Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

18 minutes ago, Nikaa94 said:

have you read the book? Are the intimate scenes between Hansu and Sanju moderately written or more open? 

Yes, I read the book a few years ago, but I don't remember. Now I'm going to have to go back and look it up! At any rate, I'm not sure the level of explicitness in the book would determine how explicit the filmed scenes are. It will depend on the producers (which include the author), scriptwriter and directors. Hansu and Sunja's love affair would be pretty scandalous anyway, since she's underage and he's an adult when they first meet.

• Like 9

What an awesome day ! I just received my membership gift from Minoz.  :)

Now I'm reading your posts on "Pachinko" thread.

According to the article of THE Hollywood REPORTER :

Apple’s 'Pachinko' cast: Lee Min-ho, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai and Kaho Minami.

Lee Min-ho and Jin Ha lead the ensemble for the drama, based on a best-selling novel.

If Sunja is the center character of the novel, why there's not many even none mentioned about Sunja ?

• Like 9
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

9 minutes ago, gtLmh0622 said:

What an awesome day ! I just received my membership gift from Minoz.  :)

Now I'm reading your posts on "Pachinko" thread.

According to the article of THE Hollywood REPORTER :

Apple’s 'Pachinko' cast: Lee Min-ho, Jin Ha, Anna Sawai, Minha Kim, Soji Arai and Kaho Minami.

Lee Min-ho and Jin Ha lead the ensemble for the drama, based on a best-selling novel.

If Sunja is the center character of the novel, why there's not many even none mentioned about Sunja ?

I noticed that tooB) and LMH’s name was put first in the casting list and Korean Articles mentioned this in headline too. The very first news article that came out stated that LMH was the main character. I think they have made some changes. Even the actress they chose for that girl character is not well-known. LMH’s role will be prominent. I think the order of names written is important and tells you the significance of character. Sunja’s character is not emphasized in articles. In all those tweets from Hollywood report, variety, and so on, LMH and his role was emphasized. :P

• Like 11

I over slept last time I lurked here was exactly 8 hours ago and then all of sudden. articles from Deadline, Variety, Hollywood reporter, Apple Tv, MyM, Naver, Koreaboo etc etc. I feel like being flooded. 

Super excited for this project. Give this man the Golden Globe and Emmy on participation. His character has the meatness for an award because his the most chellenging character in the novel and he has these sort of characters nailed down.  hopefully this lands him both coveted awards

• Like 16
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, syntyche said:

Lee Min-ho confirmed to appear in Apple TV drama 'Pachinko'

It is a global masterpiece cast by Korean, Japanese and American actors, and is also planning to shoot in Canada, starting with the Korean all-around on October 26. 

Actor Lee Min-ho, whose name is the first to be mentioned on the casting board of "Pachinko," plays "Hansu," a merchant who has built up wealth and power with ties to Yakuza. He plays an important role in the context of the story as an opportunist faithful to his desires or a mysterious person who pursues a forbidden love with a secret in front of love, drawing keen attention from the production team to Lee Min-ho. 

"Pachinko," which will portray a chronicle of war, peace, love and separation, victory and referee between Korea, Japan and the U.S., will be produced by the production company Media Reds, while "The Terror" and "The Killing" author Soo Hugh will participate as the main writer, general production and showrunner. In particular, expectations are already rising as Korean-American director Kogonada and former director Justin, who are famous for their sensuous production, are confirmed to be in charge of four parts each.

http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=283793

Didn't we say before that we want LMH to be a huge star in the global scene?

sorry to cut your post @syntyche -  LMH heard us, he is going to be HUGE. 

Can't wait for the bits @msdot since you mentioned scandalous affair.    Someone was saying that young Sunja was only 14, 16 when she met Koh Hansu?   With only 8 episodes, there will probably be a (short) bed scene between the two - well, that's how we get Noa, right.   @Nikaa94 read above article that both directors are famous in sensuous production, not much to share except to trust that they are good :D

A young innocent woman who's fell in love with a mysterious man, then boldly took the step to go Japan, marrying another man, to protect her unborn child, her name and family's honour.  So Sunja would mostly be in Japan, as the novel was tackling on the hardship and discrimination of the Korean community in Japan, their endurance and perseverance with the focusing on her, her lovers and her children.  And Hansu was there too, been "tracking" her since.   This is on Sunja.  But the top on the casting name is Lee Min Ho!   Noa is not mentioned in the cast too.

Whoa ... so excited to know how they going to adapt the stories, focusing the lead on Hansu , meaning Lee Min Ho.    It's not going to cover all the 3 books then.  

Spoiler

·         Book I begins with the story of Sunja's father, Hoonie and ends with Noa's birth.

·         Book II begins with Baek Isak's incarceration and ends with Sunja's search of Koh Hansu.

·         Book III begins with Noa's new beginnings in Nagano and ends with Sunja's reflections upon everything that has happened to her.    --  excepts from Wiki

And according to the article, shooting will begin on Oct 26.   That .. soon.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nikaa94 said:

omg, I love this!! I hope LMH play both of them, I remember Minoz said that Hansu and Noa look alike. 

@Nikaa94, yes, Noa physically resembles Hansu, but, he is similar in personality to Isak. In one of Min Jin Lee's interview, she said that of all the characters in the book, her favorite are two of the men: Hansu and Noa. :blush:

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, willenette said:

@Nikaa94, yes, Noa physically resembles Hansu, but, he is similar in personality to Isak. In one of Min Jin Lee's interview, she said that of all the characters in the book, her favorite are two of the men: Hansu and Noa. :blush:

If these 8 episodes on Hansu, would there be next, next on Noa (played by LMH again) .. hehe (one can dream, right?)

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

15 minutes ago, Min2206 said:

Can't wait for the bits @msdot since you mentioned scandalous affair.    Someone was saying that young Sunja was only 14, 16 when she met Koh Hansu?   With only 8 episodes, there will probably be a (short) bed scene between the two - well, that's how we get Noa, right.   @Nikaa94 read above article that both directors are famous in sensuous production, not much to share except to trust that they are good :D

A young innocent woman who's fell in love with a mysterious man, then boldly took the step to go Japan, marrying another man, to protect her unborn child, her name and family's honour.  So Sunja would mostly be in Japan, as the novel was tackling on the hardship and discrimination of the Korean community in Japan, their endurance and perseverance with the focusing on her, her lovers and her children.  And Hansu was there too, been "tracking" her since.   This is on Sunja.  But the top on the casting name is Lee Min Ho!   Noa is not mentioned in the cast too.

Whoa ... so excited to know how they going to adapt the stories, focusing the lead on Hansu , meaning Lee Min Ho.    It's not going to cover all the 3 books then.  

Hide contents

·         Book I begins with the story of Sunja's father, Hoonie and ends with Noa's birth.

·         Book II begins with Baek Isak's incarceration and ends with Sunja's search of Koh Hansu.

·         Book III begins with Noa's new beginnings in Nagano and ends with Sunja's reflections upon everything that has happened to her.    --  excepts from Wiki

Miniiii!! :smooches3:you are very sweet!! Thank you for you post and information  
:heart1:

But the top on the casting name is Lee Min Ho!”.  Yesssss to this!!! I hope that we are right and that the script writer has decided to change the story and make LMH’s character the main one. In all the articles, the information and headlines are presented and written In a way that one can tell LMH’s character will be the main character. No wonder that the first casting news of this drama started with LMH and no other actor or actress. :glasses:

edit: I don’t know the directors, I hope that they do a wonderful job and that they try to create scenes that are not too long and explicit. :)

• Like 10

Just now, Min2206 said:

Reveal hidden contents

@Min2206, K-director Kogonada and Justin Chon will be the directors & at the same time they're also the Executive Producer of the drama. I've watched Kogonada's movie, which was Columbus & Justin Chon's Gook movie. Both were 2017 films. Gook is Sundance Audience Award Winning Film. Actually, Justin Chon is both an actor & a director. These are famed directors. LMH is among the (6) cast in "Panchinko", which is set to begin production on Oct. 26 (this is already next week) - He will play Hansu, described as an enigmatic outsider and merchant with ties to organized crime who embarks on an illicit romance with far-reaching consequences. He is repped by Artist International Group, MYM and attorney John Maatta. Other cast are Jin Ha,  Anna Sawai, Anna Sawai, Soji Arai & Kaho Minami .  :blush:

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, msdot said:

Re: Sex scenes. I would love to see him in one or two of those, 18+ or not, depending, of course, on how well it's done. For example, some of my favorites are ones Brad Pitt did in Meet Joe Black and Legends of the Fall. Very sweet and tender and not terribly explicit. The Outlander scenes are also terrific but so explicit and intimate that I feel I'm intruding. The sex scenes in GB were appropriate for that type of film, raw and intentionally unromantic. Ugh. So glad we did not see the one that LMH did but wasn't included in the film; it wouldn't have been pretty.

Haha I wouldn't mind that too, I mean this is Hollywood and a US produced drama, we're not in K-drama territory anymore. :P 

And he's now 33, perhaps by choosing this project and playing an unconventional character, he wants to slowly move on from his flower boy image as he has more and more mature fans from all over the world now. :D 

• Like 3
  • Naughty 4
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Min2206, K-director Kogonada and Justin Chon will be the directors & at the same time they're also the Executive Producer of the drama. I've watched Kogonada's movie, which was Columbus & Justin Chon's Gook movie. Both were 2017 films. Gook is Sundance Audience Award Winning Film. Actually, Justin Chon is both an actor & a director. These are famed directors. LMH is among the (6) cast in "Panchinko", which is set to begin production on Oct. 26 (this is already next week) - He will play Hansu, described as an enigmatic outsider and merchant with ties to organized crime who embarks on an illicit romance with far-reaching consequences. He is repped by Artist International Group, MYM and attorney John Maatta. Other cast are Jin Ha,  Anna Sawai, Anna Sawai, Soji Arai & Kaho Minami .  :blush:

Mannnn @willenette  Do you have photographic memory or what?  Amazing!!     If you are a public figure (I say you ARE in Soompi) I be your fan LOLL :D  not superstar celebrity kind, those intellectual ones , I mean

the words you used .. illicit romance with far-reaching consequences.  Yes yes, because that forbidden love drove Sunja away far, far away from her homeland, with his offspring,  and @msdot was saying sweet and tender and not terribly explicit  :blush:    

Both Directors Kogonada and Justin Chon are of SK-descendants, moreover Justin is an actor too.  A plus point with an understanding of Korean history / culture.  Thank you for the info. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Oh Wow so excited for this. 

We just need little more information on who is gonna play who. I know LMH is Koh Hansu which I am so happy for. That is for me the most interesting and conflicting character. Aside from that do we have a premier date set. I know it starts filming about 3 days. Location is Busan, Canada and Japan. 

Since LMH signed with Lazada I am hearing that his literally everywhere in Singapore from Stations to on Busses and just everywhere in singapore there is a LMH face and couldn't be more happy for him it seems like his entered a zone of his own. 

Hope he snaps the awards. His a generational actor, extremely good actor and quite the entertainer to say the least. 

I have already spoken about the French gov't awards I feel like his next. I truly feel he will get both coveted awards within the next 5-7 years because someone of his caliber will definitely get that due to his time in the entertainment world and his significance. LMH is truly a phenomenon who deserves his dues

• Like 13
  • Love 2

http://m.hankooki.com/m_dh_view.php?WM=dh&FILE_NO=ZGgyMDIwMTAyMzE0MDExNzEzOTAyMC5odG0=&ref=www.google.ru

'Pachinko', which will draw the chronicle of war and peace, love and separation, victory and judgment, traveling back and forth between Korea, Japan, and the United States, is produced by Media Reds, the author of'The Terror' and'The Killing', Soo Hugh. Participates as a main author and general production and show runner. In particular, director Kogonada and former director Justin, who are Korean-Americans famous for their sensuous direction, will each be in charge of four copies.

If I understood correctly, will the creative team split into two halves and each director will shoot 4 episodes?

• Like 10

Anti Hero FTW, This character gets to show so much Superficially In Depth Emotional Growth!!!

I mean that is the only way I can describe a Hansu, Toxic Push and Pull with Sunja  throughout her life, having a Child despise you , yet never being able to let go of his wellbeing. I mean Complexity as its Best.

I mean TBH I wanted him to play a character which an audience can or cannot sympathize with. With Noa it was we know he is in the wrong and will sympathize with him, but isn't it what LMH as mostly played or Most known for?, his overobsessive Love stemming from his childhood traumas? His characters always had a reason to play the Tsuendere he is.

Now you place him right smack in the middle of the Saga which is mostly is his own creation, He chased a Teen , has relationship with her on his own accord, basically (As per Wiki) is a jerk without any plausible childhood trauma, She then carries the whole story, he is hidden but yet cannot let go of his obsession and then even if regrets it seeing how His own Son ended up like, it is too late. The character in need of Redemption leading a Long live without one.

I am loving this!!!

PS: Yet to read the book but this is maybe the Image I have right now in my head about Hansu.

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

"Патинко": звезда K-wave Ли Мин Хо присоединился к актерскому составу, фанаты в восторге от его голливудского дебюта в первой K-драме Apple

Ли будет играть роль Ко Хансу, загадочного и загадочного персонажа из книги Мин Джин Ли.

8af22350-14db-11eb-91e2-0b48fb6face1_800

Не секрет, что в последнее время корейские драмы захватили мир. Не имея ничего, кроме времени и подписки на Netflix, многие из нас часто обращались к драматическим сериалам из Южной Кореи, которые часто бывают одного сезона, чтобы развлечься во время пандемии. В то время как Netflix уже некоторое время погружается в мир K-драмы, другие американские потоковые сервисы только-только обращают внимание на потенциал Корейской волны.

Apple стала последней, кто присоединился к этой тенденции, и они сделают это, выпустив трехъязычную адаптацию «Патинко» Мин Джин Ли. Вторая книга корейско-американского писателя вызвала бред в социальных сетях с момента ее выхода и была включена в несколько списков книг. Его даже выбрала актриса «Гарри Поттера» Эмма Уотсон для своего межсекторального феминистского книжного клуба «Наша общая полка».

«Патинко» рассказывает о нескольких поколениях корейской семьи, которые иммигрировали в Японию во время японской колониальной оккупации их страны. В центре истории - Сунджа, которая родилась в Пусане, Корея, и переезжает в Осаку, Япония, со своим новым мужем Исаком. «Пачинко», охватывающий почти 100 лет, - это рассказ об изгнании и иммигрантах, а также о выборе, который они вынуждены сделать.

Эпическая по масштабу, интимная по тону, история начинается с запретной любви и крещендо в масштабную сагу, которая путешествует между Кореей, Японией и Америкой, чтобы рассказать незабываемую историю войны и мира, любви и потерь, триумфа и расплаты. Сериал Apple TV + будет транслироваться на трех языках: корейском, японском и английском.

Волнение по поводу первой K-дорамы Apple уже очень велико, но оно резко возросло после недавних новостей о том, что звезда Халлю Ли Мин Хо вместе с Джин Ха («Разработчики», «Любовь Life '), Анна Савай (' Форсаж 9 ',' Ninja Assassin '), Минха Ким (' Call, After Spring '), Soji Arai (' Cobra Kai ',' Legacies ') и Кахо Минами (' Angel Dust ',' Дом Х ').

Мин Хо наиболее известен своими работами в «Наследниках», «Мальчиках над цветами» и, совсем недавно, в «Короле: Вечный монарх», где он сыграл главного героя. Актер-певец считается одной из главных звезд Халлю (K-волна), и его роль в сериале Apple взволновала его поклонников его большим голливудским дебютом.

Один фанат написал в Твиттере: «Он получает предложение Голливуда с 2015 года, и теперь, наконец, в 2020 году он официально начнет новую главу своего карьерного пути в качестве актера в Голливуде! ЕДИНСТВЕННОЕ ПРОСВЕЩЕНИЕ, КОТОРОЕ НЕОБХОДИМО! ДОБРО ПОЖАЛОВАТЬ В ГОЛЛИВУД, сэр! #Leeminho # Пачинко ". Другой написал: «НЕНАВИЦЫ ВСЕГДА БУДУТ НЕНАВИЖАТЬ, НО ЕГО ПОЛОЖИТ ВАС СВОИМ ПУТЬЕМ В ГОЛЛИВУД. ГОРДЫ ФАНАТЫ #LeeMinHo #Pachinko».
Ли будет играть роль Кох Хансу, которого мы впервые встретим, когда он соблазняет Сунджу-подростка в ее деревне в Йондо. Изначально о Хансу известно не так много, но когда Сунджа беременеет его ребенком, она узнает, что он уже женат и имеет троих детей в Японии. Затем мы встречаемся с Хансу намного позже в романе, когда выясняется, что Хансу не полностью оставил жизнь Сунджи, поскольку его любовь к ней привела к тому, что он использовал свои гнусные связи, чтобы манипулировать ею и жизнью ее семьи.

Один из фанатов сказал: «Всего наилучшего для вашего нового проекта @ActorLeeMinHo. Ко Хансу - сложный персонаж, и я уверен, что вы отдадите ему должное. Мы все очень взволнованы. #Pachinko #LeeMinHo». Другой написал: «Мне очень хотелось посмотреть, как Минхо играет гангстера или что-то вроде того, что написано в Gangnam Blues. Описание персонажа Хансу заинтриговало меня. #Pachinko #LeeMinHo». Один из фанатов написал в Твиттере: «#Pachinko официально внесен в список википедии Leeminho и appletv во Франции. Это не тренировка, ребята! Голливудский дебют Leeminho состоится в следующем году. Приготовьтесь, minoz!»

Производство "Пачинко" должно начаться 26 октября на нескольких континентах. «Пачинко» написан и исполнительным продюсером Су Хью («Террор»), который также выступает в роли шоураннера и создал видение сериала. Ожидается, что шоу выйдет на Apple TV + в конце 2021 или начале 2022 года.

https://meaww.com/lee-min-ho-cast-apple-tv-plus-pachinko-adaptation-fan-reactions-hollywood-debut-k-drama

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

I noticed that tooB) and LMH’s name was put first in the casting list and Korean Articles mentioned this in headline too. The very first news article that came out stated that LMH was the main character. I think they have made some changes. Even the actress they chose for that girl character is not well-known. LMH’s role will be prominent. I think the order of names written is important and tells you the significance of character. Sunja’s character is not emphasized in articles. In all those tweets from Hollywood report, variety, and so on, LMH and his role was emphasized. :P

Hope he will have enough screen time.
And I'm really happy for him that he can get the ML, not like most of Asian actors can only get supporting roles or play bad guys when they're in Hollywood products.  :P

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2