Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

10 hours ago, desy said:

guys please don't be too hopeful about this tvn thing incase we get nothing, I was just so excited about tvn following him but now after the excitement has gone, I feel bad.....I hope I didn't give anyone of you false hopes :pensive:

No worries.  I, for one, wait for and want confirmation from MYM or some other official entity.  I think we first heard about Pachinko via some newspaper.  I was one clamoring for MYM to confirm. Ok, I admit I was like this :onfirex: lol.   I'm not sure that I remember LMH confirming for a drama, so I definitely want to hear it from the agency or broadcast station.  

Thank you everyone who voted in the poll.  I really had no idea that BOF was the first LMH drama for many.  I assumed most of us found him around 2013 and after, so I expect Heirs forward to be the answer to question 1.  

You guys make me laugh.  Back to who will be the FL lead again.  We discussed that, what, 8 months ago?  Let me ask this.  Why does the FL have to match LMH visually?  Why couldn't his character fall in love with a plain Jane?  I think I'd find that more interesting.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2

32 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Thank you everyone who voted in the poll.  I really had no idea that BOF was the first LMH drama for many.  I assumed most of us found him around 2013 and after, so I expect Heirs forward to be the answer to question 1.  

You guys make me laugh.  Back to who will be the FL lead again.  We discussed that, what, 8 months ago?  Let me ask this.  Why does the FL have to match LMH visually?  Why couldn't his character fall in love with a plain Jane?  I think I'd find that more interesting.

I met lmh through City Hunter but fell in love with him in Faith and started following him since then. Everyone talks about there being that one moment. For me, that moment was when daejang entered riding on a horse in the rain :D. He captured me forever. 

Regarding female lead, I’m with you. I don’t particularly care about whether she matches him visually. If she’s good at acting, I am all for it. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

51 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

I didn't choose them for visuality I like their acting but also they are beautiful , in the end I am like a mother in law, I also want a beautiful bride for my son :DWhy not?

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

I forgot to say Happy 14th anniversary Mackerel run!  And here is one of your picks for FL.

cr:  fly2sunsun

27 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I met lmh through City Hunter but fell in love with him in Faith and started following him since then. Everyone talks about there being that one moment. For me, that moment was when daejang entered riding on a horse in the rain :D. He captured me forever. 

Regarding female lead, I’m with you. I don’t particularly care about whether she matches him visually. If she’s good at acting, I am all for it. 

You're the 2nd person that mentioned that she was attracted to daejang/LMH when he rode the horse in the rain.  I wasn't curious until he was stabbed lol.

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 4

15 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I didn't choose them for visuality I like their acting but also they are beautiful , in the end I am like a mother in law, I also want a beautiful bride for my son :DWhy not?

This!!! Exactly!! :relieved::relieved::heythere:

i want a very beautiful bride for my son Min Ho!! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 2

Lee Min Ho celebrates 15 years as an actor and sends a message to fans

spacer.png

Lee Min Ho has 23.9 million followers on Instagram, making him the only Korean actor with such a number. Photo: MYM

Actor Lee Min Ho appreciated the support he has received from his fans after completing 15 years in the industry.

Lee Min Ho , one of the best-known Korean actors in the world, celebrated his 15 years as an actor and thanked his fans for the support they give him. This after returning to his country after a long stay in Canada to film his latest drama, Pachinko.

Through a post on Instagram , the artist wrote a short but meaningful message to his followers.

"Thank you all for celebrating the 15th anniversary of my debut."

spacer.png

The post of Lee Min Ho exceeded 3 million likes and thousands of messages from his fans, who gave good wishes.

Lee Min Ho in Pachinko

Lee Min Ho is working on a new drama titled Pachinko, which brings together big world-class Asian stars.

The actor would play a merchant who has ties to the mafia. 

The release date has not yet been confirmed, but it will be broadcast globally through Apple TV.

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2021/05/12/lee-min-ho-celebro-15-anos-como-actor-y-envia-mensaje-a-fans/?ref=lre

Beware. Enchanted! Lee Min Ho Shows Handsome Photos to Celebrate 15 Years of Debut Anniversary

Who doesn't know Lee Min Ho?

He is one of the most famous South Korean actors.

This 33-year-old actor has starred in various Korean drama titles.

His name successfully stole the public's attention thanks to his role as Goo Jun Pyo in the popular drama 'Boys Over Flowers' in 2009.

Since then, his career in the acting world has skyrocketed.

Some popular Korean dramas that Lee Min Ho also star include 'Personal Taste', 'City Hunter', 'Legend of the Blue Sea', and 'The King: Eternal Monarch'.

Since starring in the drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch' last year, Lee Min Ho has not been seen returning to the small screen.

No wonder, so many fans miss the actor so much.

But as a treat to his fans, Lee Min Ho recently updated his social media posts to celebrate his 15th year debut anniversary as an actor.

This can be seen from Lee Min Ho's post on his Instagram account @actorleeminho, on Tuesday (11/5/2021).

He uploaded a selfie of himself wearing a white and gray top while sitting on a sofa.

Even though he was wearing a mask, Lee Min Ho's charm was still visible.

In the upload caption, Lee Min Ho expressed his gratitude to fans who have celebrated his 15th debut anniversary.

"Thank you everyone for celebrating 15th debut anniversary," wrote Lee Min Ho.

The fans who saw the upload immediately flooded the post with comments.

Many of them claim to miss Lee Min Ho's appearance on the screen.

https://www.grid.id/read/042692890/awas-terpesona-lee-min-ho-pamer-foto-ganteng-untuk-rayakan-15-tahun-debut-anniversary-warganet-makin-glow-up-aja-nih?page=all

• Like 6

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

No worries.  I, for one, wait for and want confirmation from MYM or some other official entity.  I think we first heard about Pachinko via some newspaper.  I was one clamoring for MYM to confirm. Ok, I admit I was like this :onfirex: lol.   I'm not sure that I remember LMH confirming for a drama, so I definitely want to hear it from the agency or broadcast station.  

because we saw what happened last time when he wasn't paired with a visual match, kmedia ripped the drama apart.......so for my sake and his mental health and for high ratings sake, let us get a visually matching female lead or we shouldn't get a female lead at all. that would be better than him falling in love with a "plain jane" the chemistry just won't be there and knetz were saying last time that they found it too unbelievable how he just fell for the FL like that especially because she isn't his match

I won't mind no female lead at all, tired of romance dramas

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Success from a young age is Lee Min Ho's source of income

You know, be on the list of the most expensive actors.

May 13, 2021
Ienck Ram

da15fddc63a8bdd447f19954dff610f8_750x500

Celebrating 15 years of acting debut, Lee Min Ho's name in South Korea's entertainment world is undeniable. From a young age, Lee Min Ho has starred in many dramas and films. No wonder Lee Min Ho doesn't have a fantastic income, right.

With such a high income, appearance is definitely Lee Min Ho's top priority. He cannot just choose clothes. For the sake of the integrity of the drama, Lee Min Ho once spent his money buying clothes worth up to 5 million won, the equivalent of 64 million rupees. Extremely!

Touted as the most expensive actor, where did Lee Min Ho's income come from? How much did he make? Come on, unload the source of income here. 

Play a drama or movie

acffe2f8edf825255d595484730fcfce.jpg

About 30 dramas and films starring Lee Min Ho, most of which have successfully captured public attention. Call it Boys Over Flowers, Heirs to the King: The Eternal Monarch. His acting talent has also earned him numerous awards and guarantees that the drama will be a hit if played by Lee Min Ho.

Seeing his acting skills, Lee Min Ho earned a high income. It is known that he received a salary for the series of about 75 million won, or the equivalent of 951 million rupees.

Due to his popularity, Lee Min Ho was offered a supporting role in a drama worth Rs 5 billion in 2014. The news was reported by a K-pop expert on One Night of TV Entertainment.

Become an advertising model or brand

c37426cf3c72a9fa797b1b0f712971f0.jpg

Not only is he good at acting, but Lee Min Ho's handsome face is also often used as a product advertising model or brand ambassador (brand. There are a number of branded products that use Lee Min Ho as a model, even Indonesia does not want to be left behind to hook Lee Min Ho with your ad campaign.

In 2014, Lee Min Ho's advertising fees in China reached IDR 13.9-16.69 billion per year. However, Lee Min Ho's advertising fees are increasing every year. Lee Min Ho's currently advertising fee exceeds that of Chinese actor Andy Lau, who received an IDR 22 billion royalty.

Become a Guest Star

Spoiler

9368f7f92ee1ab9dd1fd06e019c60cb5.jpg

Seeing Lee Min Ho's popularity, there is no doubt that many companies are looking to invite the actor to the event. Interestingly, Lee Min Ho's salary for guest starring at an event could reach hundreds of billions.

Around 2017, Lee Min Ho was invited to an event in Hong Kong. The organizers were willing to pay Lee Min Ho 900 million won, or 11.42 billion rupees. In fact, he only appeared for 15 minutes.

However, due to his busy schedule, Lee Min Ho was initially unable to come. However, since the organizers wanted Lee Min Ho to attend, they finally chartered a private jet to get Lee Min Ho to the venue. Fight, yeah!

Own property assets

Spoiler

b0a0d0f36a2a20ab11c60a081ecb76e7.jpg

Like other South Korean celebrities, Lee Min Ho also owns real estate that is used as a residence. Villa with all amenities, purchased by Lee Min Ho in Gangnam District in 2013.

The villa was valued at Rs 39 billion at the time, and the price continued to rise in line with the high land price in South Korea. In addition to luxury residences, Lee Min Ho is also listed as the owner of various luxury vehicles. One of the luxury cars he owns is a Mercedes Benz CLS 350 worth about 100 million won, or Rs 1.48 billion.

Open a YouTube channel

Spoiler

ddbe57f0739cb60880a09c321ce535da.jpg

Finally, Lee Min Ho began researching his income as a YouTuber. In October 2020, Lee Min Ho opened his own YouTube channel called Lee Min Ho Film.

On his YouTube channel, he has partnered with Lee Seung Gi to bring dance content to his fans. Lee Min Ho's YouTube channel currently has 657,000 subscribers. In fact, some of his vlogs have been watched by 1.1 million viewers.

Unfortunately, Lee Min Ho's YouTube earnings have not been disclosed. However, it will definitely increase Lee Min Ho's source of income outside of the South Korean entertainment world, given the large number of subscribers and viewers on YouTube.

Well, these are a number of Lee Min Ho's sources of income from the entertainment world or outside of the Korean entertainment world. This is the true definition of insanely wealthy Asia.

Translation from Indonesian google

https://www.popbela.com/career/working-life/ajenk-rama/sukses-sejak-muda-ini-deretan-sumber-penghasilan-lee-min-ho/5

• Like 3

5 hours ago, CarolynH said:

For me, i know him from BOF. Back in 2009, it was huuuuuge hit. Since then me and most of the people who like kdrama basically will be watching any lmh drama. And if you asked anyone about korean actor, people here will answer they know lmh :heart:

Only after legend of the blue sea i kind of follow him but unfortunately he went to military. then the king happen, im a big fan now. 

regarding fl leads i am on the same boat as you. Visual doesnt matter. I just hope people in SK be open minded and give him a fair chance, and focus on his acting and the story rather than only visual. 

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

All You Need To Know About Lee MinHo’s Character 'Ko Hansu' in “Pachinko”

Lee-MinHo-MYM-Entertainment-Photoshoot-680x384.jpg

"Apple TV+" has officially announced the cast for its series "Pachinko", with Korean superstar Lee MinHo among those starring in the series. "Pachinko" is a television adaptation of the Min JinLee’s novel of the same name. It chronicles the hopes and dreams of four generations of a Korean immigrant family from 1910, when Japan annexed Korea, throughout most of the 20th century. Its protagonist Sunja journeys to Japan in the midst of World War II, as she contends with anti-Korean bigotry and future generations grapple with their identities and past family secrets. The 2017 novel was praised for its depiction of institutional racism, prejudice and gripping intimacy under a distinct Asian lens. Watch the author, Min JinLee in conversation with Jeffrey Brown to take more viewer questions on "Pachinko" in this video.

The story focuses on the main protagonist Sunja, played by "Minari" star Youn YuhJung. The show will be led by Lee MinHo while teenage Sunja is played by Kim MinHa. Japanese actors Soji Arai and Kaho Minami to portray Mozasu and Etsuko and Japanese-New Zealand actress Anna Sawai, will essay the role of Naomi, a tenacious careerist making her way in the male-dominated world of finance. Directors Kogonada and Justin Chon are set to direct four episodes each.

Apple TV

Lee MinHo will play Ko Hansu, described as an enigmatic outsider and merchant with ties to organized crime who embarks on an illicit romance with far-reaching consequences. In the following section know more about the character of Hansu and what Lee MinHo feels about the same.

Spoiler

1. The Actor Had To Audition After A Decade To Bag The Role of Ko Hansu!

MYM Entertainment

In a recent interview, MinHo revealed that he indeed had to audition for the role of Hansu and in fact, this audition was his first in almost 11 years. The Hallyu actor hasn’t had to audition since "Boys Over Flowers" that shot him to fame in 2009. He also revealed that he was so determined to do the character that he really spent time to work and prepare for the role. As a matter of fact, he said that during the audition, he felt extremely pressured and nervous as he wanted to slay it.

2. Is Ko Hansu A Romantic Character?

As per the novel, Hansu's romance with Sunja is taboo ridden, forbidden and illicit. But it also indicates that if the television series is a replication of the story then MinHo's presence in the role of Hansu would only serve to romanticize him further. In the book, Sunja is just 16 years old when she meets Hansu, who is in his early 30's. Hansu seduces Sunja and starts sleeping with her.

When Sunja becomes pregnant, he tells her he is already married and has a wife and kids in Japan. He offers her the choice to live as his mistress, which Sunja rejects. She later marries Isak, a priest, and moves to Japan with him. However, in publicizing MinHo's character, Hansu is portrayed as someone who "uses his massive influence to keep Sunja as well as her family safe and well." In less romanticized words — Hansu uses his position in the Yakuza to manipulate Sunja and her family's circumstances, with the disillusionment that he is protecting her, but in fact, just harming her further.

3. Is Ko Hansu A Narcissist?

MYM Entertainment

The romanticization of manipulation and abuse is not new in Korean dramas — and it is certainly not new for characters played by Lee MinHo. The actor's roles in both "The Heirs" and "Boys Over Flowers" are those of rich boys, often indifferent to others. These characters both fall in love with poor girls, who inevitably change them for the better. MinHo's character in "Boys Over Flowers" is a bully to an extent where his torment causes another character to attempt suicide. In "The Heirs", Kim Tan (Lee MinHo) and Cha EunSang (Park ShinHye) fall in love, despite Kim Tan being engaged to Rachel Yoo (Kim JiWon) — another toxic relationship entirely. Many actions of Kim Tan left a lot to be desired — for instance, when he tells Cha EunSung that he would invade her privacy because he likes her. In every one of these dramas, the toxicity is brushed off. There is a "happily-ever-after" and the drama ends. But the impact of these dramas on a society that is often called out for its misogyny, is downplayed. This brings us back to "Pachinko". The Apple TV+ series is being made for a global audience, and so, the tropes often present in Korean dramas may not make their appearance. Nevertheless, we're yet to find out if the series will actually show Koh Hansu to be the narcissistic, manipulative character that he is or if Lee MinHo, in the role, would make the writers change the narrative to show the 'good guy' character he tends to maintain in his projects.

Lee MinHo was quoted saying, "If the knight in shining armour is my representative image, (then actually) I should keep going until I become the emperor in shining armour." He further added that when he joined the show "Pachinko"his determination to change his image became strong.

"Pachinko" doesn't have an official release date yet. But according to Apple, the series is set to debut later in 2021.

Are you excited to watch Lee MinHo in a different avatar in "Pachinko" ?

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/all-you-need-to-know-about-lee-minhos-character-ko-hansu-in-pachinko/

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

Translating Lee Min Ho's words from the video
"MINOZ X LEE MIN HO l Episode of 15th Anniversary" на YouTube

"Actually, I think the reason that made me live ...
Essentially, happily ...
And I don't even know how to express it ...

The word "fans" itself, as well as the word "Minoz", seems to have something that can melt my heart and make tears flow from my eyes. As I receive love from all of you, I become more mature. More mature as a person - and in a sense of responsibility in relation to many things. Thanks to the strength that I receive from your love and which encourages me to move forward, to fight, overcoming obstacles and difficulties, I want to become an actor who can be completely trusted as a life partner. In fact, to me you are like the main characters in my heart.

And I always think what to give in return to my fans who support me, love me, and make me shine like no one else. I will do my best to repay your love with many of my future works. To all of you who are here now - I hope you can be happy, and I also hope that I can also be a little happiness in your life.
Thank you always.
As the seasons change
We guard each other
And whatever happens to me, hard time or happy,
My Minoz are and remain, always returning with even greater love.
I cannot describe gratitude in words, and I hope that my sincerity will reach all of you.

Let us always remain together, as now, and our hearts will be unchanged ...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
And I love you. "

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Lindyloo421 said:

Ahh thank you Nina_mitrokhina for the translation- it brought tears to my eyes. He has a wonderful way of expressing things.

@Lindyloo421, You are absolutely right - Lee Min Ho picked up such gentle and kind words that they sank into the soul and warmed hearts. He is an amazingly sympathetic and sincere person, which is why we love him so much.

• Like 4

Bromance Objectives! 10 pairs of friends are waiting to play KDrama together

May 14, 2021

Friendships that exist between Korean artists often begin with collaborating on films, dramas, and other projects. However, there are those who know each other, even became close because of the same friends or related circles. Like some of the actors below, they are known for their friends, although they have never played together in dramas or films.

The friendship of these actors often delights fans and often looks forward to joint projects. What happens if these actors ever meet in the same drama? Probably no? Of course, their bromance will always be eagerly awaited in every episode ...

4. Lee Min Ho and Jung Il Woo were friends from high school but never played dramas together here. We are looking forward to their joint game, right?

1-aminoapps-9d9f8866a6cd381f144126730374

5. Who loves Lee Seung Gi and Lee Min Ho more after the collab's sudden release? If they act out a drama together, how many days and nights will each episode be trending?

7-yt-leeminhofilm-d71a21f579736641c9d418

Translation from Indonesian google

https://www.popbela.com/relationship/single/iya-nuri/persahabatan-aktor-korea-bromance-goals/6

• Like 4

Hallyu star Lee Min-ho is in Art Busan

spacer.png

spacer.png

Actor Lee Min-ho appeared at the VIP opening ceremony of "Art Busan", an art trading market held at BEXCO in Busan on the 13th. Wearing a blue jacket and a white mask, he came to the top European gallery Tadeus Lopak booth and took a picture of German artist Daniel Richter's 2018 masterpiece "Sick Music" and looked closely at the explanation of the work. It is a large-scale work that expresses fear, violence and eroticism in intense colors. The price of the piece, which is 2.7m wide and 2m long, was sold to a young collector on the same day.

https://www.mk.co.kr/news/culture/view/2021/05/464695/

spacer.png

Meanwhile, Korean Wave star actor Lee Min-ho appeared in Art Busan.

He drew attention with his outstanding beauty even though he wore sunglasses.

https://newsis.com/view/?id=NISX20210514_0001441062&cID=10701&pID=10700

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 2

27 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Interesting, so LMH was looking at art.  Looks like he appreciates modern art--or is he interested for some other reason--a role in a drama perhaps?:wut:

I remember a similar photo during or before TKEM. If it is for a role, I cannot wait for it!! What if it is like a hustle genre? I would love something like that from him with some sauve action. 

And is he observing art though sunglasses? That I find very interesting :blush:

• Blob 5