Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

3 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

But am stayed there Who is Minha and why is she?:lol:

In the book, she maybe the main character, but the way these articles are written and presented, I assume that LMH’s role will be the main character, like it has been mentioned in every article.

Minhwa seems like a new face, I couldn’t find her anywhere... We might get an older Sanju too, who knows. But the Main cast is already out!! If they wanted to have “old Sanju”, she would have been in the main cast too. So Minha will Sanju 

• Like 8
  • Wiggle 1

20 минут назад Nikaa94 сказал:

лол, не расстраивайся

Я просто хочу для него лучшую роль, видимо, персонаж Хансу - главный герой, в новостях его имя пишут в заголовках .. 

Nikaa94, я не заметил, что в статье написано, кто будет играть Ноя. Я мечтаю, чтобы эта роль была отдана Ли Мин Хо ... And Hansu is really the main character, moreover, the role is aged from a young to a very old man.

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 2

@leeminhosny

Teenage Sunja becomes pregnant by Hansu (with Noa).  She loves him but learns he is married.  He wants to keep her as his mistress, as well as his own family.  She refuses.  Isak, a minister, offers to marry her and she does.  Hansu remains in the background throughout her life. 

There are +18 scenes, so we'll see what they do with that. 

Not all of the actors were listed in the announcement.

Hansu is a Rhett Butler-type character (from Gone with the Wind).

@Nikaa94  In the book, Hansu is not the main character.  They will have had to substantially change it to make that happen.

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Just now, 1ouise said:

@leeminhosny

Teenage Sunja becomes pregnant by Hansu (with Noa).  She loves him but learns he is married.  He wants to keep her as his mistress, as well as his own family.  She refuses.  Isak, a minister, offers to marry her and she does.  Hansu remains in the background throughout her life. 

There are +18 scenes, so we'll see what they do with that. 

Not all of the actors were listed in the announcement.

Hansu is a Rhett Butler-type character (from Gone with the Wind).

I hope there will be no 18+ scenes, MYM can state that in contract? :please:

1 minute ago, leeminhosny said:

I am not sure but I think this girl Min Ha https://www.instagram.com/minhakim__/?hl=en

Ahh I search so much 

LOL, how did they find this girl :joy:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

5 minutes ago, nina_mitrokhina 5misnina said:

Nikaa94, я не заметил, что в статье написано, кто будет играть Ноя. Я мечтаю, чтобы эта роль была отдана Ли Мин Хо ... А Хансу действительно главный герой, к тому же роль возрастает от молодого  до очень старого человека.

Nikaa94, I did not notice that the article says who will play Noah. I dream that this role will be given to Lee Min Ho ... And Hans is really the main character, moreover, the role grows from a young person to a very old person.”

Thanks for the information , So Hansu is the main  character. I just want him to play the best one :approves:

I wish I had read the book, so Hansu is a welll-written character right?

• Like 3

Hurray! LMH plays Hansu. Perfect! It’s a grayer role; the character’s morals are not the best but he does help Sunja and their son Noa through the years, sometimes even without their knowledge.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 3

Apple's 'Pachinko' Sets Cast, Directors for International Production

Apple%E2%80%99s-Pachinko-Cast-Publicity-

Apple’s 'Pachinko' cast: Lee Min-ho, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai and Kaho Minami.

Lee Min-ho and Jin Ha lead the ensemble for the drama, based on a best-selling novel.

Apple has set the cast and directors for its multilingual international drama Pachinko, based on the novel by Min Jin Lee.

The big-budget series is set to begin production next week and will film across multiple continents. The eight episodes, told in Korean, Japanese and English, chronicle the hopes and dreams of four generations of a Korean immigrant family.

The cast for Pachinko includes Lee Min-ho (Boys Over Flowers, The Heirs), Jin Ha (Devs, Love Life), Anna Sawai (Fast & Furious 9, Giri/Haji), Minha Kim (Call, After Spring), Soji Arai (Cobra Kai, Legacies) and Kaho Minami (Angel Dust, Household X). Kogonada (Columbus) will direct four episodes, including the pilot, and serve as an executive producer of the series. Justin Chon (Ms. Purple) will also direct four episodes, exec producing the ones he helms.

Soo Hugh (The Terror, Apple's See) is adapting the novel, which was a National Book Award finalist in 2017, and will serve as showrunner. The story begins with a forbidden love and moves into a sweeping saga that journeys from Korea to Japan and America to tell the unforgettable story of war and peace, love and loss, triumph and reckoning.

Media Res (Apple's Morning Show and Brie Larson CIA drama) is producing Pachinko. Hugh will executive produce with Kogonada; Michael Ellenberg and Lindsey Springer for Media Res; and Theresa Kang-Lowe for Blue Marble Pictures. Media Res’ Dani Gorin will co-exec produce along with Richard Middleton, David Kim and Sebastian Lee.

Character descriptions are below.

Lee Min-ho plays Hansu, an enigmatic outsider and merchant with organized crime ties who begins an illicit romance with far-reaching consequences.

Spoiler

Jin Ha plays Solomon, an ambitious, charming young man who will be forced to reckon with his family's past. He's repped by ICM Partners and Suskin Management.

Anna Sawai plays Naomi, a savvy career woman in the male-dominated field of high finance. She's repped by WME, Zero Gravity Management, United Agents and Felker Toczek.

Minha Kim plays teenage Sunja, a heroic young woman who forges her own path in a country that's not her own. She is repped by Luber Roklin Entertainment and attorney Ashley Silver.

Soji Arai plays Mosazu, a dedicated father and successful businessman who is concerned about his son's future. He is repped by SMS Talent and Energy Talent.

Kaho Minami plays Etsuko, a vibrant, independent woman longing to be reunited with her estranged daughter. She's repped by Sheer Talent Management LLC.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/apples-pachinko-sets-cast-directors-for-international-production?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 2

1 minute ago, lupeace said:

i googled kim min ha and found this but im not sure if its really her

https://asianwiki.com/Kim_Min-Ha

apparenty she's not a new face but i think that this is her first FL role

anyway congrats to minoz and lmh 

But this pic and IG pics sooooo different :lol: I think they are different person 

• LOL 3

The article says he is repped by Artist International group and MYM... wow he’s got a new international agency i googled and they represented quite a few artist. Ok he’s really going international this time !! More projects to come

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/variety.com/2019/biz/asia/cannes-david-unger-formal-launch-artist-international-group-1203212910/amp/

:gangnamstyle:

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 5

3 minutes ago, msdot said:

Hurray! LMH plays Hansu. Perfect! It’s a grayer role; the character’s morals are not the best but he does help Sunja and their son Noa through the years, sometimes even without their knowledge.

wow! Great! :highonflowers:

2 minutes ago, SophieH said:

The article says he is repped by Artist International group and MYM... wow he’s got a new international agency this article says they represent quite a few artist. Ok he’s really going international this time !! More projects to come

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/variety.com/2019/biz/asia/cannes-david-unger-formal-launch-artist-international-group-1203212910/amp/

:gangnamstyle:

yes yes yes :2540_meh:

• Like 5
  • Wiggle 3