, City Hunters, The Legend of the Blue Sea, as well as his latest drama The King: Eternal Monarch ...

Translation from Indonesian google

https://m.kumparan.com/seleb-update/aktor-korea-terpopuler-7-wajah-ini-sukses-luluhkan-hati-para-wanita-1vg2E8b2Ypi

• Blob 1

41 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

when we are 50 years old

the waiting time is really getting longer 

he also had a lot of break before, 2 months before going to CN, quarantine in CN, after filming in CN he stayed, now he has like 14 days of quarantine,,

So it’s time to work 

I want him to work hard like a cow , no wasting time 

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

24 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

the waiting time is really getting longer 

he also had a lot of break before, 2 months before going to CN, quarantine in CN, after filming in CN he stayed, now he has like 14 days of quarantine,,

So it’s time to work 

I want him to work hard like a cow , no wasting time 

Reading to other drama etc. news everyday make me angry, looks like everybody work like a cow.

15th Anniversary coming but there isn't any event , fans are working hard more, I saw that 2 actor will make online fancon,(ofcourse I haven't money for fancon but atleast I can read from fans) but we haven't anything, we have waited 14 days ,he didn't share a video, even a photo. Atleast he can make VLIVE on May 10 but I know he won't it. We are lucky even he will say" thank you" with a photo.Because he didn't say even it in some anniversary. I ask sometimes" why couldn't I be fan of more active actor?" But unfortunately I can't. If he is preparing for new project etc. and he is busy yes I can forgive him but I hope he is preparing something. Also Apple Tv is annoying, why they didn't still release premiere date. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3
  • Blob 1